[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @cekobico, can I assume you were using another language and is new to javascript? This if structure reminds me of Ruby.

if ($gameSwitches.value(1)) {
    motion spell: target;
    if ($gameSwitches.value(2)) {
    MP +variable 1: user;
    } else {
    wait: 1;
    }
    } else {
    TP +variable 1: user;
    }

Now, I may be wrong. I admit never working with Action Sequences before, so maybe they do not support {}s or ;s. But it is a start, right?

If it doesn't work, remove the ;s before the {}s, most codes I've seen do not seen to use ;s.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
    Yanfly likes this.
  2. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    @Waterguy throw me "unexpected token {" guess even the brackets are not supported xD

3. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yanfly likes this.
  4. Mullnado

Mullnado Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey so I'm having an issue with the AftermathLevelUp plugin of Yanfly's. Here's a screenshot of my issue:

I have the BattleEngineCore and the VictoryAftermath plugins installed and ON, and have made no changes to anything whatsoever.

Is there a solution to this? I haven't found anyone else who has had the same issue. I also downloaded it from here: http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/16/yep-59-aftermath-level-up/

Thanks in advance.

AftermathLevelUp_ERROR.png

5. Rerre

Rerre Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Did you try fn+f10? I'm currently on a macbook air and it works fine ^^

6. Aximm

Aximm Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi, I just need some help about the Absorbation barrier plugin :

I want the "Guard" skill to give absorbation barrier depending of the user's mdf

I tried the lunatic codes gived in the Help section but it doesn't seems to work (I don't know anything about Javascript too ... XvX ),

so if you can help me with that, thank you ^^

7. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mullnado what does the console (F8) show?

@Aximm To use lunatic code you'd need to know a bit of javascript, or find someone who does. What code did you try?

<Custom User Barrier 1 Turns>
    value = user.mdf;
    </Custom User Barrier 1 Turns>

Does this work?

8. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

YEP.117 - Passive Aura Effects

Passive Aura Effects are commonly found in many online multiplayer games with RPG elements. When a battler can give out an aura, it will affect other nearby battlers, too, either ally and/or foe. This plugin will allow states to generate aura effects for other party members, opponents, or specifically for actor and/or enemy parties.

You can grab the plugin here:
    Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/10/08/yep-117-passive-aura-effects-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  9. Mademoiselle Jojo

Mademoiselle Jojo Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Am I the only one who has trouble seeing the difference between casting aura effects and casting a state to everyone ?

10. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mademoiselle Jojo, au aura is basically a state cast passively on other people by the owner's presence, but get rid of the aura on the owner and you can get rid of it on others.

Like, every time a poisonous flower is in battle, everyone else gets poisoned. Kill the flower, you can finally get rid of the poison - before that, you'd just get poisoned again next turn.

Mademoiselle Jojo likes this.
  11. Screedle

Screedle Villager Member

First Language:
    English

I think the main element of it is that it puts the burden of adding/removing the states upon whomever has the aura. For example, lets say we have an "Armor reduction" state that applies a DEF debuff to all enemies;

• If the state is simply applied to the entire enemy party, that means that each one of them would have to individually cleanse the effect to get rid of it. Additionally, the effect would remain even if the ally who cast the spell was KO'd, which might not make sense from a story perspective (e.g. the cause of the DEF reduction is due to holy power generated by the caster).
    • If the state is applied as a result of the ally having an aura, it means that the main way of getting rid of the state is to now get rid of the aura's source - the ally in question. This means that from a gameplay standpoint, players need to actually protect the character that gives out the state, rather than just using it and not having to worry about the ally being KO'd. Additionally, like I mentioned above, having to kill the source of an aura to cancel its effects can make more sense.

Personally, I think this combined with auto passive state has good potential for special boss monsters - for example, a bonus boss having an "Overwhelming Presence" aura that reduces ally Attack and Agility until the boss is knocked below 50% HP.

Mademoiselle Jojo likes this.
  12. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can this be used with Element Core?

13. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also sounds a lot like how Bards/Dancers work in some RPGs - they keep singing/dancing for a while, affecting targets. KO the Bard/Dancer and the effects go away.

14. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Huh! Yeah... maybe I can use it like that...

15. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    sweet aura effects....hmmm i'm guessing these can be applied as passive effects to gear and actors/enemies as well if so i have just found a way to increase the level of strategy in my game to a whole new teir

16. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Plugin Name: GamepadConfig.js

Bug Explanation: The issue I have been having with this plugin is, no matter what way I install the plugin, the configuration option does not show up under options, the main menu, or even in the in game menu. I have even started a new project from scratch, did nothing to it, then proceeded to install the yanfly core engine plug in, then the gamepad configure plugin in that order, it still didn't work, then I tried the yanfly core engine plug in, the yanfly main menu manager plugin, then the gamepad configure plugin, and again, it did not work.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Just start the game, and it won't be there.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): I am guessing I'm supposed to give a download link, if so, here it is, just put it in the game folder for RPG Maker MV. http://www.mediafire.com/file/u7oxzyzvtsmxin6/Zooma.zip

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  17. Hikitsune-Red

First Language:
    English

Have you read the instructions? It requires that a gamepad be plugged in order to access the config menu. Do you have a recognized one plugged in?

18. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly

Plugin Name: YEP_X_PassiveAuras.js && YEP_BuffStatesCore

Bug Explanation: When an actor applies an aura effect to a troop or allies the custom apply effect (among others) does not register for the aura state. (EDIT: From further testing it looks like only Custom Regenerate Effect registers)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start the game and open up the console, walk toward and interact with the bat. It will get you into a fight. Find and use Therese's Brillance. :)  (Her only command in Special.) Watch the console and it will print out what steps it registered. (I have used the Lunatic Mode effects in the Aura's specific state to showcase what's being read or not)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://mega.nz/#!CYMW0SrZ!Tofkvv9259T0Wmu8Pmc9wLUt4phtpdwV-tVrHejbzHU

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  19. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes, I have read the instructions, I had my gamepad plugged into the computer before I started the game up, and I even tried plugging it in after I started the game, it didn't change ether way.

I don't know if RPG Maker MV recognizes it, but my computer and even VX Ace recognized it.

If it helps, my gamepad is a Snakebyte wired controller for PS3 and PC.

This one http://mysnakebyte.com/produkte/produktseiten/pc-xcon-wired.html

The name of it was changed in the US release of it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3Y3CSE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00519BF0O&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=K50NK98P6Y5YBMT0KXGY

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  20. Hikitsune-Red

First Language:
    English

A note that may answer this, if not, then don't mind me:

Passive States (which this Plug-In is an extension of) do not use Custom Apply Effect code, so, if you're talking about CAE not working on the aura that is applied to everyone else, I don't think it will work (I can't speak for the origin state).

Yanfly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.