Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With ATB battle, Is there any way to give a skill more than -2000 speed  (maybe a notetag I can't find??)? I want a skill to take a REALLY long time to cast. At the max -2000 it is still wayyyy to quick... I'd like a skill that would take like 4 rounds to use.

The only way I have found is to change the eval for Charge Gauge to more than 2000, but then it becomes impossible to make "Attack" happen immediately, as there is also no way to add more than +2000 to attack speed in the database. All of the note tags that come with the script, are for changing target ATB speed, not the caster.

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah, yes. If you want to have the target scope affect only the center, use "first" instead of "target". The selected target is always the first in line for the AoE effects.

Thanks. Using "ANIMATION X: FIRST" instead of "ACTION ANIMATION" works.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
With ATB battle, Is there any way to give a skill more than -2000 speed  (maybe a notetag I can't find??)? I want a skill to take a REALLY long time to cast. At the max -2000 it is still wayyyy to quick... I'd like a skill that would take like 4 rounds to use.

The only way I have found is to change the eval for Charge Gauge to more than 2000, but then it becomes impossible to make "Attack" happen immediately, as there is also no way to add more than +2000 to attack speed in the database. All of the note tags that come with the script, are for changing target ATB speed, not the caster.

<Speed: +x>

<Speed: -x>

Umm about the newest Video (Plugin Preview)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hnjbsXPeo&pxtry=1

Can't watch it, as it's set to private :/

Ah, it's not meant to be out yet. Made a typo when scheduling that post. My bad.

Osito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Very trivial point, and I apologise if I've overlooked an earlier post about it, but YEP_X_EquipRequirements.js says v1.01 in line 14, when i believe it's actually 1.02.

Osito

SuperNurse

RPG RN
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In regards to the Animated Battlers plugin...I have everything working correctly...it's just the enemies aren't facing the actor battlers in default sideview (they are facing left when they should be facing right).  Do I have to manually flip the spritesheet?  Or is there something I am missing?

Barakonda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wrote a simple plugin to help "simplify" the all the eval parameters of the plugins.

Basically what it does is create a global function that can be used wherever, that way you can use the same code

for example both in the damage core formula and the hit rate formula(e.g. some special calculation using the current time).

it can even be used in the eval notetags!

whats more you can copy the plugin and rename in inorder create several functions and to easily identify them

since the code is extremely simple there is no compatibility issues with anything.

it will probably only serve superusers but sharing is caring so i attached it here 

View attachment Barakonda_FunctionCreator.js

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Very trivial point, and I apologise if I've overlooked an earlier post about it, but YEP_X_EquipRequirements.js says v1.01 in line 14, when i believe it's actually 1.02.

Osito

Thanks, I'll get that updated.

In regards to the Animated Battlers plugin...I have everything working correctly...it's just the enemies aren't facing the actor battlers in default sideview (they are facing left when they should be facing right).  Do I have to manually flip the spritesheet?  Or is there something I am missing?

Turn off your non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Speed: +x>

<Speed: -x>

Awesome Thanks!!! I looked after you posted and saw this was indeed listed in the BattleEngineCore script help, and not in the ATB one. I guess I made the wrong assumption that is where it would have been.

Also, just checking if you saw my previous post about a feature request for the Event Mini Labels.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-hit-accuracy-plugin-count-85/&do=findComment&comment=572468 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome Thanks!!! I looked after you posted and saw this was indeed listed in the BattleEngineCore script help, and not in the ATB one. I guess I made the wrong assumption that is where it would have been.

Also, just checking if you saw my previous post about a feature request for the Event Mini Labels.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-hit-accuracy-plugin-count-85/&do=findComment&comment=572468 

As posted on the front post of this thread: 

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, whoops, sorry about that. I was used to just commenting on Yanfly.moe for feature requests but you closed that function.

I saw the two buttons at the bottom of that page though, one led to the thread I started for your action sequences help, and the other was for bug reports. I chose to click the bug report one as there was no "suggestions link listed". It brought me to a post on page 2 of this thread, I read through that post and it and didn't say anything about not making suggestions so I thought I was safe. It was my fault for not going back and checking the OP. XD

Penguin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope this is the right place to ask this...

I'm trying to use the Main Menu Manager. Do I need to have an understanding of Javascript to use these plugins? I'm having trouble just trying to change a menu name. XD I wanted to change 'Item' to 'Inventory', but I don't understand the plugin syntax to do this. Do I need to learn Javascript to be able to use all these wonderful plugins? I've been trying to find tutorials... LOL, I feel like I'm missing something. Haha. Anyway, thank you in advance for any answers.

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Penguin

In the plugin's settings go to the part where it says "Menu 10". That's the item command by default.

Just change the "Menu 10 Name" Parameter to anything you want. In your case it'd be "Inventory" (with the quotes!)

Penguin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Luxanna

Ah, thank you very much! I was trying to rename TextManager.item like TextManager.inventory. XD The 'Inventory' in quotes fixed it. 

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Penguin

You're welcome. TextManager.item returns the "Item" string that's defined in the database so changing it to TextManager.inventory will crash since there is no such string defined anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Smart Jump

Not sure if this is a BUG exactly, but I've been trying to make jump puzzles like the ones in Mystic Quest here

[IMG]http://lparchive.org/Mystic-Quest-%28by-cardinal-direction%29/Update%2005/51-Final_Fantasy_-_Mystic_Quest.302.png[/IMG]

But for some reason the Smart Jump will only work in certain directions as shown here

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KtSfK9T.png[/IMG]

Red Arrows won't work but the Green one can. I have the Smart Jump set up as 2 and as for other scripts, I'm ONLY using yours and in the order they are on the site. I have also updated the scripts just in case but I'm still getting this weird error(?). Not sure if it's even possible to make Events work as small platforms that way or not nor if I can jump across gaps from atop Ceiling Tiles(even tho I can walk on them as a raised floor), or even if this is a "Bug" but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Smart Jump

Not sure if this is a BUG exactly, but I've been trying to make jump puzzles like the ones in Mystic Quest here

51-Final_Fantasy_-_Mystic_Quest.302.png

But for some reason the Smart Jump will only work in certain directions as shown here

KtSfK9T.png

Red Arrows won't work but the Green one can. I have the Smart Jump set up as 2 and as for other scripts, I'm ONLY using yours and in the order they are on the site. I have also updated the scripts just in case but I'm still getting this weird error(?). Not sure if it's even possible to make Events work as small platforms that way or not nor if I can jump across gaps from atop Ceiling Tiles(even tho I can walk on them as a raised floor), or even if this is a "Bug" but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.

That's actually due to one of the strange bugs with the map passability with RPG Maker MV that never got passed during the beta process. :/ If you make the tops of those areas bigger than 1x1, the jump should go through fine. Usually, 2x2 platforms work well for this. The "bug" occurs primarily due to the fact that in the small 1x1 autotile platform, it contains the passability flags that block off the top three sides (left, up, right) from entering it, which is what causes the jump to not go through. -_-

However, I'll have to look into this later.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see, Tho what of making, say a pushable block you can jump on?  Is that also not doable as of right now? I can make a block pushable via eventing but there doesn't seem to be a way to jump atop it from a ledge unless I make the even priority "Below Characters", but that would defeat the purpose of pushing the block into place.  If this is something that can't be done with this Script that's fine. It's not a big issue. I just assumed it was doable due to the Mystic Quest example in your Showcase Video. Either that or there's something else wrong with how RPG Maker MV handles the events like the Autotiles. Regardless I just wanted to ask in case there was something I was missing. Thanks for clarifying.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Pushing blocks for this has been something I held off on since a buddy of mine said he was going to make a plugin for it so that Smart Jump and Platform Push (as he called it) would work hand-in-hand. However, it didn't take off. :/ It may be something I'll have to look into the future as well, but not a current priority.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright then. Me using a Jump mechanic for my game isn't a top priority right now either. Just curious bout it all really. Thanks for clearing it all up. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacelloVerum