Not open for further replies.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make them into different skills and have them use different skill types.

***Class Skills carried over

This is a general answer. If you are using the Class Change Core and are wondering why skills from other classes are appearing in other classes, it is because you are using the same skill type. This is an intended function. The same way if you were to NOT use the Class Change Core plugin and use RPG Maker MV's default class changing event, any skills acquired from the class you changed from will remain in the character even after changing. That is just how it works and I have no plans on changing that. If you wish to distinguish your skills to certain classes, then make different skill types for those classes and set those skills to those new skill types.

I assumed as much. I wasn't sure if I had missed anything. Thanks for clearing that up.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
With this latest plug-in, it leaves me wondering a few things about item-based plugins.

1. Would this plugin have a Lunatic feature that changes percentages of receiving rarer items based on a variable? Let's say said variable is a character's luck...
  2. Regarding other item plugins like the attunement and upgrades, I see you have those features coming up in the equipment screen going by the plugin list. Do you know if there's the possibility of it being able to be accessed from a shop rather than the equipment or item menus?

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

kreedves

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey yanfly i made a ghost actor and i want her to have the "floating" effect you can do with enemies can you tweet the plugin so that breathing and floating, (maybe size scaling, to create giants and pixie) can effect allies as well!

nerochepiace

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Dear Yanfly, 

I need some help to achieve an effect with the plugin Selection Control.

I want an ability that can target row depending on which row the user is...

For now, what i have done is...

//<Row Only: 1, 2>

//<Custom Select Condition>

if (!target.isActor()) {

if (user.row() == 1) {

if (target.row() < 3) condition = true;

else {condition = false;

}

}

else {

if (target.row()== 1) condition = true;

else {condition = false;

}

}

} else {

condition = false;

}

//</Custom Select Condition>

And work. But the problem is when the monster first row is empty.

If the user is in the second row, no more target are valid. 

I use the tags //<Not Row Lock> and //<Defaault Row:x> for the enemy,

I'm doing it wrong? The plugin do not change the enemies row to fill the gaps?

KeroTani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I need some help with a problem. I want to make it so I can only have 4 party members. I'd like to set it up so that the people not in my party are at the home base. Can anyone give me a hand.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I need some help with a problem. I want to make it so I can only have 4 party members. I'd like to set it up so that the people not in my party are at the home base. Can anyone give me a hand.

This the wrong thread for that, go over there ask your question > http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/129-rpg-maker-mv/

Dear Yanfly, 

I need some help to achieve an effect with the plugin Selection Control.

I want an ability that can target row depending on which row the user is...

For now, what i have done is...

//<Row Only: 1, 2>

//<Custom Select Condition>

if (!target.isActor()) {

if (user.row() == 1) {

if (target.row() < 3) condition = true;

else {condition = false;

}

}

else {

if (target.row()== 1) condition = true;

else {condition = false;

}

}

} else {

condition = false;

}

//</Custom Select Condition>

And work. But the problem is when the monster first row is empty.

If the user is in the second row, no more target are valid. 

I use the tags //<Not Row Lock> and //<Defaault Row:x> for the enemy,

I'm doing it wrong? The plugin do not change the enemies row to fill the gaps?

Yanfly do not support any codes that she didn't wrote herself.

Better ask your question over there > http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/128-javascriptplugin-support/

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
found my error ^^.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a littel question for your  Base Parameter Control Plugin.

Well you can use costum Attributes in the formulars, well it works for fighting and Status menu.

But if you try to change a Weapon in Equip menu it writtes NaN (NaN) after its Equipt it writtes the working number.

my formular (base + plus) * paramRate * buffRate + flat + ((user.str) / 100)

str is a Costum Attribut for Strength in my game and i wanted to let it influenz Attack well that works but you see what happens than ^^. 

(i have 100 Strength seabel in status menü without that formualr my hero only hase 16 Attack without equip)

Hope you can tell me or help me who to fix it without removing costum Attributes.

By the Way an other Question I knwo that is no bug in  Equip Battle Skill.

But would it be possibile to place an option to decide your self  if you should remove all skill types and only show Skills, or show skill type 1, 2, 3 ,4, ..... in battle and not Skills.

Since i woudl like to use it for Equiping Passiv Skills but still using Active skills like normal.

Just asking since that would alow for a littel more flexibility

I'm sorry, but I don't support other plugins not working with my own plugins. You'll have to ask the creator of whoever made the plugin that enabled user.str.

As stated on the very first post of this thread:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Damage Over Time Stacking

Damage Over Time (DOT) can be done easily with RPG Maker MV itself. However, Damage Over Time Stacking is much harder to do. As a popular mechanic found in MMORPG's, it's no surprise that it'd find inspiration to be used in traditional RPG's either. This Tips & Tricks video will show to recreate this effect in RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/30/tips-tricks-damage-over-time-stacking-rpg-maker-mv/

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tips & Tricks - Damage Over Time Stacking

Damage Over Time (DOT) can be done easily with RPG Maker MV itself. However, Damage Over Time Stacking is much harder to do. As a popular mechanic found in MMORPG's, it's no surprise that it'd find inspiration to be used in traditional RPG's either. This Tips & Tricks video will show to recreate this effect in RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/30/tips-tricks-damage-over-time-stacking-rpg-maker-mv/

this is great..... hmm dont really want to mess with the code at all......but want a away for the damage to increase the longer it is on the target instead by how many times it was inflicted......

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
this is great..... hmm dont really want to mess with the code at all......but want a away for the damage to increase the longer it is on the target instead by how many times it was inflicted......

You should check out the Pokemon's Toxic effect done in earlier Tips & Tricks. :)

Punyapon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly!

For EquipSkillTiers, can we also have Plugin command to +/- tier for actors?  :unsure:

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly

I reported this bug a while ago and back then the console gave this back.

Now I got it again with this console log:

[IMG]http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160501/g4hc27mq.png[/IMG]

The enemy has at least 1 action in the default action box and 2 actions with AI Core. The conditions are Always and HP% param <= 80%.

It occurs so randomly that I can't find a pattern here...

Roderick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks again for your help in my other thread, Yanfly. A bit of a bug report/follow-up:

Using the Limited Skill Use plugin, I put the following code in one of my classes:

Code:
<Custom Skill Shiv Use Max>
value += (user.level / 3);
</Custom Skill Shiv Use Max>

I was expecting the ability to gain one use every three levels. Instead, it did this:

limiteduse.jpg

For now, I've simply added used Math.floor to truncate the unwanted bit.

An additional question, since I seem to be doing something wrong with one of your other plugins:

When using the Skill Core, <Hide in Battle> and <Hide in Field> are working as expected. However, <Hide if Learned Skill: x> is doing nothing. In the screenshot above, the Steal skill has the tag <Hide if Learned Skill: Mug>, and it isn't hidden. I've tried both the skill name and the skill number with no results, and I've tried using the tag on other skills, just in case the reason was because Mug is being granted by an item, but no matter what I do, <Hide if Learned Skill> just never hides anything.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly

I reported this bug a while ago and back then the console gave this back.

Now I got it again with this console log:

The enemy has at least 1 action in the default action box and 2 actions with AI Core. The conditions are Always and HP% param <= 80%.

It occurs so randomly that I can't find a pattern here...

I'm honestly at a loss as to why that would occur. What I can do is add a safety check for it, but I can't really offer much else insight on it unless I can see a 100% replicatable error. :/

---

Thanks again for your help in my other thread, Yanfly. A bit of a bug report/follow-up:

Using the Limited Skill Use plugin, I put the following code in one of my classes:

Code:
<Custom Skill Shiv Use Max>
value += (user.level / 3);
</Custom Skill Shiv Use Max>

I was expecting the ability to gain one use every three levels. Instead, it did this:

For now, I've simply added used Math.floor to truncate the unwanted bit.

An additional question, since I seem to be doing something wrong with one of your other plugins:

When using the Skill Core, <Hide in Battle> and <Hide in Field> are working as expected. However, <Hide if Learned Skill: x> is doing nothing. In the screenshot above, the Steal skill has the tag <Hide if Learned Skill: Mug>, and it isn't hidden. I've tried both the skill name and the skill number with no results, and I've tried using the tag on other skills, just in case the reason was because Mug is being granted by an item, but no matter what I do, <Hide if Learned Skill> just never hides anything.

You need to use Math.round(x / 3), Math.floor, or Math.ceil when working with floats.

For <Hide if Learned Skill: x>, I'm assuming you mean Mug is "granted" by having the item equipped and removed when the item is unequipped? If so, then the skill hasn't been considered learned. Learning a skill has to be a permanent addition to the actor in question.

Roderick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For <Hide if Learned Skill: x>, I'm assuming you mean Mug is "granted" by having the item equipped and removed when the item is unequipped? If so, then the skill hasn't been considered learned. Learning a skill has to be a permanent addition to the actor in question.

That's correct, but I can't get <Hide if Learned Skill> to function at all. In case it was working the way you said, I made the tag reference a skill learned by normal leveling, and it still won't hide. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

hideiflearned.jpg

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly

It's ok :) As I said, it occurs very randomly. I will try to find some kind of pattern and once I do I'll report back to you.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That's correct, but I can't get <Hide if Learned Skill> to function at all. In case it was working the way you said, I made the tag reference a skill learned by normal leveling, and it still won't hide. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

View attachment 37347

You'll need to insert the ID of the skill since this notetag doesn't support the name.

darkslasher21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
turkish
Primarily Uses
Please help me guys when i try to remove an actor from party, this error appears.

And i cannot start a game with lesser than 4 actors in party.

How can i solve this :(  .

Adsız.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

thanks to a lot of lunatic coding... my game finally has a stun mechanic that I feel really good about. damage enemy's mental psyche (mp), and once empty, hitting with certain attacks trigger combos that can stack the damage.
Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
Sword_of_Dusk wrote on BCj's profile.
Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
Candacis wrote on BCj's profile.
I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
MZ weather + title screen update is here! (Also includes MZ and MV RETRO demo project updates)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddyloll