[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

<br> doesn't work with Name Boxes. It's only meant for things you can use Word Wrap with. Name Boxes aren't included.

2. Raystorm7

Raystorm7 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian,English
    So, Its impossible to start a new line in a Name Boxe?

3. Splatterguy

Splatterguy Warper Member

First Language:
    German/English
    Hey calexder!

Maybe you can fix your problem by changing the position of the scorpion! (I had the same bug)
    Go to the Database, delete the scorpion(s), paste it back an move it a bit up, down, right or left...

The bug dissapeared after I did that!

Hope I could helped you! :)

calexder likes this.
  4. Akariu

Akariu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi,

is it somehow possible to change the command position from 3 to 5 or above at the YEP_CreditsPage plugin?

I ask because I want it selectet at last when you tab arrow down and not as 3th one. Hope it is possible^^

5. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

YEP108 - Party System >> Actor Party Switch

Features and How to Use

For games that benefit more from individual party switching, this plugin grants players the ability to switch party members on an individual basis rather than entire parties at a time mid-battle. However, actors that have just switched in and are on cooldown, required for battle, or locked in the party position cannot switch out.

You can grab the plugin here:
    Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/17/yep-108-actor-party-switch-rpg-maker-mv/

6. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All i have to say is:

WELCOME POKÉMON-LIKE PROJECTS!!!

Yanfly likes this.
  7. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Aw, I don't think I can use this plugin for my game. At least for the first game in the series, I only have four party members (five in one chapter) :(  Sorry, Yanfly! And yet it looks so cool...

I always feel bad when I end up not using or not needing a plugin you make. You put so much work into them...

Audorn likes this.
  8. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

yes yes a new element of complex strategy to add to my game.....switching in and out during battle will make my game all the more challanging :D

though how will this effect exp and jp for those not in battle at battle end if you it set where actors who arent in battle party dont get exp?

9. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    When trying to switch characters in battle, I get "Uncaught Type Error: Undecided is not a function". Testing was done in a fresh project with no other plug-ins present.Anyone else getting this error?

10. Izeck

Izeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yes. I'm having the same problem. I even made a new project with only YEP_PartySystem, YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch and still got the same error.

(I hope I'm doing this right. I've never done this before)

Plugin Name:  YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch

Bug Explanation: When trying to swap party members during battle the game crashes with the following error:  "Uncaught typeError: undefines is not a funtion"

Error Report:  Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a functionrpg_managers.js:1692 SceneManager.onError
    rpg_managers.js:1693 file:///C:/Users/Izeck/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Test%201/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch.js 575rpg_managers.js:1693 SceneManager.onError
    YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch.js:575 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a functionYEP_X_ActorPartySwitch.js:575 Scene_Battle.refreshBattleMembersYEP_X_ActorPartySwitch.js:533 Scene_Battle.processPartySwitching

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Simply enter the battle and try to switch parte members to recreated the error.

Sample Project: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52025978/RPG.rar

EDIT:

Fixed format

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  11. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i have to ask do you have the YEP core engine enabled? you need it for all plug ins

12. Izeck

Izeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

In my normal project, yes (I get the error there as well). In the sample project, no. Both give the same error.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  13. Omegadragon8

Omegadragon8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Finally got one :D  

Audorn and Yanfly like this.
  14. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian

I too have the same problem  :( ...

And yet, I tested it on a new project !!!  :headshake:

15. Yoshifull

Yoshifull Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    The latest plugin is great, I've been looking for it!

...Small thing though, I'd like to get rid of the TP gauge part since I'm not using TP in my project.

16. Shinice

Shinice Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Isn't there any way to report a bug regarding conflict in plugins?

I disregarded your #4 Instruction which is to exclude any plugins that you don't own, but it's worth a try :)

really wanted to show you this, because there is no way to fix this myself.

Plugin Name:
    ATB System (YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js)
    Moghunter's Battle HUD (MOG_BattleHud.js)

Bug Explanation: When I use Mog's Battle HUD, the ATB Notetags seem to lost its function, I don't know why.

[​IMG]
    This is the normal attack skill's notetag. I also tested other tags such as <ATB Speed: x> and Lunatic mode too.

When in battle:
    [​IMG]

The ATB Bar is the red on the right

In this battle, Harold is casting Spark with no Notetags whatsoever and

Therese and Marsha here should attack instantly because of the skill Notetag, but the <ATB Charge: +10000> didn't worked.

However, speed will make them cast it faster.
    [​IMG]

But this one seems bugged too:

[​IMG]

Spark has 500 speed in the editor.

I ordered Harold to cast Spark here, but I don't think this is from your plugin -- just an extra info.

Error Report: None.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 
    Just add any ATB notetags to any skill and see if it works with mog's HUD on.

Sample Project: Download here...

17. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes, I do. Tried in my current project and a fresh one.

18. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Shinice: You should request someone to make a patch to make those two work together. Usually incompatibile plug-ins require custom patches, and the writers themselves don't have the time to write those patches (this is usually because once they do, if the other author changes anything or updates, the patch is invalid, creating an endless cycle of patching). I'd go to the javascript forums and ask someone to write a custom patch for those for your game.

Though, in my experience, Moghunter and Yanfly plugins are usually incompatable due to the things they both change. I'd advise you to stick with one or the other.

Shinice and Yanfly like this.
  19. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Redo this.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

---

20. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

A few things.

1. If this meant as a request, then please refer to this message from the first post of this thread and this repeated post on the most recent pages this thread:

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

2. Please check ALL of your settings in RPG Maker MV. The very thing you've been asking for already exists:

[​IMG]

---

Please refer to this message from the first post of this thread and this repeated post on the most recent pages this thread:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.