Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin Name: YEP_X_Area_of_effect

Hello Yanfly, it seems like your AoE Plugin and Action Sequences don't do well together.
Everything is in this Video:

Add

<Whole Action>

</Whole Action>

You need to empty out the whole action, which was the core point of the AoE default animations.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, quick question: do you plan to make a utility plugin to clone events? I seem to recall you made one for VXA and I was just wondering if it's on your "to do" list. Thanks!

CursedFoxfire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly. I decided to say thanks for all the help! Your plugins are amazing and your Tips and Tricks videos have helped me kinda learn the scripts I need to create my own unique skills and effects. So I just wanted to say thanks and sorry for being that one hassle. :rswt:  But still, thanks again!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi, quick question: do you plan to make a utility plugin to clone events? I seem to recall you made one for VXA and I was just wondering if it's on your "to do" list. Thanks!

It's on my eventual to do list. Dunno when I'll get around to it though since there's so many things that seem to need to be done. x_x

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the Bide idea!

I plan on having my Knoght be the tanky guy, so this is perfect!

Although, I admit, my Bard is the Taunter since he's kind of a Rogue type...

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys!

I am having two issues right now.

1. Picture Common Events: I cannot get character movement to work with the Picture Common Events. The movement plugin commands don't seem to do anything. I have tried "MovePlayer Up" and "TriggerButton Up" but there is no movement from the character. However "TriggerButton Cancel" brings up the menu just fine.

2 Attach Augments: I have set up an augment system. Everything seems to wok fine however the detach augments functionality does not seem to work. 

<Augment Attach: Gem>

MaxHP: +50

</Augment Attach: Gem>

<Augment Detach: Gem>

MaxHP: -50

</Augment Detach: Gem>

The "Augment Detach" does not trigger resulting in the ability to infinitely stack MaxHP: +50

Thanks for the help! PS Thanks for everything Yanfly! 

The Killer Gin,

Freddie

radajin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly, Will your weapons agument plug-in be able to change the way the weapon looks with your weapon animation plug-in? If not maybe a possible suggestions for a future update.

raoniluna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
---

From the front post of this thread:

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

---

I got it now, but the problem is that the link goes to release forums again not the proper subforum... thus my confusion, sorry

whoami

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Using plugins:

• YEP_CoreEngine
  • YEP_ItemCore
  • YEP_X_AttachAugments

Using a regular healing item from the menu will crash the game with this error:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token u
    at Object.parse (native)
    at Function.JsonEx.parse (rpg_core.js:7740:30)
    at Function.JsonEx.makeDeepCopy (rpg_core.js:7752:17)
    at Function.ItemManager.checkAugmentSlots (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:626:34)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.addAugmentSlots (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:1388:17)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.addCustomCommandsF (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:1379:34)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.makeCommandList (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1914:10)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.Window_Command.refresh (rpg_windows.js:1430:10)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.setItem (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1896:10)
    at Scene_Item.onItemOk (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:2012:28)

Demo: https://mega.nz/#!utEjRDiS!WDXAQDcPU7XhZasn_8-Alh_zT0oaQIKvPiOCfQ3wXIM

Just buy the item from the shop. Close the shop, open the menu and try to use the item from your inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add

<Whole Action>

</Whole Action>

You need to empty out the whole action, which was the core point of the AoE default animations.

Thank you, that fixed it.

However there's one more issue: The animation plays for all enemies, even when I adjusted the plugin settings to only play one centered animation.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am having two issues right now.

1. Picture Common Events: I cannot get character movement to work with the Picture Common Events. The movement plugin commands don't seem to do anything. I have tried "MovePlayer Up" and "TriggerButton Up" but there is no movement from the character. However "TriggerButton Cancel" brings up the menu just fine.

2 Attach Augments: I have set up an augment system. Everything seems to wok fine however the detach augments functionality does not seem to work. 

<Augment Attach: Gem>

MaxHP: +50

</Augment Attach: Gem>

<Augment Detach: Gem>

MaxHP: -50

</Augment Detach: Gem>

The "Augment Detach" does not trigger resulting in the ability to infinitely stack MaxHP: +50

Thanks for the help! PS Thanks for everything Yanfly! 

The Killer Gin,

Freddie

I'm having zero problems with either.

From the front page.

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video:http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

---

Using plugins:

• YEP_CoreEngine
  • YEP_ItemCore
  • YEP_X_AttachAugments

Using a regular healing item from the menu will crash the game with this error:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token u
    at Object.parse (native)
    at Function.JsonEx.parse (rpg_core.js:7740:30)
    at Function.JsonEx.makeDeepCopy (rpg_core.js:7752:17)
    at Function.ItemManager.checkAugmentSlots (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:626:34)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.addAugmentSlots (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:1388:17)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.addCustomCommandsF (plugins/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js:1379:34)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.makeCommandList (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1914:10)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.Window_Command.refresh (rpg_windows.js:1430:10)
    at Window_ItemActionCommand.setItem (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1896:10)
    at Scene_Item.onItemOk (plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:2012:28)

Demo: https://mega.nz/#!utEjRDiS!WDXAQDcPU7XhZasn_8-Alh_zT0oaQIKvPiOCfQ3wXIM

Just buy the item from the shop. Close the shop, open the menu and try to use the item from your inventory.

Thanks for the catch! Got this fixed:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js

---

Thank you, that fixed it.

However there's one more issue: The animation plays for all enemies, even when I adjusted the plugin settings to only play one centered animation.

When you use <Target Action>, it will play through all of the targets for those actions. If you want to create an animation that affects everything at once, use <Whole Action> or <Follow Action>. For the target scope, use "First" instead of "Targets" to affect only the central target.

From the Help File for Action Sequence Pack 1:

* 2. Whole Actions
 *   These actions will affect all of the targets simultaneously. Although this
 * section does not need to be used, most actions will use this for displaying
 * animations upon all enemies. This step occurs after skill and item costs.
 * 3. Target Actions
 *   This section will affect all of the targets individually. Used primarily
 * for physical attacks that will deliver more personal forms of damage. Actions
 * that occur here will not affect other targets unless specifically ordered to
 * do so otherwise.
 * 4. Follow Actions
 *   This section will dedicate towards cleanup work after the individual
 * targeting actions. Here, it'll do things such as removing immortal flags,
 * start up common events, and more.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Force Advantage

Features and How to Use:

This plugin enables you to force a battle advantage on the next upcoming battle, whether it is forced or a random encounter. These advantages can be either pre-emptive strikes, surprise attacks, or even forcing a completely normal battle with no advantage. This plugin also enables specific common events to play upon different battle types.

Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/17/yep-93-force-advantage/

Blithe

The One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly,

I've noticed this problem for a while now but wasn't sure what was causing it. If I use a skill with the scope defined as All Allies (dead), like for instance a 'Revive All' skill, it only works if the party leader is dead. Even if there are other dead party members who could be revived by the skill, it will not let me invoke the skill. As soon as the party leader dies and I invoke the skill then it will let me use it.

This is all in the context of a battle. Haven't tried it from the menu to see if that's also an issue.

I setup a clean project with only the YEP_EngineCore, and YEP_BattleEngineCore enabled in the plugin list and set up a skill that targets all dead allies then go into a test battle. If a party member dies who is not the leader then I can't use the skill. If the party leader dies then the skill becomes usable. I then turn off YEP_BattleEngineCore and run the test battle again. This time when a non party leader member dies I am allowed to use the revive all skill to bring them back.

Both plugins are the latest and in the correct order in the plugin list so I'm guessing maybe something is wrong in the BattleEngineCore plugin. Would really appreciate it if you could confirm if BattleEngineCore is somehow affecting how 'All Allies (Dead)' scoped skills behave in battle.

Thanks,

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Yanfly,

I've noticed this problem for a while now but wasn't sure what was causing it. If I use a skill with the scope defined as All Allies (dead), like for instance a 'Revive All' skill, it only works if the party leader is dead. Even if there are other dead party members who could be revived by the skill, it will not let me invoke the skill. As soon as the party leader dies and I invoke the skill then it will let me use it.

This is all in the context of a battle. Haven't tried it from the menu to see if that's also an issue.

I setup a clean project with only the YEP_EngineCore, and YEP_BattleEngineCore enabled in the plugin list and set up a skill that targets all dead allies then go into a test battle. If a party member dies who is not the leader then I can't use the skill. If the party leader dies then the skill becomes usable. I then turn off YEP_BattleEngineCore and run the test battle again. This time when a non party leader member dies I am allowed to use the revive all skill to bring them back.

Both plugins are the latest and in the correct order in the plugin list so I'm guessing maybe something is wrong in the BattleEngineCore plugin. Would really appreciate it if you could confirm if BattleEngineCore is somehow affecting how 'All Allies (Dead)' scoped skills behave in battle.

Thanks,

Ah, seems like what's happening is you have to move the cursor over to the individual party member that died. But seeing as how this can be confusing, I can provide a work around for it for it to auto-target the first dead member.

EDIT: Try this out and lemme know if it works for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mgcqz5hgnblwez/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Blithe

The One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, seems like what's happening is you have to move the cursor over to the individual party member that died. But seeing as how this can be confusing, I can provide a work around for it for it to auto-target the first dead member.

Now that you point that out I'm just realizing that it's waiting for me to navigate over to one of the dead members. My eye is always drawn to the flashing character sprites and since they're all flashing I just auto assumed that they were somehow all selected. My mistake  :D , but auto-targeting the first dead member doesn't hurt either. Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Force Advantage

Features and How to Use:

This plugin enables you to force a battle advantage on the next upcoming battle, whether it is forced or a random encounter. These advantages can be either pre-emptive strikes, surprise attacks, or even forcing a completely normal battle with no advantage. This plugin also enables specific common events to play upon different battle types.

Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/17/yep-93-force-advantage/

finally a way to make ambush event battles :D  and give an advantage buff as well this is gonna be great

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work Yanfly, amazing stuff!  

I've been searching everywhere for a plugin that would allow me to change the MP label and gauge color on a per actor (or per class) basis.  My intention is to have one character use MP as a shield gauge while another uses MP as a fatigue or rage system, and another as a traditional consumable MP resource.  I was fiddling around with the database in MV and it doesn't look like I can set hostile skills up in such a way as to treat the target's MP resource differently on a per actor (or per class) basis anyways, i.e: 

if attack skill A damages HP, then,

where MP is a shield, it would damage that first,

but where it is fatigue (or any of the others)

it would ignore it and go straight to damaging HP.  

Is there a pre-existing plugin I haven't been able to find that would do something like this?

Thank you for your time.

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep_X_TickBasedRegen acting weird in low numbers game (LOW AGI).

(Core Engine 1.13,  BufStatesCore 1.08, TickBasedRegen 1.01)

Using BattleSysCTB 1.14A, and almost all yanfly released plugins.

My params are placed around 10-20 value, game is much more DungeonsDragons style, than default FF ultrahighnumber style :)  (not rising params via LVL but via training in guilds)

If Yep_X_TickBasedRegen  is off, I  receive regen once per about 30seconds. With plugin  is on, I receive batches of 6 times regen within one actor action)

(probably because of low AGI he acted once per 6 turns or so)

In fact, I would expect regen will tick based on BattleSysCTB : Full Turn: parameter - but changing this one does not have any effect 

But it seems it completelly deppends only on actor.agi vs BattleSysCTB : Full Gauge: parameter

Is it wanted behaviour or bug?  If it is not bug, what is Full Turn parameter in plugin good for? :)  

MikauSchekzen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Plugin Name: AttachAugments v1.02

Bug: Detach and Attach/Detach Eval functionality does not seem to work. I have fixed it locally, by editing the following:

On line 683, in function ItemManager.installAugmentToSlot, getting to the eval part depends on there being a regular effect. If you only have an eval effect, it never gets there because it checks for regular effects to exists. Pretty much the same thing for ItemManager.removeAugmentFromSlot.

As for the regular detach not working, on line 558 it checks for eval mode 'augment attach', instead of 'augment detach', and thus never gets commands for detachment.

How to Replicate Bug: For the regular detach not working, add something like the following to an augment item(insertable):

Code:
<Augment Detach: Glyph>
ATK: +5
</Augment Detach: Glyph>

It will not do anything upon detaching OR attaching.

For the eval attach/detach, add something like the following to an augment item(insertable):

Code:
<Augment Attach Eval: Glyph>
console.log("Test");
</Augment Attach Eval: Glyph>

With the console window open, no message will be shown.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having zero problems with either.

From the front page.

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video:http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

---

Thanks for the catch! Got this fixed:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_AttachAugments.js

---

When you use <Target Action>, it will play through all of the targets for those actions. If you want to create an animation that affects everything at once, use <Whole Action> or <Follow Action>. For the target scope, use "First" instead of "Targets" to affect only the central target.

From the Help File for Action Sequence Pack 1:

* 2. Whole Actions
 *   These actions will affect all of the targets simultaneously. Although this
 * section does not need to be used, most actions will use this for displaying
 * animations upon all enemies. This step occurs after skill and item costs.
 * 3. Target Actions
 *   This section will affect all of the targets individually. Used primarily
 * for physical attacks that will deliver more personal forms of damage. Actions
 * that occur here will not affect other targets unless specifically ordered to
 * do so otherwise.
 * 4. Follow Actions
 *   This section will dedicate towards cleanup work after the individual
 * targeting actions. Here, it'll do things such as removing immortal flags,
 * start up common events, and more.

I did as you asked and recreated both issues in two separate projects (they still have issues):

Augment issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1JG7mnOp0vZaE5ZcXluNk9paEE/view?usp=sharing

Picture Common Event issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1JG7mnOp0vZTW5YOFdPa2h3NEU

Thanks,

Freddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JetWentworth