Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a bug with my plugin then. Copy paste the formulas inside of the helpfile:

<Custom Class Parameters>
maxhp = level * 30 + 300;
maxmp = level * 20 + 150;
atk = level * 15 + 15;
def = level * 11 + 16;
mat = level * 12 + 14;
mdf = level * 10 + 13;
agi = level * 14 + 15;
luk = level * 13 + 12;
exp = level * 100;
</Custom Class Parameters>

Those are giving me absolutely zero problems. You'll have to find a solution with the creator of that plugin. If you can't come up with a solution, then this plugin isn't the right one for you.

yep it was a mistake of other plug in.... even though it said it can be used in any formula the plug in was not yet finished and the creator released it early

but if i'm right

maxhp = (level - 1) * 45 + 285;

maxmp = (level - 1) * 5 + 15;

atk = (level - 1) * 5 + 4;

def = (level - 1) * 4 + 3;

mat = (level - 1) * 5 + 4;

mdf = (level - 1) * 8 + 6;

agi = (level - 1) * 3 + 2;

luk = (level - 1) * 3 + 2;

exp = level * 1000;

should work so that lvl 1 stats will be hp 285, mp 15, atk 4, def 3, mat 4, mdf 6, agi 2, luck 2 correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyGabranth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello again Yanfly!

Today the plugin YEP_X_ClassBaseParam caused this crash report when I opened up the Statistics page in-game.

----------------------------------

TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.
    at TypeError (native)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:599:41)
    at Window_StatusInfo.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1318:17)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawExpGauge (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:748:10)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawGeneralExp (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:772:10)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawGeneral (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:688:8)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:665:12)
    at Window_StatusInfo.refresh (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:645:8)
    at Window_StatusInfo.setSymbol (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:630:25)rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchException

---------------------------------------

It only arose when I implemented my exp formula: exp = 100 * Math.pow(1.1, level)

The game functions just fine and I can gain exp in the correct manor however the game crashes when I enter character stats.

HolyGabranth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The FPS Synch plugin requires your game to be running with MV 1.1.0. This will also include the base source code, too. You can do a quick check with your rpg_x.js files in your "js" folder. If they don't have 1.1.0 at the top, it means it's not up to date. Create a new project with your updated MV 1.1.0, then copy the rpg_x.js files created with it over to your main project's "js" folder. It should work after that.

Works like a charm!

And thanks for reminding me about the updates, I totally missed them.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again Yanfly!

Today the plugin YEP_X_ClassBaseParam caused this crash report when I opened up the Statistics page in-game.

TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.
    at TypeError (native)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:599:41)
    at Window_StatusInfo.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1318:17)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawExpGauge (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:748:10)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawGeneralExp (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:772:10)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawGeneral (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:688:8)
    at Window_StatusInfo.drawInfoContents (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:665:12)
    at Window_StatusInfo.refresh (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:645:8)
    at Window_StatusInfo.setSymbol (file:///C:/Users/mikhail/Documents/RPGMV/Asphodelus/Asphodelus/js/plugins/YEP_StatusMenuCore.js:630:25)rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchException

It only arose when I implemented my exp formula: exp = 100 * Math.pow(1.1, level)

The game functions just fine and I can gain exp in the correct manor however the game crashes when I enter character stats.

this was fixed in lastnights update you just need to update the plug in

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
The class change core is very nice but for some reason the hp and mp got messed after leveling and changing classes. For example a hero with 450hp changed class to mage and istead of 450hp it goes down to 38 and 0 mp. Excuse me for my bad english.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The class change core is very nice but for some reason the hp and mp got messed after leveling and changing classes. For example a hero with 450hp changed class to mage and istead of 450hp it goes down to 38 and 0 mp. Excuse me for my bad english.

thats due to the fact that stats are based on class and not actor..... and when you change class your level reverts back to 1

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One more question in regard to the Augment plugin - What I'm trying to do is set up a character so that they start with an augment already in place on an item when they are first added to the party.  Or a special item is acquired that already has the augment (for lore purposes) which can then be removed from the item and used elsewhere.  The ability to have the augment already attached to something has immense story-telling potential.  

Is there a way to do that with the plugin as it already is (and I'm just too dense to figure it out yet)?  If not, is it something you would consider adding to the plugin?

Thank you!

Haha!  I got it!  For anyone else who might want to do this (It was just one command more that I needed):

----------

ItemManager.checkAugmentSlots(item); // Where 'item' is whatever item you want to be able to add an augment via JS.

ItemManager.installAugmentToSlot(item, effectItem, slotId);

// Where item is the same item as the previous line, effectItem is the augment's itemID, and slotId is whichever slot you want to put the augment in (array starts at 0).

----------

For me the commands read:

ItemManager.checkAugmentSlots($gameActors.actor(1).equips()[2]);

ItemManager.installAugmentToSlot($gameActors.actor(1).equips()[2], $dataItems[81], 0);

This puts an augment (Item ID 81) into the piece of equipment into the first slot of my first actor's third equipment slot reliably every time.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Explain? If you don't explain, I can't help.

Ok ... I've noticed that when I use the skill that causes the status BIDE ... the ATB bar continues to move forward ... and when it's my turn again and the enemy hit me and status is still active ( so they are not expired 3 turns) ... nothing happens ... and it makes me even select the skills ... :(

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
yep it was a mistake of other plug in.... even though it said it can be used in any formula the plug in was not yet finished and the creator released it early

but if i'm right

maxhp = (level - 1) * 45 + 285;

maxmp = (level - 1) * 5 + 15;

atk = (level - 1) * 5 + 4;

def = (level - 1) * 4 + 3;

mat = (level - 1) * 5 + 4;

mdf = (level - 1) * 8 + 6;

agi = (level - 1) * 3 + 2;

luk = (level - 1) * 3 + 2;

exp = level * 1000;

should work so that lvl 1 stats will be hp 285, mp 15, atk 4, def 3, mat 4, mdf 6, agi 2, luck 2 correct?

Right. That'll make it so that the level count starts at 0 instead.

---

Hello again Yanfly!

at TypeError (native)

Hm, I just entered that same formula in and checked the status menu without problem. There was an update for the Class Base Parameter plugin that should have fixed this. Did you update it?

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Yanfly,

Wordwrap for messagecore isn't working after the 1.2.1 update. I thought it was just my plugins so I fired up a new project and put in Yanfly Core Engine and Message Core (Theyre both up to date) 

I made sure Wordwrapping was enabled and even tried putting <WordWrapping> in the textbox.

And it still gets cut off if the message is too big instead of word wrapping.

Is it possible to fix? I'm pretty deep into my project and most text uses the word wrap feature, it'd be a pain to manually go back and edit them. 

Thanks.~

HolyGabranth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm, I just entered that same formula in and checked the status menu without problem. There was an update for the Class Base Parameter plugin that should have fixed this. Did you update it?

The update fixed the problem but I will note that the plugin's displayed version didn't change for me.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
FlyingDream's General Parameter Calculator

This is a calculator made for the Base Parameter Control and Class Base Parameters plugins! FlyingDream made this helpful tool to calculate the changes made to the various RPG Maker MV parameters and show their growth across different levels!

You can access the tool here: http://yanfly.moe/tools/generalparametercalculator/

Enjoy!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly,

Wordwrap for messagecore isn't working after the 1.2.1 update. I thought it was just my plugins so I fired up a new project and put in Yanfly Core Engine and Message Core (Theyre both up to date) 

I made sure Wordwrapping was enabled and even tried putting <WordWrapping> in the textbox.

And it still gets cut off if the message is too big instead of word wrapping.

Is it possible to fix? I'm pretty deep into my project and most text uses the word wrap feature, it'd be a pain to manually go back and edit them. 

Thanks.~

It's working fine for me:

ZL77z1d.jpg

The update fixed the problem but I will note that the plugin's displayed version didn't change for me.

Thanks! I'll get the version number updated!

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's working fine for me:

Thanks! I'll get the version number updated!

Eek, I feel like an idiot. Didn't turn off Victor's ControlText in the 50+ i turned off, and was the cause of the problem.

Ended up putting his Module & ControlText above Message Core and it fixed it.

Not sure why it doesn't wrap in newer projects for me but thats the least of my worries. Sorry for the trouble.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This is a calculator made for the Base Parameter Control and Class Base Parameters plugins! FlyingDream made this helpful tool to calculate the changes made to the various RPG Maker MV parameters and show their growth across different levels!

You can access the tool here: http://yanfly.moe/tools/generalparametercalculator/

Enjoy!

so this sort of genuis happens when two genuises work together ^_^ yanfly you and flying dream are the best

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just saw the v1.07 update for YEP_X_ExtMesPack1!  Awesome!  Thank you! :D

Jonnah

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A

Enjoy!

Does this support logarithmic functions and roots higher than square?

Banez81

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm new here and I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I tried to look around the board but didn't find anything.
I'm having a problem with the CTB icons blocking the battle messages. I noticed in Yanfly's video whenever a battle

message would pop up the CTB icons moved down automatically so that they didn't block any text.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you Yanfly for all the work you've done btw, these plugins are amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cxsr