Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there fluffy yanfly...I'm Jomaru and a college student in the philippines...I created a thesis using RPG Maker MV and your plugins...and i'm wondering what algorithms are used in your scripts

the plugins that I used is 

Battle Engine core

Battle AI core

Core engine

Damage core

Enemy Levels

Equip core

Event mini label

Extra param formula

gab window

Item core

Main menu manager

Message core

Picture common events

Region restriction

Shop menu core

Skill core

Status menu core

Taunt

Weapon animation

Weapon unleash

and many more...

So i'm hoping you can tell me the algorithms that you used...and since i have no knowledge about javascripts please forgive me for my idiocy

thanks fluffy yanfly and your a God

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly. In the AI Core plugin, if you use Highest TP for targeting, the game crashes. Seems to be an out of bounds

TypeError: Cannot read property '6' of undefined
at Game_Actor.paramBase (rpg_objects.js:3832)
at Game_Actor.paramBase (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1096)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.param (rpg_objects.js:2441)
at Function.AIManager.setHighestParamTarget (YEP_BattleAICore.js:990)
at Function.AIManager.setProperTarget (YEP_BattleAICore.js:824)
at Function.AIManager.conditionAlways (YEP_BattleAICore.js:1160)
at Function.AIManager.passAIConditions (YEP_BattleAICore.js:1092)
at Function.AIManager.isDecidedActionAI (YEP_BattleAICore.js:748)
at Game_Enemy.setAIPattern (YEP_BattleAICore.js:586)
at Game_Enemy.makeActions (YEP_BattleAICore.js:567)

Example:

Code:
<AI Priority>
Always: AISkill, Highest TP
</AI Priority>

Last edited by a moderator:

Superhiro_Nik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the update, Yanfly! Now my character correctly starts the game with 0 EXP when using Class Base Paramters to set the EXP curve.

However, I still have a problem. Or maybe I just misunderstand the functionality of the plugin?

I'm still using this formula:

<Custom Class Parameters>

exp = level * 5 + 15;

</Custom Class Parameters>

The first level up correctly requires 20 EXP. However, every level up after that just seems to require 5 EXP! Is my formula wrong or is there still a bug in the plug-in?

Hope I can help. Thank you so much for all your awesome plug-ins!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly, thanks for your amazing scripts, I've been having some problems with my code/Skill Learn System plugin. Can you take a look at it on the previous page and help me out? I haven't had much luck with it. Thanks!

Sorry, but this thread is only for support for code that I've personally provided. Lunatic Mode that isn't provided by me won't be supported by me either as per the post on the front page: 

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

---

Hello Yanfly. In the AI Core plugin, if you use Highest TP for targeting, the game crashes. Seems to be an out of bounds

TypeError: Cannot read property '6' of undefined
at Game_Actor.paramBase (rpg_objects.js:3832)
at Game_Actor.paramBase (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1096)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.param (rpg_objects.js:2441)
at Function.AIManager.setHighestParamTarget (YEP_BattleAICore.js:990)
at Function.AIManager.setProperTarget (YEP_BattleAICore.js:824)
at Function.AIManager.conditionAlways (YEP_BattleAICore.js:1160)
at Function.AIManager.passAIConditions (YEP_BattleAICore.js:1092)
at Function.AIManager.isDecidedActionAI (YEP_BattleAICore.js:748)
at Game_Enemy.setAIPattern (YEP_BattleAICore.js:586)
at Game_Enemy.makeActions (YEP_BattleAICore.js:567)

Example:

<AI Priority>
Always: AISkill, Highest TP
</AI Priority>

Thanks for the catch, Dream! I'll get this fixed by tonight.

---

Thank you for the update, Yanfly! Now my character correctly starts the game with 0 EXP when using Class Base Paramters to set the EXP curve.

However, I still have a problem. Or maybe I just misunderstand the functionality of the plugin?

I'm still using this formula:

exp = level * 5 + 15;

The first level up correctly requires 20 EXP. However, every level up after that just seems to require 5 EXP! Is my formula wrong or is there still a bug in the plug-in?

Hope I can help. Thank you so much for all your awesome plug-ins!

That's your formula's issue. All formulas follow the arithmetic rule of PEDMAS.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly i would like to give another error for your classbaseparam

the status menu was fixed and the experiance seems to math correctly..... the problem however is for the other stats.....

for MHP, MMP, ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI dont calculate right unless you use level * X in your formula and even then when i go to change equipment i cant remove any gear or change cuase the result will = NaN from any change for those same stats........i can add gear and they will function properly but after that they cant be removed and it only displays NaN but when i turn off the plug in it works normally.........

Superhiro_Nik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ahhh, I get it now. The EXP formula sets the TOTAL exp needed for level up, right? I think it might be helpful to clarify that a bit in the plug-in description. As it reads now, it's a bit unclear.

Thank you very much for your help and I hope I wasn't too much of a bother.

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
HIho I need a littel help with your plugin for

Special Parameter Formula

Once i Implement it, all works fine.

Can Look at it inside the Status Winow once i Click on Parametes.

but once i Try to modify Parameters like you wrote on your page Lets say i change

— PDR —(base + plus) * rate + flat 

to

— PDR —(base + plus) * rate + flat – (user.def / 4000)

and than look inside the Status Winow once i Click on Parametes

I get an Unexpected token Illegal

this is the Error Log :

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.sparam (YEP_SpecialParamFormula.js:544)
    at Game_Actor.Object.defineProperties.pdr.get (rpg_objects.js:2169)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributeData (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1155)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributesInfo (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1076)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributes (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1034)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:662)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_ActorVariables.js:340)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_BattleStatistics.js:351)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_ProfileStatusPage.js:334)
    at Window_StatusInfo.refresh (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:645)

SceneManager.catchException rpg_managers.js:1618

SceneManager.update nrpg_managers.js:1579

hope you can Help me with that.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
yanfly i would like to give another error for your classbaseparam

the status menu was fixed and the experiance seems to math correctly..... the problem however is for the other stats.....

for MHP, MMP, ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI dont calculate right unless you use level * X in your formula and even then when i go to change equipment i cant remove any gear or change cuase the result will = NaN from any change for those same stats........i can add gear and they will function properly but after that they cant be removed and it only displays NaN but when i turn off the plug in it works normally.........

I'm having zero problems with this and haven't gotten any other reports about. Are your formulas JavaScript legal?

---

HIho I need a littel help with your plugin for

but once i Try to modify Parameters like you wrote on your page Lets say i change

to

this is the Error Log :

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.sparam (YEP_SpecialParamFormula.js:544)
    at Game_Actor.Object.defineProperties.pdr.get (rpg_objects.js:2169)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributeData (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1155)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributesInfo (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1076)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawAttributes (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:1034)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:662)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_ActorVariables.js:340)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_BattleStatistics.js:351)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (YEP_X_ProfileStatusPage.js:334)
    at Window_StatusInfo.refresh (YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:645)

SceneManager.catchException rpg_managers.js:1618

SceneManager.update nrpg_managers.js:1579

hope you can Help me with that.

If you're copy pasting from the Wordpress site, then the minus sign has formatted differently. Replace the minus sign with something you personally typed from your keyboard. Make sure that whenever you copy/paste something, copy/paste it from the help file for best accuracy.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

to

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you might be using em dash instead of en dash (i.e. a longer dash instead of the usual dash: compare this – to this - ). The latter is what you should be using as a "minus sign" to subtract values.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having zero problems with this and haven't gotten any other reports about. Are your formulas JavaScript legal?

well the formulas i'm using are

for exsample

(((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 they calculate right on first level with a slight calculation error of +4 more then the formula gives at level 1 (character starts with 5 str and 6 dex)

but even if i increase str by 100 points the atk stat remains unchanged.....and at level up due to his weapon he gains +3 to all additional statistics added in......his stats only increase by what the weapon gains every level and the other stats stay stagnent even though the value of str and dex increase every level but if i make the formula 

level * (((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 or (((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 + level * 4 it calculates correctly.......

though that could be an error with the plug in that adds the stats.......since the other plug in from him doesnt work at all.........

but that doesnt change the equipment problem.... even using the formula in the help file the character stats show right on the left side and when you go to see the stat change with a diff gear you get  current stat -> Nan for all stats except luck......

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah you where right, it was just a Formation error but it wasnt just the -.

+ / . and () where all wrong xD well was just my bad sorry for the wrong call.

I have a Sin Sloth ^^ and didn't want to tip to mutch now after tiping all in manualy it works ........ still thanks.

My Bad Sorry again.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. ExtMesPack1 - Yes, this is an intended effect as the plugin command/script call is meant to be an alternative for those who aren't using switches. But you raise a good point about synching the two and referencing the switch. I can make this change.

2. You may have taken the line of code out from the plugin itself, but you're skipping several steps that make an item augmentable, which is why it's crashing for you.

Awesome!  Thanks for the response. :)

I'll go back to your file and try to figure out what the earlier steps are.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ Yanfly

I noticed that the Tips & Tricks "Bide" creates problems with the ATB !!!  :(

DragoHorse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly,

First off, I love your scripts! :)

And I have a question cause it seems I can't find the solution myself.

I started to use 'class change core' and 'subclass' plugins.

Now, what I would like to do is, the 'Hero' can't use 'Heal' but with the subclass 'Priest' he can.

After a long while it worked.

But now I just can't get the skill 'Heal' work on my 'Priest' anymore.

These are the notetags I used on the skill 'Heal'; 

<Require Class: 4, 1>

<Require Subclass: 4>

I really dont know if thats alright, I never used notetags and those 'coding'. :p

Thanks anyway for reading,

DragoHorse

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One more question in regard to the Augment plugin - What I'm trying to do is set up a character so that they start with an augment already in place on an item when they are first added to the party.  Or a special item is acquired that already has the augment (for lore purposes) which can then be removed from the item and used elsewhere.  The ability to have the augment already attached to something has immense story-telling potential.  

Is there a way to do that with the plugin as it already is (and I'm just too dense to figure it out yet)?  If not, is it something you would consider adding to the plugin?

Thank you!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

For those of us who want to make a custom title screen... Is there any way to call the Credits Page window though a Javascript/Plugin call? 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
What If I want the Opposite? An Attack skill is converted into recovery?

Replace 'isHpEffect' with 'isDamage'.

---

well the formulas i'm using are

for exsample

(((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 they calculate right on first level with a slight calculation error of +4 more then the formula gives at level 1 (character starts with 5 str and 6 dex)

but even if i increase str by 100 points the atk stat remains unchanged.....and at level up due to his weapon he gains +3 to all additional statistics added in......his stats only increase by what the weapon gains every level and the other stats stay stagnent even though the value of str and dex increase every level but if i make the formula 

level * (((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 or (((str*1.2)+(Dex*1.1))*1.2) + 4 + level * 4 it calculates correctly.......

though that could be an error with the plug in that adds the stats.......since the other plug in from him doesnt work at all.........

but that doesnt change the equipment problem.... even using the formula in the help file the character stats show right on the left side and when you go to see the stat change with a diff gear you get  current stat -> Nan for all stats except luck......

It's not a bug with my plugin then. Copy paste the formulas inside of the helpfile:

maxhp = level * 30 + 300;
maxmp = level * 20 + 150;
atk = level * 15 + 15;
def = level * 11 + 16;
mat = level * 12 + 14;
mdf = level * 10 + 13;
agi = level * 14 + 15;
luk = level * 13 + 12;
exp = level * 100;

Those are giving me absolutely zero problems. You'll have to find a solution with the creator of that plugin. If you can't come up with a solution, then this plugin isn't the right one for you.

---

@ Yanfly

I noticed that the Tips & Tricks "Bide" creates problems with the ATB !!!  :(

Explain? If you don't explain, I can't help.

---

Hey Yanfly,

First off, I love your scripts! :)

And I have a question cause it seems I can't find the solution myself.

I started to use 'class change core' and 'subclass' plugins.

Now, what I would like to do is, the 'Hero' can't use 'Heal' but with the subclass 'Priest' he can.

After a long while it worked.

But now I just can't get the skill 'Heal' work on my 'Priest' anymore.

These are the notetags I used on the skill 'Heal'; 

<Require Class: 4, 1>

<Require Subclass: 4>

I really dont know if thats alright, I never used notetags and those 'coding'. :p

Thanks anyway for reading,

DragoHorse

When you use the <Require Subclass: x> notetag, that makes the skill into a subclass only skill.

---

Hey Yanfly,

For those of us who want to make a custom title screen... Is there any way to call the Credits Page window though a Javascript/Plugin call? 

The credits menu is automatically tied to the command window so there should be no need to do that. If the custom title screen plugin maker removes or rewrites the whole entire command window, I'm afraid you'll have to ask the plugin maker for help about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlyasser17