[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  2. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

You can either increase your resolution or decrease the List Width in the settings.

wrigty12 likes this.
  3. Vegnarus

Vegnarus Veteran Veteran

Well, that post was kinda wasted..  :|  Yanfly, I wanted to ask again about the possibility of a Save Engine. Is that in your plans for the following weeks or are the plugins from the voting videos the only ones on the to-do list for now?

4. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ONE last thing.

It would still be awesome if you could include a way to alter the HP Cost via an HP Cost Rate tag in States in your SkillCore, similar to how there is an MP Cost Rate in the Sp-Parameter section for states.

5. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am wondering if there is ever a chance we can remove MP bars from showing up as I am strictly using TP.

I think it would be interesting if instead of using the character's sprites' heads, we could use icons instead. I know using taller sprites would just cut off.

Also, it's not game breaking but I believe that if you add a new party member and then open the party menu, the faces for the newly added characters showing your re-arranged party doesn't show up. I'll put it in brackets to clear it up a little.

• Add New Party Member
    • OpenPartyMenu
    • Just the characters who were in the party have their faces while you party is being shown. 
    • Newly added characters' faces don't show up.
    Update for the images not appearing: It appears that the face/sprite needs to have been shown before in-game (using faces in messages and showing the character sprite is one, but what if you decide not to use faces in a message? This would cause the issue to occur.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  6. Tenryuga

Tenryuga Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi I was wondering if you were considering making your victory aftermath script like vx ace where it would include actor quotes as well as a window that shows stat increases and skills learned upon level up.

Sol Rising likes this.
  7. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    WOW! You going crazy on producing plugins! Thumbs up! :rock-right:  

Love the party system, though I'd prefer if in battle only one character could be replaced by turn. At least for the ATB system. Like in FFX.
    Would that be possible for a future update?

Regards Lupi.

8. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    What is it that I do ????

9. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Eventually, yes. I'll have to get around to it. :) I plan on making a plugin extension where it can make certain skill costs for HP, MP, and TP function more customizably.

To remove the MP bars, use the Swap Gauges from Skill Core. Replace the 2nd Gauge with TP and 3rd Gauge set to none or just hide it within the Database System settings.

I can add icon support. I just thought the characters would be a bit cuter~

Hmmm, I thought I fixed that issue with the loading. Darn asynch messing everything up.

Eventually, yes.

I'll be making that a separate plugin. For that, it's better to just have an inbattle menu rather than leaving it and entering the party menu itself.

Lupinos likes this.
  10. ArkDG

ArkDG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    portuguese
    About the message core, agian, are there escape codes for alignment? \a[c], \a[r], etc? On the help of the script I didn't find instructions for this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Not currently.

12. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Visual HP Gauge

Features and How to Use

Want to display HP gauges visibly on enemies? And possibly even your allies? Want to give certain enemies different color HP gauges or make it longer than usual? Or make it required that enemies must be defeated first before showing their HP gauge? Well, now you can!

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/21/yep-30-visual-hp-gauges/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_BattleEngineCore.

Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_BattleEngineCore in the plugin list.

This plugin shows the HP Gauges of enemies as they’re selected or while they take damage. You can also opt for actors to show their HP Gauge as well. Adjust the parameters to change the way you want the HP Gauges to appear.

By default, enemies would need to be defeated first in order for the gauges to show up. This can be changed within the parameter settings. However, during battle test, the HP gauges are always shown unless the enemy has a hidden HP gauge.

Notetags

Class and Enemy Notetags:

<Hide HP Gauge>

This HP gauge will always be hidden if this notetag is present.

<Show HP Gauge>

This HP gauge will always be shown if this notetag is present while the target is selected or taking damage.

<HP Gauge Width: x>

This will set the battler’s HP Gauge width to x pixels. However, if this width is less than the minimum width, minimum width will take priority.

<HP Gauge Height: x>

This set’s the HP Gauge height to x pixels.

<HP Gauge Back Color: x>

This changes the HP Gauge’s back color to x text color.

<HP Gauge Color 1: x>

This changes the HP Gauge’s color 1 to x text color.

<HP Gauge Color 2: x>

This changes the HP Gauge’s color 2 to x text color.

Lupinos, Kenen and -YS- like this.
  13. Black Noise

Black Noise Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Error Report: Yanfly's Critical Control Plug-in

I just got this error, whenever an enemy attacks an actor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How did this error come to happen in the first place?

I was experimenting with the plug-in together with Bobstah's Custom Stats plug-in.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48551-bobstahs-custom-stats-132/

So I created a new stat to be used partially to influence the Critical hit rate, called "Dexterity" (or "dex") together with the Luck(luk) parameter.

CRITICAL RATE FORMULA

rate = user.cri + (user.luk * (1 - 0.5) + user.dex * (1 - 0.5) * (1 - target.cev);

(What I was trying to do is add half of the Luck and Dexterity attributes to the Critical Rate as opposed to the whole of these two stats, just

to balance it out, otherwise the player would be scoring Critical hits too often).

Flat Critical Formula

value += ((baseDamage > 0) ? 1 : -1) * 1.5 * bonus;

(As you can see, I removed the luk parameter. I'm not sure how this helps, but you never know).

14. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Are you able to use dex in the damage formulas, let alone the the critical rate formula?

15. MaxLionheart

MaxLionheart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Great plugins again Yan :) Can't wait to test them out later today!! Thanks :) :)

I've got a little question for you! In your Battle Core Script on VX Ace, there were a couple of options to show a popup when a character/enemy would get hit by an element that would show either Weakness, Resist, Immune, Absorb, etc. above the damage popup.

I was wondering if you planned to make something of the like for MV? Thanks!

(Or maybe there's alre​ady something like this and I'm just blind...)

16. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

I'm planning on it, but for now, I'm working on the more mechanical aspects first.

MaxLionheart likes this.
  17. VHStapes

VHStapes Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is probably a really newbie issue but what system are we supposed to be using to discern what colors are equal to which numbers for the HP Gauges? It doesn't seem to take hex, it wants a 2-digit number and from just randomly throwing numbers into it I can't figure out how to get red.

18. JahwsUF

JahwsUF Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Taking a look at this, I'm left with one question.  Is it possible to have this disabled by default, but enabled when a character in the battle party has a special trait or state?  (Kind of like Libra from FFXII.)

19. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Yanfly, I have a question for your new Visual HP plugin:

Would there be any way to include an option for the HP to be displayed in the form of text/numbers instead of a bar?

(I know that sounds like an awful downgrade, but humor me.)

Having these numbers 'tick down' in the same way that bars decrease in length would be amazing.

If you're wondering how this deviates from the standard damage popups: damage popups show you the exact amount of damage that has been dealt, whereas this would instead show the target's HP rapidly ticking down from its pre-attack total to its post-attack total.

20. Black Noise

Black Noise Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just after I read your post, I just tested it in the Damage formulas.

Yes, it works.

Also, I tweaked the Critical Rate Formula and it started working properly again.

Although another solution was that I added the Dexterity stat to the monsters, which I didn't think of doing until now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.