kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly Sorry for bothering you in wrong ways.
Seems that the issue was with one of my Data files :/

But i'll keep looking for the Item Core issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

Quite a few. That said, I'm starting to question the necessity of the plugin polls anymore. The entire purpose of them was to allow users to pick and choose which plugins they wanted to see made first when RPG Maker MV is still new and there weren't that many plugins. Now that I've made over 100, and several other plugin libraries have grown considerably, I may deem it's possibly unnecessary even.

---

I've said this on your profile page, but are you considering making MV versions of Active Chain Skills and Input Combo Skills from Yanfly Engine Ace soon?

Perhaps. Changing those into plugins will be considerably more work due to the nature of the Battle Engine Core's action sequences.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
YEP.103 - Animated Tile Option

Features and How to Use

Some players may experience lag when walking near animated tiles. This is due to the fact that animated tiles constantly draw, delete, and redraw the tiles every few frames. Unfortunately, due to Pixi2's drawing method, there exists some memory leaks when this kind of drawing occurs. On mobile devices or weak computers with little memory to spare, this can potentially cause some games to crash. The option to enable/disable animated tiles is now in the options menu for players to toggle.

You can grab the plugin here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/22/yep-103-animated-tile-option-rpg-maker-mv/

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey there yanfly, thank you for all these amazing plugins, i havent been on here in a while, and it seems like you just keep pumping out the plugins.

all great.

I went back on you website and was looking back at some of you tips and tricks videos and i found one that i could use some help with, since im not that great at this coding stuff.

The second chance from kingdom hearts, it works just like it should, but i made an accessory have the passive state on in, which works, but its always on, even after the character dies, and comes back, is there a way to make the accessory "break" (lose the accessory) once the it is used?

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Perhaps. Changing those into plugins will be considerably more work due to the nature of the Battle Engine Core's action sequences.

There was too much fun to be had with those especially the combos one because I love button mashing, but I may be the only one who does.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there yanfly, thank you for all these amazing plugins, i havent been on here in a while, and it seems like you just keep pumping out the plugins.

all great.

I went back on you website and was looking back at some of you tips and tricks videos and i found one that i could use some help with, since im not that great at this coding stuff.

The second chance from kingdom hearts, it works just like it should, but i made an accessory have the passive state on in, which works, but its always on, even after the character dies, and comes back, is there a way to make the accessory "break" (lose the accessory) once the it is used?

Check out Tips and Tricks 16 - Phoenix Ring, it should have the answer you're looking for.

nerochepiace

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
I have a question about  Battle System - CTB  plugin.

Someone can tell me how I can execute some battle event at the end of any battler (actor / enemy) turn?

For what I see, the turn meaning in the battle event is the end of ALL battler turn... one turn for all battler.

Any help?

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, 

I was wondering if the Row Formation can be referenced within the Action Sequence? 

I have an Actor that wields a Gunblade; so I want to reference it within the Action Sequence that: if Row is 1, he defaults to move to target and perform swing attack, but if he is in Row 2 or 3, he will change the sequence into shooting mode (different motion). Both sequence should exists within one skill, btw, so it would be nice to reference it within the action sequence (instead of changing his skills everytime he switches row).

Also, I'm wondering if you would consider adding some feature to the Attachable Augments plugin. I was wondering if you can make the Attachments to be broken/destroyed/removed from inventory if it was detached from an equipment? 

Thank you in advance :D

azulene

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly,

I'm trying to use your ItemGenerator tool, but it's taking too long to load the resources. My questions are;  Is it my computer? I have a Windows 10, 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, VAIO. Maybe my computer is too slow to run the .exe. If not, what am I doing wrong? I already changed the compatibility to Windows 7, the program started but the resources are taking to long to load, about 15 min on Background Circles, is that normal? 

Please instruct me 

Thank you

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question about  Battle System - CTB  plugin.

Someone can tell me how I can execute some battle event at the end of any battler (actor / enemy) turn?

For what I see, the turn meaning in the battle event is the end of ALL battler turn... one turn for all battler.

Any help?

I don't know much about CTB yet, but it looks to me like you would need to make a plugin based on the BattleSystemCTB to be able to affect that right now, maybe Yanfly will implement a way to easily drop a command in after each turn some time in the future?

Hi Yanfly, 

I was wondering if the Row Formation can be referenced within the Action Sequence? 

I have an Actor that wields a Gunblade; so I want to reference it within the Action Sequence that: if Row is 1, he defaults to move to target and perform swing attack, but if he is in Row 2 or 3, he will change the sequence into shooting mode (different motion). Both sequence should exists within one skill, btw, so it would be nice to reference it within the action sequence (instead of changing his skills everytime he switches row).

battler.row()

This will return the row the battler is currently resided in.

Also, this forum has a ton of Action Sequence examples you can reverse-engineer.  On page 1, Yanfly provides an example of an Action Sequence that changes the attack animation based on the user's attack type (melee or ranged).  It uses the same damage formula though.  If that one doesn't have enough information, there's gotta be something in the 24 pages, or one of the Tips and Tricks.  Hope this points you in the right direction.

@Yanfly If you don't want my trying to field a few of these on here for fear of it inviting more questions, let me know and I'll stop.

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for my "english" I am not native speaker

Plugin Name: YEP_X_TickBasedRegen 

Bug Explanation: In CTB system, this plugin collide with few more plugins modifying states.  For example with YEP_AutoPassiveStates or YEP_RowFormation states  (added as  plugin parameters for each row). 

Bug happens IF you ADD Actor during battle (for example as Summon Skill or as add in troops table - Battle Event)

Error Report: 

(/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_X_TickBasedRegen.js:139)
    at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.updateTick (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3625)
    at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.updateTick (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:1671)
    at Game_Party.Game_Unit.updateTick (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3942)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateBattlerCTB (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:976)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateCTBPhase (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:896)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:858)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2051)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2043)
    at Scene_Battle.update (/E:/XEEN/BUGPROJECT/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3963)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:  Plugins required: Yep_CoreEngine, Yep_BattleEngineCore, Yep_X_BattleSysCTB, Yep_BuffsStatesCore, YepY_Tick_Based_Regen, YepAutoPassiveStates.

Create class and actor with AutoPassive State <Passive State: 11>

Create State ID 11 -  it could do nothing or anything, does not matter. 

Create skill or Battle event with Change Party Member - Add Actor (one with passive skill). You will receive ERROR "Cannot Read Property "11" of Undefined" - where 11 is ID number of passive state of summoned actor. 

Sample Project (REQUIRED): BugProject uploaded (I hope just  JS and Data folder is enough without IMG/Audio)

View attachment BUGPROJECT.zip

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
battler.row()

This will return the row the battler is currently resided in.

Also, this forum has a ton of Action Sequence examples you can reverse-engineer.  On page 1, Yanfly provides an example of an Action Sequence that changes the attack animation based on the user's attack type (melee or ranged).  It uses the same damage formula though.  If that one doesn't have enough information, there's gotta be something in the 24 pages, or one of the Tips and Tricks.  Hope this points you in the right direction.

I'll give this a shot, thanks~

skeezixs1

Skeezixs1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this is the right place or not. But I am having issues with the Yanfly icon generator. It was working fine until today. It either just sits at a white screen with the app title in the top left and does nothing, or it will eventually start to load but loads insanely slow, at 58 minutes and just now loading resources\earth (RMMV). I have updated all the software I can think of. Uninstalled the Windows 10 update i did Friday. Deleted the app and re-downloaded it. Downloaded it from each of the links you provide. I tried to search for other options online but do not see anyone else with this issue =/

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is the right place or not. But I am having issues with the Yanfly icon generator. It was working fine until today. It either just sits at a white screen with the app title in the top left and does nothing, or it will eventually start to load but loads insanely slow, at 58 minutes and just now loading resources\earth (RMMV). I have updated all the software I can think of. Uninstalled the Windows 10 update i did Friday. Deleted the app and re-downloaded it. Downloaded it from each of the links you provide. I tried to search for other options online but do not see anyone else with this issue =/

The app is packaged as a single exe, but it is actually an archive file. Your antivirus program might be interfering with it, possibly after an automatic update. Add it to the exceptions list, or try putting it in a different folder or hard drive if possible.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js

Bug Explanation: I started a battle and I get this...  That's all the explanation I can give.  I know this didn't happen until I updated the plugins in the most recent update [5-23-2016]..  It happened in my project and I tried a new project with just the plugins listed below [Project file provided] and it happened there as well.  I got the plugins from your dropbox link just a couple of hours ago so I know their all up to date.

Error Report: 
5_23_2016_error.png

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:  Plugins required: Yep_CoreEngine, Yep_BattleEngineCore, Yep_X_BattleSysCTB, Yep_X_ActSeqPack1-3

Just start a battle...  that's it

Sample Project (REQUIRED):

https://mega.nz/#!mJRzmSaD

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There was too much fun to be had with those especially the combos one because I love button mashing, but I may be the only one who does.

I feel so guilty replying to myself, but well, not everything from Yanfly Engine Ace has been converted to MV yet, like Doppelganger and Enemy Death Transformation.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name:  YEP_TargetCore, YEP_BattleSelectCursor and YEP_BattleEngineCore

Bug Explanation: Actions who target each battler don't select allies, only foes.

Error Report: None.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Give a <Target: Everybody> notetag to any skill or item.

Try to use it, you will see crystals only above the enemies, but none above your party.

Sample Project : http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4ib54etd71pzuv/Debug.zip

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name:  YEP_TargetCore, YEP_BattleSelectCursor and YEP_BattleEngineCore

Bug Explanation: Actions who target each battler don't select allies, only foes.

Error Report: None.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Give a <Target: Everybody> notetag to any skill or item.

Try to use it, you will see crystals only above the enemies, but none above your party.

Sample Project : http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4ib54etd71pzuv/Debug.zip

I've noticed this happens to me as well...  but it's only occasionally and I can usually get it to correct itself if I restart the game.  It also cause the selection to lock on one target and not let the cursor move at all sometimes...  I have no idea why or how it happens, it's been pretty random, I do know it annoying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymateds