Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Cyclone (World of WarCraft) - RPG Maker MV

Cyclone is a spell from the World of WarCraft that stuns an opponent. However, when repeatedly used on the same opponent, the duration of the stun lowers each time. Furthermore, only one Cyclone can be active at a time per team. Here's how to recreate that effect in RPG Maker MV!

Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/17/tips-tricks-cyclone-world-of-warcraft-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, sneaky sneaky Yanfly! I see you implementing that new plugin in the video there... ;)  

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog :P
Primarily Uses
Was wondering if anyone here knows how to make the scene for learn skill appear using an event. Currently I have them disabled on my menu and had a common event where it shows up the learn skill scene. However, it's only showing me actor 1's. So I did the plugin commands, but it only does one actor at a time as well. If I press the left or right, it doesn't cycle through them. I have to keep pressing enter until it ends. >_< thanks in advance!

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There will be a plugin released later this week that allows a much simpler method to accomplish this. :)  Be sure to look out for it on Saturday.

That's a tease and a half... :D

Thanks for the heads up, I'm actually working on some sprite swaps during abilities and such currently. This allows me to take a little bit of a break from that to see what you've got in store for us.  :)

Dreadblade005

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a bit of a problem with the Event Chase Player plugin

If you have a guard that follows a set path and he sees a 

player, he will start chasing it normally. But when he returns

he goes back to the starting location of the event instead

of the last spot he was at. This is a problem because

the guard won't reset his entire route and he might get stuck

in a corner or be in a completely different spot.

Am I just using it incorrectly or could there be a 

way to fix it?

Rivendark

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just a small question about ItemCore.

I want to make item info window(right bottom corner) to show my stuff e.g. variables. So I use 

<Info Eval>

drawVar();

</Info Eval>

function drawVar(){
    var actor = $gameParty.members()[0];
    var x = 500;
    var y = 300;
    itemInfoWindow.drawActorName(actor, x, y);
}

The function executes but nothing happens to info window. Am I missing something?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Just a small question about ItemCore.

I want to make item info window(right bottom corner) to show my stuff e.g. variables. So I use 

<Info Eval>

drawVar();

</Info Eval>

function drawVar(){
    var actor = $gameParty.members()[0];
    var x = 500;
    var y = 300;
    itemInfoWindow.drawActorName(actor, x, y);
}

The function executes but nothing happens to info window. Am I missing something?

From the first post, and the repeated post above:

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

sol003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Tips & Tricks - Spell Siphon - RPG Maker MV

Spell Siphon is a way for actors to steal and learn skills from enemies. What was originally a script in RPG Maker VX Ace is now a Tips & Tricks for RPG Maker MV!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/19/tips-tricks-spell-siphon-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

I felt like an idiot while attempting to make this work, since I didn't pay attention to the video properly and thought that the list on the code is for the skill, rather than the skill type.

Very grateful for this T&T though, I was hoping you'd eventually redo the stealing spell script you made back then. :D

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Action Sequence Pack(s)

Bug Explanation: Using a skill with a "mirror" tag will sometimes crash or simply not mirror the animation. Certain conditions have to be met (more below)

Error Report: "Undefined is not a function" in the first case, none in the second

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 

Situation: You start a battle test as harold against the Harold clone.

You two are equipped with the 2 same skills: Strike Combo (Crash ver.) and Strike Combo (Attack Animation ver.)

Harold can cast both skills without problem, they work as intended.

However, if the enemy Harold attempts to use one of them, he has either one of these problems.

Crash Ver: The skill will crash upon the second hit.

Attack animation ver: Here I replaced the last "action animation" with "attack animation" while this does avoid the crash, it simply fails to mirror the animation.

If you are trying to replicate this, set a skill to the "normal attack" animation, the skill must not have a default animation and needs to draw the info from the

weapon or other stuff, like you weapon animation plugin for enemies respectivly. The action sequence itself must not have a "animation: x" tag either and needs

to draw the information from the current skill.

Give an enemy a weapon animation and maybe a fitting weapon using YEP_WeaponAnimation and that should do it.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Here's the Sample Project

Final note: I've spent a lot of time, trying to figure out different possibilites and combinations but I came to no result.

I know you hate false bug reports and posting here really is the last thing for me to think of. If it's not a bug, then I don't know what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin Name: Action Sequence Pack(s)

Bug Explanation: Using a skill with a "mirror" tag will sometimes crash or simply not mirror the animation. Certain conditions have to be met (more below)

Error Report: "Undefined is not a function" in the first case, none in the second

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 

Situation: You start a battle test as harold against the Harold clone.

You two are equipped with the 2 same skills: Strike Combo (Crash ver.) and Strike Combo (Attack Animation ver.)

Harold can cast both skills without problem, they work as intended.

However, if the enemy Harold attempts to use one of them, he has either one of these problems.

Crash Ver: The skill will crash upon the second hit.

Attack animation ver: Here I replaced the last "action animation" with "attack animation" while this does avoid the crash, it simply fails to mirror the animation.

If you are trying to replicate this, set a skill to the "normal attack" animation, the skill must not have a default animation and needs to draw the info from the

weapon or other stuff, like you weapon animation plugin for enemies respectivly. The action sequence itself must not have a "animation: x" tag either and needs

to draw the information from the current skill.

Give an enemy a weapon animation and maybe a fitting weapon using YEP_WeaponAnimation and that should do it.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Here's the Sample Project

Final note: I've spent a lot of time, trying to figure out different possibilites and combinations but I came to no result.

I know you hate false bug reports and posting here really is the last thing for me to think of. If it's not a bug, then I don't know what it is.

The sample project leads back to this thread.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
YEP.114 - Visual State Effects - RPG Maker MV

States are amongst one of the most important aspects of the battle system. Therefore, relaying proper information to the player is extremely important. RPG Maker MV does relay information to the player about the various states and effects, but it is far from perfect. This plugin allows you to add more detail and visual effects regarding states to relay proper data.

You can grab the plugin here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/20/yep-114-visual-state-effects-rpg-maker-mv/

Have fun!

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Yanfly for the new Plug-in I can't click on any of the means to download it at MOE. Can you take a look at the links again. I'm using Firefox as my web browser.

The MM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly for the new Plug-in I can't click on any of the means to download it at MOE. Can you take a look at the links again. I'm using Firefox as my web browser.

Same issue here. (I got it there instead.)

Issue report.

Plugin Name:  YEP_SmartJump

Bug Explanation: Equal Regions are not working. I can jump on a tile from an Equal Region despite starting the jump from outside of said equal region.

Error Report: No error report. The game simply moves on.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Move above one of the pillars from the map.

Face down and then use the Jump skill from Harold's skillset (had to do it this way to not bring the ButtonCommonEvents plugin in that). You will jump on the pillar even though it's on region 1 and you're not.

This does not work in the left, right, or up directions, only when facing downwards. (For some reason.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Download here

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu Takahashi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: YEP_CoreEngine

Bug Explanation: The map did not scale when I change the resolution, however the battleback did so I dont know if this is really a bug or I do something wrong.

Error report: None.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug : Create new project - Install CoreEngine plugin - Change the resolution through the engine - Run test.

Sample project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DhLAYtwdyUem1wV2hHTW5HNjg/view?usp=sharing

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ouch stupid mistake. no idea how this happened, but it's fixed now.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly, for your class base stats plug in, in the formula for stats are we able to call variables to the formula with [v]x where x is the variable?

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On Yanfly.moe, Visual State Effects is listed between HP Visual Gauges and Absorption Barrier. When placed in that spot, it did not work. However, upon moving the plugin down below Buff and State Core, it began working fine. Is the listed order on Yanfly.moe not the order to place the plugins? I've always used that list as my go to guide on where to place everything, I am not working in a purely vanilla project, so it is possible that the error is somewhere on my end, but I am still wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Currently at beginner level, checking tutorials on YT and Skillshare
If you like my music I'm open for commissions. You can also visit my website by clicking here to know more about my work.
I know it can be a little confusing with all the advent calendars and time zones, but make sure Starbird, GalacticGod, WaywardMartian and Guardinthena get all the love they deserve fot their hard work! ;3
*it's getting better all the time* tenacious determination (got bills to pay) and doing PT for this gimpy hand - I'm improving quite a bit. :rock-left::troll::rock-right: Had to resign from my fav Lead Security Analyst job because I couldn't type to keep pace ;_; however, Big N kept me on, so finishing my contracts with them. :D
I was playing with ChatGPT-3 and I feels like did some crime with this...

1670127825626.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamTV12