It's in both the video and help file.

* Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, and State Notetags:

*   <Element Amplify x: +y%>
 *   <Element Amplify x: -y%>
 *   <Element Amplify name: +y%>
 *   <Element Amplify name: -y%>
 *   - If the user performs a skill or item that utilizes element x (or name),
 *   increase or decrease its damage by y%. If a skill or item has multiple
 *   elements, the rate is increased additively for each element.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omg, that's what it meant then. I'm such a derp xD thanks yanfly!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly, long time no see,

I wanted to know if you can make a small update on your plugin name: YEP_VictoryAftermath

Can you please make the parameter: Battle Result Text to support variable in the window text like all other windows message.

Right now this param only support Text. Can your support more option then text inside this param and Battle Drop text param?

Why? Because I want to add variable info + icon img into the top of the Battle Screen Result.

That would be really cool to update your already great plugin with this small upgrade :D

Do you think it's possible?

Thanks for your support has always!

Val!

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP.107 - Element Core

Instructions and How to Use

Elemental control in RPG Maker MV is pretty lacking. The calculation of how multiple elements are handled aren't very clear nor are they too intuitive when it comes to certain aspects. This plugin also gives way to skills and items having more than one element, battlers being able to absorb, reflect, amplify elemental damage, and more!

Download and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/10/yep-107-element-core-rpg-maker-mv/
this plug in did it......i am officially only using yanfly plugins from this point forward......well.....i do have a couple stat distribution plug ins.......but thats a whole nother story

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly,

In regards to my post the other day about no element selected for a skill I've discovered the script bug. It only happens when set to average for multi-element selection. Basically finalRate is returning NaN when I console.log it here causing it to ignore my dmg formula.

}

}

console.log(finalRate);

if (rule === 4) finalRate /= Math.max(1, average);     
  if (finalRate === undefined) finalRate = 1.00;
  return finalRate;

};

I see to two simple ways to fix. Personally, just think you forgot to define a variable. Ehh now I look at it again maybe the second fix is better ill let you tell me I'm not 100% sure if you intended to leave var finalRate without a value.

Game_Action.prototype.calcElementRate = function(target) {
  if (!this.item()) return 1;
  var finalRate;            Typo maybe on YF, this is undefined; defining it will fix. ------->     var finalRate = 1.0; 
  var elements = this.getItemElements();
  var rule = this.item().elementMultiRule;
  var average = 0;
  while (elements.length > 0) {
    var elementId = elements.shift();
    var eleRate = target.elementRate(elementId);
    var absorbed = eleRate < 0;
    eleRate += this.subject().elementAmplifyRate(elementId);
    if (absorbed) eleRate = Math.min(eleRate, -0.01);
    if (rule === 0) { // Lowest Rate
      finalRate = finalRate || eleRate;
      finalRate = Math.min(finalRate, eleRate);
    } else if (rule === 1) { // Additive
      finalRate = finalRate || 1.00;
      eleRate -= 1.00;
      finalRate += eleRate;
    } else if (rule === 2) { // Multiplicative
      finalRate *= Math.abs(eleRate);
      if (eleRate < 0) finalRate = Math.abs(finalRate) * -1;
    } else if (rule === 3) { // Highest
      finalRate = Math.max(finalRate, eleRate);
    } else if (rule === 4) { // Average
      finalRate = finalRate || 0;
      finalRate += eleRate;
      average += 1;
    } else {
      finalRate = this.calcElementRateRule(target, elementId, finalRate,
        eleRate, rule);
    }
  }
  if (rule === 4) finalRate /= Math.max(1, average);     <---- Switching these two lines around also 
  if (finalRate === undefined) finalRate = 1.00;    <----- fixes it though more likely fix1 is what you intended.
  return finalRate;
};

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly,

In regards to my post the other day about no element selected for a skill I've discovered the script bug. It only happens when set to average for multi-element selection. Basically finalRate is returning NaN when I console.log it here causing it to ignore my dmg formula.

}

}

console.log(finalRate);

if (rule === 4) finalRate /= Math.max(1, average);     
  if (finalRate === undefined) finalRate = 1.00;
  return finalRate;

};

I see to two simple ways to fix. Personally, just think you forgot to define a variable. Ehh now I look at it again maybe the second fix is better ill let you tell me I'm not 100% sure if you intended to leave var finalRate without a value.

Game_Action.prototype.calcElementRate = function(target) {
  if (!this.item()) return 1;
  var finalRate;            Typo maybe on YF, this is undefined; defining it will fix. ------->     var finalRate = 1.0; 
  var elements = this.getItemElements();
  var rule = this.item().elementMultiRule;
  var average = 0;
  while (elements.length > 0) {
    var elementId = elements.shift();
    var eleRate = target.elementRate(elementId);
    var absorbed = eleRate < 0;
    eleRate += this.subject().elementAmplifyRate(elementId);
    if (absorbed) eleRate = Math.min(eleRate, -0.01);
    if (rule === 0) { // Lowest Rate
      finalRate = Math.min(finalRate, eleRate);
    } else if (rule === 1) { // Additive
      eleRate -= 1.00;
      finalRate += eleRate;
    } else if (rule === 2) { // Multiplicative
      finalRate *= Math.abs(eleRate);
      if (eleRate < 0) finalRate = Math.abs(finalRate) * -1;
    } else if (rule === 3) { // Highest
      finalRate = Math.max(finalRate, eleRate);
    } else if (rule === 4) { // Average
      finalRate = finalRate || 0;
      finalRate += eleRate;
      average += 1;
    } else {
      finalRate = this.calcElementRateRule(target, elementId, finalRate,
        eleRate, rule);
    }
  }
  if (rule === 4) finalRate /= Math.max(1, average);     <---- Switching these two lines around also 
  if (finalRate === undefined) finalRate = 1.00;    <----- fixes it though more likely fix1 is what you intended.
  return finalRate;
};

It'd be far more effective if you gave me a sample project that reproduces this bug.

Lorinan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this, but I've apparently reached a bit of a conundrum regarding the YEP_StealSnatch plugin when trying to work with the notetags.  I may be misunderstanding the purpose for the tags, and if I am, then I apologize for taking up people's time on this.

I'm trying to recreate the Thief's Knife from FFV, where when you attack there's a chance that you'll steal. I've tried using the <Steal Rate: +x%>, the <Steal Gold: +x%>, as well as the <Steal> tags (just to see if the property would apply to the general attack with that weapon), and none seem to work.  I am thinking I may need to look into the Weapon Unleash plugin (based off of that wonderful Flare Gun tutorial Yanfly did a bit ago), but before I start going that far in depth, I was just trying to see if maybe I'm just using the notetag incorrectly or whether they're not functioning 

All plugins are up to date as of today (6/11/2016), YEP_Stealsnatch plugin version is 1.06.

Thank you...

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stealing is a property of skills, not equipment. "Weapon Unleash" connected to a "Mug"-esque command ought to do the trick.

Lorinan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Stealing is a property of skills, not equipment. "Weapon Unleash" connected to a "Mug"-esque command ought to do the trick.
Thanks.  I'll look at taking that route then.  Appreciate the help there.

johnnycbadd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Conflict between Equip Core & Item Core

Bug Explanation: This has to do with the "Phoenix Ring" equipment demonstrated in Yanfly Tips & Tricks. The ring will reraise the user constantly and never break. If you turn the Item Core plugin off the ring will function normally, but will then crash the game at the Equip screen when using another plugin that I use (Moogle_X Equipment Learning). I have tried turning Moogle_X's plugin off entirely with the same result effecting the Phoenix Ring being between some conflict with Item Core and Equip Core. This problem started occurring when I upgraded to RMMV v1.2.0

Error Report: none.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:  Bug #1 Phoenix Ring: Simply leave all plugins turned to on position and die in battle. The ring will never break and the user will never die. (If this was an intentional effect it actually wouldn't be so bad for testing purposes lol)

Sample Project:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/aulyhyq6hj2vvum/Project1.rar?dl=0

Thank you for your time.

Kisai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm curious, in the Battle AI Core plugin, is there a way to have multiple conditions required to perform an action? I was using a difficulty plugin that uses variables to determine what difficulty is currently in place. I wanted enemies to use certain skills exclusively on certain difficulty levels, but also under certain conditions. For example, on "Very Hard", maybe an enemy would have access to Heal. But I want them to use it when their HP is low. So that would require two conditions: Switch 5 On, and HP% param <= 50% for example. Does Battle AI Core support multiple conditions to perform an action? Or was I missing something?

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Yep_MessageCore

Bug Explanation: The notetag \pn[x] does not display the party members name, as it should.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: In my sample project, I used an npc to display the name and face of Therese. \pn[2] should write out "Therese" but it doesn't do so.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://mega.nz/#!WFAhGZwK!Py8Lh_lRF2Y4nQwNzv2avjvDRgA-hPLb-x7ybTZEho4

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Yanfly,

I've noticed a conflict between your plugins YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_BaseParamControl :

Plugin Name: YEP_CoreEngine + YEP_BaseParamControl

Bug Explanation: When specifying maximum parameters value in YEP_CoreEngine plugin, they are overwritten bythe YEP_BaseParamControl plugin, as if the customMax variable was not understood by YEP_BaseParamControl

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 

- Create a new project

- Add YEP_CoreEngine.js to the plugin list

- Set Actor Max Level to 9999

- Set Actor Max HP, ActorMaxMP, Actor Parameter, Enemy MaxHP, Enemy MaxMP, Enemy Parameter to 999999999

- Add YEP_BaseParamControl.js to the plugin list, no changes

- Database, in Harold's notetag, add <Initial Level: 9999>

- Launch the game, the HP/MP are blocked at 9999 and the parameters to 999 even though they should not.

- It seems the customMax parameter in the YEP_BaseParamControl plugin is ignored (for example in MHP Maximum : customMax || (user.isActor() ? 9999 : 999999)), as it takes the 9999 value instead.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): http://www.mediafire.com/download/gj729ma4x935es1/YEP_Conflict.rar

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Plugin Name: Yep_MessageCore

Bug Explanation: The notetag \pn[x] does not display the party members name, as it should.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: In my sample project, I used an npc to display the name and face of Therese. \pn[2] should write out "Therese" but it doesn't do so.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://mega.nz/#!WFAhGZwK!Py8Lh_lRF2Y4nQwNzv2avjvDRgA-hPLb-x7ybTZEho4

Straight from the help file.

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 *  Party:      Effect:
 *    \pf[x]    - Shows face of party member x. *Note
 *    \pc[x]    - Writes out party member x's class name.
 *    \pn[x]    - Writes out party member x's nickname.
 *              *Note: Works for message window only.
 * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

---

Hello Yanfly,

I've noticed a conflict between your plugins YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_BaseParamControl :

Plugin Name: YEP_CoreEngine + YEP_BaseParamControl

Bug Explanation: When specifying maximum parameters value in YEP_CoreEngine plugin, they are overwritten bythe YEP_BaseParamControl plugin, as if the customMax variable was not understood by YEP_BaseParamControl

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 

- Create a new project

- Add YEP_CoreEngine.js to the plugin list

- Set Actor Max Level to 9999

- Set Actor Max HP, ActorMaxMP, Actor Parameter, Enemy MaxHP, Enemy MaxMP, Enemy Parameter to 999999999

- Add YEP_BaseParamControl.js to the plugin list, no changes

- Database, in Harold's notetag, add <Initial Level: 9999>

- Launch the game, the HP/MP are blocked at 9999 and the parameters to 999 even though they should not.

- It seems the customMax parameter in the YEP_BaseParamControl plugin is ignored (for example in MHP Maximum : customMax || (user.isActor() ? 9999 : 999999)), as it takes the 9999 value instead.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): http://www.mediafire.com/download/gj729ma4x935es1/YEP_Conflict.rar

Straight from the help file:

* ============================================================================
 * Introduction
 * ============================================================================
 * The base parameters, MaxHP, MaxMP, ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI, and LUK all play
 * a very important part of battle, yet, so very little control is given to the
 * developer in regards to these important stats. This plugin will give more
 * control over how the stats are handled and more.
 * Note: If you are using the Core Engine and have modified the settings there
 * for higher parameter caps, this plugin will override those settings if this
 * plugin is placed beneath the Core Engine (recommended).

---

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this, but I've apparently reached a bit of a conundrum regarding the YEP_StealSnatch plugin when trying to work with the notetags.  I may be misunderstanding the purpose for the tags, and if I am, then I apologize for taking up people's time on this.

I'm trying to recreate the Thief's Knife from FFV, where when you attack there's a chance that you'll steal. I've tried using the <Steal Rate: +x%>, the <Steal Gold: +x%>, as well as the <Steal> tags (just to see if the property would apply to the general attack with that weapon), and none seem to work.  I am thinking I may need to look into the Weapon Unleash plugin (based off of that wonderful Flare Gun tutorial Yanfly did a bit ago), but before I start going that far in depth, I was just trying to see if maybe I'm just using the notetag incorrectly or whether they're not functioning 

All plugins are up to date as of today (6/11/2016), YEP_Stealsnatch plugin version is 1.06.

Thank you...

* Skill and Item Notetags:
 *   <Steal>
 *   <Steal: +x%>
 *   <Steal: -x%>
 *   This enables the skill/item to have steal properties. Actions with steal
 *   properties will have a chance of stealing an item. This notetag applies to
 *   all item types. If you use the notetag versions with +x% or -x%, the steal
 *   rate is increased/decreased by x%.

---

With all due respect, I understand that a lot of the material I write in the help file is vast and huge. However, I don't put unimportant information in there. Please take your time to read over the helpfile of each and every plugin you use. Seeing bug reports like this suggest to me that documenting as much as I did for the helpfile was for naught, not to mention that I've shown how to use these plugin within the video tutorials themselves and that tells me that the video tutorials I've made didn't help as much as I thought they would. The creation of plugins is a very time consuming process. Documenting adds even more to that time. Making video tutorials for them extends the amount of time spent to nearly double of everything before, not to mention the money I spend for FlyingDream to edit them. If you spend just a few minutes to skim over my help file or rewatch a video tutorial I've made whenever you encounter a "problem", more than likely, you'll find the answer to what you need, and that'll be enough to justify what large amounts of time I spent to write it. Thank you for understanding.

Lorinan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

* Skill and Item Notetags:
 *   <Steal>
 *   <Steal: +x%>
 *   <Steal: -x%>
 *   This enables the skill/item to have steal properties. Actions with steal
 *   properties will have a chance of stealing an item. This notetag applies to
 *   all item types. If you use the notetag versions with +x% or -x%, the steal
 *   rate is increased/decreased by x%.
I had been using that section from the help file, but I was going off the concept that weapons were still items.  I apologize for not including that part in my question, but I had been scouring the help file and video for the last couple days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  I don't like posting questions like this in forums b/c it shows I still have a long way to go on learning the program.

However, when I use the <Steal> notetag, it doesn't ever take effect, even after setting the chance to 100%.  But as HeroicJay mentioned earlier, using the weapon unleash linked to a mug skill would probably be a better way to do this, so I'll be looking at it from that direction instead.  Plus, then I can most likely use the action scripting to trigger the effect easier and more reliably (again thanks to what you showed us from the Flare Gun).

I do appreciate all the work you put in to this, as 99% of what I want to do with my game wouldn't be possible without all the work you creators put in.  Thank you for responding as well.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I had been using that section from the help file, but I was going off the concept that weapons were still items.  I apologize for not including that part in my question, but I had been scouring the help file and video for the last couple days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  I don't like posting questions like this in forums b/c it shows I still have a long way to go on learning the program.

However, when I use the <Steal> notetag, it doesn't ever take effect, even after setting the chance to 100%.  But as HeroicJay mentioned earlier, using the weapon unleash linked to a mug skill would probably be a better way to do this, so I'll be looking at it from that direction instead.  Plus, then I can most likely use the action scripting to trigger the effect easier and more reliably (again thanks to what you showed us from the Flare Gun).

I do appreciate all the work you put in to this, as 99% of what I want to do with my game wouldn't be possible without all the work you creators put in.  Thank you for responding as well.

RPG Maker itself differentiates Items from Weapons and Armors. My plugins do no differently and my help file will reflect upon that.

As you said you're still learning the program, I will be one to suggest that you learn the program first before attempting any plugins. Plugins will not help you in learning the software any better.

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Sorry Yan, my primary language isn't English and I've mistaken the nickname for the actual name. Meanwhile, I found the correct textcode right at the top >_> Seems like I was blind yesterday.
But I'm sure, me and all the other users appreciate the time you spend for explaining it detailled to us.

I can't do much more than support you on ******* though.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi again, Yanfly. Thank you again for your help before with the reflection fix in the BattleCore plugin.

I'm currently using AutoPassiveStates to give a weapon a -3% HP Regen stat, but I only want it to affect the wielder during battle. I tried checking the "Remove at Battle End" option, but the weapon reapplies the state automatically during walking, so it seems that's not what I'm looking for.

I believe I could do this using BaseTroopEvents by performing an event that:

- checks to see if the weapon is equipped, and then...

- applies the state to the wielder, if it is...

but that seems more complicated that it might need to be. Is there something that I'm missing in the AutoPassiveStates plugin, or is that a feature it simply doesn't provide for?

Apologies if this isn't the right place of format for this (since I don't think it's a bug), but thank you for your help.

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi again, Yanfly. Thank you again for your help before with the reflection fix in the BattleCore plugin.

I'm currently using AutoPassiveStates to give a weapon a -3% HP Regen stat, but I only want it to affect the wielder during battle. I tried checking the "Remove at Battle End" option, but the weapon reapplies the state automatically during walking, so it seems that's not what I'm looking for.

I believe I could do this using BaseTroopEvents by performing an event that:

- checks to see if the weapon is equipped, and then...

- applies the state to the wielder, if it is...

but that seems more complicated that it might need to be. Is there something that I'm missing in the AutoPassiveStates plugin, or is that a feature it simply doesn't provide for?

Apologies if this isn't the right place of format for this (since I don't think it's a bug), but thank you for your help.
EliteFerrex,

Try something like this.   Place this in the state notebox

<Custom Passive Condition>

condition = false;

if ($gameParty.inBattle()) {

condition = true;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>

Should only appear in battle then with this bit of code.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EliteFerrex,

Try something like this.   Place this in the state notebox

<Custom Passive Condition>

condition = false;

if ($gameParty.inBattle()) {

condition = true;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>

Should only appear in battle then with this bit of code.
https://gyazo.com/2456d3dda26edf8094a2aa8ec275091f

Unfortunately, it still has his HP decreasing outside of battle. Not sure why, sadly. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merglu