Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd just like to mention something I noticed in the video for FlyingDream's Parameter Calculator. The video said that you can only set level 1 and level 99 stats, but I'm able to set the stats for the levels in between as well. 

Here's a picture of what I mean (don't mind the craziness of the stats, one of the people helping me with my game thought it was funny)

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/19/40/48/14/stats10.png

(Unless I'm wrong and that'll cause errors eventually, I don't know since I haven't tested out the leveling with that class yet. I just figured that, since you can do that in the editor, it'd work in the game as well.)

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly, is there a way to see the effects of an installed augment without removing it from the item it's installed in and looking at it in the inventory?  For instance, within the Scene_equip, I can see the name of the installed augment(s), but I can't tell what it does.  Even in the Inventory->armor submenu, when I select the item with the installed augment, I can only see the name of the installed augment(s).  I tried using <Info Text Top>, but that just works when looking at the uninstalled augment as an item.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

RnWHat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In CTB, when I attempted to have a move that is both instant cast and moves the character into another row (more specifically, up 1 row to the front into melee range), my game seems to soft-lock. It doesn't give me an error message; my characters just kind of stand there. Also, the enemy formation seems to shuffle around a little, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with this; using a move that simply moves a character up or back a row does not cause this freeze.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Does this support logarithmic functions and roots higher than square?

It does! :)  All JavaScript math functions are supported.

---

I'm new here and I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I tried to look around the board but didn't find anything.
I'm having a problem with the CTB icons blocking the battle messages. I noticed in Yanfly's video whenever a battle

message would pop up the CTB icons moved down automatically so that they didn't block any text.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you Yanfly for all the work you've done btw, these plugins are amazing!!

2OI5XeT.jpg

Change that. Save, then test.

---

I'd just like to mention something I noticed in the video for FlyingDream's Parameter Calculator. The video said that you can only set level 1 and level 99 stats, but I'm able to set the stats for the levels in between as well. 

Here's a picture of what I mean (don't mind the craziness of the stats, one of the people helping me with my game thought it was funny)

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/19/40/48/14/stats10.png

(Unless I'm wrong and that'll cause errors eventually, I don't know since I haven't tested out the leveling with that class yet. I just figured that, since you can do that in the editor, it'd work in the game as well.)

Yes, you can do it like that, but what the video meant to say is that it doesn't generate the curve for anything except 1 through 99 as endpoints. You can't use a formula for it.

---

Yanfly, is there a way to see the effects of an installed augment without removing it from the item it's installed in and looking at it in the inventory?  For instance, within the Scene_equip, I can see the name of the installed augment(s), but I can't tell what it does.  Even in the Inventory->armor submenu, when I select the item with the installed augment, I can only see the name of the installed augment(s).  I tried using <Info Text Top>, but that just works when looking at the uninstalled augment as an item.

Thanks!

There's an upcoming plugin that will allow customization from the equip menu. You'll be able to see it there.

---

In CTB, when I attempted to have a move that is both instant cast and moves the character into another row (more specifically, up 1 row to the front into melee range), my game seems to soft-lock. It doesn't give me an error message; my characters just kind of stand there. Also, the enemy formation seems to shuffle around a little, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with this; using a move that simply moves a character up or back a row does not cause this freeze.

Please follow all these instructions:

In the event I won't be able to reproduce your error, I'd like to ask you to do the following:

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.
Thanks for helping!

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey thanks for all your great work Yanfly.

I do have a question about the Class change core and Subclass plugins.

I've made a Red Mage class and given it both black and white magic skills. If I level my Black Mage to level 50 and then swap to Red Mage level 1, my Red Mage can access all of the Black Mage spells up to 50 (minus the ones I've locked to Black Mage main only). Is there any way to lock out skills that are not learned on the main class?

ie. I want Water to unlock at 13 Red Mage but if Black mage is 50, my Red Mage can use it at level 1.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've made a Red Mage class and given it both black and white magic skills. If I level my Black Mage to level 50 and then swap to Red Mage level 1, my Red Mage can access all of the Black Mage spells up to 50 (minus the ones I've locked to Black Mage main only). Is there any way to lock out skills that are not learned on the main class?

ie. I want Water to unlock at 13 Red Mage but if Black mage is 50, my Red Mage can use it at level 1.

thats actually a problem with how rpg maker works, if you learn a skill, the actor can use it with any class that can access the skill type......so if you learn it from black mage then the red mage will have access to it if he has access to black magic even if you have the spell exclusive to being learned by the black mage class

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been working with YEP_AutoPassiveStates to create equipment lock states, and I'm running into what I think might be a bug.

State = <Passive Condition: Switch 245 ON> 

Actor = <Passive State: 25>

When I'm in the game and I flip the switch, through $gameSwitches.setValue(245, true), or through the debug menu, the equipment slot does not dim or become locked.  As soon as I unequip whatever is equipped there, or hit 'Clear' or 'Optimize', the slot becomes locked in whatever state it is in at that point.  For instance, instead of locking the current item into place (or locking a free slot), I can unequip the slot and then it immediately locks so that I can't put any equipment into it.  When I flip the switch back to OFF, the slot remains locked as far as the 'Equip' command goes, but if I hit the 'Optimize' or 'Clear' commands, the slot unlocks and the slot changes accordingly.

Thank you!

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Ok ... I've noticed that when I use the skill that causes the status BIDE ... the ATB bar continues to move forward ... and when it's my turn again and the enemy hit me and status is still active ( so they are not expired 3 turns) ... nothing happens ... and it makes me even select the skills ... :(

BUMP

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

Make them into different skills and have them use different skill types.

***Class Skills carried over

This is a general answer. If you are using the Class Change Core and are wondering why skills from other classes are appearing in other classes, it is because you are using the same skill type. This is an intended function. The same way if you were to NOT use the Class Change Core plugin and use RPG Maker MV's default class changing event, any skills acquired from the class you changed from will remain in the character even after changing. That is just how it works and I have no plans on changing that. If you wish to distinguish your skills to certain classes, then make different skill types for those classes and set those skills to those new skill types.

---

Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaijinzyg0dp3vy/Instant%20Row%20Test.zip?dl=0

From this bare bones package, the game still freezes. Thank you for the quick response!

When I gave you those steps to follow, you need to follow all of them: 

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

By simply putting the plugins in the right order, everything worked as intended.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have been working with YEP_AutoPassiveStates to create equipment lock states, and I'm running into what I think might be a bug.

State = <Passive Condition: Switch 245 ON> 

Actor = <Passive State: 25>

When I'm in the game and I flip the switch, through $gameSwitches.setValue(245, true), or through the debug menu, the equipment slot does not dim or become locked.  As soon as I unequip whatever is equipped there, or hit 'Clear' or 'Optimize', the slot becomes locked in whatever state it is in at that point.  For instance, instead of locking the current item into place (or locking a free slot), I can unequip the slot and then it immediately locks so that I can't put any equipment into it.  When I flip the switch back to OFF, the slot remains locked as far as the 'Equip' command goes, but if I hit the 'Optimize' or 'Clear' commands, the slot unlocks and the slot changes accordingly.

Thank you!

This appears to be an issue with the refreshing mechanisms. I'll have to see what I can get done about this later tonight.

---

Did you follow ALL of the instructions on the Tips & Tricks. It sounds like you didn't set up the state properly.

RnWHat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh! Whoops. The order was way wrong. Thanks a lot!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Item Core >> Item Disassemble

Features and How to Use:

Sometimes, there are items that simply not useful to the player anymore. In that case, why not give players the option to break down the item into something a little bit more useful? Using this plugin, players can break down and disassemble items, weapons, and armors into something else. Using different types of disassemblers, the player can get different types of items back, too.

Plugin Download and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/29/yep-96-item-disassemble-rpg-maker-mv/

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the best part about classbaseparam plug in is you can use formulas that have decimals and it will calculate it correctly :D  allowing for more interesting level ups :D

now i do have a question with your skill learn system.... can i have it set up where a character doesnt unlock any of the class skills until a later point in the game (meaning they can learn any skills til this switch is pressed) and the skills avalible dont show up in the skill learn or would it be better to preform a class change at that point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
the best part about classbaseparam plug in is you can use formulas that have decimals and it will calculate it correctly :D  allowing for more interesting level ups :D

now i do have a question with your skill learn system.... can i have it set up where a character doesnt unlock any of the class skills until a later point in the game (meaning they can learn any skills til this switch is pressed) and the skills avalible dont show up in the skill learn or would it be better to preform a class change at that point?

From the help file:

*   <Learn Require Switch: x>
 *   <Learn Require Switch: x, x, x>
 *   <Learn Require Switch: x to y>
 *   In order for the skill to appear, the switch(es) x must be on. If x to y
 *   is used, all of the switches from x to y must be on in order for the skill
 *   to appear. Replace x and/or y with switch ID's.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Did you follow ALL of the instructions on the Tips & Tricks. It sounds like you didn't set up the state properly.

I did everything as you said in the video ... and the status was applied ... I had the icon designated by me in 'hud !!!

LightningLord2

Psionic Bird Thrower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If I disassemble an item that had augments attached to it, do I get them back?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I guess that makes sense since you're naturally destroying EVERY part of the weapon/armor/item. Say you have a sword with a Fire Gem Augment in it, and you disessemble said sword, unless you remove said Augment beforehand, naturally it'd get crushed into dust alongside the rest of whatever components make up said sword in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beregond2