[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Passives do not trigger apply and remove effects.

---

This isn't a bug, but rather, something caused by MV itself. While an event is running, you cannot trigger other events (ie you cannot talk to them). Therefore, while the OK Trigger is occurring, if you have a wait, an event is still running, thus, blocking you from being able to talk to the NPC.

---

Do you mean when you check "Exclude Unsued Files"?

If anything, add this into the js file at line 22

* @require 1
    * @dir img/system/
    * @type file

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
    Hitzuki Key likes this.
  2. Aquawings

Aquawings Villager Member

First Language:
    Chinese(TW)
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Excuse me, If my report will be against the rules, I’m so sorry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Plugin Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Skill Cost Items[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Bug Explanation:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Open Skill window in menu will be Error.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Error Report:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Cannot read property 'skillItemCost' of null[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] I use a plugin is jay_dualtechs, I just watch it in Tips & Tricks, But put jay_dualtechs plugin on the YEP_SkillCore and YEP_SkillCostItems will do not display Jay’s plugin (And the plugin almost can’t use), But put this plugin under your plugins, Open Skill menu will be error in game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]How can I do to cancel this error?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Or I just can’t use Jay’s plugin?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thank you of read this report.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]*I’m Taiwanese So my English is very poor. Sorry again.[/SIZE]

3. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can't, Yanfly does not suport plugins that are not made by him.

Yanfly likes this.
  4. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In my topic, you said you got it working. Go there and give more info. And keep it there; I strive to maintain Yanfly compatibility whenever possible.

Yanfly likes this.
  5. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly, I created an expansion of your PartyLimitGauge plugin for someone that wanted a vertical gauge.

I know you let us use your plugins even in commercial games for free, but I'd still like to ask for approval to share it, both for the person and on my own topic like DreamX did in his BattleStatusWindow one.

I had to shrink the gauge by a third, since if I put it the same size as it is horizontal it goes in front of the text. But besides that it worlks about the same as your one, just... vertical.

Yanfly likes this.
  6. Hitzuki Key

Hitzuki Key Dark Knight Veteran

First Language:
    None really xD

@"Exclude Unused Files"

Yes, the file will not be included when checking "Exclude Unused Files".

I tried adding the code into the .js file (on line 22-24) and tried out saving the game again excluding unused files..

But it didn't work again. :/ I don't know, I don't think I did anything wrong..

Here's a screenshot of the .js file!

sucreen.png

Thanks for the fast reply Yanfly! ♥ [​IMG]

Yanfly likes this.
  7. Saneterre

Saneterre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Unless you use MV by default (meaning no plugins, no notetags, etc), it's a very bad idea to use this "exclude unused files" option. You have to exclude what isn't needed manually most of the time.

Hitzuki Key and Yanfly like this.
  8. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Sure thing! That's not a problem at all. Do you have a link to it? If anything, I can link back to it from my website as well for more exposure. :D

---

I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't get excluded then. :/ Your best bet is to just manually include everything into the final product or to not use the Exclude function.

Hitzuki Key likes this.
  9. mrdankles

mrdankles Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Bug with Target Core/Target Selection. This is from a mobile port of my test game, I can't reproduce this crash screen on a PC, but it happens on mobile. Once in a blue moon on the PC version, will NOT let me select an ally or enemy. It will be stuck on either enemy side or ally side. There is nothing showing up in console, mobile is the only place I see this error. I constantly check for updates to plugins, this was from Saturday night after the target update that was released.  I tested by only using the core engine and target core/selection and it still happens. It's not the easiest thing to produce but it happens at random moments only during battle. I tried everything to figure out how to reproduce it and I can't. Just putting this out there..

image.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  10. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. Hitzuki Key

Hitzuki Key Dark Knight Veteran

First Language:
    None really xD

@Saneterre and Yanfly Okay..

Didn't know that, I always used as little as to no plugins in my games. O: 

Thanks~

But I just thought of something.. To encrypt files; I would have to save the project once excluding every non-used file, delete every files that are found in my project folder and then copy all the files in from the saved game back into my project folder (with files that were not copied; like the EmptyBalloon)..

To then be able to encrypt them, without having to worry about having unused files inside. :'3

Sorry, I might have made it sound complicated and senseless.. xD I'm poor at making sense sometimes.

But that would be the only way in encrypting a project by excluding unused files. =3

kovak likes this.
  12. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Hi @Yanfly

I'm trying to wrap around my head on some 'variables' within your Row Formation. 

These equations below:

• maxRowX - (maxRows - rowId) * 112 + rowIndex * 32
    • centerY + ((rowSize / -2 + 0.5) + rowIndex) * 32 

While they might be self-explanatory and I might be overthinking things, I just wanna confirm a few things below whether they are correct or not: 

1. Max RowX is the Maximum Row X defined in the Position Settings of the Plugin Parameter.
    2. Max Rows, is the Maximum Row defined in General part of the Plugin Parameter.

If it's true, how do I reference currently Maximum Rows of parties? Say, if party consist of Actor 1 (default in Row 1) +and there are no one else at the moment, so it would result in 1 as opposed to 3 (defined Maximum Rows).

[*]rowId is the ID of the row the formula is within (under Row 1 Settings or Row 2 Settings)

[*]rowIndex is the referred Actor. 

[*]centerY is the Center Row Y defined in Position Settings of the Plugin Parameter.

Since I see there are a lot of questions for you too in posts above me, please feel free to just yes/no to make it fast and clear for me. 

Another question: is it possible to limit how much people can occupy a row? Like there can only be 2 actor in the Row 1; If actor 1 and actor 2 is assigned to Row 1, actor 3 cannot be moved to Row 1. 

Also, is it possible to modify how much pixels an actor move forward when currently being selected?

Thank you for taking the time to answer. 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  13. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In regards to your latest T&T today, I wonder if there's a limit to how many buffs/debuffs you can have on someone? Because I was thinking of a similar thing possibly for my Priestess character, except the damage/healing rises the more buffs/debuffs they have.

14. xCanopYx

xCanopYx Warper Member

First Language:
    norwegian
    Its not much of a bug report, im just curious why doodads plugin doesnt show up. I put it in the correct folders, but doesnt show up in the plugin menu ingame. I also got the correct version of rpgmaker

15. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

That's correct except for a few things:

rowId = actor's current Row

rowIndex = the actor's index position in the said row

To change how much they move forward, that's handled in the Battle Engine Core.

---

There's as many buffs as there are base parameters: 8.

cekobico likes this.
  16. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think they meant buff stacks.

If so, I think it is 2 per buff, but Yanfly made a plugin that lets you have more, Buff & States Core.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  17. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, cool! Thanks!

18. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Thank you for the answer @Yanfly ^^ it all makes sense now ~

Also, I want to ask regarding the Action Sequence. No one seem to know in the Action Sequence thread, so I figured confirming with you. 

I could not get nested ifs condition to work with action sequence. I wonder if it is not supported? 

Example code would be: 

Code:
    if $gameSwitches.value(1) 
     motion spell: target
     if $gameSwitches.value(2)
      MP +variable 1: user
     else
      wait: 1
     end
    else 
     TP +variable 1: user
    end

19. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @cekobico, did you try using {}s? Maybe even ;s?

20. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    @Waterguy I'm unfamiliar with that syntax. Would you mind showing me how the {}s or ;s implemented in my code above?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.