HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, your "Jump" skill has some things in common with how I did it in my demo, though I used a non-Yanfly plugin to assist with my own, including things like using Opacity 0 to hide the character. Coincidence?

I might use aspects of your version in the long run anyway, since the non-Yanfly plugin I used has bug when trying to select allied units while some are unselectable.

Caxlb

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report - Actors still starting battle in weird positions in SV

Plugin Name: Most likely in Actor Party Switch.

Bug Explanation: Actors with larger actor ids are starting battles at strange y-coordinates. Possibly linked to their id or index?

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Load the save file, I have created a new game with minimal plugins, using the same settings as my own project. I entered a battle and used the party switch to swap actors for ones with a bigger id. If you load the save file and enter a new battle you should see the bug. All plugins up to date, MV version is 1.2.0. I have made the screen wider with the core engine, but bug still occurs at default resolution.

Party System 1.09 update hasn't resolved the problem. I have updated the sample project with the up to date plugins.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w64wa2zywprlc5/Party%20Switch%20Test.rar?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

To make a bug report, simply report it in this thread. Chances are, I will find out about the bug in this thread than by making one in the JS Support forum.

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
  2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
  3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS

The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DTB). They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.

• If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.
  • If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.
  • If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your 
  • In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.

If all of these issues are beyond you, then I'm afraid the ATB and CTB plugins aren't for you. As a developer, it is your responsibility to understand the plugins and systems you are using. You are not doing your players any favor by using a system that you, yourself, do not fully comprehend. I will not educate anyone how ATB and CTB systems work. My plugins work based on the ATB and CTB systems of existing Final Fantasy games with slight tweaks to fit RPG Maker MV's system. Please study them on your own accord. 

TERMS OF USE

Any original material made by Yanfly is free for use with both free and commercial RPG Maker games unless specified otherwise. I do not demand royalties or special liberties if you choose to use Yanfly original content in your commercial games. (Although a free copy of your game would be nice!) I only ask that you provide “Yanfly” or “Yanfly Engine” a spot in your game’s credits.

Any edits made to Yanfly original material are okay as long as you still provide the proper credit. Any non-Original content posted, linked, or shared on my website and channel will still require you to contact the respective parties for permission of use.

I think this is simple. I’d like to keep it simple. I ask of you, as users, to please do not do things that will make me complicate it for everyone.

Hey Yanfly, hope you get to feelin' better :)  In the meantime...Yay more tips and tricks :D  

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Huh, your "Jump" skill has some things in common with how I did it in my demo, though I used a non-Yanfly plugin to assist with my own, including things like using Opacity 0 to hide the character. Coincidence?

I might use aspects of your version in the long run anyway, since the non-Yanfly plugin I used has bug when trying to select allied units while some are unselectable.

Perhaps. Though the reason I used opacity 0 is because the shadow stays there otherwise. It'd then look odd with the shadow teleporting over the target.

---

Bug Report - Actors still starting battle in weird positions in SV

Plugin Name: Most likely in Actor Party Switch.

Bug Explanation: Actors with larger actor ids are starting battles at strange y-coordinates. Possibly linked to their id or index?

Error Report: N/A

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Load the save file, I have created a new game with minimal plugins, using the same settings as my own project. I entered a battle and used the party switch to swap actors for ones with a bigger id. If you load the save file and enter a new battle you should see the bug. All plugins up to date, MV version is 1.2.0. I have made the screen wider with the core engine, but bug still occurs at default resolution.

Party System 1.09 update hasn't resolved the problem. I have updated the sample project with the up to date plugins.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w64wa2zywprlc5/Party%20Switch%20Test.rar?dl=0

Thanks, I figured it out. But next time, do not just insert a save file. It doesn't let me figure out what is the problem. I need the steps from start to finish as to why it happens.

oToToToToTo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sure that there is a simple reason this isn't working, but I'm trying to make a skill that removes a category of states and then deals extra damage if a state was removed, or normal damage if it wasn't.

<damage formula>
value = a.atk * 2;
if (target.isStateCategoryAffected(‘Stance’)){
value *= 5.0;
target.removeStateCategoryAll(‘Stance’);
target.startAnimation(230);
} else {
value *= 1;
}
</damage formula>

So far I've changed "target" with both "b" and "battler" with none of them working properly.

HitYourGrandma

Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@oToToToToTo

Shouldn't you reference the state ID?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Don't mind me. (Didn't see it was a state category and thought it was a state.)

oToToToToTo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@oToToToToTo

Shouldn't you reference the state ID?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Don't mind me. (Didn't see it was a state category and thought it was a state.)

Yeah, single states I can remove easily enough. I can't figure out how to get the category removal + damage if removing a category vs not removing one.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Swap Enemies also gets a feature update: if a swap enemy swaps into another swap enemy, it will then draw out a swap target from that enemy for up to 100 loops.

What does this mean?

Tr4sh-C4n

The garbage of love
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heya everybody ! I'm sorry to appear all a sudden, but I'm having some issues with the Action sequence pack 2 :

I had the idea for a skill; it would be a "dunk" dealing TONS of damage to one target but to make it a bit balanced, the user will be unable to do anything for the next turn ( , two turns laters, the user will get back on track ). The skill is working, the animations too, but the thing is that the states suposed to stun the user won't go off, the character is stuned forever ! I don't know where the mistake is. I put you the formula and the notetag :

-Formula : a.addState(19); a.atk * 7 - b.def * 2                                                  

-Notetag :

<setup action>

display action

</setup action>

<target action>

zoom: 165%, 10

camera focus: user, front center, 30

wait: 15

motion escape: user

JUMP user: 185, 15

move user: target, base, 15

wait: 5

motion attack: user

wait for jump

motion attack: user

attack animation: target

action animation

action effect

</target action>

Sethtristan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin: YEP_Partysystem(1) this even still happens when i dont change anything

And it keep's on coming up with the "Rangeerror"

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Game_Party.toInitializeBattleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js)
    at Game_Party.battleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js:431:14)
    at Game_Party.leader (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4780:17)
    at Game_Player.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:7403:28)
    at Game_Party.initializeBattleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js:486:34)
    at Game_Party.battleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js:431:48)
    at Game_Party.leader (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:4780:17)
    at Game_Player.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:7403:28)
    at Game_Party.initializeBattleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js:486:34)
    at Game_Party.battleMembers (file:///C:/Users/Heidi/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem(1).js:431:48)

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tr4sh-C4n: It sounds like your problem isn't related to the Action Sequence but rather the state your skill gives to the user. Have you checked that the state has an Auto-Removal Timing set to Turn End and an appropriate duration (1 or 2, I think)?

In the future, it's also best to ask any questions about Action Sequences in the Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions thread (or the JavaScript/Plugin Support forum in general) as this thread is mostly meant for bug reports and similar plugin-related questions. :)

Tr4sh-C4n

The garbage of love
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Punamaagi: Thanks for your awnser but my state has a Auto removal timing

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Enemy Transformations

Enemy Transformations can be done through events, but it's not easy to have events ready all the time at any moment, especially when something like, a state tied to the transformation expires. This video will teach you how to tie transformations together with states!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/07/04/tips-tricks-enemy-transformations-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tips & Tricks - Enemy Transformations

Been wanting something like this. My game runs on day/night cycle, and I'be been wanting to have enemies that can change abilities and hostility between different times of day :)  

Darakudemon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TypeError: Cannot read property 'canvasBuffer' of undefined
at TilingSprite.generateTilingTexture (rpg_core.js:4758)
at TilingSprite.updateTransform (rpg_core.js:4818)
at Tilemap.PIXI.DisplayObjectContainer.updateTransform [as displayObjectContainerUpdateTransform] (pixi.js:2099)
at Tilemap.updateTransform (rpg_core.js:3951)
at Sprite.PIXI.DisplayObjectContainer.updateTransform [as displayObjectContainerUpdateTransform] (pixi.js:2099)
at Sprite.updateTransform (rpg_core.js:3561)
at Spriteset_Map.PIXI.DisplayObjectContainer.updateTransform [as displayObjectContainerUpdateTransform] (pixi.js:2099)
at Spriteset_Map.Sprite.updateTransform (rpg_core.js:3561)
at Scene_Map.PIXI.Stage.updateTransform (pixi.js:5206)
at PIXI.WebGLRenderer.render (pixi.js:8203)

I just downloaded all the updated plugins and the new RPG Maker MV files for the new update and haven't altered any settings that I had prior to it getting buggy.

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly

This notetag is crashing the game, even in a completely new project with only YEP - Equip Core:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.mhp * 0.03;

</Custom Parameters>

user.mhp and user.mmp both crash the game.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly

This notetag is crashing the game, even in a completely new project with only YEP - Equip Core:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.mhp * 0.03;

</Custom Parameters>

user.mhp and user.mmp both crash the game.

Have you tried using a.mhp and a.mmp?

Rendercase

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love these scripts! I've used almost every RPG maker since I was a child and coming into MV, I feel like this is everything I could imaginably need! Amazing work  :D

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Alright, here we go:

Plugin Name:  YEP_SaveCore

Bug Explanation: Basically, when you try to load from a save, a dialog comes up asking if you are sure.

But that dialog has some weird behaviour, which sort of decapitates my actors.

I'm not too good at describing it but this is what it looks like in my project (Don't worry it also happens on a blank project too, and the crystal thing is a custom cursor. Again, happens in a fresh project too so thats not related to the issue.)

You would expect the transparent background to go over the top of the faces, but it just doesnt show them.

GN721Ca.png

Here is a shot of it happening in a blank project: In a blank project there is an additional bug where the corners of the window are well, sharp and bright? See for yourself:

rKFwAdY.png

Error Report: There is no error message and the log is completely blank.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Basically, go into the game and save. Then reset the game and back to the title screen. Select continue and then look at the dialog that pops up.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7EYzbUvAB-gX2RkSEN6eVJKM0E/view?usp=drivesdk

It's a blank project with the Save Core added, and a save file was made to produce the above screenshot. You can either select that file or you can select new game and make your own to check. (Although I don't think it depends on the save file)

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, here we go:

Plugin Name:  YEP_SaveCore

Bug Explanation: Basically, when you try to load from a save, a dialog comes up asking if you are sure.

But that dialog has some weird behaviour, which sort of decapitates my actors.

I'm not too good at describing it but this is what it looks like in my project (Don't worry it also happens on a blank project too, and the crystal thing is a custom cursor. Again, happens in a fresh project too so thats not related to the issue.)

You would expect the transparent background to go over the top of the faces, but it just doesnt show them.

Here is a shot of it happening in a blank project: In a blank project there is an additional bug where the corners of the window are well, sharp and bright? See for yourself:

rKFwAdY.png

Error Report: There is no error message and the log is completely blank.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Basically, go into the game and save. Then reset the game and back to the title screen. Select continue and then look at the dialog that pops up.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7EYzbUvAB-gX2RkSEN6eVJKM0E/view?usp=drivesdk

It's a blank project with the Save Core added, and a save file was made to produce the above screenshot. You can either select that file or you can select new game and make your own to check. (Although I don't think it depends on the save file)

this isnt a bug.......its bringing up a pop up window infront of your heroes....thus it would appear to be decapitating them when it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoiro