omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
From the front page/top of this page:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.
I actually figured it out.  If YEP_EngineCore does not have the same max level set as you configure in HIME_ExpTables, you get the error when a character reaches what should be the max level according to ExpTables, but EngineCore doesn't agree.  Just wanted to put that out there!  Thanks!!!

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question about the ATB system plugin. Is there a way to have the ATB gauge filled a random about at the start of the battle? Starting from 0 is great and all, but i think that might create a bit of monotony as the character with the highest agility will perpetually go first every time whereas with a random amount filled you might have a case where the slowest enemy in the game could go before the fastest.

Tsaiuki North

Eyes Of Thirteen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having a problem with the Yep.58 Item Synthesis....

Nothing appears in the synthesis window except "Finish"

I have the recipe set up with what i thought was correct:

The slot 1 weapon is a wood sword.

item 2 is a wood log. 

I've activated the synthesis window via an event and plugin command.

I have made sure both the recipe and the wood log are in the player inventory, but all i'm getting is "Finish".

What have i done wrong?

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question about the ATB system plugin. Is there a way to have the ATB gauge filled a random about at the start of the battle? Starting from 0 is great and all, but i think that might create a bit of monotony as the character with the highest agility will perpetually go first every time whereas with a random amount filled you might have a case where the slowest enemy in the game could go before the fastest.
Under the ATB plugin's general settings is an Initial Speed option which is set to 0 as default. This can be changed to a formula processed as an evaluation. You can just set a random amount or have it based on a random percentage of the character's agility. The formula is up to you.

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Under the ATB plugin's general settings is an Initial Speed option which is set to 0 as default. This can be changed to a formula processed as an evaluation. You can just set a random amount or have it based on a random percentage of the character's agility. The formula is up to you.

So, i understand what you're saying, but i have no clue how to structure and implement any of that. Can you give me an example formula?

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Tsaiuki North The <Synthesis Indigents> part has to go into the note box of the item you want to make, in your case in the notebox of the wooden sword.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RLFHOG3 Sorry I am terrible with java script formulas, and usually have to try them many times over (away from my pc right now). Perhaps someone else here can message you one or you can try asking in the script support forum, since this is a Bug Report/Update forum :)  

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Omegadragon8 Fair enough. I'll see if someone has something over in the scripting forum.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using IF, ELSE IF, ElSE statements in action sequences, is there a way to check if a User of a skill is a specific Actor?

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Then I guess make it : 

Code:
Math.randomInt(1000)

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1000 didn't quite do it but it i did notice a small change. so i upped it to 5000 and that seemed to do it.

supported theory is that Full gauge is described as : Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)

So a random value between 1 and 5000 seems reasonable and it works great.

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
glad I could help despite my forgetfulness on the total gauge amount xDDDD

Oh, in case you wanna up to lowest RNG generated just add more numbers behind it

e.g: 

Math.randomInt(5000)+1000

That will generate 1000-5000 starting RNG. Without "+1000", it generates number of 0-5000, just to let you know there's 1/5001 chance of 0 appearing. 

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Jump (Final Fantasy 4) - RPG Maker MV

Jump, a skill used by Dragoons from the Final Fantasy series, is a skill that launches the user up into the sky for a few turns. After those turns are up, the user lands on the target dealing significant damage. While the user is up in the air, the user becomes unselectable, making the user immune to damage and status effects.

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/07/02/tips-tricks-jump-final-fantasy-4-rpg-maker-mv/

Happy jumping!

Last edited by a moderator:

HitYourGrandma

Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yanfly

You got the notetags for the Land skill and Jump state mixed up here for the Jump Tips & Tricks.

HitYourGrandma

Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In either Target Core or Selection Core (maybe something different?), is there a way to check if an enemy or actor was selected using the <Enemy or Actor Select> or the <Actor or Enemy Select> notetags?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedChaosify