Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Load Custom Fonts

Bug Explanation:  I added two different fonts in my project: Serpentine Bold and Oaxaquena Tall. However, while the Oaxaquena Tall font can be displayed, Serpentine Bold cannot, no matter what.

Error Report: n/a

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: You can talk with two NPCs: a Slime speaking in Oaxaquena Tall font, and a girl whose message is meant to be displayed in Serpentine Bold, but shows up in a different font instead.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): http://www.mediafire.com/download/k16c034dp9qhc92/Project1.zip I removed most of the unused audio and pictures to decrease file size.

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tips & Tricks - Timeless Strike

Have a spammable skill? Does it take forever for its animation to finish and you'd like to streamline it? This Tips & Tricks video will show you how to do just that in RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/03/tips-tricks-timeless-strike-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

I really like this one! With all these T&T, I just never seem to run out of ideas! Imagine five T&T every week, that would be awesome!

Keep up the T&T, they definitely help me out with skill ideas and such!

And I also can't wait until that plugin you mentioned!!!

By the way, with the Item Synthesis Plugin, is it possible to have some items with the ????? name while other items don't?

(Sorry if I shouldn't be asking here, and sorry for wasting your time)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I really like this one! With all these T&T, I just never seem to run out of ideas! Imagine five T&T every week, that would be awesome!

Keep up the T&T, they definitely help me out with skill ideas and such!

And I also can't wait until that plugin you mentioned!!!

By the way, with the Item Synthesis Plugin, is it possible to have some items with the ????? name while other items don't?

(Sorry if I shouldn't be asking here, and sorry for wasting your time)

You can use the <Mask Name: x> notetag to display them differently per item. :)

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use the <Mask Name: x> notetag to display them differently per item. :)

Oh, I remember that one! Thanks for that, now I need to go off and use that notetag with roughly 600 weapons and armour...

Well, at least I can do that! 

Man, that plugin you showed not too long ago looks awesome, I'm excited for this!

There are so many things that can be done with Lunatic Mode, I'm so glad it's there in the plugins!

Lunatic Mode... Where did that name even come from? Are we all lunatics for using code to make our skills more unique? :p  

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not a bug, but is there any way to have a conditional "custom cost display" that changes depending upon a variable?

For example, if an actor needs to be below 50% HP before they can use an ability, I'd like the cost to appear as "<50% HP" when the user is above 50% HP (and grayed out, but I can handle that), but have it change to "30MP" once they meet the HP% requirement.

And if there's a better place for Yanfly engine questions, I'll post this there instead. :)

Mintorossa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Does showing state related messages when a state is applied inside an action sequence actually work? I.e. writing an action sequence like this:

Code:
<setup action>
add state 4: target, show
</setup action>

It adds the state, but it doesn't show the state related message like it should. I have already turned state text on in the BattleEngineCore. I have a sample project if you'd like.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, I remember that one! Thanks for that, now I need to go off and use that notetag with roughly 600 weapons and armour...

Well, at least I can do that! 

Man, that plugin you showed not too long ago looks awesome, I'm excited for this!

There are so many things that can be done with Lunatic Mode, I'm so glad it's there in the plugins!

Lunatic Mode... Where did that name even come from? Are we all lunatics for using code to make our skills more unique? :p  

Lunatic Mode was something that started off as an inside joke since VX. In VX, I used to label the difficulty of usage for my scripts by Easy, Normal, Hard. Then came the idea of using code within noteboxes and notetags and I labeled that as Lunatic Mode as a reference to Touhou game difficulties. Somehow, that caught on by the community and the community members started calling things Lunatic Mode on their own. Ever since then, I just kinda went with it.

---

Not a bug, but is there any way to have a conditional "custom cost display" that changes depending upon a variable?

For example, if an actor needs to be below 50% HP before they can use an ability, I'd like the cost to appear as "<50% HP" when the user is above 50% HP (and grayed out, but I can handle that), but have it change to "30MP" once they meet the HP% requirement.

And if there's a better place for Yanfly engine questions, I'll post this there instead. :)

That's something you'll have to achieve using Lunatic Mode with the <Cost Display Eval> notetag.

* Skill Notetags:
 *   <Cost Display Eval>
 *    var variableId = 1;
 *    var value = 1000;
 *    $gameVariables.setValue(variableId, value);
 *   </Cost Display Eval>
 *   This notetag runs an eval before displaying the skill's cost. This is so
 *   you can set up variables and whatnot for your skill cost display text.
 *   <Custom Cost Display>
 *    \c[4]\v[1]\c[0] Gold
 *   </Custom Cost Display>
 *   This is the custom text displayed before the rest of the skill costs. You
 *   can use text codes with this notetag.

---

Does showing state related messages when a state is applied inside an action sequence actually work? I.e. writing an action sequence like this:

Code:
<setup action>
add state 4: target, show
</setup action>

It adds the state, but it doesn't show the state related message like it should. I have already turned state text on in the BattleEngineCore. I have a sample project if you'd like.

