Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I think my message did not appear directly the first time. So I repost it.

Plugin Name: YEP_BattleEngineCore

Bug Explanation: I have a problem with YEP_BattleEngineCore (v1.35) when I upload the game on a browser, the battle system does not appear. However the other plugins work, in battles too. Only "YEP_BattleEngineCore" does not work, and only on the browser version.

Error Report: No error message

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: The "bug" appears only on the browser version. As soon as you enter a battle, the battle system is the default one of RPG MV and not the one of the plugin. (On Google Chrome and on the website Newgrounds)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Is that necessary because the game works perfectly when it is not extracted through "Web browsers" , if I send it via dropbox it would be the Windows version, so I think it is pointless. If it is necessary please tell me how could I upload it and make a link without making it accessible for the public. 

Here are images that show what normally appears with the plugin :

(the battle starts directly)

And here is what appears on the browser :

("Bat emerged" and the battle system is different)

What can I do to enable the plugin once it is published online?

If your plugin isn't being enabled, then it's a problem on your own side.

My project is running without problems online: 

---

Hi, I'm working on a project using YEP_PartySystem v1.08. I can't seem to figure out how to show 5 actors in the main menu instead of 4.  It just ends up looking dumb, because you have to scroll down to see the last party member.  I basically want it to look like this,

but of course in MV.

If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

There is no feature for this. There's a plethora of plugins out there that modify the main menu's appearance which do work with my plugins, which is why I haven't released something like this yet. I do suggest you check them out. :)

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is no feature for this. There's a plethora of plugins out there that modify the main menu's appearance which do work with my plugins, which is why I haven't released something like this yet. I do suggest you check them out. :)

Does this mean you'll consider releasing something similar in the future?

Skelephant

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Understood! I feel much better now, and I'll keep at it. Thanks for your time and effort. Top quality stuff. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I have a question about the Button Common Events plugin.

Is it possible to have a common event triggered by a button that plays while the player is walking? I'm trying to event a torch system since neither Terrax's Lighting plugin nor Hudell's worked for me (and apparently if they had they'd overwrite the tint screen command). So instead I'm trying to bind a key to a common event so that it pulls up an image to simulate a torch. That part works.

However, I'm now trying to see if I can "animate" it - drop the opacity and then raise it, as seen in this video:

When I try to do this, the player cannot move. I attempted to make it so that the original common event (the one bound to a button) triggered a parallel common event (since triggering a parallel on-map lags the game on my already-fairly-slow computer). This did not work.

So, is there a way I can accomplish this with Button Common Events? Or should I just stick with a still image as a torch?

Apologies for the long-ish explanation, and thank you for your time.

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly. I'm a big fan of your plugins, having recently discovered them and trying to incorporate them into the game I'm making.

I noticed that you had an Icon generator and was saddened to discover that it was only for windows. What are the chances you'll port the app to macintosh for us lesser breed of humans? :p

johnnycbadd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Conflict between Equip Core & Item Core

Bug Explanation: This has to do with the "Phoenix Ring" equipment demonstrated in Yanfly Tips & Tricks. The ring will reraise the user constantly and never break. If you turn the Item Core plugin off the ring will function normally, but will then crash the game at the Equip screen when using another plugin that I use (Moogle_X Equipment Learning). I have tried turning Moogle_X's plugin off entirely with the same result effecting the Phoenix Ring being between some conflict with Item Core and Equip Core. This problem started occurring when I upgraded to RMMV v1.2.0

Error Report: There are no error reports.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:  Bug #1 Phoenix Ring: Simply leave all plugins turned to on position and die in battle. The ring will never break and the user will never die. (If this was an intentional effect it actually wouldn't be so bad for testing purposes lol)

Sample Project:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/aulyhyq6hj2vvum/Project1.rar?dl=0

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi, I have a question regarding the Save core plugin!

When I make it so that the location of the player gets shown the plugin shows the "Name" Not the "Display Name" .

I guess this intentional but the problem is that I dont want the "name" to be shown but the "Display Name" because the "Name"s I give my map are either in german ( The Display Names are in english) Or beause the "Name" has spoilers is them like "House before big Idiot burns everything down" ( not actual name but you get it).

Is there a way to make the "Location" the "display name", not the "Name"? 

nerochepiace

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
I don't know if really I can consider this a bug.

This a strange behavior that can crash a project, but the workaround is easy.

So: if you have installed YEP.90 – Equip Battle Skills – RPG Maker MV and for any (crazy) reason you remove some of your skill from the data base using the button //"Change Maximum" your project will crash testing it (Type Error Cannot Read property 'equipStates' of undefined).

The only way to fix it is simple use //"Change Maximum" to get back at the number of skill you used to have.

Well, sort of it. The number of skill you delete is important. No problem if only one or ten. But you if you go for 200, the game crash.

Really strange.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@nerochepiace: That's due to an old save game trying to read a skill id of a skill that no longer exists. There is no fix short of never use old save games after you change the database.

nerochepiace

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp: In reality, is not like that. It is at the beginning of the project, not from a save. 

But is not so important. I have put this thing in the "don't do, or strange things appens" box.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about the Button Common Events plugin.

Is it possible to have a common event triggered by a button that plays while the player is walking? I'm trying to event a torch system since neither Terrax's Lighting plugin nor Hudell's worked for me (and apparently if they had they'd overwrite the tint screen command). So instead I'm trying to bind a key to a common event so that it pulls up an image to simulate a torch. That part works.

However, I'm now trying to see if I can "animate" it - drop the opacity and then raise it, as seen in this video:

When I try to do this, the player cannot move. I attempted to make it so that the original common event (the one bound to a button) triggered a parallel common event (since triggering a parallel on-map lags the game on my already-fairly-slow computer). This did not work.

So, is there a way I can accomplish this with Button Common Events? Or should I just stick with a still image as a torch?

Apologies for the long-ish explanation, and thank you for your time.

You're asking in the wrong place. This is a support thread for my plugins and their code. This does not include common events and how to set up your common events. For common event help, I suggest you visit the General MV forum: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/129-rpg-maker-mv/

---

Hey Yanfly. I'm a big fan of your plugins, having recently discovered them and trying to incorporate them into the game I'm making.

I noticed that you had an Icon generator and was saddened to discover that it was only for windows. What are the chances you'll port the app to macintosh for us lesser breed of humans? :p

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac so the chances of me developing it for that will be close to 0% until I at least get one. Have you tried using Windows emulators though? Some other Mac users have indicated that using Windows emulators allowed them to use the Icon Generator.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if really I can consider this a bug.

This a strange behavior that can crash a project, but the workaround is easy.

So: if you have installed YEP.90 – Equip Battle Skills – RPG Maker MV and for any (crazy) reason you remove some of your skill from the data base using the button //"Change Maximum" your project will crash testing it (Type Error Cannot Read property 'equipStates' of undefined).

The only way to fix it is simple use //"Change Maximum" to get back at the number of skill you used to have.

Well, sort of it. The number of skill you delete is important. No problem if only one or ten. But you if you go for 200, the game crash.

Really strange.

From the first post of this thread and the bug report post:

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
  2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
  3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
YEP.107 - Element Core

Instructions and How to Use

Elemental control in RPG Maker MV is pretty lacking. The calculation of how multiple elements are handled aren't very clear nor are they too intuitive when it comes to certain aspects. This plugin also gives way to skills and items having more than one element, battlers being able to absorb, reflect, amplify elemental damage, and more!

Download and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/10/yep-107-element-core-rpg-maker-mv/

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Another great plugin, and with that, now Yanfly has more MV plugins in his library that VX Ace scripts! Great job! :D

P.S. : Are you still planning to port the Skill Cost Gold script in Ace as a plugin? Because the poor plugin was always left last in the polls...  ;_;

Gooz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
Hello!

I have a question about yanfly's "Equip Battle Skill" plugin.

Is there a way (with a script call i guess) to check if a specific skill is actually equiped in a specific slot?

For example : if Actor1 has Skill3 equiped in slot2, it will activate Switch5?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, sounds like I won't be needing Moogle_X's Element Booster plugin anymore! :)

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
YEP.107 - Element Core

Yay I was waiting so much and having a heart attack for a Plug-In like this one for a long time; :D :D  

Nee Yanfly, I want to ask something If it's ok....  ;)

Do you Remember the Libra skill you made some time ago...

Is there a way to put in that displaying information if a Battler is able to Reflect an Element, Also which could be the correct way of also showing their Resistance to States and Ailments?

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the new plugin yanfly, especially the ability to augment the strength of specific elements very useful.

One thing I noticed though,

if I set the element to none in the skill tab then use that skill in battle it results in 0. No matter what, it ignore the formula box. If I assign any element other than none to the skill it works just fine. Not sure if its a bug or that's how its intended just figured I mention it to see if anyone else runs into that small problem.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love the new plugin yanfly, especially the ability to augment the strength of specific elements very useful.

if I set the element to none in the skill tab then use that skill in battle it results in 0. No matter what, it ignore the formula box. If I assign any element other than none to the skill it works just fine. Not sure if its a bug or that's how its intended just figured I mention it to see if anyone else runs into that small problem.

There is something seriously wrong with your project then. It works just fine for me when I set it to none and I have over 190 plugins installed.

Note: Some of them are not real plugins

plugincount.PNG

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Another great plugin, and with that, now Yanfly has more MV plugins in his library that VX Ace scripts! Great job! :D

P.S. : Are you still planning to port the Skill Cost Gold script in Ace as a plugin? Because the poor plugin was always left last in the polls...  ;_;

Perhaps in the future. I'm withholding from that plugin though, since it was pretty clear a lot of people didn't want it.

---

Hello!

I have a question about yanfly's "Equip Battle Skill" plugin.

Is there a way (with a script call i guess) to check if a specific skill is actually equiped in a specific slot?

For example : if Actor1 has Skill3 equiped in slot2, it will activate Switch5?

I've provided a list of functions in the help file. How you use it is entirely up to you.

---

From the front page and the bug report page:

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
  2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
  3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tofire