YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Question of curiosity (help rather), but is there a guide anywhere explaining how to edit the formation for Yanfly's row formation plugin? I'm looking for a diamond-esque formation, but I just simply can't grasp my head around how the positioning works.

I attempted to use the SVActorpostion plugin with this but... well, let's say it didn't turn out so well.

Turns out I over complicated the issue. I could use normal numerical values like I did for the SVActorpostion plugin. I thought positioning the actors were dependent on weird formulas and code.

Last edited by a moderator:

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question of curiosity (help rather), but is there a guide anywhere explaining how to edit the formation for Yanfly's row formation plugin? I'm looking for a diamond-esque formation, but I just simply can't grasp my head around how the positioning works.

I attempted to use the SVActorpostion plugin with this but... well, let's say it didn't turn out so well.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll have a go anyway - the RowFormation plugin allows you to move actors or enemy battlers from row to row, but doesn't allow you to set any special formations out of the box.  There are a series of Lunatic Mode commands that allow you to get considerable information regarding the rows, such as what row specific actors or enemies are in, whether they are locked, whether there's any dead or alive battlers in that row, etc...   In addition you can change the rows of those participants in various ways, even choosing to lock individual actors or enemies.

Combined with the notetag options to lock actors or enemies into specific rows, you could attempt to force a diamond-esque formation, but you would need to access the value that corresponds to the actor or enemy formation position by calling the $gameParty.members().indexOf([actor]); and then manipulating that location.  For an example of how to do that, look through YEP_PartyFormation and see what you can find.  I haven't looked myself, but that's where I'd start.

You could do this, but it would be difficult without a plugin designed for it.

Hope that helps. 

Lance Skyes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an inquiry.

Is there any way to have an item that you can use to both repair and upgrade a weapon/armor? I tried putting both types of notetags in the item, but it doesn't register.

ArtemNevsky

Villager
Reaction score
Sorry for my English)))

Извините за мой Английский)))

Plugin Name: Battle System – Charge Turn Battle

Bug Explanation: When overlaying effect (10 turn). After everyone went (Friends and Enemies). Number effect not minus 1, and 4 (5, 6) turn. It all happens very quickly.
ATB and DTB, everything is OK.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 
1. Launch the battle.
2. Use skill(Защита I)
3. To apply the effects. (228 turn)
4. on the next move is already running (222 turn)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzhRjNKEV9BrWnFjNkhFWk5taEU

from 228 to 222

CastLightBlack.jpg

CastLightBlack3.jpg

CastLightBlack4.jpg

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have an inquiry.

Is there any way to have an item that you can use to both repair and upgrade a weapon/armor? I tried putting both types of notetags in the item, but it doesn't register.

Nope. The functions are kept separate.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry for my English)))

Извините за мой Английский)))

Plugin Name: Battle System – Charge Turn Battle

Bug Explanation: When overlaying effect (10 turn). After everyone went (Friends and Enemies). Number effect not minus 1, and 4 (5, 6) turn. It all happens very quickly.
ATB and DTB, everything is OK.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 
1. Launch the battle.
2. Use skill(Защита I)
3. To apply the effects. (228 turn)
4. on the next move is already running (222 turn)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzhRjNKEV9BrWnFjNkhFWk5taEU

from 228 to 222

View attachment 38874

View attachment 38875

View attachment 38876

Redo this.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

That said, I can already guess what the problem is. And the problem isn't with my plugin but rather, the fact you didn't set up the plugin to fit your own use. CTB is NOT a turn based system. It functions off of ticks. If your battlers' AGI are too low, multiple state turns will be skipped. This is NOT a bug. Read through the CTB help file to understand everything.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
YEP.104 - New Game+

Features and How to Use

New Game+ is a great way to provide replay value for your game. It lets the player re-experience the game in a different way with either carried over items, to carried over party members, to carried over skills, switches, and variables even. There exists many options to change how New Game+ will work for your game.

You can grab the plugin here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/27/yep-104-new-game-rpg-maker-mv/

Rion Requiel

Twilight Requiem Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally!! New Game+! I have been waiting for this for so long and it's finally here! Yay! *Runs in circles*
I can finally start making my game with alternate endings!!! xD

Belone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly and all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but I hope there is a work around. Here's my bug report:-

Plugin Name: Equip Core v 1.14 (along with Core Engine v1.15)

Bug Explanation: When changing class, all equipment is unequipped when the slot types of the two classes don't exactly match, even if they have slots of the same type.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: For example  if you have a class with no weapons and a shield, and another class with 3 weapons and a shield, the shield will be unequipped when changing class.

Sample Project (Required): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud4y4dynaba6ga4/Sample%20Equip%20Core.zip?dl=0

Changing class is a huge part of my project, as is different classes having different slot types - so it would be really handy if it were possible to maintain equipment across class changes. I have had a little look at resolving my issue myself, but I thought, before spending a few hours rewriting the Equip Core script, I'd go straight to the source and see if there is a simple solution that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance - loving your work.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly and all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but I hope there is a work around. Here's my bug report:-

Bug Explanation: When changing class, all equipment is unequipped when the slot types of the two classes don't exactly match, even if they have slots of the same type.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: For example  if you have a class with no weapons and a shield, and another class with 3 weapons and a shield, the shield will be unequipped when changing class.

Sample Project (Required): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud4y4dynaba6ga4/Sample%20Equip%20Core.zip?dl=0

Changing class is a huge part of my project, as is different classes having different slot types - so it would be really handy if it were possible to maintain equipment across class changes. I have had a little look at resolving my issue myself, but I thought, before spending a few hours rewriting the Equip Core script, I'd go straight to the source and see if there is a simple solution that I'm missing.

I ran into the same issue.  From what I can tell, if the equipment slot is the same spot in both classes it will transfer the item, otherwise, it clears the slot.  For instance, if you have:

Weapon                         Weapon

Shield                             Shield

Weapon

Weapon

It should transfer the shield, but it won't be aesthetically pleasing.

I wound up setting up some variables to store the equipment (not the base ids, but a copy of the equipment item) for each character, and then, after the player sets the equipment the first time, switching back and forth between the classes recalls what they had on last if it's still available in the inventory.  It's surprisingly easy to set something like that up, just a bit monotonous.

Hope that helps.

SuperMasterSword

That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a bug in Battle Engine Core (latest version), enemies set to appear halfway through battle will appear if an Opacity Not Focus notetag is used to set opacity to full. They still won't battle, but they'll just be awkwardly standing there untargetable.

I'm sure you already know this, but all that needs to be added is an extra check to see if they're appeared or not.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, how easy would it be for someone to adapt the new game plus to be used for transferring characters from a part one to a part two?

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm just too happy about the new game + ! Thank you, Yanfly.

Belone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly and all,

I figured out how to resolve this - thanks to Audron for the advice on saving equipment to variables.

I just added this bit of code below all the other plugins:-

var Belone = Belone || {};
Belone.ClassChange = Belone.ClassChange || {} ;

Belone.ClassChange.Game_Actor_changeClass = Game_Actor.prototype.changeClass;
Game_Actor.prototype.changeClass = function(classId, keepExp) {
var equips = this.equips().slice();
Belone.ClassChange.Game_Actor_changeClass.call(this, classId, keepExp);
this.equipInitEquips(equips);
};

EDIT:-

Nevermind - this actually causes equipment to duplicate

Belone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Real fix for my problem this time (in case anyone else is having it):-

Code:
var Belone = Belone || {};
Belone.ClassChange = Belone.ClassChange || {} ;

Belone.ClassChange.Game_Actor_changeClass = Game_Actor.prototype.changeClass;
Game_Actor.prototype.changeClass = function(classId, keepExp) {
    var equips = this.equips().slice();
    Belone.ClassChange.Game_Actor_changeClass.call(this, classId, keepExp);
    actor = this;
    equips.forEach(function(item){
      if (item !== null){
        var index = actor.equipSlots().indexOf(item.etypeId) + 1;
        actor.changeEquipById(index, item.id);
      };
    });
};

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, how easy would it be for someone to adapt the new game plus to be used for transferring characters from a part one to a part two?

I haven't yet had the chance to test this, but assuming it works like most other NGP plugins from the past, it should work so long as the databases between the two games are identical (with the exception of added things in the second, of course). The only issue I foresee, and again, this is because I haven't tested it, but the save core may keep you from transferring the save over because of its settings to deny saves from other games (but I believe that is only for web setup, so you may be okay).

Copy your current project to create a second project. Rename it. Add a few things (DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING). Give it a whirl.

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found a bug in Battle Engine Core (latest version), enemies set to appear halfway through battle will appear if an Opacity Not Focus notetag is used to set opacity to full. They still won't battle, but they'll just be awkwardly standing there untargetable.

I'm sure you already know this, but all that needs to be added is an extra check to see if they're appeared or not.

I know this bug you've mentioned is a rather small thing, but Yanfly would like all bugs to follow this template:

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Yanfly and all,

Not a bug. The equips maintained are the equips maintained in their slots.

Your slots went from

Shield

Head

Body to

Weapon

Weapon

Weapon

Shield

Head

Body

The transition becomes shield -> weapon. Therefore, the slots will not stick. This however, does stick:

Shield

Head

Body

to

Shield

Head

Body

Weapon

Weapon

Weapon

---

Part 1 of what to Part 2 of what? You'll have to explain in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8a888s