Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Auto-Life - RPG Maker MV

Auto-Life, also known as Reraise, is a status effect in many Final Fantasy games. It will revive a battler the moment the battler dies. This Tips & Tricks video will show you how to accomplish this using Yanfly Engine Plugins and RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste version of the code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/28/tips-tricks-auto-life-rpg-maker-mv/

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysCTB

Bug Explanation: Actors with very low AGI values fighting in the same battle as Actors/Enemies with average or high AGI values cause some weird lag/delay at the start of the actors' turns.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: In the project just talk to the bat. It will trigger a battle with 2 bats and Harold + Therese. Harold has a high AGI value (260) while Therese has a very low value (1). The CTB Bar updates properly but there's a noticeable delay before the hero steps forward and is ready to act.

Sample Project: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2s1055wuzf126t/Project4.rar

Could this be related to Rubberbanding not working as intended?

SuperMasterSword

That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Action Sequence Pack 2

Bug Explanation: If you have an enemy set to Appear Halfway and have an "Opacity" tag with "Not Focus" set as the target, the enemy will appear prematurely, albeit still unselectable and not battling.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Create a skill that sets the Opacity of Not Focus targets to something higher than 0.

Sample Project: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmmc4ev96a5s6ck/Debug-stripped.zip

@Hikitsune-Red You're right, it is a small bug but that's not an excuse to ignore something that clearly says it's mandatory, that one's on me, sorry. (I also realized that I had the wrong plugin since it's not BEC that adds opacity action sequences anyway, although you could argue that Not Focus should never affect Hidden targets anyway)

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
hey there again, I have another skill question, this one i've been messing around with for a while now, using yanfly's buff's and states core plugin and some others..

I have some skills, mainly for a samurai, and i want these skills dependent on another skill.

for example, I have a skill called "Ready Stance", and when used it unlocks 4 other skills, without first using the ready stance skill those 4 dependent skills would be blacked out.

any ideas, ive trying making it add a state to the user, that would just add the 4 skills, but somehow the state doesn't do anything.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
hey there again, I have another skill question, this one i've been messing around with for a while now, using yanfly's buff's and states core plugin and some others..

I have some skills, mainly for a samurai, and i want these skills dependent on another skill.

for example, I have a skill called "Ready Stance", and when used it unlocks 4 other skills, without first using the ready stance skill those 4 dependent skills would be blacked out.

any ideas, ive trying making it add a state to the user, that would just add the 4 skills, but somehow the state doesn't do anything.

It's strange because putting a state that would add the 4 skills should definitely work. No need for any plugin for that, it's a default behaviour of rpg maker. Can you post a picture of your "state" ? (although I'm not sure this is the right place for thoses questions as it's not related directly to yanfly's plugins)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
It's strange because putting a state that would add the 4 skills should definitely work. No need for any plugin for that, it's a default behaviour of rpg maker. Can you post a picture of your "state" ? (although I'm not sure this is the right place for thoses questions as it's not related directly to yanfly's plugins)

g6smfXt.png

heres the pic of my states, i think it might be related to yanfly's buffs and states core plugin, because of the way it works, having it work this way, just as rpg maker has it, it does now give me the skills i want, but they are not blacked out at first, they are not on the list at all until i have the state active, then when the state IS active, the skills that are learned from it, are permanent and dont go away after the state does.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's normal for the skill not to appear before the state is induced, but the fact that they become permanent and do not leave when the state wears off is not normal indeed.

Have you tested it after deactivating yanfly's buffs and states core to see if the problem really comes from the plugin itself ?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysCTB

Bug Explanation: Actors with very low AGI values fighting in the same battle as Actors/Enemies with average or high AGI values cause some weird lag/delay at the start of the actors' turns.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: In the project just talk to the bat. It will trigger a battle with 2 bats and Harold + Therese. Harold has a high AGI value (260) while Therese has a very low value (1). The CTB Bar updates properly but there's a noticeable delay before the hero steps forward and is ready to act.

Sample Project: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2s1055wuzf126t/Project4.rar

Could this be related to Rubberbanding not working as intended?

Not a bug and everything is working as intended.

This is because the Full Turn plugin parameter calculates the length of the turn based on the lowest AGI on the field. When you use a value that is significantly lower than any other, it causes the number of permutations required to increase to account for the default settings. You need to adjust your Full Turn parameter formula to fit your game. The formulas I've given by default are for games that utilize agility values within range of one another in an average setting. They're not one-size fits all, so it is entirely up to you to fix it to meet your demands.

---

Plugin Name: Action Sequence Pack 2

Bug Explanation: If you have an enemy set to Appear Halfway and have an "Opacity" tag with "Not Focus" set as the target, the enemy will appear prematurely, albeit still unselectable and not battling.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Create a skill that sets the Opacity of Not Focus targets to something higher than 0.

Sample Project: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmmc4ev96a5s6ck/Debug-stripped.zip

@Hikitsune-Red You're right, it is a small bug but that's not an excuse to ignore something that clearly says it's mandatory, that one's on me, sorry. (I also realized that I had the wrong plugin since it's not BEC that adds opacity action sequences anyway, although you could argue that Not Focus should never affect Hidden targets anyway)

Thanks, I've been notified this by another member. Expect a fix soon.

---

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

heres the pic of my states, i think it might be related to yanfly's buffs and states core plugin, because of the way it works, having it work this way, just as rpg maker has it, it does now give me the skills i want, but they are not blacked out at first, they are not on the list at all until i have the state active, then when the state IS active, the skills that are learned from it, are permanent and dont go away after the state does.

It's normal for the skill not to appear before the state is induced, but the fact that they become permanent and do not leave when the state wears off is not normal indeed.

Have you tested it after deactivating yanfly's buffs and states core to see if the problem really comes from the plugin itself ?

As a quick side note to this conversation, I've been considering using styles or stances for one of my classes and I got great inspiration from Tips and Tricks 41, Spirit Shell.  Yanfly sets it up so that a skill has a different effect based on whether a state is active.  Although it doesn't solve your problem (I have nothing better to offer than what Saneterre already said), it is an interesting alternative idea, having the same skill behave differently depending on the state (or current stance/style) of the battler using it.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw, New Game + requires Save Core? Darn. I have personal plugins that likely interfere with Save Core (and would almost certainly to be rewritten if I implemented Save Core), but was thinking your New Game + plugin would be a quick shortcut to a planned feature that I officially announced in my demo topic, but hadn't actually written yet (which isn't quite a standard New Game + - more of a link between the two games of a Double Feature - but still pretty close.)

Well, maybe when I get a bit further in, I can weigh rewriting my own Save plugins to work with Save Core against writing my own (more customized) game linking plugin.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Part 1 of what to Part 2 of what? You'll have to explain in detail.

@YanflyNevermind, Hikitsune-Red  already answered my question (but if you're curious, I meant part 1 and 2 of a game. For example, changing CDs at key parts in Final Fantasy 7. I'm a parallax mapper, so I am concerned about my maps taking up too much data, and I might have to split the game into multiple parts. But I think this will work perfectly for me :D  )

Thunder176

Spoony Bard
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, I started to use the NG+ plugin when you released it and i've added Savecore because, well... I think you can guess why. 

But since I used them I get the "TypeError: Undefined is not a function error".

It happens after I selected the file and use the Save command and then select Yes, I tried turning all other plugins off, but it still gets the error even if Savecore is the only plugin running.

When overwriting a file it happens too but with a slightly different message, which just adds "ERROR: Uncaught TypeError:" before "Undefined is not a function error".

It saves just fine after I reboot, but it crashes when(or perhaps after) saving.

Anything I could do to fix it? I'm not at all experienced in js, and I really want to use the NG+ function.

Thanks in advance and keep up the excellent work!

btw: I saw Forsaken on the site, thanks again, you have no idea how honored I am, did you try it out? If so, what did you think about it? Have any feedback?

Saidrog

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just installed the Class change core plugin, but i got a problem!

I had a skill named "curse", that can to transform the character and inflicts him a status effect that gives extra stats and a negative regeneration on hp. When the status is inflicted the character should forgot the "curse" skill and learn a new one named "remove curse". The problem is that with this plugin he doesn't forgot the "curse" skill anymore, any solution?

Audorn

Dabbler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just installed the Class change core plugin, but i got a problem!

I had a skill named "curse", that can to transform the character and inflicts him a status effect that gives extra stats and a negative regeneration on hp. When the status is inflicted the character should forgot the "curse" skill and learn a new one named "remove curse". The problem is that with this plugin he doesn't forgot the "curse" skill anymore, any solution?

If you're saying that the skill worked fine before you installed the Class change core, then you'll want to follow the steps on page 1 of this forum very closely and submit a bug report, don't skip anything.

If you can't duplicate the error in the new project after following those steps then it's likely something about the way your skill is implemented.  I'd suggest trying to rebuild the skill from scratch at that point, maybe you'll discover the issue as you do.

Hope that helps.

Darkstar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, I started to use the NG+ plugin when you released it and i've added Savecore because, well... I think you can guess why. 

But since I used them I get the "TypeError: Undefined is not a function error".

It happens after I selected the file and use the Save command and then select Yes, I tried turning all other plugins off, but it still gets the error even if Savecore is the only plugin running.

When overwriting a file it happens too but with a slightly different message, which just adds "ERROR: Uncaught TypeError:" before "Undefined is not a function error".

It saves just fine after I reboot, but it crashes when(or perhaps after) saving.

Anything I could do to fix it? I'm not at all experienced in js, and I really want to use the NG+ function.

Thanks in advance and keep up the excellent work!

btw: I saw Forsaken on the site, thanks again, you have no idea how honored I am, did you try it out? If so, what did you think about it? Have any feedback?

I'm not Yanfly, but can you follow this?

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

I personally have an idea on what may be wrong, but a sample project would help confirm my suspicions. I don't know if its isolated exactly, but it seems that older RPG Maker MV projects (created pre 1.1.0+) still use the 1.0 javascript, which is NOT compatible with the save core engine. I ran into the same issue, but I fixed it by replacing all the javascript files in the base JS directory (located in your js directory, named rpg_manager.js, rpg_core.js, etc. ) with the ones from a new project created with RPG Maker 1.1 or higher. Make sure to back up your old ones, because while I haven't ran into any issues personally, your mileage may vary.

Update: I downloaded the demo of your project and took a peek. The Javascript files in the JS folder have not been updated. Back up your old javascript files and replace it with ones created from a new RPG Maker MV 1.1 or 1.2 project.

@Yanfly It may be worth putting a disclaimer in the plugin documentation for the Save Core that says you'll need to update your base js directory javascript if your project was created in RPG Maker MV 1.0. I know you've said its only compatible with RPG Maker MV 1.1 or higher, but if the project was created with RPG Maker MV 1.0, but then you updated to 1.1 or 1.2, your project's JS files are not automatically updated.

Thunder176

Spoony Bard
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I'm not Yanfly, but can you follow this?

I personally have an idea on what may be wrong, but a sample project would help confirm my suspicions. I don't know if its isolated exactly, but it seems that older RPG Maker MV projects (created pre 1.1.0+) still use the 1.0 javascript, which is NOT compatible with the save core engine. I ran into the same issue, but I fixed it by replacing all the javascript files in the base JS directory (located in your js directory, named rpg_manager.js, rpg_core.js, etc. ) with the ones from a new project created with RPG Maker 1.1 or higher. Make sure to back up your old ones, because while I haven't ran into any issues personally, your mileage may vary.

Update: I downloaded the demo of your project and took a peek. The Javascript files in the JS folder have not been updated. Back up your old javascript files and replace it with ones created from a new RPG Maker MV 1.1 or 1.2 project.

@Yanfly It may be worth putting a disclaimer in the plugin documentation for the Save Core that says you'll need to update your base js directory javascript if your project was created in RPG Maker MV 1.0. I know you've said its only compatible with RPG Maker MV 1.1 or higher, but if the project was created with RPG Maker MV 1.0, but then you updated to 1.1 or 1.2, your project's JS files are not automatically updated.

Yeah, I realized my mistake in following the guidelines a wee bit too late... Was already preparing a sample project.

But I'll try out your advice first, it does sound like that will fix the problem so I hope it does.

Thanks anyway for looking into it for me! :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm going to have to announce that I will be taking a week break from this support thread. Some health issues came up and need to be addressed. If you guys need help with anything, I strongly suggest you go to the JavaScript Plugin Support forum or the RPG Maker MV general forum depending on what kind of question it is. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all. I'm going to have to announce that I will be taking a week break from this support thread. Some health issues came up and need to be addressed. If you guys need help with anything, I strongly suggest you go to the JavaScript Plugin Support forum or the RPG Maker MV general forum depending on what kind of question it is. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

I hope you get better soon.

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

No problem, you need rest. Take your time. ;)
I know you like what you do, but you are not a machine.
We love you and we'll wait until you'll be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VuThanhLong