[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaeru

Mikaeru Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Plugin Name: YEP_X_ClassBaseParam
    Bug Explanation: Using the Lunatic Mode Notetag <Custom maxhp Formula> doesn't change anything.
    Error Report: None
    Exact Steps:
    1. Start Game
    2. Open the Main Menu
    3. Go to Class
    4. Choose any Actor
    5. In the Class Change Core Plugin Screen, choose Class
    6. Select the Warrior class
    7. ATK is different from 26, but hp isn't different from 450

In Notetags of any given class (warrior, in the example):
    <Custom maxhp Formula>
    if (this.name() === 'Harold') {
    value = 30 * level + 500;
    } else {
    value = 25 * level + 475;
    }
    </Custom maxhp Formula>
    Neither Harold nor any other actor get any different hp than the standard ones

Sample Project: Bug Demo.zip

The sample project uses your class change core plugin to better represent the issue (the warrior class is used with given notetag); in addition, the warrior class also has a <Custom atk Formula> to demonstrate that other parameters ARE changed accordingly.

After some tests myself, I think line 152 of the YEP_X_ClassBaseParam.js ('obj.baseParamFormula[paramId] = '';') is responsible for this behavior as it overrides the baseParamFormula of paramId 0, which is hp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
    Yanfly likes this.
  2. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Thanks! I'll get it fixed.

---

It operates on the same specs as running RPG Maker MV games. If you can't run those, you can't run the generator.

3. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Hi, fellow RPG Maker users! I have a small announcement to make.

I'm afraid I have to say that I'm no longer supporting the Yanfly Engine ATB and CTB plugins. I ask, that now, if bug reports are to be submitted, please do not include ATB and/or CTB in them anymore.  As fun as these plugins are to make, making them work in RPG Maker MV itself is a chore in and of itself for a variety of reasons.

1. RPG Maker MV's source code is intentionally made for turn-based battle systems and not tick-based battle systems. The default BattleManager's format is far from optimized to be able to run both in a stream-lined format. While I could rewrite the BattleManager for it to work better in such a way, doing so would cause potential incompatibility issues for a lot of non-YEP plugins, to which, I deem makes it not worth it. We do not need a new "Tankentai" causing the MV community lots of problems.

2. Developing for tick-based battle systems is problematic for the very reason that the editor itself cannot be edited and changed through plugins. This makes developing new plugins to work for both the turn-based battle systems and tick-based battle systems a huge chore. The limitations of RPG Maker MV's editor forces more than a good half of the code I write for the tick-based battle systems to perform workarounds, which in my opinion, is not good for user-friendliness. Thus, for me to add the more complex features and have them work in line with other plugins and effects, I'd have to go way more than the extra mile to do so.

3. Time. I'll be frank about this one. I lack the time to pay extra attention to tick-based battle systems. Once again, because of RPG Maker MV's default structure, I have to put in extra-effort to maintain and fix problems with the tick-based battle systems. To me, this just isn't worth it anymore as that time can be used to develop more Tips & Tricks, more plugins, and more overall content to benefit a larger group of audience.

With those three things said, I'll be adding a new clause to instruction step 4 when making bug reports:

4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I hope you understand my point of view.

4. Luxray Gaming

Luxray Gaming That one guy Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's weird though. I can run RPG Maker games just fine but the icon editor has the main process and 3 other background processes that all add up to 80 to 90 percent of my PC power.

Ashouse likes this.
  5. kovak

kovak Bloodmancer Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly DreamX made a ITB (Instant Turn Battle) based on your CTB and DTB, it's stable and runs smooth since it keeps the CTB feel for turn order.

It also has a turn order display that allows you to use a sprite sheet.

6. lokirafael

lokirafael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

These kind of sad notes should be at monday. Now my sunday is a sad one. ç.ç

Anyway I have everything running fine using CTB so let me see if I get it. You future updates and new plugins can break my CTB system? If there's danger of updates make some plugins incompatible then I will have to be extra careful.

7. Feldherren

Feldherren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi, Yanfly. I've been trying to use YEP_StopMapMovement in a project of mine, but I've found that whilst player movement is stopped, it also stops the player from being able to trigger adjacent events they'd normally be able to activate from their location. Is this the intended behaviour of the script?

If it's unintended, I'll make a proper bug report.

8. Luxray Gaming

Luxray Gaming That one guy Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, just to clarify, if I don't have an official VXAce license, I'm not able to use any of the VXAce resources in your Icon generator correct?

9. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is correct.

@Yanfly I can't help but feel as though my bug report from a few days back about the CTB display going wonky was the straw that broke the camel's back in this case. I am sorry to see support for the CTB/ATB plugins end, but I'm sure it was a long time coming, and your decision to make, after all.

Thanks for all of your support up to this point. :)

Zeriab and Yanfly like this.
  10. Eff-n-Geoff

Eff-n-Geoff Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there @Yanfly, I hope you can help ...

I'm currently using your fantastic gamepad and button common events plugin, and wondered if there would be a way where I can bind button 3 and 4 of the controller to some common events? 

11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Ah, it's not really that. It's been something I've been deciding for a long time now. I was actually planning on changing to no longer support ATB/CTB ever since my announcement, but forgot about it until you reminded me. ._.

---

Right. The terms of use for anything in general will always fall to whatever is more strict. In this case, VX Ace's ToU is more strict than mine, therefore, it will apply.

---

There isn't currently.

12. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Harken_W and Omegadragon8 like this.
  13. Eff-n-Geoff

Eff-n-Geoff Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Would it be possible to pay for this? 

14. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 Christian Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)

Does this mean you are taking the plugins down from the website as well?

15. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

16. Feldherren

Feldherren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry if this isn't a bug and is intended behaviour.

Plugin Name: Stop Map Movement (YEP_StopMapMovement)

Bug Explanation: When player movement is stopped, player is unable to trigger adjacent events they should be able to trigger from their current position; EG. adjacent same-as-characters priority action button events.

Error Report: No errors reported in game or console.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:

1. Setup: Create a new project. Add YEP_StopMapMovement to plugin folder. Activate plugin.

2. Create an event with the action button trigger and same-as-characters priority, and give this event the AllowPlayerMovement plugin command (this event could alternatively just do anything else; play a sound effect, display a message, what have you - important thing is that it does something and is adjacent to the player character).

3. Create any event to run the StopPlayerMovement plugin command. This must be activated when the player is adjacent to the AllowPlayerMovement event, for testing purposes, so it could be an autorun event that subsequently erases itself, with the AllowPlayerMovement event adjacent to the player starting location, or could just be another action button trigger same-as-characters priority event that can be triggered from the same location the player can trigger the AllowPlayerMovement event.

4. In playtest, activate the StopPlayerMovement event, then attempt to activate the AllowPlayerMovement event; you will not be able to use the AllowPlayerMovement event.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17084765/Yanfly_StopMapMovement_Example.7z

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
    Yanfly likes this.
  17. Omegadragon8

Omegadragon8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I will be resuming my normal vigil to place Yanfly's rules as high as possible on the page, assuming that they have been updated for the atb/ctb change. Unfortunately, I missed this one and am too far down the page now to place...btw, loving the tips and tricks, need six hundred unique skills for my game (for each class, race, enemies and individual characters), and I am just past half way, mostly out of ideas and relying on the t&t :D

Yanfly likes this.
  18. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    well i was having massive issues with ctb and atb during testing so that is one less thing to worry about

the T&T videos are a big help as usual.........

and i must say this.....yanfly i'm greatful for all the hard work you put in to these.......i say they should higher you directly onto the rpg maker development staff :D

Zeriab and Yanfly like this.
  19. CyndaBytes

CyndaBytes Creator and Destroyer of Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Italian

I know you don't like it, but could you make a turn-based version instead of tick-based?
    You could leave the tick based versions without support (for those who prefer it) and continue with the turn-based one.

I see. But a BS made entirely by you would be 1000 times better than the vanilla one. Certainly more smooth and without lag.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2016
    Yanfly likes this.
  20. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

The inability to interact with objects is how it's handled by the default code for RPG Maker MV:

Game_Player.prototype.triggerAction = function() {
    if (this.canMove()) {
    if (this.triggerButtonAction()) {
    return true;
    }
    if (this.triggerTouchAction()) {
    return true;
    }
    }
    return false;
    };

This is something I have no intentions of changing for the possibility of it causing unforeseen problems. If this is something that you absolutely need done, I suggest you pay a visit to the plugin requests forum. My apologies for any inconveniences.

---

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I do see the demand for people to want instant commitment upon selecting actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.