Not open for further replies.

Chaach

Chaach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
i have a problem on my skill/state with Action Start, Turn Start, etc. i don't know how i use it ( i use ATB)

actually i have a skill who gives a state with 100% crit for 1 turn/action, the skill starts filling the action bar, when full its give you full action bar(<after ATB: +100%>) +state(100% crit), and when a use a skill, the state disappear at the beginning of the animation of the skill, how i solve that problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
i have a problem on my skill/state with Action Start, Turn Start, etc. i don't know how i use it ( i use ATB)

actually i have a skill who gives a state with 100% crit for 1 turn/action, the skill starts filling the action bar, when full its give you full action bar(<after ATB: +100%>) +state(100% crit), and when a use a skill, the state disappear at the beginning of the animation of the skill, how i solve that problem?
For this, set the state to Action End with 2 turns actually. So that way, on the turn you apply the state, it will go down to 1. On the next action, it will hit 0 and remove itself.

Chaach

Chaach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
For this, set the state to Action End with 2 turns actually. So that way, on the turn you apply the state, it will go down to 1. On the next action, it will hit 0 and remove itself.
didn't work, the state last forever with any Action End duration, but with Action Start its disappear before the skill animation, i think its my tick config, i'm a bit confused because there are 3 config for tick, 1 on BattleEngine Core, 1 on Skills Cooldown, and another on BattleSysATB, i don't know how they work together, but somehow its config to each action(full action cast bar) count as 1CD, and i like it that way

(battle engine core) Turn time : 50 ticks

(skills cooldown) turn time: 200 ticks

(battle sys atb) full turn: 50 ticks

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Senpai! Question about Enemy AI Turn Eval.

I know how to set an enemy up to use an ability on say, turn 5, but how would I do it via this plug-in to have the enemy use an ability with the turn eval condition on Turn 5 and then every X turns without having to make multiple Turn condition evals for every 5th turn.

Shake0615

Reanimator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly. Is there a way to entirely disable the Victory BGM parameter in the Victory Aftermath plugin? I'm trying to have a continuous BGM play through the map, battle and victory processing to keep the emotion high during a particular scene, but as far as I can tell this script won't allow for that. If not, is there a little Javascript snippet that I can use to change the Victory BGM parameter through a plugin command in an event? Thanks!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
didn't work, the state last forever with any Action End duration, but with Action Start its disappear before the skill animation, i think its my tick config, i'm a bit confused because there are 3 config for tick, 1 on BattleEngine Core, 1 on Skills Cooldown, and another on BattleSysATB, i don't know how they work together, but somehow its config to each action(full action cast bar) count as 1CD, and i like it that way

(battle engine core) Turn time : 50 ticks

(skills cooldown) turn time: 200 ticks

(battle sys atb) full turn: 50 ticks
I just tested it out and it worked for me. Do you have all the latest updates of the plugins?

Senpai! Question about Enemy AI Turn Eval.

I know how to set an enemy up to use an ability on say, turn 5, but how would I do it via this plug-in to have the enemy use an ability with the turn eval condition on Turn 5 and then every X turns without having to make multiple Turn condition evals for every 5th turn.
You would do something like

Turn / 5 === 0: Skill, Target

That way, it'll take effect every 5 turns. :)

Hi Yanfly. Is there a way to entirely disable the Victory BGM parameter in the Victory Aftermath plugin? I'm trying to have a continuous BGM play through the map, battle and victory processing to keep the emotion high during a particular scene, but as far as I can tell this script won't allow for that. If not, is there a little Javascript snippet that I can use to change the Victory BGM parameter through a plugin command in an event? Thanks!
Yes, it's in the Help File under plugin commands.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Stat Upgrades

Ever wanted to make use of Job Points to create a way to permanently increase stats? Well, now you can by combining two Yanfly Engine Plugins!

Yuudai

Burritoman!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Yuudai, on 22 Nov 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Hi yanfly!

I love your skill learn plugin in collaboration with jobpoints plugin.

Is there any way to buy Items/Armors/Weapons with jobpoints? that would be awesome!   :D

keep up the good work!
It'll be shown in the next Tips & Tricks.  :)

awww still don't know how to buy Items/Weapons/Armors with JP  ;_;

anyway great tips&tricks will be useful too!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yuudai, on 22 Nov 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

It'll be shown in the next Tips & Tricks.  :)

awww still don't know how to buy Items/Weapons/Armors with JP  ;_;

anyway great tips&tricks will be useful too!
You can basically set it where instead of gaining the parameter, you can do

$gameParty.gainItem($dataWeapons[1], 1);instead. :)

Shake0615

Reanimator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it's in the Help File under plugin commands.
....I...don't know how I missed that...Now I'm "that guy," the one who misses obvious stuff in the documentation.  >_>  Thank you though!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
....I...don't know how I missed that...Now I'm "that guy," the one who misses obvious stuff in the documentation.  >_>  Thank you though!
Haha, it's alright. I know I can write an overwhelming amount of text so it's not unusual for people to miss things.

Chaach

Chaach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I just tested it out and it worked for me. Do you have all the latest updates of the plugins?
i found the problem, it was "Turn Structure = True"  on the BattleSysATB plugin config,i turn it to False and the state is working, i'll back if i find more problems, thanks yanfly!

edit1: oh man, now the cooldown is shown as broken numbers, like 2.17, how to make it show only the first number?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
The cooldowns are intended to show that way. However, what you're probably using is a time based cooldown. For that, go into the updated cooldown settings and adjust it to Turn Based as opposed to time based by setting it false.

Chaach

Chaach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The cooldowns are intended to show that way. However, what you're probably using is a time based cooldown. For that, go into the updated cooldown settings and adjust it to Turn Based as opposed to time based by setting it false.
yeah, fixed, but i lost my global actions cooldown, instead, it is individually now, i'll keep it, thanks again!

Yuudai

Burritoman!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
You can basically set it where instead of gaining the parameter, you can do

$gameParty.gainItem($dataWeapons[1], 1);instead. :)
mhh...I see

is it possible to create a shop scene charging JP instead of gold?

thats what I want *_*

Jackkel Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to add an escape command to the Message Core plugin that finds an Enemy's name from the database based on the enemy's ID? Since other database items (like weapons and skills) have escape commands for showing their name in message boxes, it might also be useful to have it for enemies.

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please help! I have installed the ATB and changed the Battle Engine Core System Default from dtb to atb and the atb seems to work but it doesn't show the atb gauge on the battle screen. What can I do?

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please help! I have installed the ATB and changed the Battle Engine Core System Default from dtb to atb and the atb seems to work but it doesn't show the atb gauge on the battle screen. What can I do?
Are you using the visual atb plugin?

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the visual atb plugin?
No, not at all. Should I?

Edit: Okay I have tried to use visual atb plugin and added to notes of both my enemy and my ally <Show ATB Gauge> and still it doesn't show neither my nor my enemy's atb gauge.

Edit again: Okay it seems I have fixed it! What I did was move the plugin Yep_CoreEngine to the top and now it shows the ATB gauge.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
mhh...I see

is it possible to create a shop scene charging JP instead of gold?

thats what I want *_*
Hmmm, that might actually be something worthy of a Plugin idea. :o

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to add an escape command to the Message Core plugin that finds an Enemy's name from the database based on the enemy's ID? Since other database items (like weapons and skills) have escape commands for showing their name in message boxes, it might also be useful to have it for enemies.
I can definitely see that becoming a useful feature to add~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll
Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanyatanishande