Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.
Plugin Name: Visual state effects (and animated sv enemies)
Bug Explanation: you can't disable the "overlay" state effect on enemies (by putting false in the plugin) if the animated sv enemies plugin is on.
Error Report: no error
Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
- Open my sample project and start the game. Go to the monster to start the fight. Use the magic "étincelle" (100% chance of inflicting "mute").
- The enemy gets mute. You will see the mute icon and the mute overlay effect. But when you look at the visual effects plugin, you will see that the overlay for enemies is put to "false".
- Now disable the "animated sv enemies" and start again. Now it works, only the icon appears above the enemy, not the overlay effect. So I guess it's a compatibility problem between the two. Changing the order didn't seem to solve the problem.
- On another note : if you put the icon on enemies to false in the visual effects plugin (because you just want the overlay effect), the icon still appears unless you also put it to false in the "buff and states core" plugin (which also has that option). In other terms, there is no "override" of the visual effects plugin. I'm not sure this is voluntary (since it's not intuitive at all. You have to remember that this option exists in buff and states core, and choose false on both). The reverse is also correct : if you put it to false in buff and states and to true in the visual effects plugin, then the icons do not appear. In other terms the visual effects plugin seems to do nothing in the appearance or not of the icons, the decision only rests in the buff and states plugin.
Sample Project (REQUIRED): here
A good way to do it is to make the Mask Name equal to the name of the item itself. Unsynthed items will be in italic while synthed items will be in normal text.
Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.
1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.
WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:
If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:
It makes the user go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.
Thank you for understanding.
Thanks, I'll get this updated for the following plugin update (the upcoming Sunday).
I ask questions but I also try to be useful sometimes haha
Can we expect an optimization of perfomance when you use higher resolutions with the core plugin? (1980 x 1020 as example)
That's something dependent on the specs of the computer running the game, not dependent on my plugins. My plugins cannot provide graphic memory, processing power, or anything of the like. Optimization for performance is also dependent on the game developers, such as yourself, as it is strictly your own choice to make your games whatever large or small resolution. That being said, 1980x1020 is hardly a good resolution for RPG Maker MV games to begin with for a plethora or reasons that are explained throughout this forum.
Tips & Tricks - Dualcast (Final Fantasy 5) - RPG Maker MV
Final Fantasy 5's Red Mage class is famously known for its ability to double cast magic. However, from Tips & Tricks Lunatic Mode alone, we cannot change the mechanic where you can select two spells to cast. Instead, what we can do is make it possible that the spell you've selected will cast twice! Here's how you can do it in RPG Maker MV!
You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Alright so it is a limit of the engine. Thank you for the reply.
@Yanfly Won't this Double Cast affect the Attack and Guard skills?
Only if your Attack and Guard skills are magic type.
Just a little compliment : I think your tips and tricks are great. Things that we think would need a new plugin are actually doable with plugins you have already provided.
Placing this on top of a new page.
The dualcast tips and trick doesn't seem to work with the ITB system (by dreamX).
I'm not sure why. Any ideas ? I really like dual casting.
(Looking at the explanation on the code, DTB is mentioned but it's not clear to me if DTB is necessary to this code)
DTB is the base system provided by RM MV.
As for the other plugin, should ask to dreamX why is plugin doesn't work. As Yanfly said, he/she will not provide support for other plugin than his/her own.
In my opinion, you should start over with a sample project to try debbuging. You might be surprise by the true origin of the bug...
It's a tips and tricks code, it's not actually a bug. I thought yanfly might have a clue of what is going wrong since the ITB is based on his CTB system originally.
Would that tips and tricks work in ATB and CTB or just with DTB is really my question. If people who use thoses systems have tried it, I would be very interested to know.
Thank you for fixing the bugs I reported. Everything is working beautifully for me now.
It normally should be working. In fact, the code of the tip says that if it's DTB system, it just add up to queue the spell, if not, the it's forcing the action.
I didn't try with ATB/CTB since Yanfly doesn't provide support anymore. But it should work with them. As for the other plugin, as I've said, try to look with the debbug mode where is the issue, and then, try to remove it. If your problem is simply that there's no repeat of the skill, it' just mean that the forced action isn't working for some reason... Hope that's helping.
Thanks for the help Nanaya.
I actually did some test of this dual cast : it worked for dtb, atb and ctb.
It just doesn't work for itb. But since itb is not a yanfly plugin, I guess I won't know how to change the code here.
But yanfly's such a cute little furry ball, who knows ^_^
Yes indeed ^^
Then, just follow Yanfly bug report system and send the report to dreamX, who knows, he might answer your question...
Ok I'll try this again.
YEP_X_Subclass v.1.10 and YEP_SkillLearnSystem v.1.10
List of Scripts Used (with version):
Yep_ClassChangeCore v.1.11, YEP_X_Subclass v.1.10, YEP_SkillLearnSystem v.1.10
Game Freezes when trying to learn a skill.
this happens only with the subclass plugin active, and the integrate setting in the skill learn plugin set to true.
in my main game i got an error instead of the freezing, but in my dummy game it just froze.
Cannot read property of '_actor' of undefined.
Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
1.Open menu and select skill.
2.Select learn skills\Hero\Fire.
3.the game will freeze.
Separate names with a comma.