Not open for further replies.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question about the Actor Variables Plugin...  Is there a way for the variable to display as something other than just a number?  Like if you have a percent of something?  Or you have something like 5/10 objects?  At the moment all I know of it that the plugin displays the name of the Variable and the information it holds...  that's it.  If I made a variable 40% of something the variable would display that as 40.

Is there something I'm missing?

The variable is just a spot to store what you want displayed.  So you could essentially do whatever you want with it.  For instance, if you wanted to have variable 2 tracking how many objects the party acquired, and variable 3 set to the maximum acquirable objects, you could use variable 1 as the Actor Variable and have it update the party's progress via the script line: 

$gameVariables.setValue(1, $gameVariables.value(2).toString() + "/" + $gameVariables.value(3).toString());

If variable 2 is set to 5 and variable 3 is set to 10, variable 1 will be displayed as "5/10".

In the same way, if you figure out your percentage in script, you can place that value as a string into the Actor Variable whenever it needs to update and viola, you have a percentage displayed.  Just make sure to use the .toString() function on whatever variable you don't want converted to a number when it's put into the display variable.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Akariu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly!

I would like to ask if it is with your plugins possible to create a certant mecanic from a really old game.

Game called Might and Magic. What I'm about to asking is...well, hoow should I put this...

Ok...in Might and Magic was it possible do get knocked out if your hp reaces 0 and if you get 20-25% more damage you die. For examble if a hero has 682hp and reches 0hp, he will get the K.O. status instead of the death status. So now that the hero have 0hp and is K.O he CAN be attackt any further and if his hp reaces -136hp (20% from max hp) he will get the regular death status. In combination with this it would be needed a spell that removes death (no big deal) an set the hp to 1. (I dont know how to SET the hp to a certant amount) This is a mecanic I really loved in the old days and wasn't seen nowdays anymore :(

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi I hope someone can help me with this error I get ><

Since this is not a bug report but an error help request thingy I hope its ok II dont follow the bug report form one to one :/

Anyway, this is the error I get:

i6WR64d.png

It appears when I fight and try to attack or guard or use a special attack.

It seems to be a problem with the Weapon Unleash plugin, because turning it off solves the problem. 

This Is the debug log:

ViC6Ikb.png

This is my plugin list, all plugins are up to date and in the correct order. 

jpXmMVX.png

fRMNYh3.png

m2BKrtV.png

5S02xD5.png

6dJTio7.png

Please help me >< 

If you need more information just ask!

PS: saw that I used the old plugin list, but nothing changed, the plugins just updated

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello, Yanfly!

The 1.35c update to YEP_BattleEngineCore seems to have fixed the Magic Reflection problem completely. Thank you very much for your help!

I do have a question about the plugin, however. I've noticed that during battle, actions by characters seem to take up much more time than usual. For example, having the entire party use the Guard command takes a total of about 7 seconds as opposed to the usual 2 seconds in RPG Maker's normal engine.

I've turned the Animation Base Delay and Animation Next Delay both to 0, disabled the additional animations for physical, magical, and certain hit attacks, and disabled Motion Waiting. I've also set Optimize Speed to true.

Is there any way, to your knowledge, for me to bring up the overall speed of the battle?

This is because guarding goes through action sequences, too. For that, I suggest you go to the Action Sequence Help thread.

---

Sorry to bother yourself Yanfly,it is posible to add a feature for changing the nickname along with the classes in the class change core? I want to use that function for mimic the equipable icons from FF5 (showed in the status scene)

Excuse me for my bad english...
Hi Yanfly!

I would like to ask if it is with your plugins possible to create a certant mecanic from a really old game.

Game called Might and Magic. What I'm about to asking is...well, hoow should I put this...

Ok...in Might and Magic was it possible do get knocked out if your hp reaces 0 and if you get 20-25% more damage you die. For examble if a hero has 682hp and reches 0hp, he will get the K.O. status instead of the death status. So now that the hero have 0hp and is K.O he CAN be attackt any further and if his hp reaces -136hp (20% from max hp) he will get the regular death status. In combination with this it would be needed a spell that removes death (no big deal) an set the hp to 1. (I dont know how to SET the hp to a certant amount) This is a mecanic I really loved in the old days and wasn't seen nowdays anymore :(

This isn't a thread for plugin requests as per the front page:

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

---

A quick question from me too.  I've looked through your plugin help sections extensively and I can't find a lunatic mode to add an eval for weapon equip/unequip, something like your 'attach/detach' evals for augments, but for equipment slot items.  Am I missing it, is it on your list of todos or should I try to figure out how to make a plugin that would do that for myself?

Thanks!

There isn't one currently. This is mostly because the equipping/unequipping process is a bit delicate and the tiniest mistake can render an entire game unplayable.

---

Hi I hope someone can help me with this error I get ><

Since this is not a bug report but an error help request thingy I hope its ok II dont follow the bug report form one to one :/

Anyway, this is the error I get:

i6WR64d.png

It appears when I fight and try to attack or guard or use a special attack.

It seems to be a problem with the Weapon Unleash plugin, because turning it off solves the problem. 

This Is the debug log:

ViC6Ikb.png

This is my plugin list, all plugins are up to date and in the correct order. 

Reveal hidden contents

jpXmMVX.png

fRMNYh3.png

m2BKrtV.png

5S02xD5.png

6dJTio7.png

Please help me >< 

If you need more information just ask!

PS: saw that I used the old plugin list, but nothing changed, the plugins just updated

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question about the Actor Variables Plugin...  Is there a way for the variable to display as something other than just a number?  Like if you have a percent of something?  Or you have something like 5/10 objects?  At the moment all I know of it that the plugin displays the name of the Variable and the information it holds...  that's it.  If I made a variable 40% of something the variable would display that as 40.

Is there something I'm missing?

This can be done by using the script call function in a variable. The values themselves that can be stored are the same as any other variable so you can place text within it as well using something like ("Your Text Here") without the parenthesis.

Dheanz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi yanfly first of all i love All your plugin n script for most rpg maker :D and now iam using most your plugin for my mv project but i have bug regardles of it i have searching what plugins that has the bug and i found it when i trun it of the plugin its

Script Name:
Core Engine v1.15

List of Scripts Used (with version):
Core Engine v1.15

Bug Description:
When using all scope enemies in skill the enemy that dead or halfway appear is appeared in screen but cannot be touched or attack it just there even they just dead when using skill that must scope all enemies its appear again as its alive..when i turn off core engine plugin its normal so i gues the bug come from core engine..i hope you can solve this so i can use your wonderful plugin... thanks 

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey there, just wondering if i could get some help making a couple skills, using some yanfly plugins.

I would like to make a few magics from the final fantasy series, gravity and gravija.

Gravity - reduce an enemy's hp by 1/4 of its max hp. (BUT! I need this skill to 100% miss a boss enemy, if possible)

Graija - Same as gravity except it works on all enemies. (again, no bosses)

if its possible to do with yanfly plugins, then please show me the way, i cant figure it out.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there, just wondering if i could get some help making a couple skills, using some yanfly plugins.

I would like to make a few magics from the final fantasy series, gravity and gravija.

Gravity - reduce an enemy's hp by 1/4 of its max hp. (BUT! I need this skill to 100% miss a boss enemy, if possible)

if its possible to do with yanfly plugins, then please show me the way, i cant figure it out.

I did this in my game. What I did was give the skill it's own element (I called it gravity), and then I set the boss element rate to gravity to 0%.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I did this in my game. What I did was give the skill it's own element (I called it gravity), and then I set the boss element rate to gravity to 0%.

That makes sense, but how do i go about making the damage only take 1/4 of the enemy's max hp?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That makes sense, but how do i go about making the damage only take 1/4 of the enemy's max hp?

b.mhp * 0.25. That does 1/4 of the max HP. Put that in the damage formula box for the skill.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
b.mhp * 0.25. That does 1/4 of the max HP. Put that in the damage formula box for the skill.

oh wow, thank you, i never knew that, i thought doing something like that was impossible without a plugin's help, which is why i went here, looking into yanfly's plugins, guess that was un-needed, haha thanks!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi yanfly first of all i love All your plugin n script for most rpg maker :D and now iam using most your plugin for my mv project but i have bug regardles of it i have searching what plugins that has the bug and i found it when i trun it of the plugin its

Script Name:
Core Engine v1.15

List of Scripts Used (with version):
Core Engine v1.15

Bug Description:
When using all scope enemies in skill the enemy that dead or halfway appear is appeared in screen but cannot be touched or attack it just there even they just dead when using skill that must scope all enemies its appear again as its alive..when i turn off core engine plugin its normal so i gues the bug come from core engine..i hope you can solve this so i can use your wonderful plugin... thanks 

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A quick question from me too.  I've looked through your plugin help sections extensively and I can't find a lunatic mode to add an eval for weapon equip/unequip, something like your 'attach/detach' evals for augments, but for equipment slot items.  Am I missing it, is it on your list of todos or should I try to figure out how to make a plugin that would do that for myself?

Thanks!

There isn't one currently. This is mostly because the equipping/unequipping process is a bit delicate and the tiniest mistake can render an entire game unplayable.

I see.  I'll try to figure something else out then.  Thank you. :)

There is another way to do this if you run into situations where you don't want to lock down an element completely in a boss fight - say you wanted to do full damage with a lower level gravity spell, but didn't want an insti-kill gravity spell to have any effect on the boss at all.  NeMV_Tags.js is an awesome plugin made by Nekoyoubi that allows you to add 'tags' to just about anything, and provides simple commands to check those tags.  He writes his plugins to be not only compatible with YEP, but often dependent on it.  Here's a link:  http://stitchgaming.com/

If you put <Tags: Boss> into the boss's notetag and your boss enemy was the first enemy in the database,

you could use $dataEnemies[1].hasTag("boss"); to return a 'true' value.  Using a conditional check in the skill's <Custom Execution> you could have unique effects to bosses instead of no effect.  

If you get Tags, you'll find it bailing you out of all sorts of functionality issues.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
There is another way to do this if you run into situations where you don't want to lock down an element completely in a boss fight - say you wanted to do full damage with a lower level gravity spell, but didn't want an insti-kill gravity spell to have any effect on the boss at all.  NeMV_Tags.js is an awesome plugin made by Nekoyoubi that allows you to add 'tags' to just about anything, and provides simple commands to check those tags.  He writes his plugins to be not only compatible with YEP, but often dependent on it.  Here's a link:  http://stitchgaming.com/

If you put <Tags: Boss> into the boss's notetag and your boss enemy was the first enemy in the database,

you could use $dataEnemies[1].hasTag("boss"); to return a 'true' value.  Using a conditional check in the skill's <Custom Execution> you could have unique effects to bosses instead of no effect.  

If you get Tags, you'll find it bailing you out of all sorts of functionality issues.

That actually sounds amazing, could have a dual purpose skill. many more possibilities are now coming to me!

thank you for this!

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a bug issue with the sideview battlers. With the breathing, it hyper speeds and does screwy things with the actor, whether it be when the plugin is on or off. Same goes for floating. I wish I could provide a video, but shadow play isn't allowing me during battle testing

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, Yanfly! A few days ago I asked you if is possible to give more space to the gauges and the current/max value of HP, MP, and TP in the Battle Status Window using your YEP_X_BattleSysATB and YEP_BattleEngineCore.

Sin_t_tulo_1.png

I don't like to insist on this, but... Are you sure there is no other way to give more space or update that plugins to do that? The game has good resolution (1104x624). I like this style, it's very similar to the style of Final Fantasy games.

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
(This is REALLY a very basic error caused by an obvious reason, though that might not make the fix any kind of simple)

Plugin Name: Change Battle Equip

Bug Explanation: When not using 'Battlebacks', MV simply draws a blurred screen cap of where the player was standing when the encounter began. With this plugin, when exiting out of the Equip screen, MV redraws a blurred screen cap of the battle prior to accessing the equip screen and superimposes it on the original. By result, when the sidebattler or enemy moves, a blurred after image of the second screencap remains. Naturally, when using battlebacks, there is no screencapping, and everything works fine.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Go into battle without a battleback and use the plugin.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Move on to the next report if you like ... but i'll admit to being a bit apathetic, personally, to making a sample project for this. If you happen to get around to it though, i would of course greatly appreciate the time on your part.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm having a bug issue with the sideview battlers. With the breathing, it hyper speeds and does screwy things with the actor, whether it be when the plugin is on or off. Same goes for floating. I wish I could provide a video, but shadow play isn't allowing me during battle testing

---

Hey, Yanfly! A few days ago I asked you if is possible to give more space to the gauges and the current/max value of HP, MP, and TP in the Battle Status Window using your YEP_X_BattleSysATB and YEP_BattleEngineCore.

Sin_t_tulo_1.png

I don't like to insist on this, but... Are you sure there is no other way to give more space or update that plugins to do that? The game has good resolution (1104x624). I like this style, it's very similar to the style of Final Fantasy games.

As I've already stated, if there isn't enough room to draw the current/max value as per calculated by the program, it will not draw it. If you continue to insist on this, post a request in the request forum and someone may work on it for you. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/

---

(This is REALLY a very basic error caused by an obvious reason, though that might not make the fix any kind of simple)

Plugin Name: Change Battle Equip

Bug Explanation: When not using 'Battlebacks', MV simply draws a blurred screen cap of where the player was standing when the encounter began. With this plugin, when exiting out of the Equip screen, MV redraws a blurred screen cap of the battle prior to accessing the equip screen and superimposes it on the original. By result, when the sidebattler or enemy moves, a blurred after image of the second screencap remains. Naturally, when using battlebacks, there is no screencapping, and everything works fine.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Go into battle without a battleback and use the plugin.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Move on to the next report if you like ... but i'll admit to being a bit apathetic, personally, to making a sample project for this. If you happen to get around to it though, i would of course greatly appreciate the time on your part.

Whether or not you feel it's necessary, if it's something I ask of people to provide bug reports, I intend to not have exceptions to the rule made even for the simple things. In the past, I've chased and hunted "bugs" that simply do not exist and that has wasted more than enough of my time that I could have spent elsewhere. This has occurred for 6+ months until I've instated this new bug reporting policy. The amount of time I've wasted during those 6 months for wild goose chases is unfathomable and for me, even regrettable. As you would greatly appreciate me putting in time to fix the bug, I would also appreciate you putting in the time to create a sample project that replicates this problem 100% of the time. Thank you.

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, that makes good sense.

I'll get around to it if i do, and if i don't, that's on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylleve