Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Equip Core >> Equip Customize Command

Features and How to Use

Games that use the YEP_X_ItemUpgradeSlots, YEP_X_ItemDurability, and YEP_X_AttachAugment plugins may notice that it's not too intuitive to modify items from the item menu when they're equipped to the actors in the equip menu. This plugin will add a "Customize" option to the Equip menu that will function as a shortcut to the Item menu for quick customization access.

Plugin Download and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/01/yep-97-equip-customize-command-rpg-maker-mv/

Roderick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll need to insert the ID of the skill since this notetag doesn't support the name.

That worked!

I'd tried with the skill ID before, but it didn't work. That was when I was still basing it off the non-permanent skill.

What I'm trying to do is make a ring that upgrades Steal to Mug, like the Thief Ring in Final Fantasy 6. Any suggestions on how to go about it, since my current attempt doesn't work?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Yanfly,

I just installed the Equip Customize Command plugin, and it works fine as you have described, but now it removes all currently equipped items from the Weapons/Armors lists under Items, where it used to show the item name and who has it equipped. If this was intentional, is it possible to make this an option to turn on/off? I like to have those items still listed.

Thanks!

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
THis plugin i great and was needed!!! But i notice something wrong. Before, via item section, you cound easily see the durability of all items by simply looking in the right windows (item details). Now, via equip menu, you have to select each item one by one to verify durability. When durability get to 0, item get erase so it should be easy to verify durability without going into each caracter, opening each item one by one to look durability.

Maybe, adding the possibility to keep the observation via item section (like before this plugin)

Great work! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly

There appears to be a disconnect between your Equip Core and Equip Requirements plugins.

In Equip Core, you're able to seal an equipment slot so the player cannot remove what is equipped, however, with the Equipment Requirements plugin active as well, the "Remove" button shows up regardless of the equip type being set to "Non-Removable"

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That worked!

I'd tried with the skill ID before, but it didn't work. That was when I was still basing it off the non-permanent skill.

What I'm trying to do is make a ring that upgrades Steal to Mug, like the Thief Ring in Final Fantasy 6. Any suggestions on how to go about it, since my current attempt doesn't work?

You'll have to make use of the <Custom Show Eval> notetag for that.

---

THis plugin i great and was needed!!! But i notice something wrong. Before, via item section, you cound easily see the durability of all items by simply looking in the right windows (item details). Now, via equip menu, you have to select each item one by one to verify durability. When durability get to 0, item get erase so it should be easy to verify durability without going into each caracter, opening each item one by one to look durability.

Maybe, adding the possibility to keep the observation via item section (like before this plugin)

Great work! 

What do you mean select one by one? You can press left/right to change the data shown on the lower right window.

---

@Yanfly

There appears to be a disconnect between your Equip Core and Equip Requirements plugins.

In Equip Core, you're able to seal an equipment slot so the player cannot remove what is equipped, however, with the Equipment Requirements plugin active as well, the "Remove" button shows up regardless of the equip type being set to "Non-Removable"

Thanks for the catch, I'll get that fixed.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but with the Equip Customize Command, the command itself shows up properly in the Equip Menu and allows me to select the item that can be customized, however, none of the items that I've designated for customization shows up. It works fine in the original method of going to customization directly through the Item Menu, so I'm pretty sure its not due to incorrect notetags.

Also, for the Item Disassemble plugin, there seems to be a small window refresh bug where, if you disassembled an entire stack of items, after automatically exiting from the Disassemble Result window back into the Item Menu, the lower-right window (the place that you can toggle left/right to display stat compares, disassemble percentages, etc.) isn't refreshed and still contains the name of the item stack that I no longer have.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ Yanfly...  Equip Customize Command

To me the right window does not appear at all !!!  :headshake:

Valryia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings Yanfly, thank you for all the work so far. I would like to ask a question regarding two problems i have. This is not a request, i just want to ask if there is a way with your current plugins if i oversaw i way to do this. It is a continuation of an previous post i made:

I insert my points in spoiler tags for easier reading.

I hope i post this correctly, i figured this is the right place since i am only using your plugins (and i prefer to keep it that way to avoid cross interaction bugs).

Firstly, is there a way with the status core to make status effects not chance based? In short, that status defense reduces the effectiveness of status effects.

As for status effects, the problem is a little more complicated, but i think it's doable with yanflys status core and it's extensions, though not 100% (?). Basically, instead of having % chance for an status to hit, i would prefer if any status effect would be "staged".

Imagine the status bar of dark souls.

Example: The [PC / NPC] gets hit with an poisonous attack. The [PC / NPC] chance of getting hit with the status effect is 100% always. The [PC / NPC] loses 5% per turn, per stack. If the [PC / NPC] hits it's opponent again, it becomes 10%, etc. Another example: A [PC / NPC] hits an opposing [PC / NPC] with an sleeping attack, but the character doesn't sleep immediately - instead, he would become drowsy (maybe lose some stats). Only once the sleeping status would reach 50%, the character would become unable to act.

However, how would i implement an defense if the hit chance should always be 100% ? What i would like to implement in my game(s) is a sort of status defense to reduces the effectiveness, not the hit chance. For that to work, the status is reduced to smaller increments, for example one stack would equal one percent health lost.

Example: The [PC / NPC] has an defense of four against poison. When the [PC / NPC] gets hit with the before mentioned poison attack, its effective stack size of five is reduced by the defense of four to an effective value one. Which in turn means that the [PC / NPC] loses 1% of their health per turn.

"Why i don't you choose % defense", you ask. Well, i don't want players to have 100% defense on their [PC] and be done with it. An absolute number is better for deeper and more tactical fights. And if i wanted someone to be immune, i just could give them 500+ and be done with it. Take note that status attacks should be limitless, a poison attack of a green dragon could have 200, then the [PC / NPC] would need an defense of atleast 110 to not instantly die (instead of losing 90%)

As for curing the status effect , the [PC / NPC] cure the status by themselves with the same resistance.

Example: The [PC / NPC] currently is poisoned and loses 6% hp per round. With an status defense of two, they reduce the effect to 4% this round, then 2% the next round, etc. (Maybe let the game maker choose when the defense kicks in, before or after the damage is dealt?)

Having an different value (formula?) for curing and defending against statuses would be optional, but helpful.

Of course healing through other means would use this system too, a esuna spell could reduce an/all status(es) by 30, for example.

All of the above would count for buffs aswell. And implementing exceptions, for example an [PC / NPC] using an ability that makes them immune against magic which doesn't get weaker over time.

Secondly, is there a way to a make the dodge bar system i described in the above thread under point 2. DODGE BAR ?

But the greater problem lies for me in the hit and dodge chances. Mostly because i don't see a plugin dealing with my problem anywhere (maybe a workaraound?). Now, what i could do is just give everyone an 100% hitchance and be done with it.

However, what i would like to see is an evolution of the concept, not an negation.

What i imagined is the following:

- Dodging gets it's own "dodge" bar, seperate from the health bar

- the amount of the "dodge" bar depends on the character avoid, but could also be dependant on the characters equips aswell (heavier = less)

- When an opponent attacks the character, the "dodge bar" is reduced instead of health

- when it is reduced to 0, health is damaged instead

- the bar refills per turn, arcoding to the characters stamina or another stat (energy if it is a robot, etc.)

Now, i know that it sounds like. "But that is just like yanfly's energy shield plugin!"

That is where the differences comes in:

- every attack gets its own "hit" stat which is seperate from the damage stat

Example: wide range and fast macross missle massacre has more hit then the slow and narrow megaton punch

- the higher the "hit" stat, the more of the attack will go "through" the dodge, depending on the opponents "avoid"

Example: If the hit stat is higher then the avoid by, say 20 points, then part of the attack goes through (20%?), no matter how full the "dodge" bar is.

- alternatively, the difference in "hit" and "avoid" empties the "dodge" bar faster

Example: Same difference, 20 points, the dodge bar is emptied by the damage dealt + 20% of the dodge bar or damage.

There can be more tactical expansions, a generally slower character can guard, which causes him to use his "dodge" bar to reduce the damage instead of completly avoiding it.

That way, it isn't just another health (shield) bar on top of an health bar, but it's own system with it's own strategic implementations.

Of course you should have the ability to have all three, "dodge", shield and health.

I would prefer i wouldn't have to transform your Energy shield plugin, i would really like to have all three: Health, Shield, and Dodge.

Thank you for reading, i know that i created quite the textwall, but i hope that i gave you an idea for an future plugin idea/extension. I would be very happy if i could realise any of those things in my games or see them in other RPGMaker games.

Roderick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll have to make use of the <Custom Show Eval> notetag for that.

Perfect! Thanks yet again!

And thanks to @Shaz for a post in a different thread back in March that helped me find the data I needed for that Notetag.

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, to follow my previous point, is there or will there be a way to advise the player when a piece of equipement approach 0% durability? Something like an icon where the states icons are maybe?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but with the Equip Customize Command, the command itself shows up properly in the Equip Menu and allows me to select the item that can be customized, however, none of the items that I've designated for customization shows up. It works fine in the original method of going to customization directly through the Item Menu, so I'm pretty sure its not due to incorrect notetags.

Also, for the Item Disassemble plugin, there seems to be a small window refresh bug where, if you disassembled an entire stack of items, after automatically exiting from the Disassemble Result window back into the Item Menu, the lower-right window (the place that you can toggle left/right to display stat compares, disassemble percentages, etc.) isn't refreshed and still contains the name of the item stack that I no longer have.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

---

@ Yanfly...  Equip Customize Command

To me the right window does not appear at all !!!  :headshake:

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video:http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

---

Greetings Yanfly, thank you for all the work so far. I would like to ask a question regarding two problems i have. This is not a request, i just want to ask if there is a way with your current plugins if i oversaw i way to do this. It is a continuation of an previous post i made:

I insert my points in spoiler tags for easier reading.

I hope i post this correctly, i figured this is the right place since i am only using your plugins (and i prefer to keep it that way to avoid cross interaction bugs).

Firstly, is there a way with the status core to make status effects not chance based? In short, that status defense reduces the effectiveness of status effects.

As for status effects, the problem is a little more complicated, but i think it's doable with yanflys status core and it's extensions, though not 100% (?). Basically, instead of having % chance for an status to hit, i would prefer if any status effect would be "staged".

Imagine the status bar of dark souls.

Example: The [PC / NPC] gets hit with an poisonous attack. The [PC / NPC] chance of getting hit with the status effect is 100% always. The [PC / NPC] loses 5% per turn, per stack. If the [PC / NPC] hits it's opponent again, it becomes 10%, etc. Another example: A [PC / NPC] hits an opposing [PC / NPC] with an sleeping attack, but the character doesn't sleep immediately - instead, he would become drowsy (maybe lose some stats). Only once the sleeping status would reach 50%, the character would become unable to act.

However, how would i implement an defense if the hit chance should always be 100% ? What i would like to implement in my game(s) is a sort of status defense to reduces the effectiveness, not the hit chance. For that to work, the status is reduced to smaller increments, for example one stack would equal one percent health lost.

Example: The [PC / NPC] has an defense of four against poison. When the [PC / NPC] gets hit with the before mentioned poison attack, its effective stack size of five is reduced by the defense of four to an effective value one. Which in turn means that the [PC / NPC] loses 1% of their health per turn.

"Why i don't you choose % defense", you ask. Well, i don't want players to have 100% defense on their [PC] and be done with it. An absolute number is better for deeper and more tactical fights. And if i wanted someone to be immune, i just could give them 500+ and be done with it. Take note that status attacks should be limitless, a poison attack of a green dragon could have 200, then the [PC / NPC] would need an defense of atleast 110 to not instantly die (instead of losing 90%)

As for curing the status effect , the [PC / NPC] cure the status by themselves with the same resistance.

Example: The [PC / NPC] currently is poisoned and loses 6% hp per round. With an status defense of two, they reduce the effect to 4% this round, then 2% the next round, etc. (Maybe let the game maker choose when the defense kicks in, before or after the damage is dealt?)

Having an different value (formula?) for curing and defending against statuses would be optional, but helpful.

Of course healing through other means would use this system too, a esuna spell could reduce an/all status(es) by 30, for example.

All of the above would count for buffs aswell. And implementing exceptions, for example an [PC / NPC] using an ability that makes them immune against magic which doesn't get weaker over time.

Secondly, is there a way to a make the dodge bar system i described in the above thread under point 2. DODGE BAR ?

But the greater problem lies for me in the hit and dodge chances. Mostly because i don't see a plugin dealing with my problem anywhere (maybe a workaraound?). Now, what i could do is just give everyone an 100% hitchance and be done with it.

However, what i would like to see is an evolution of the concept, not an negation.

What i imagined is the following:

- Dodging gets it's own "dodge" bar, seperate from the health bar

- the amount of the "dodge" bar depends on the character avoid, but could also be dependant on the characters equips aswell (heavier = less)

- When an opponent attacks the character, the "dodge bar" is reduced instead of health

- when it is reduced to 0, health is damaged instead

- the bar refills per turn, arcoding to the characters stamina or another stat (energy if it is a robot, etc.)

Now, i know that it sounds like. "But that is just like yanfly's energy shield plugin!"

That is where the differences comes in:

- every attack gets its own "hit" stat which is seperate from the damage stat

Example: wide range and fast macross missle massacre has more hit then the slow and narrow megaton punch

- the higher the "hit" stat, the more of the attack will go "through" the dodge, depending on the opponents "avoid"

Example: If the hit stat is higher then the avoid by, say 20 points, then part of the attack goes through (20%?), no matter how full the "dodge" bar is.

- alternatively, the difference in "hit" and "avoid" empties the "dodge" bar faster

Example: Same difference, 20 points, the dodge bar is emptied by the damage dealt + 20% of the dodge bar or damage.

There can be more tactical expansions, a generally slower character can guard, which causes him to use his "dodge" bar to reduce the damage instead of completly avoiding it.

That way, it isn't just another health (shield) bar on top of an health bar, but it's own system with it's own strategic implementations.

Of course you should have the ability to have all three, "dodge", shield and health.

I would prefer i wouldn't have to transform your Energy shield plugin, i would really like to have all three: Health, Shield, and Dodge.

Thank you for reading, i know that i created quite the textwall, but i hope that i gave you an idea for an future plugin idea/extension. I would be very happy if i could realise any of those things in my games or see them in other RPGMaker games.

This isn't possible currently without thoroughly deep usage of Lunatic Mode. You may also need to have another separate plugin influence something like this as well.

---

Hi Yanfly, to follow my previous point, is there or will there be a way to advise the player when a piece of equipement approach 0% durability? Something like an icon where the states icons are maybe?

There isn't.

Valryia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for reading my textwall. I guess i will have to wait.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jz19ihbr0kk536/BugTest.rar?dl=0

Here's how to re-create the bugs:

Bug 1. Equip Custom Command

1. Run game, "New Game"

2. Turn arounnd and talk to the Actor1-2 NPC to get the items.

3. Go to "Menu" > "Equip" > "Customize" > "Copper Armor" > "Upgrade Copper Armor" > You'll see there's nothing here that can be used to upgrade. However...

4. Un-equip the Copper Armor, exit back to the Main Menu, go to "Item" > "Armor" > You'll see 2 armors, one was added to the inventory through the NPC, the other is the one you just un-equiped. Choosing to "Upgrade Copper Armor" on either one and you'll see that the list now shows 5 Upgrade Scrolls that was in your inventory all along. You can try to re-equip the Copper Armor, and go to "Customize" through the "Equip" Menu again, but it still doesn't show anything in the upgrade item list.

Bug 2. Item Disassemble

4. Continue from above. Go ahead and upgrade one of the Copper Armor with one of the Upgrade Scrolls.

5. From the Item Selection Menu > "Disassemble Copper Armor +1" > "Disassemble Tool" > Result window pop-up, showing you get Copper, close the pop-up > now your left-hand inventory should only have 2 items (the other Copper Armor, Cotton Cloth), however, if you look on the right side, the window is still showing the stats for Copper Armor +1. If you DON'T move your cursor and go straight into selecting whichever armor your cursor is highlighted on, you can proceed to upgrade the Cotton Cloth but the right-side window will never be updated until you exit back into the item list. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to post screenshots or send you anything else.

As always, thanks for these amazing plugins.

ExtremeSpree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 I really doubt what I am about to type is a bug or anything, but more of a request for help?

Plugin: YEP_X_ActSeqPack1, YEP_X_ActSeqPack2, and/or YEP_X_ActSeqPack3

I was wondering if there is a way to stop any other command from happening once a battle is over... it's kinda hard to explain...

So I have this here:

<setup action>

camera focus: user

zoom: 150%

motion chant: user

common event: 5

hide battle hud

animation 119: user

wait: 40

camera focus: targets

wait: 30

camera reset

zoom reset

move user: targets, front base

move user: targets, base

flash screen: white

animation 16: target

motion dead: user

animation 121: targets

wait: 120

camera focus: targets

zoom: 150%

animation 9: targets

wait: 10

animation 9: targets, mirror

wait: 60

animation 120: user

wait: 60

animation 8: targets

animation 8: targets, mirror

zoom reset

camera reset

move user: return

show battle hud

</setup action>

<finish action>

common event: 6

</finish action>

That is one of the skills I made and modified. Small info here, this is a finisher type of skill I'm making and it is targeted at all enemies, so most likely, the battle would be won after using this skill. I want to make it where once the battle has ended with this skill alone including the setup action, the "finish action" does not register. Do you understand ;-;? Basically, I want the "finish action" to only be activated if the 1st part of the skill does not win the battle.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok um i might of missed it in the help files.....was looking at them with a tired brain....and righting this with one aswell....

but here goes......with you augment and item upgrade plug ins....is there away to transfer what the player has done to a weapon to another weapon for cases like characters with unremovable gear and you want to suddenly change the gear midway through the game like upgrade to a better version?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Yanfly,

An issue arises with your 1.14 CoreEngine update on May 1st:

Everything is moving "fast". I have events that move twice as fast in walking speed, their frequency of autonomous movement increases, and emotion bubbles dont finish their loop because they get cut off too quick if looped with autonomous movement.

I had to revert back to 1.13 to solve the problem.

Crocandthemoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The YEP_X_EventChaseStealth plugin doesn't display any options in it even with the YEP_EventChasePlayer activated. I've tried downloading the latest version a few times to no avail :/

HeathRiley

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Item Core >> Item Disassemble

Thank you for this one! Goes so well with crafting and gathering. The extra step of disassembler tiers was a wonderful thought

and could add a huge amount of potential if approached right :) Looking forward to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It is a curse getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trollolol