Not open for further replies.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
...open up the Class Change Core plugin and look at the settings. Do you see that Unlocked Classes plugin parameter? Do you see those numbers inside? Remove them if you don't want the skills from those classes to be carried over because they were automatically unlocked from the beginning. Please look over ALL of the plugin settings and read the entire plugin help file before continuing.

Alright, I am new to RPG Maker MV but I spent some time with VXAce so I am trying to wrap myself around this... I am watching every video and installing each plugin one at a time. I had already found the unlocked classes (which was set to 1 2 3 4 by default) and eliminated class 1 because I wanted hero to be exclusive. Since in my game all characters have heal and ice regardless of what class they currently are... What you seem to be implying is that... if the classes are unlocked then the actors retain the skills of each (and every) class they have levels in regardless of what there current class is?

Again, forgive my noobness. I am just trying to get a feel for how your plugin works. I watched each video closely and read every note and nothing seemed to cover this aspect of the plugin. It's just a bit confusing, thats all.

Edit: Just playtested and confirmed (for myself) that that is indeed how the plugin works (big derp on my part). But... isn't this a wee bit overpowered? Is there anyway to limit or stop characters from retaining skills from classes they are not currently leveling/using?

Edit(again): I get it now, I need to make a skill type for each class. Derp.

Oh and thanks for all your work man, I wouldn't have purchased RPG Maker MV without first seeing how much you have done for it. Kudos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I am new to RPG Maker MV but I spent some time with VXAce so I am trying to wrap myself around this... I am watching every video and installing each plugin one at a time. I had already found the unlocked classes (which was set to 1 2 3 4 by default) and eliminated class 1 because I wanted hero to be exclusive. Since in my game all characters have heal and ice regardless of what class they currently are... What you seem to be implying is that... if the classes are unlocked then the actors retain the skills of each (and every) class they have levels in regardless of what there current class is?

Again, forgive my noobness. I am just trying to get a feel for how your plugin works. I watched each video closely and read every note and nothing seemed to cover this aspect of the plugin. It's just a bit confusing, thats all.

Edit: Just playtested and confirmed (for myself) that that is indeed how the plugin works (big derp on my part). But... isn't this a wee bit overpowered? Is there anyway to limit or stop characters from retaining skills from classes they are not currently leveling/using?

Edit(again): I get it now, I need to make a skill type for each class. Derp.

Oh and thanks for all your work man, I wouldn't have purchased RPG Maker MV without first seeing how much you have done for it. Kudos.

You can always request an extension of a Yanfly plugin that modifies it how you want, too.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can always request an extension of a Yanfly plugin that modifies it how you want, too.

I get it now, its cool. I can make it work the way I want, the RPG Maker engine itself may limit the scope of what one can accomplish without making different skill types. I just didn't want all the characters to retain all of their skills when multiclassing, that would be insanely overpowered, heh.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This is the way I have it and I saw a guy had it like this and it worked for him. Maybe he didn't explain everything. So I'm trying to create a command in the main menu so that I can use it for Gameus' quest plug in. So what you said means that I have to do another command or need to do something else? (I'm soo confused, sorry)

View attachment 33908

Does the commandQuest function exist in Scene_Menu in his plugin? Most likely it doesn't or else you wouldn't get that error. I would suggest you ask him or anyone in his thread what command to bind to the plugin to access it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Funnily enough, I already made a Frozen skill...

But I guess I could create different versions of states for more difficult enemies. I've already, for example, got a Bleed state (HP Regen -15%) and a Mortal Wound state (HP Regen -50%), after all! :)

Screenshot 2016-03-19 21.32.19.png

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, Yanfly, it seems like the import for StealSnatch is named YEP_Template right now.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Yanfly, is there any way you can add a new function to the Event Mini Label script?

Currently "<Mini Label Range: x>" makes the label show up when I am within x spaces... but there is no way for me to have it disappear when close.

For example, something like this would be helpful... <Mini Label Range: 3,7> so it only shows up only when you are between 3 away and 7 spaces away. In this example, it would fade out when you are 2 or less spaces away.

Or perhaps approach this request with adding another comment tag like <Mini Label Hide Range: x> to fade it out if the player is within that range.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does the commandQuest function exist in Scene_Menu in his plugin? Most likely it doesn't or else you wouldn't get that error. I would suggest you ask him or anyone in his thread what command to bind to the plugin to access it.

I can confirm that the "this.commandQuest.bind(this)" is in fact the correct bind for this Gameus Quest Plugin. I use the plugin and it works fine. There must be something else wrong, such as the order the plugins are in, or another plugin causing errors for @Jefries

Edit: I just tested moving the Gameus Quest plugin around and it works both above and below YEPMMM, Jefries, did you make sure to run Gameus' .exe before testing at least once? Even if you do not put any quest in there it must run once to activate the JSON, what exact errors is it giving you? You don't have to post these here since I don't believe it is because of Yanfly's plugin, you can message me and I will help you from there (then if we can solve it I will edit this post for others who might run into this problem :)  )

Update: Turns out the problem for Jefries was with another plugin causing an ordering error.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hit Accuracy

Features and How to Use

By default, RPG Maker MV's action accuracy formula is unintuitive. For what it matters, the accuracy of the skill is determined first, then the evasion of the target is determined second regardless of the accuracy of the first check. This means that even if an attacker has 1000% HIT accuracy, the skill can still be evaded by the enemy's 5% EVA stat. So instead, this plugin will provide control over an action's accuracy formula and evasion formula. By this plugin's default settings, accuracy will now be calculated where the* attacker's HIT and the enemy's EVA are set against one another for a more intuitive accuracy formula.

You can grab the plugin here:
Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/20/yep-85-hit-accuracy/ 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS! I wrote such a plug in in ACE for physical hits, nice to know I won't need to port it over now!

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hit Accuracy

Features and How to Use

By default, RPG Maker MV's action accuracy formula is unintuitive. For what it matters, the accuracy of the skill is determined first, then the evasion of the target is determined second regardless of the accuracy of the first check. This means that even if an attacker has 1000% HIT accuracy, the skill can still be evaded by the enemy's 5% EVA stat. So instead, this plugin will provide control over an action's accuracy formula and evasion formula. By this plugin's default settings, accuracy will now be calculated where the* attacker's HIT and the enemy's EVA are set against one another for a more intuitive accuracy formula.

You can grab the plugin here:
Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/20/yep-85-hit-accuracy/ 

looks like another plug in to add and another to strike off of moogle-x's list...... his works great but this one has far more control....and compatibility

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Currently (without the addon) assuming 120% hit vs 50% evade

It checks to see if it was hit 120% of the time (basically no miss) before the evade check. And then gets evaded 50% of the time.

But with the plugin the formula:

skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)

Results in a 70% hit rate.

And this formula:

skillHitRate * (userHitRate * (1 - targetEvadeRate))

Should result in 60% hit rate.

Is that about how it all would work?

ladyaliria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Keyboard Config - This plugin allows players to change their keyboard configuration from the in-game Options menu provided that they're using a computer to play the game and not from a mobile device. The "Keyboard Config" option will send the player to a different screen where they can assign actions to each of the allowed keys on the keyboard.

About the Keyboard Config... Is there a way to change the "default" setting? (or even the "enter button" that does the "okay" action). My game only needs enter, space, z, x and the arrows. I just want to know if there's a way so simplify without the player needing to change the controls.

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin Name: YEP_X_AreaOfEffect/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1

Error Message: N/A

How to Replicate Bug: AOE Center Animation notetag is not compatible with action sequence tag action effect: target

This combination causes the center animation notetag to be overridden and the animation play on all targets.

Follow-up question but not a bug: Is the selected target always in the first position of the target queue? I was considering using action sequence to have a skill deal half damage to the AOE targets and full damage to the initial target.

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found a oversight with your accuracy script. If my actor has 90% hit and enemy has 5% EVA the final rate should be 0.85 instead the default accuracy formula you use in the parameters "skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)" returns a value of 85 and as a result I never miss.

So to make this short after running a few checks simply fix is to change the default accuracy formula to:    skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate) / 100 

This will convert the number back to a decimal that it needs to do the proper evade check.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Currently (without the addon) assuming 120% hit vs 50% evade

It checks to see if it was hit 120% of the time (basically no miss) before the evade check. And then gets evaded 50% of the time.

But with the plugin the formula:

skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)

Results in a 70% hit rate.

And this formula:

skillHitRate * (userHitRate * (1 - targetEvadeRate))

Should result in 60% hit rate.

Is that about how it all would work?

That's what the math comes down to, so yes, if you choose to use that, it'll come down to a 60% rate. :)

---

About the Keyboard Config... Is there a way to change the "default" setting? (or even the "enter button" that does the "okay" action). My game only needs enter, space, z, x and the arrows. I just want to know if there's a way so simplify without the player needing to change the controls.

Without editing the plugin itself, there's no way of changing the default setting. 

---

Plugin Name: YEP_X_AreaOfEffect/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1

Error Message: N/A

How to Replicate Bug: AOE Center Animation notetag is not compatible with action sequence tag action effect: target

This combination causes the center animation notetag to be overridden and the animation play on all targets.

Follow-up question but not a bug: Is the selected target always in the first position of the target queue? I was considering using action sequence to have a skill deal half damage to the AOE targets and full damage to the initial target.

Ah, yes. If you want to have the target scope affect only the center, use "first" instead of "target". The selected target is always the first in line for the AoE effects.

Found a oversight with your accuracy script. If my actor has 90% hit and enemy has 5% EVA the final rate should be 0.85 instead the default accuracy formula you use in the parameters "skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)" returns a value of 85 and as a result I never miss.

So to make this short after running a few checks simply fix is to change the default accuracy formula to:    skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate) / 100 

This will convert the number back to a decimal that it needs to do the proper evade check.

Ah, thanks. But rather than needing to change the default formula, I'll just adjust the SkillHitRate to by a float value instead.

ladyaliria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Without editing the plugin itself, there's no way of changing the default setting. 

Aw :(  I have no idea how to code so, hAHh. Is it possible to request for a change? (If so, does that need to be the author or it can be someone else as long as have the credits)?

Thank you for the reply :)

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YAY, Not just hit but magic hit too :D  Can't wait for next weeks plugin, I will finally have full control over the game's stat system, thank you Yanfly!

ThndrMge

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did you install the plugin and then go straight into the battle test? If so, you need to save after installing the plugin (and making any changes to it) before testing.

Apologies for my delayed reply. I found my mistake and it was a rather small and embarrassing mistake that I had overlooked...

My AoE barrier skill had a typo in the <Target Barrier: +100> line... I had used a semicolon instead of a normal one "<Target Barrier; +100>"

I realized my mistake when I created a AoE Barrier test skill and noticed it had successfully given all applicable targets +100 barrier. I apologize for my user error. Keep up the amazing work as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreskywalker