Not open for further replies.

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sorry but I'm not going to read through the whole thread for that.

To my understanding, you're trying to use the equip core for something it's not supposed to do. The original purpose of the plugin is fulfilled. I cannot account for it not working the way you intend to use it as a work around for an entirely different mechanic.

That's okay... I already assumed you wouldn't
but I thought I post a link to it anyway.

umm, ya, the equip core is working perfect and everything I hoped it do. <3
it's the Item Core plugin that's the problem... But what's really odd... is if I make another "Armor type" like a Ring...
and have it to be a usable consumable like the green herb... I mean word for word the only thing different is it's another Armor type.
it work flawless and won't consume the weapon....

I don't see how it's changing mechanics... When all it is you get a Skill from a Armor from a (common event) and if you use the the Skill it unequips the Armor and the Skill/Armor disappears

it's just the Item Core plugin is stopping it from working by making the Weapon disappear first before the Armor. :/

is why I thought it's a bug or something. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That's okay... I already assumed you wouldn't
but I thought I post a link to it anyway.

umm, ya, the equip core is working perfect and everything I hoped it do. <3
it's the Item Core plugin that's the problem... But what's really odd... is if I make another "Armor type" like a Ring...
and have it to be a usable consumable like the green herb... I mean word for word the only thing different is it's another Armor type.
it work flawless and won't consume the weapon....

I don't see how it's changing mechanics... When all it is you get a Skill from a Armor from a (common event) and if you use the the Skill it unequips the Armor and the Skill/Armor disappears

it's just the Item Core plugin is stopping it from working by making the Weapon disappear first before the Armor. :/

I just ran an event to unequip my accessory slot that I have multiples of. It didn't unequip the weapon. Everything's working as intended on my end. If you TRULY feel this is a bug, follow all of these steps:

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/7. Recreate the error.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Mind you, I will not be looking for an equip-item common event system. All I want to see is an NPC that is meant to unequip a piece of armor and the error showing that it unequips the weapon instead.

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly
I did everything you said to do and it still did the error
I will upload the project to you but I don't know where... can you point me to somewhere you would like it to be downloaded from?

Here is images of it doing it again in a brand new project and the one I'll send you.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
WARNING: Keep in mind that if you apply this in areas with step encounters, it will not cause the encounter countdown value to go down. This is how RPG Maker MV handles it. The same way if you were to lay out your map with touch-events that trigger common events, the encounter countdown value would not go down either. To get around this, within the common event used, place a script call with $gamePlayer.updateEncounterCount().

Sorry I missed that. 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly
I did everything you said to do and it still did the error
I will upload the project to you but I don't know where... can you point me to somewhere you would like it to be downloaded from?

Here is images of it doing it again in a brand new project and the one I'll send you.

View attachment 37485

View attachment 37486

View attachment 37487

View attachment 37488

I thought I mentioned it in the instructions:

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/7. Recreate the error.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly
-_-... really...
All you just say is "upload the project online"... WHERE do you want me to upload it
the "online" is a pretty big place.

I don't go around clicking on random sites to upload or download stuff.
All you told me is where to NOT go.... I'm fallowing your instructions... it's not my fault... :/

I'm sorry... I'm not trying to bother you... I'm sure you got better things to do with your time.
I just want get this problem I'm having solved for the both of us.

formiko

Warper
Reaction score
Hello Yanfly, 

I am having an issue with your CTB plugin, I believe it may be a bug.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysCTB 

Error Message: No error message or error log 

Enter battle with exactly two enemies. Defeat the enemy who would take action before all other enemies, and do so before that enemy takes an action for the first time that battle. Once the second enemy would take its turn, the enemy does not. The game enters an unresponsive state, waiting for the enemy to act.

Also note, the enemies are using the default Action Patterns with the only skill ‘Attack’ set to 5, as default. They are not using YEP_BattleAICore.

Any help would be appreciated.

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@HeroicJay
but said DO NOT DEPLOY IT to those sites or sites with timers? o_O
or am I misunderstand his words??

@Yanfly
... :(
Well sorry I didn't mean to cause you problems... Night then.
now what am I going to do...

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@N-Game Arts deployment (or deploy) is a function in rpg maker mv, he just tells you to pack up your project as is and not to use that option. Then upload it to any of those sites.

N-Game Arts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Archeia
oh, I didn't know that... I'm sorry.
I thought... he didn't want me or us deploy any of our projects to any those sites
cause he didn't like them or had future problems with them when downloading.

I've never used any of these the upload files sites before...
so had no clue or idea of the subject. :( ... sorry...

I'll do it right tomorrow morning.

sorry everyone again... I'm trying my best to learn this stuff... it's all very new to me.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry everyone again... I'm trying my best to learn this stuff... it's all very new to me.

Don't worry about it - we're all figuring this stuff out bit by bit.

Mortels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly.

When I change actor class, I can't equip any weapons or armors, Although I set that class can equip.

This is first class (Empty Name of class) can equip Huntsman Axe normally.

[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/02/14/58/error110.jpg[/IMG]

This is notetag of Huntsman Axe.

[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/02/14/58/error310.png[/IMG]

This is my class. (Now, my character is First class, empty name.)

[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/02/14/58/error410.png[/IMG]

This is traits of all class.

[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/02/14/58/error510.png[/IMG]

And then, When I change class to other class (Ex. Huntsman) I can't equip any weapons or armors.

[IMG]http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/02/14/58/error210.jpg[/IMG]

Although I delete other plugins and use your plugins only for check problem, The problem be still.

Edit::---

and this i s the previous issues...

Hello Yanfly.

When I used customize of EquipCustomize at this page and click cancel for back to exit customize,

The game will be error like this...

Ps. My game have only your plugins and They are latest version now. Thank you.

error0.png

error.png

I upload my game file for your test here...

( I have add other plugins in this file because I verified that it was not related to this issue.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92dngLH7ro3UVF4WGk5YkNmS1k

I sincerely hope that you can help solve the two problems did I have with the above.

Help me please.

Sorry for my bad English. Thank you.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Yanfly.

When I change actor class, I can't equip any weapons or armors, Although I set that class can equip.

This is first class (Empty Name of class) can equip Huntsman Axe normally.

error110.jpg

This is notetag of Huntsman Axe.

error310.png

This is my class. (Now, my character is First class, empty name.)

error410.png

This is traits of all class.

error510.png

And then, When I change class to other class (Ex. Huntsman) I can't equip any weapons or armors.

error210.jpg

Although I delete other plugins and use your plugins only for check problem, The problem be still.

Edit::---

and this i s the previous issues...

( I have add other plugins in this file because I verified that it was not related to this issue.)

I sincerely hope that you can help solve the two problems did I have with the above.

Help me please.

i do believe the class still has to have the ability to equip the weapon/armor type to weild it, just the weapon is reserved for those 3 specific classes

Mortels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i do believe the class still has to have the ability to equip the weapon/armor type to weild it, just the weapon is reserved for those 3 specific classes

But this weapon (Huntsman Axe) is "Axe" Type and all class can used "Axe" class like first class which can use.

Or do you mean that it does not support changing the class?

Ps. Sorry if I misunderstood what you said.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

Help me please.

Redo this. I opened it up and saw a copy/pasted version of your database over, which I specifically instructed not to do. I want only a new empty project; this means if I don't see Harold, Therese, Marsha, or Lucius. I see plugins from other plugin libraries, etc. I specifically gave out a set of instructions for you to follow. If you can't be bothered follow those instructions, I can't be bothered to fix your problem. Just throwing your game project at me with your maps deleted does not count as an empty project.

Mortels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Redo this. I opened it up and saw a copy/pasted version of your database over, which I specifically instructed not to do. I want only a new empty project; this means if I don't see Harold, Therese, Marsha, or Lucius. I see plugins from other plugin libraries, etc. I specifically gave out a set of instructions for you to follow. If you can't be bothered follow those instructions, I can't be bothered to fix your problem. Just throwing your game project at me with your maps deleted does not count as an empty project.

Ok sorry I am doing it again from your rule.

Have I must to create item and set notetag like above for your test? 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok sorry I am doing it again from your rule.

Have I must to create item and set notetag like above for your test? 

I didn't even look. I opened up your plugin list, database, and saw that you haven't followed instructions a single bit and deleted the project.

Mortels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I didn't even look. I opened up your plugin list, database, and saw that you haven't followed instructions a single bit and deleted the project.

I means about new file for send to you. but now I'm get it. sorry again

Sorry Yanfly.

I'm doing again on your rule. please check it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92dngLH7ro3emdkRzdOcmF2RW8

Talk with upper NPC for take Rifle and used it and try to change class from bottom NPC and used it again.

If you customize on Equip screen with "Rifle" before change class, After cancel customize for back to main menu the game will be error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanoql