Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi,

I hope some one can help me.

Because I have a quite big screen resolution ( 1366x768) the enemies and my actors are very far apart in battle. I want to make them closer together, but I dont know how I can do that!

I am using both the battle engine and row formation and both have options to change the actors x-position. 

I tried to alter both but I didnt saw any difference.

Can someone explain how to do this  :(  ? 

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iliketea

Just move the enemies in the Troop Tab closer to the actors.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Luxanna

But then it looks like this:

JtSpKoI.png

But I want to move the actors more to the middle too, because it doesnt look good like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iliketea

In the Row Formation Plugin change the "Maximum Row X" parameter.

Try more significant changes. Small alterations may result in no visible change.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ Yanfly...  Equip Customize Command

To me the right window does not appear at all !!!  :headshake:

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video:http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

I understand ... even give up this your plugin ....

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jz19ihbr0kk536/BugTest.rar?dl=0

Here's how to re-create the bugs:

Bug 1. Equip Custom Command

1. Run game, "New Game"

2. Turn arounnd and talk to the Actor1-2 NPC to get the items.

3. Go to "Menu" > "Equip" > "Customize" > "Copper Armor" > "Upgrade Copper Armor" > You'll see there's nothing here that can be used to upgrade. However...

4. Un-equip the Copper Armor, exit back to the Main Menu, go to "Item" > "Armor" > You'll see 2 armors, one was added to the inventory through the NPC, the other is the one you just un-equiped. Choosing to "Upgrade Copper Armor" on either one and you'll see that the list now shows 5 Upgrade Scrolls that was in your inventory all along. You can try to re-equip the Copper Armor, and go to "Customize" through the "Equip" Menu again, but it still doesn't show anything in the upgrade item list.

Bug 2. Item Disassemble

4. Continue from above. Go ahead and upgrade one of the Copper Armor with one of the Upgrade Scrolls.

5. From the Item Selection Menu > "Disassemble Copper Armor +1" > "Disassemble Tool" > Result window pop-up, showing you get Copper, close the pop-up > now your left-hand inventory should only have 2 items (the other Copper Armor, Cotton Cloth), however, if you look on the right side, the window is still showing the stats for Copper Armor +1. If you DON'T move your cursor and go straight into selecting whichever armor your cursor is highlighted on, you can proceed to upgrade the Cotton Cloth but the right-side window will never be updated until you exit back into the item list. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to post screenshots or send you anything else.

As always, thanks for these amazing plugins.

Thanks, I'll get these taken a look at! :)

---

I really doubt what I am about to type is a bug or anything, but more of a request for help?

Plugin: YEP_X_ActSeqPack1, YEP_X_ActSeqPack2, and/or YEP_X_ActSeqPack3

I was wondering if there is a way to stop any other command from happening once a battle is over... it's kinda hard to explain...

So I have this here:

<setup action>

camera focus: user

zoom: 150%

motion chant: user

common event: 5

hide battle hud

animation 119: user

wait: 40

camera focus: targets

wait: 30

camera reset

zoom reset

move user: targets, front base

move user: targets, base

flash screen: white

animation 16: target

motion dead: user

animation 121: targets

wait: 120

camera focus: targets

zoom: 150%

animation 9: targets

wait: 10

animation 9: targets, mirror

wait: 60

animation 120: user

wait: 60

animation 8: targets

animation 8: targets, mirror

zoom reset

camera reset

move user: return

show battle hud

</setup action>

<finish action>

common event: 6

</finish action>

That is one of the skills I made and modified. Small info here, this is a finisher type of skill I'm making and it is targeted at all enemies, so most likely, the battle would be won after using this skill. I want to make it where once the battle has ended with this skill alone including the setup action, the "finish action" does not register. Do you understand ;-;? Basically, I want the "finish action" to only be activated if the 1st part of the skill does not win the battle.

I will have to suggest you visit the Action Sequence Help thread:

---

ok um i might of missed it in the help files.....was looking at them with a tired brain....and righting this with one aswell....

but here goes......with you augment and item upgrade plug ins....is there away to transfer what the player has done to a weapon to another weapon for cases like characters with unremovable gear and you want to suddenly change the gear midway through the game like upgrade to a better version?

There isn't.

---

Hey Yanfly,

An issue arises with your 1.14 CoreEngine update on May 1st:

Everything is moving "fast". I have events that move twice as fast in walking speed, their frequency of autonomous movement increases, and emotion bubbles dont finish their loop because they get cut off too quick if looped with autonomous movement.

I had to revert back to 1.13 to solve the problem.

Strange, everything is working properly on my end.

EDIT: Oh, huh, seems like the Dropbox version didn't get the updated version 1.14. :/ My bad, I'll get it reuploaded.

---

The YEP_X_EventChaseStealth plugin doesn't display any options in it even with the YEP_EventChasePlayer activated. I've tried downloading the latest version a few times to no avail :/

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video:http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Iliketea

In the Row Formation Plugin change the "Maximum Row X" parameter.

Try more significant changes. Small alterations may result in no visible change.

Thanks, I always edited the wrong parameter. 

It looks better now ^^

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Common event menu! Hell yeah. 

Since you're not taking any polls, I think it's wise you're going more for utility plugins since most users will go for battle-related plugins. Also, maybe consider tutorials that don't have to do with battle? Just suggestions, not requests.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Error when I don't use notetag in skills of the Plugin "Selection Control"

Untitled-1.jpg

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
EDIT: God I hate this quote system:

@ShidoLionheart

In the event I won't be able to reproduce your error, I'd like to ask you to do the following:

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe I may have found a bug in attach augments.  Previously I found a way to add an augment to an item via JS, but I cannot remove an augment from an item via JS.  I used the ItemManager.removeAugmentFromItem($gameActor.actor(1).equips()[2],0), and it processed, even removing the effect of the augment, but the augment itself remained on the actor's item.  When I manually removed the augment after that, it appeared in the inventory just fine.  Also, detaching the augment manually from the inventory menu works fine.  Is it a bug or am I skipping a function?  I've scanned through all the functions multiple times and can't figure out which one it might be.

Also, I have YEP_SaveEventLocations active and have placed the <Save Event Locations> notetag in my map.  The events still appear in their initial locations upon reentering the map.  I have the plugin last on my list of YEP plugins and it is updated.  I have also placed an individual <Save Event Location> in both the tiny event notetag box, and in a comment within the event.  The event still defaults back to its initial state when I leave the room and come back.  I can give you access to my dropbox with a saved 7z of the current project.

Thank you

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe I may have found a bug in attach augments.  Previously I found a way to add an augment to an item via JS, but I cannot remove an augment from an item via JS.  I used the ItemManager.removeAugmentFromItem($gameActor.actor(1).equips()[2],0), and it processed, even removing the effect of the augment, but the augment itself remained on the actor's item.  When I manually removed the augment after that, it appeared in the inventory just fine.  Also, detaching the augment manually from the inventory menu works fine.  Is it a bug or am I skipping a function?  I've scanned through all the functions multiple times and can't figure out which one it might be.

Also, I have YEP_SaveEventLocations active and have placed the <Save Event Locations> notetag in my map.  The events still appear in their initial locations upon reentering the map.  I have the plugin last on my list of YEP plugins and it is updated.  I have also placed an individual <Save Event Location> in both the tiny event notetag box, and in a comment within the event.  The event still defaults back to its initial state when I leave the room and come back.  I can give you access to my dropbox with a saved 7z of the current project.

Thank you

You're still skipping steps. Adding and removal of augments to items must go through the same process.

Also, effective this post, a new rule is implemented as per Note3:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.

Also, as per Save Event Locations:

2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Common Event Menu sounds fun! Would be a good way to keep track of all of them in-game too.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
There is an error in the documentation of the new addition to the Buff&States Core: the notetag to change the text color of a state counter must be

Code:
<Counter Text Color: x> instead of [S]<Counter Buffer Text Color: x>[/S].

Mortels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly.

When I used customize of EquipCustomize at this page and click cancel for back to exit customize,

The game will be error like this...

Ps. My game have only your plugins and They are latest version now. Thank you.

View attachment 37427

View attachment 37428

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
There is an error in the documentation of the new addition to the Buff&States Core: the notetag to change the text color of a state counter must be

<Counter Text Color: x> instead of <Counter Buffer Text Color: x>.

Thanks! I'll get that fixed.

---

Hello Yanfly.

When I used customize of EquipCustomize at this page and click cancel for back to exit customize,

The game will be error like this...

Ps. My game have only your plugins and They are latest version now. Thank you.

View attachment 37427

View attachment 37428

7. Recreate the error.

Thanks for helping!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
FINALLY got the text boxes in battle thing with your Extended Message Pack 1 working! *sighs in relief*

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,
This is my first time reporting a bug problem, so hope I can do it right....

Bug is with the
" Item Core Plugin "

I'm trying to make the Resident Evil Inventory system...
with the Equipment screen in my game. ^^;
and so I'm making it where every item has to be a "armor type" and the knife is the only "weapon type"
and so I made a Green Herd... and have it unequip when you use the Green Herb skill which you got when you equipped the Green Herb, so it'll be like a Item you consume.

but every time you use the Green Herb skill it consumes the "Weapon type" first and then after that it will only consume the Green Herb and nothing else as it should be doing from the start.
I only have 2 plugins and that is
"YEP_ItemCore"
"YEP_EquipCore"

Why I think it's a bug in the Item Core plugin is
cause if I turn it "OFF" and leave the Equip Core "ON"
it works great and don't consume the Weapon, only the Green Herb
but if I leave the Item Core "ON"  turn the Equip Core "ON and/or OFF"
it will still consumes the Weapon first...

I don't have any notetags made for anything and have not mess with any of the plugin settings
and both plugins are fully up to date.

if you like a MORE understanding of the problem
I did make topic about it and many nice people have been helping me with it.
it's a bit of a read, sorry. :(

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you know if using Region Common Events can allow for random encounters on that same region? I can't seem to have a battle on a region with a common event assigned to it.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first time reporting a bug problem, so hope I can do it right....

Bug is with the
" Item Core Plugin "

I'm trying to make the Resident Evil Inventory system...
with the Equipment screen in my game. ^^;
and so I'm making it where every item has to be a "armor type" and the knife is the only "weapon type"
and so I made a Green Herd... and have it unequip when you use the Green Herb skill which you got when you equipped the Green Herb, so it'll be like a Item you consume.

but every time you use the Green Herb skill it consumes the "Weapon type" first and then after that it will only consume the Green Herb and nothing else as it should be doing from the start.
I only have 2 plugins and that is
"YEP_ItemCore"
"YEP_EquipCore"

Why I think it's a bug in the Item Core plugin is
cause if I turn it "OFF" and leave the Equip Core "ON"
it works great and don't consume the Weapon, only the Green Herb
but if I leave the Item Core "ON"  turn the Equip Core "ON and/or OFF"
it will still consumes the Weapon first...

I don't have any notetags made for anything and have not mess with any of the plugin settings
and both plugins are fully up to date.

if you like a MORE understanding of the problem
I did make topic about it and many nice people have been helping me with it.
it's a bit of a read, sorry. :(

I'm sorry but I'm not going to read through the whole thread for that.

To my understanding, you're trying to use the equip core for something it's not supposed to do. The original purpose of the plugin is fulfilled. I cannot account for it not working the way you intend to use it as a work around for an entirely different mechanic.

---

Do you know if using Region Common Events can allow for random encounters on that same region? I can't seem to have a battle on a region with a common event assigned to it.

From the plugin page itself:

WARNING: Keep in mind that if you apply this in areas with step encounters, it will not cause the encounter countdown value to go down. This is how RPG Maker MV handles it. The same way if you were to lay out your map with touch-events that trigger common events, the encounter countdown value would not go down either. To get around this, within the common event used, place a script call with $gamePlayer.updateEncounterCount().

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slashqian