Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Plugin Name: YEP_VictoryAftermath

Bug Explanation: Not sure if it is a bug.  When I use YEP_VictoryAftermath in conjunction with the HIME_ExpTables plugin by HimeWorks, I get a crash when the victory window opens up, after the SE plays and the faces are displayed.

Error Report: TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.
    at TypeError (native)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/rpg_core.js:791:24)
    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:616:41)
    at Window_VictoryExp.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1428:17)
    at Window_VictoryExp.drawExpGauge (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:635:10)
    at Window_VictoryExp.drawActorGauge (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:595:10)
    at Window_VictoryExp.drawItemGauge (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:573:10)
    at Window_VictoryExp.drawAllGauges (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:554:41)
    at Window_VictoryExp.updateTicks (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:547:10)
    at Window_VictoryExp.update (file:///D:/Documents/RMMV/Demo/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:536:36)rpg_managers.js:1722 SceneManager.catchExceptionrpg_managers.js:1683 SceneManager.update

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Enable both YEP_VictoryAftermath and HIME_ExpTables then complete a battle.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26521500/Demo.7z

I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place, but I wanted to bring this to your attention.  I realize that the ExpTables plugin is not yours and I am more than willing to try and fix this error myself (I don't code in Java, so if you could point me in the right direction!).  I am absolutely loving your plugins and if Kadokawa does not hire you to code the game engine for the next RM, they are dumb :)  .  I find it MUCH easier to use a table for my exp list than to A. try and create a curve that I like in RMMV, or B. try to figure out a formula for your Class Base Parameters plugin.  I have included the latest version of Hime's plugin in the demo.  Hopefully its a minor fix, I'm guessing your plugin is trying to read a variable that Hime's plugin changes.  If I am posting this wrong, please tell me and I just wont use the Victory Aftermath screen (But I REALLY want to!!! :(  ).  Keep up the hard work, I'm looking forward to the next version of YEP!!!
From the front page/top of this page:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

Last edited by a moderator:

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I figured that.  I'm going to repost in another forum and see if the community can finger this one out.  Thanks again!!!

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

I have a problem understanding how independent items work. In Item core, I've limited the number of weapons to 10. So if I have 5 weapons, they appear as 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 and so on...

I expected that when I obtained an eleventh weapon, there would be something that would tell me "maximum number of weapon reached, please discard one" (something like that) but actually, I obtained the weapon. Although the 11/10 weapon was greyed out, I didn't see any difference : I could still equip it without a problem, or modify it with augments (another plugin for independent items by yanfly).

Is this normal ? What is the difference then and what does the limit do ?

Thanks for any explanation.

Edit :

Add-on Request (for an already existing plugin) :

I hope it's not out of the way to ask it here, but I would like to ask for a new finctionality in the "enemy levels" plugin (it could also be made to the extra enemy drops) : I would like to have new notetags that would allow the enemy to drop new things when the enemy's level gets higher. It would look like how it works in final fantasy 8. If this could also work with the steal and snatch plugin, it would be perfect.

Thank you for your time and I hope it wasn't rude of me to ask.

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

I have a problem understanding how independent items work. In Item core, I've limited the number of weapons to 10. So if I have 5 weapons, they appear as 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 and so on...

I expected that when I obtained an eleventh weapon, there would be something that would tell me "maximum number of weapon reached, please discard one" (something like that) but actually, I obtained the weapon. Although the 11/10 weapon was greyed out, I didn't see any difference : I could still equip it without a problem, or modify it with augments (another plugin for independent items by yanfly).

Is this normal ? What is the difference then and what does the limit do ?

Thanks for any explanation.

From the Item Core Plug-In Page :

Hello, I am aware that Independent Items have a “maximum” amount. This “maximum” amount only serves to limit the player from buying too many items and filling up the inventory with junk. Gaining items through any other method, such as events and battle drops are still allowed.

Now, why is this? Because not every scenario can be envisioned by the developer. In most cases, the developer can be short sighted and may not be aware of the player’s inventory limits at the time. So, to mitigate this, I made it possible for the player to go above the limit but only through events and battle drops.

Why those two? Because of key items. Key items, if given by events and/or battle drops, are a necessity to progress in a game. Should the developer be unaware of the player’s inventory and provide a key item that cannot be inserted into the inventory, the player will be locked out of the game through no fault of their own. So to prioritize the player, this system is enabled.

Therefore, it is functioning as intended as a way to work as a fail safe for the sake of the player incase of any developer shortsight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit :

Add-on Request (for an already existing plugin) :

I hope it's not out of the way to ask it here, but I would like to ask for a new finctionality in the "enemy levels" plugin (it could also be made to the extra enemy drops) : I would like to have new notetags that would allow the enemy to drop new things when the enemy's level gets higher. It would look like how it works in final fantasy 8. If this could also work with the steal and snatch plugin, it would be perfect.

Thank you for your time and I hope it wasn't rude of me to ask.

Sorry, but:

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi, I have a question regarding the Save core plugin!

When I make it so that the location of the player gets shown the plugin shows the "Name" Not the "Display Name" .

I guess this intentional but the problem is that I dont want the "name" to be shown but the "Display Name" because the "Name"s I give my map are either in german ( The Display Names are in english) Or beause the "Name" has spoilers is them like "House before big Idiot burns everything down" ( not actual name but you get it).

Is there a way to make the "Location" the "display name", not the "Name"? 

Hi I have a question about the Battle AI plugin!

I have an enemy that can give it self the state "Fire Seal" ( ID: 56).

Once he has that state you can use the attack skill "Fire claw".

But how do I make this with the battle AI plugin?

As far as I understood it the option to check for a certain state only checks the state of the TARGET not the user of the skill.

How can I check if the user of a skill has a certain state or , while we are at it, has only lets say 50% HP left  ( for "drain" attacks)?

Can someone help me with these?

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi I have a question about the Battle AI plugin!

I have an enemy that can give it self the state "Fire Seal" ( ID: 56).

Once he has that state you can use the attack skill "Fire claw".

But how do I make this with the battle AI plugin?

As far as I understood it the option to check for a certain state only checks the state of the TARGET not the user of the skill.

How can I check if the user of a skill has a certain state or , while we are at it, has only lets say 50% HP left  ( for "drain" attacks)?

For this one, from the Battle A.I. Core Plug-In page :

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 EVAL eval
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This allows you to use any kind of code to check and fulfill a condition. This condition uses all alive members of the skill’s scope as valid targets.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Example: Eval user.name() === ‘Bat A’: Skill 10, Highest HP%
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You can use the eval to check anyone for pretty much any conditions using JavaScript.

(This Google sheet may be of help)

Hi, I have a question regarding the Save core plugin!

When I make it so that the location of the player gets shown the plugin shows the "Name" Not the "Display Name" .

I guess this intentional but the problem is that I dont want the "name" to be shown but the "Display Name" because the "Name"s I give my map are either in german ( The Display Names are in english) Or beause the "Name" has spoilers is them like "House before big Idiot burns everything down" ( not actual name but you get it).

Is there a way to make the "Location" the "display name", not the "Name"? 

I was actually curious about this one, and unfortunately (at least to my knowledge) you cannot get it to show the Display Name from the settings available.

I double checked the Plug-In itself, and it is coded to pull the $dataMapInfos[x].name instead of the $dataMapInfos[x].displayName.

While this is technically a Plug-In request (sorry @Yanfly), I think this may need to change for simplicity's sake, considering players will never actually even see the name for maps, but rather the display name.

KamiSawZe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Yanfly, I was wondering if you worked on the battle-back bug I reported.  If not, that's fine, I'm probably going to switch back to using battlebacks anyway.  I like the idea of seeing the map like Chrono Trigger, but more often than not in MV it just looks kinda awkward to see larger version of everybody standing on top of fences and trees.  So unless @RedAkerston (or anyone else) is super keen on getting a solution, I'll withdraw my request.  Sorry if I wasted your time.  :(

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Hikitsune-Red

Thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately my  JavaScript  knowledge is zero so I cant use the Eval and will have to find some other way :/

As for the other thing, I am glad that I didnt overlooked something XD

Thanks again!

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @Yanfly, I was wondering if you worked on the battle-back bug I reported.  If not, that's fine, I'm probably going to switch back to using battlebacks anyway.  I like the idea of seeing the map like Chrono Trigger, but more often than not in MV it just looks kinda awkward to see larger version of everybody standing on top of fences and trees.  So unless @RedAkerston (or anyone else) is super keen on getting a solution, I'll withdraw my request.  Sorry if I wasted your time.  :(

If this is the issue I think it is, I believe Yanfly has this fixed (according to the Changelog, nearer the bottom):