For action sequence help, visit this thread: 

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's something you'll have to achieve using Lunatic Mode with the <Cost Display Eval> notetag.

* Skill Notetags:
 *   <Cost Display Eval>
 *    var variableId = 1;
 *    var value = 1000;
 *    $gameVariables.setValue(variableId, value);
 *   </Cost Display Eval>
 *   This notetag runs an eval before displaying the skill's cost. This is so
 *   you can set up variables and whatnot for your skill cost display text.
 *   <Custom Cost Display>
 *    \c[4]\v[1]\c[0] Gold
 *   </Custom Cost Display>
 *   This is the custom text displayed before the rest of the skill costs. You
 *   can use text codes with this notetag.

I take it I can't use conditionals between the custom cost display tags, correct?

Is it possible to change the text string itself in the custom cost display via the eval?

And thanks for the help. :)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: ExtraMessagePack 1

Bug Explanation:  If you have very many choices listed, after increasing the showable choices to anything past 14 rows the choices begin to be pushed upward past the screen instead of the choice menu continuing to go down even if there'd be space on screen to show more choices still. Again, 14 rows is okay but anything after will cause the choice menu to be pushed more and more upward away from the screen. I guess the reason that this wasn't caught sooner is because it's extremely rare for the developers to need to display more than 14 choices at once? (However, I did need for one specific instance and that's how I discovered this.)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Talk to the horse in the sample project to see how the choices are displayed. Now, set the choice row number to 15 or above in ExtraMessagePack1 configuration. Then talk to the horse in the sample project again and see how the choices menu breaks after.

Sample Project (REQUIRED)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-RHUMwGNDNWUNrQWh1bjVWZ1U/view?usp=sharing Removed needless stuffs to make it smaller

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin Name: ExtraMessagePack 1

Bug Explanation:  If you have very many choices listed, after increasing the showable choices to anything past 14 rows the choices begin to be pushed upward past the screen instead of the choice menu continuing to go down even if there'd be space on screen to show more choices still. Again, 14 rows is okay but anything after will cause the choice menu to be pushed more and more upward away from the screen. I guess the reason that this wasn't caught sooner is because it's extremely rare for the developers to need to display more than 14 choices at once? (However, I did need for one specific instance and that's how I discovered this.)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Talk to the horse in the sample project to see how the choices are displayed. Now, set the choice row number to 15 or above in ExtraMessagePack1 configuration. Then talk to the horse in the sample project again and see how the choices menu breaks after.

Sample Project (REQUIRED)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-RHUMwGNDNWUNrQWh1bjVWZ1U/view?usp=sharing Removed needless stuffs to make it smaller

This is not a bug. This is because RPG Maker MV positions the choice box on top of where the message window should be.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin- I dont know

Bug- Combat wont load, says it cant load img Crystal_Red_4x2 and if you replace it with another image in the pictures file, then there is Crystal_Blue_4x2. Can replace them with different images, but it looks weird.

How to replicate- Use the combat tester in the troops screen or any battle encounter

Could i possibly know what plugin this image is in, so i can either change the image required, or possibly get an image for it

View attachment Game.rpgproject

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
sup yanfly. hey can i have your recomandation? i have a 1920x1080 HD tv for computer. how should i do my maps? Sorry for hitting u up on here, but couldnt find no other way of contacting you

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly, can I use your plugins to make a paid game?

P/S: I'll leave your name in credits.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
sup yanfly. hey can i have your recomandation? i have a 1920x1080 HD tv for computer. how should i do my maps? Sorry for hitting u up on here, but couldnt find no other way of contacting you

I'm not sure what you mean by "do" your maps. Can you elaborate?

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just need some advice on what my resolution should be. Map size etc....

Depends if your making a building, city/village (Don't know what type of game your making, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, etc.) or even a world map. Though if you want to do a world map make sure it is fun and enjoyable not just some map to walk to the other place. Nothing bores a person quicker than having a bland world map that's too big. The length is bigger than the width in the generator it seems, make places look different from each other, possibly make certain areas darker, especially in an abandoned place such as a dungeon. If you can find a plugin to make light come from a source, it adds a lot more uniqueness to the areas and makes it more interesting. Every small little detail can count when making a map. For a village, usually dont make it more than around 30-40 length and/or width. Cities can vary greatly, but its best to cut those into chunks and make events of people (if it isnt an apocalypse) walking around to make it seem more lively. Buildings and or dungeons unless really small, should be in chunks.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I just need some advice on what my resolution should be. Map size etc....

If you want my opinion, I don't recommend setting the max resolution size to 1920x1080 since that's the default resolution your game will run at for all computers. 1280x720 is the standard. For screen sizes, the maps can be any size as it will automatically center them onto the screen. If you want your map to fit the screen, just take the resolution size and divide by 48, which is the tile size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sebby