Not open for further replies.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Resubmitting as per your orders. Let me know if I missed anything.

-------------------------------------------------

Having an issue with the YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin. I'm getting an error message anytime Magic Reflection activates. I've disabled all other plugins, and still seem to be getting the error. I am running the latest version, 1.35b, as well.

Plugin Name: YEP_BattleEngineCore - For the purpose of analysis, I have included only this plugin. In my original project, I have also reordered all plugins in the order on yanfly.moe.

Bug Explanation: As soon as Magic reflects, reflect and damage sounds are played, and then bug occurs immediately, reading "Cannot read property 'position' of null". This bug occurs even after disabling all other plugins. The error occurs anytime magic is reflected, whether the spell is single- or multi-target.

Error Report: This Error Report has been copied from the text in the Sample prohject, but matches the one in my actual project once all other plugins are disabled, as well.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'position' of null
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.setupAnimation (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:578:30)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.updateAnimation (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:542:10)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:494:14)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2470:38)
    at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:736:37)
    at file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_core.js:3300:19
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_core.js:3298:19)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Enemy casts magic on target that possess Magic Reflection, and Reflection activatesIn the sample project, I have given all classes base 100% Magic Reflection, and the only enemy's only skill is a magic attack that hits all.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1J4eEW0VOhYZEtRZk04MHZQbE0 (Filesize is 40 MB, optimized for single Troop using only Battle Test.)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Resubmitting as per your orders. Let me know if I missed anything.

-------------------------------------------------

Having an issue with the YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin. I'm getting an error message anytime Magic Reflection activates. I've disabled all other plugins, and still seem to be getting the error. I am running the latest version, 1.35b, as well.

Plugin Name: YEP_BattleEngineCore - For the purpose of analysis, I have included only this plugin. In my original project, I have also reordered all plugins in the order on yanfly.moe.

Bug Explanation: As soon as Magic reflects, reflect and damage sounds are played, and then bug occurs immediately, reading "Cannot read property 'position' of null". This bug occurs even after disabling all other plugins. The error occurs anytime magic is reflected, whether the spell is single- or multi-target.

Error Report: This Error Report has been copied from the text in the Sample prohject, but matches the one in my actual project once all other plugins are disabled, as well.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'position' of null
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.setupAnimation (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:578:30)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.updateAnimation (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:542:10)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:494:14)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2470:38)
    at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_sprites.js:736:37)
    at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Sample/js/rpg_core.js:3298:19)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Enemy casts magic on target that possess Magic Reflection, and Reflection activatesIn the sample project, I have given all classes base 100% Magic Reflection, and the only enemy's only skill is a magic attack that hits all.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1J4eEW0VOhYZEtRZk04MHZQbE0 (Filesize is 40 MB, optimized for single Troop using only Battle Test.)

Thanks. I'll take a look at it after work.

derekwst3

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly I am trying to use your YEP_PartySystem and use a common event that changes the max party members to 5 (normally 4), then summon a extra character, I'm using a common event that activates when I activate a skill
*Plugin Command : ChangePartyMax 5
*Change Party Member : Add joe
This isn't working, but I assume  If you might have a suggestion?

I know I will need a second event to cancel the first but I think I might be able to figure that out more

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Yanfly I am trying to use your YEP_PartySystem and use a common event that changes the max party members to 5 (normally 4), then summon a extra character, I'm using a common event that activates when I activate a skill
*Plugin Command : ChangePartyMax 5
*Change Party Member : Add joe
This isn't working, but I assume  If you might have a suggestion?

I know I will need a second event to cancel the first but I think I might be able to figure that out more

Your description is very brief,  but as far as I know, you cannot use this command inside battle - so if you are trying extend party size during battle, this command will not work. 

derekwst3

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
okay thanks kilitar for the information.....I appreciate the help

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Yanfly!  I'm working on a battle system commission for a client that's using your plug-ins, and I wanted to make sure I'm understanding them correctly.

1) It seems that whenever your Battle Core plugin is turned on, the "Repeat" parameter of the skill is ignored and treated as if it were 1.  Is this intended behavior?  Is the idea that we're supposed to use Action Sequences to implement multiple hits instead?  (If this is new to you and you think the "Repeat" parameter should affect skills, then I can submit a full bug report/project file for you.  I just want to ask first because I assume this is intended and/or I'm missing something I'm supposed to do.)  EDIT: Upon further testing, this does not happen on a "blank" default skill, but does happen in some circumstances - my best guess is that it will happen if there are Action Sequence notetags.  Let me know if you want a full bug report + project file.

2) Is it possible to make an action sequence which has the user play an animation (such as "move user" + "action animation"), then deals damage to an enemy ("action effect"), then moves the user again, then deals damage again, in that order?  If this is possible, in what block of notetags should I place the second round of movement/damage?  (My understanding, which could be mistaken, is that the move user and action animation should be in the setup action or whole action blocks, whereas the action effect should be placed afterwards in the target action block - so I'm confused about how to make the second round of movement/animation come after the first round of damage).

I know you're super-busy and inundated with help requests, so please feel free to just give me a yes or no and point me to the right place. :)  Thanks a lot for your help!

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly!  I'm working on a battle system commission for a client that's using your plug-ins, and I wanted to make sure I'm understanding them correctly.

1) It seems that whenever your Battle Core plugin is turned on, the "Repeat" parameter of the skill is ignored and treated as if it were 1.  Is this intended behavior?  Is the idea that we're supposed to use Action Sequences to implement multiple hits instead?  (If this is new to you and you think the "Repeat" parameter should affect skills, then I can submit a full bug report/project file for you.  I just want to ask first because I assume this is intended and/or I'm missing something I'm supposed to do.)

2) Is it possible to make an action sequence which has the user play an animation (such as "move user" + "action animation"), then deals damage to an enemy ("action effect"), then moves the user again, then deals damage again, in that order?  If this is possible, in what block of notetags should I place the second round of movement/damage?  (My understanding, which could be mistaken, is that the move user and action animation should be in the setup action or whole action blocks, whereas the action effect should be placed afterwards in the target action block - so I'm confused about how to make the second round of movement/animation come after the first round of damage).

I know you're super-busy and inundated with help requests, so please feel free to just give me a yes or no and point me to the right place. :)  Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm obviously not Yanfly, but I can tell you that repeat actions work fine with the battlecore plugin on my setup, at least, they did when I was adding attacks via a state. You might have another plugin that is interfering with it.

You can have move effects in the target action section of the action sequence with no issues. Just add in the move and animations to the end of the first part. If you have damagecore, you can change the damage of the second hit too. Critical control lets you even make something a guaranteed critical hit.

Keep in mind though, that any target effects will happen individually to all targets if you have the skill set the scope to 'all enemies'. That's something you need to plan to work around.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks so much for your responses, @ramza :)

When I mentioned it to my client he said that Repeats worked fine for him as well.  I did some more testing just now, with all plugins deactivated except Yanfly Battle Core, and found that with a "blank" skill, Repeats did indeed work fine.  However, with a skill that has action sequence tags, the Repeats were ignored.  Weird!  So I feel like this could be a bug (or possibly an intended catch in case notetags are used which are not supported or something like that) - @Yanfly, would you like to see the project in question or does this make sense to you already?

I went ahead and tried moving the commands between blocks, at your suggestion, Ramza.  Like you predicted, it becomes disastrous when the animations are placed in the "target action" block on an All Enemies skill, but moving everything (including the action effect) up to the "whole action" block worked perfectly and let the actor attack all enemies twice with some animation in-between.  Beautiful!  It seems like I'd want to place everything here unless there is specific logic that needs to be carried out for each target - does that sound right, or are there errors with this approach?

I really appreciate your help!

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength

I believe the rule of thumb is that if you want an animation or effect to happen to all targets, put it in the whole action. You can use whole action to show a large animation on the screen, and then cause individual effects to each target using the target action. One thing I noticed by messing around a bit with it, is that if you do the action effect from the whole action, it will affect all targets simultaneously, while if you do it in target action it affects them in sequence.

edit: one other thing is that if you have an all enemies skill that hits only once, you might need to make the target action section but leave it blank, to prevent the skill from erroneously hitting twice.

Also there is a whole topic about action sequences that you might also find useful.

action sequence sharing/support

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your responses, @ramza :)

When I mentioned it to my client he said that Repeats worked fine for him as well.  I did some more testing just now, with all plugins deactivated except Yanfly Battle Core, and found that with a "blank" skill, Repeats did indeed work fine.  However, with a skill that has action sequence tags, the Repeats were ignored.  Weird!  So I feel like this could be a bug (or possibly an intended catch in case notetags are used which are not supported or something like that) - @Yanfly, would you like to see the project in question or does this make sense to you already?

I went ahead and tried moving the commands between blocks, at your suggestion, Ramza.  Like you predicted, it becomes disastrous when the animations are placed in the "target action" block on an All Enemies skill, but moving everything (including the action effect) up to the "whole action" block worked perfectly and let the actor attack all enemies twice with some animation in-between.  Beautiful!  It seems like I'd want to place everything here unless there is specific logic that needs to be carried out for each target - does that sound right, or are there errors with this approach?

I really appreciate your help!

This is intended. Repeats are disabled when there are custom action sequences involved. This is because users who prefer to do their own custom hit counts will become off synch otherwise, which destroys the purpose of the action sequences in the first place.

---

Plugin Name: Buffs & States Core 1.09a

Bug Explanation: Map isn't flashing from health degeneration.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Give an actor poison, then run around.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j66qwsydwrs4wq/Project1.zip?dl=0

Thanks, I'll check this out.

Sinister Spider

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so I apologize in advance if it is not.

I'm trying to learn how to properly use Event Chase Player and Event Chase Stealth and I was wondering can I make the event react differently than just chasing the player when they enter its line of sight, like in the Event Chase Stealth tutorial video, and if it is possible to make the event patrol with the chase command activated.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is intended. Repeats are disabled when there are custom action sequences involved. This is because users who prefer to do their own custom hit counts will become off synch otherwise, which destroys the purpose of the action sequences in the first place.

Perfect - this clears everything up.  Thank you, Yanfly!

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi Yanfly. With the "Item Core" and "Shop Core" there is a bug.

When I try to buy some Independent Items on the Shop, I can only buy one at time. For example I can't buy 3 Independent Sword, the number doesn't go up.

I dunno if I have explained right ^^

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, 

I was wondering if the Row Formation can be referenced within the Action Sequence? 

I have an Actor that wields a Gunblade; so I want to reference it within the Action Sequence that: if Row is 1, he defaults to move to target and perform swing attack, but if he is in Row 2 or 3, he will change the sequence into shooting mode (different motion). Both sequence should exists within one skill, btw, so it would be nice to reference it within the action sequence (instead of changing his skills everytime he switches row).

Thank you in advance :D

Since I couldn't get the answer from the Action Sequence thread, I thought I'd ask the maker himself ^^

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Yanfly. With the "Item Core" and "Shop Core" there is a bug.

When I try to buy some Independent Items on the Shop, I can only buy one at time. For example I can't buy 3 Independent Sword, the number doesn't go up.

I dunno if I have explained right ^^

Not a bug. This is intended.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, Yanfly!

The 1.35c update to YEP_BattleEngineCore seems to have fixed the Magic Reflection problem completely. Thank you very much for your help!

I do have a question about the plugin, however. I've noticed that during battle, actions by characters seem to take up much more time than usual. For example, having the entire party use the Guard command takes a total of about 7 seconds as opposed to the usual 2 seconds in RPG Maker's normal engine.

I've turned the Animation Base Delay and Animation Next Delay both to 0, disabled the additional animations for physical, magical, and certain hit attacks, and disabled Motion Waiting. I've also set Optimize Speed to true.

Is there any way, to your knowledge, for me to bring up the overall speed of the battle?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother yourself Yanfly,it is posible to add a feature for changing the nickname along with the classes in the class change core? I want to use that function for mimic the equipable icons from FF5 (showed in the status scene)

Excuse me for my bad english...

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A quick question from me too.  I've looked through your plugin help sections extensively and I can't find a lunatic mode to add an eval for weapon equip/unequip, something like your 'attach/detach' evals for augments, but for equipment slot items.  Am I missing it, is it on your list of todos or should I try to figure out how to make a plugin that would do that for myself?

Thanks!

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about the Actor Variables Plugin...  Is there a way for the variable to display as something other than just a number?  Like if you have a percent of something?  Or you have something like 5/10 objects?  At the moment all I know of it that the plugin displays the name of the Variable and the information it holds...  that's it.  If I made a variable 40% of something the variable would display that as 40.

Is there something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M