Battle Engine Core: v1.36b
– Skills and items that affect both HP and MP will now show popups for both.
– Fixed a bug where the help window would retain descriptions on no skills.
– Synched up weapons with actor sprites so they would occur simultaneously.
– Fixed an issue where requesting certain motions from enemies that don’t exist would cause them to crash.
– Added ‘Wait for Effect’ action sequence.
– Actions now wait for effects (such as collapsing) to be done before continuing on with battle or to end battle.
– Fixed a bug where popups didn’t show under certain animation types.
– Fixed certain battler motions from not refreshing correctly.
– Fixed a bug where the help window on an empty slot would show the previous skill’s message.
– Added new target typing: Character X, which allows you to select specifically the actor with an actor ID of X if he/she/it is in the party.
– Fixed a bug that prevented Miss and Evade popups from showing.
– Fixed a bug that causes dead actors at the start of battle to not spawn.
– Optimized status window to refresh at a minimum.
– Set up frame work for future plugins:
– Added ‘Escape Ratio’ and ‘Fail Escape Boost’ to parameters to allow users to set the escape ratio they want.
– Added ‘Front Sprite Priority’ and ‘Side Sprite Priority’ to parameters to dictate if actor sprites are always on top.
– Added ‘Tick-Settings’ category for tick-based battle systems.
– Fixed a bug where battlers gaining HP/MP in the damage formula for themselves wouldn’t trigger popups.
– Fixed a bug where if the party failed to escape from battle, states that would be removed by battle still get removed. *Fixed by Emjenoeg*
– Fixed a bug where instant death skills didn’t work.
– Changed Sprite Priority settings to decide whether actors, enemies, or neither would always be on top.
– Fixed a undefined actor bug for refreshing the status window.
– Added ‘Show Shadows’ parameter to the plugin settings.
– Removed immortal state dependancy. Immortality is now its own setting.
– Added more abbreviated variables for action speed calculation.
– Fixed a bug where all-scope attacks would reveal Appear-Halfway enemies.
– Fixed a bug where the battle wouldn’t end if the final enemy was killed by state damage.
– Fixed a bug that didn’t show HP/MP Regeneration.
– If the Battle HUD has been hidden for whatever reason during the victory sequence, it will be returned.
– Added new conditions where the battle won’t end until all action sequences have been fulfilled.
– Fixed a bug that made battlebacks disappear.
– Reworked visual enemy selection.
– Victory phase doesn’t immediately display level up changes in battle status window.
– Fixed a bug with the visual enemy select showing dead enemy names.
– Fixed a bug with Forced Actions locking out the battle.
– New mechanic: For tick-based battle systems, states with action-end will go down in turns based on how many actions took place for the actor instead. Previously, they were indistinguishable from states with Turn End removal.
– New mechanic: Using Instant Skills/Items from YEP_InstantCast.js will also cause states with action-end to go down in turns upon using actions.
– Updated default home position formula to better fit other party sizes.
—New Home Position X: screenWidth – 16 – (maxSize + 2) * 32 + index * 32
—New Home Position Y: screenHeight – statusHeight – maxSize * 48 + (index+1) * 48 – 16
– Fixed a bug revolving the status window not updating.
– Fixed an issue with mirrored enemies having mirrored state icons.
– Fixed a visual error with flinching sprites.
– Added ‘Current Max’ parameter to change HP current/max display in battle.
– Mechanic change for states that update on Action End to end at the end of a battler’s turn instead of at the start.
– Began preparations for another battle system.
– Fixed a bug with action end states to remove multiple at once.
– Fixed a bug with irregular targeting scopes.
– Fixed an MV-related bug with Recover All event not refreshing battlers.
– Added <Attack Animation: x> notetag for enemies.
– Added ‘AI Self Turns’ for Tick-Based Battles. Enemies can now have their A.I. revolve around their own individual turns rather than the battle’s.
– Mechanic change for states. Following suit with the change to Action End removal, there are now two more conditions added: Action Start, Turn Start.
– Added <Action Start: x>, <Action Start: x to y>, <Turn Start: x>, and <Turn Start: x to y> notetags for automatic state removal.
– Fixed a bug where revived actors using instant cast aren’t properly set to use actions immediately.
– Fixed a bug where states Action End weren’t going down properly with DTB.
– Fixed a bug within MV that caused Forced Actions at Turn End to prompt and trigger all turn-end related activities (such as regeneration and state turn updating).
– Made a mechanic change so that Action Start and Action End state turns do not update their turns through forced actions.
– Fixed a bug that didn’t regenerate HP/MP/TP properly for tick-based.
– Implemented a Forced Action queue list. This means if a Forced Action takes place in the middle of an action, the action will resume after the forced action finishes rather than cancels it out like MV does.
– Added failsafes for Forced Action queues.
– Fixed a bug that caused End Turn events to not function properly.
– Added ‘Show Select Box’ parameter when selecting enemies.
– Battle animations, by default, are positioned relative to the base bitmap for its target sprite. However, actor sprites do not have a base bitmap and therefore, battle animations, regardless of position, will always target the actor sprite’s feet. This update now gives actor sprites a base bitmap.
– Readjusted sprite width and sprite height calculations.
– Added a failsafe for when no sideview actor graphics are used.
– Added ‘Mouse Over’ parameter to Selection Help. This parameter enables mouse users to simply hover over the enemy to select them rather than having to click an enemy twice to select them.
– Mechanic change. This will only affect those using turn-based state timing mechanics. Turn End state updates are now shifted from Turn End to occur at Regeneration timing to have a more synchronized aspect. The timings are very close so there’s next to no notice in difference. Buff turn updates are also moved to the regeneration timing, too.
– Fixed a bug if instant casting a skill that would make an opponent battler to force an action to end incorrectly. Thanks to DoubleX for the fix.
– Fixed a bug with mouse over not working properly.
– Fixed a bug regarding forced actions that will cause the battle to freeze if the forced action causes the main active subject to leave the battle.
– Fixed a bug with timed states not updating their turns properly.
– Changed priority of IF action sequences to higher to no longer interfere other action sequences.
– Fixed a bug with the ‘else if’ action sequences not working in the right order of sequence conditions.
– Optimization update.
– Fixed a bug that prevented added state effects be unable to apply if they are an added Death state.
– Battlelog lines are now able to display text codes.
– States with Action End now have a unique trait to them where if the caster of the state is the current active battler (subject) and if the state is then applied on the user itself, they will gain a ‘free turn’. The ‘free turn’ is to mitigate the user from losing 1 duration of the turn since with an Action End timing, they would lose the benefit of being under the state for that turn’s timing.
– Added failsafes for Free Turns in case other plugins have overwritten the on battle start functions.
– Added a compatibility update to Animated SV Enemies for dead motion.
– Fixed a bug that caused a crash when an actor died.
– Added a motion engine to be used for future plugins.
– Preparation for a future plugin.
– <Anchor X: y.z> and <Anchor Y: y.z> notetags for actors are now extended to actors, classes, weapons, armors, and states.
– Added <Display Text: x> and <Display Icon: x> notetags for skills and items. These notetags will alter the display name shown and icon shown respectively while performing a skill.
– Switched Magic Reflect checking order with Counterattack checking order. This is to give priority to reflected actions over countered actions.
– Updated for RPG Maker MV version 1.1.0.
– Fixed a bug where ‘NOT FOCUS’ targets were not including dead members.
– Fixed a bug where using NOT FOCUS would cause dead targets to be visible.
– Scopes that target a dead ally will automatically target the first dead ally now. Scopes that target all dead allies will lock onto the first dead ally. This will hopefully provide less confusion amongst playing.
– Added anti-crash measure for sprite bitmaps.
– Added anti-crash measure for faux actions.
– Added anti-crash measure to prevent non-existant animations from playing.
– Added a check that prevents hidden battlers from appearing when using certain action sequences.

– Made an update for the battle background image snaps when there is no battleback being used. This will prevent the player party and enemy troop from appearing in the background snapshot when entering menus mid-battle.
– ‘Death Break’ action sequence now only triggers upon dead status and not an ‘or 0 HP’ condition.
– Updated Forced Action sequencing for more efficiency.
– ‘Action Times+’ traits now work properly for DTB again.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hikitsune-Red

Thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately my  JavaScript  knowledge is zero so I cant use the Eval and will have to find some other way :/

As for the other thing, I am glad that I didnt overlooked something XD

Thanks again!
You can use the eval tag without knowing much about javascript.

Eval: user.isStateAffected(x) == 1: Skill 10, Highest HP%

That should make an enemy use skill 10 on the highest Hp target if he has state x on himself. Change the x to the state your fire seal is. Modify as needed.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
For this one, from the Battle A.I. Core Plug-In page :

You can use the eval to check anyone for pretty much any conditions using JavaScript.

(This Google sheet may be of help)

I was actually curious about this one, and unfortunately (at least to my knowledge) you cannot get it to show the Display Name from the settings available.

I double checked the Plug-In itself, and it is coded to pull the $dataMapInfos[x].name instead of the $dataMapInfos[x].displayName.

While this is technically a Plug-In request (sorry @Yanfly), I think this may need to change for simplicity's sake, considering players will never actually even see the name for maps, but rather the display name.

This is primarily due to the fact that $dataMapInfos does not contain the display name of the map, only the name. $dataMap is the only place you can get the display name, but $dataMap varies each time a map is loaded.

---

If I've responded to you before in the past, most likely, I've taken note of your report provided that you've followed the instructions I've given to file a bug report. If you have, then the best you can do is to wait patiently and keep an eye out on Yanfly.moe for whenever plugins get updated and bug fixed. This thread goes really really fast, so for me to go back and respond to each and every report that a fix has been made makes it more problematic. You'll have to keep tabs on Yanfly.moe.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi everyone.....this isnt a bug report but a quick info cuase it cuaght me off guard

when using yanfly's battle cursor plug in make sure to have the image in your picture folder for the cursor you want other wise you see an error everytime you start an encounter

i didnt check and just wanted to point it out to those who dont know already

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question about the icon generator:

The load screen when you first open it seems to be a lot more functional than the default, as it shows the files as they're being loaded. Is this a plugin that is available somewhere, or is this something that was set up specifically for the icon generator?

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Quick question about the icon generator:

The load screen when you first open it seems to be a lot more functional than the default, as it shows the files as they're being loaded. Is this a plugin that is available somewhere, or is this something that was set up specifically for the icon generator?

This was something I made specifically for the icon generator. Because the amount of resources used by the icon generator is massive (several hundred per category totaling up to several thousand), even if the program runs locally, it would take some time to get everything working. Sadly, the plugin won't work anywhere else but the Icon Generator, although I may make something similar to it in the future.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

To make a bug report, simply report it in this thread. Chances are, I will find out about the bug in this thread than by making one in the JS Support forum.

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
  2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
  3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS

The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DTB). They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.

• If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.
  • If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.
  • If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your 
  • In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.

If all of these issues are beyond you, then I'm afraid the ATB and CTB plugins aren't for you. As a developer, it is your responsibility to understand the plugins and systems you are using. You are not doing your players any favor by using a system that you, yourself, do not fully comprehend. I will not educate anyone how ATB and CTB systems work. My plugins work based on the ATB and CTB systems of existing Final Fantasy games with slight tweaks to fit RPG Maker MV's system. Please study them on your own accord.
Top of the page :p  

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Void Shift (World of WarCraft) - RPG Maker MV

The ability, Void Shift, from World of WarCraft allows the user and the target to swap HP percentages. If the lower of the percentages is below 25%, raise it to 25%. You can now recreate this effect in RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/29/tips-tricks-void-shift-world-of-warcraft-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is primarily due to the fact that $dataMapInfos does not contain the display name of the map, only the name. $dataMap is the only place you can get the display name, but $dataMap varies each time a map is loaded.

Ah. I was wondering if there was a reason behind this. Thanks for the clarification, as I have yet to mess around with those.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your

This is assuming by CTB you mean like the one from FFX

Why not make it such that each battler has already a calculated "amount of updates to next turn" then every update evaluate which battler has the lowest amount, make him take his turn and reduce all of their amounts by that.. This way every turn takes only 1 update and one check no matter how much AGI values the battlers have instead of the possibility to update thousands of times before the next turn. You might also have to adjust the state cycles to take exactly turns instead of basing from the updates though.

Just from sheer curiosity, didn't check the full script btw. :)

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
This is assuming by CTB you mean like the one from FFX

Why not make it such that each battler has already a calculated "amount of updates to next turn" then every update evaluate which battler has the lowest amount, make him take his turn and reduce all of their amounts by that.. This way every turn takes only 1 update and one check no matter how much AGI values the battlers have instead of the possibility to update thousands of times before the next turn. You might also have to adjust the state cycles to take exactly turns instead of basing from the updates though.

Just from sheer curiosity, didn't check the full script btw. :)

Because that's not how a clocktick system works. Your method would cause a lot of things to not calculate properly:

• States expiring midway through, which, if they altered AGI, would cause severe problems with the accuracy of the system
  • Skipping regularly timed events that occur upon certain clockticks, which if they were to happen all at once upon at once, would cause accuracy problems with the system, too
  • And delayed actions would not function and launch at the times they're supposed to as they are not AGI based, but clocktick based.
  • More, but I'm not going to list them all.

I'll repeat once again, your best bet is to raise the AGI values of your game or change the plugin parameters to fit your AGI values. If neither of these are an option for you, then CTB is not the system for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ToxicAlien68