[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Thank you for the reply Hikitsune-Red.

Actually Passive States totally uses Custom Apply Effects, especially if you use it as a condition.

I have a skill in my game that grants the user AGI if the user is wielding a melee weapon. only  if a melee weapon is held, otherwise it turns off.

CAE allows for that to happen. there is also Custom Battle Effects, which is what people usually use for Passive States. but the Aura itself doesn't register (or know?) that is has those notetags.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  2. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

My apologies, you're right, I'm thinking of an earlier conflict with Passive ROW States.

3. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yanfly likes this.
  4. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MrPurpleDreadlocks you are adding them to the applied state and not to the origin, right?

5. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English

Yes correct. The reason why this is important, is because I want to give a barrier to everyone affected by the Aura. however, I want the origin to have the full effect and the party to have half of the effective barrier. I would like it to only happen once, not during Turn Start, Action Start or Regen effect.

Go ahead and look at my sample project. It has it all set up correclty. (minus the barrier)

6. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why not give the aura state its half and the origin the other? wouldn't that make it work?

7. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is it possible to just have the actor party switch for battles with just the default party switch in the main menu? I have all my characters displayed in the main menu so it would be pointless to open a new window just to switch around party members.

8. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English

Not exactly as you think. I can do it just fine for the origin, however since apply effect doesn't work for the aura, I can't give the aura a custom value.

Have you checked out this?

9. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English

Have you checked out this?

10. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm intending to use that one. I just don't want to use Yanfly's Party Menu in the main menu itself since all party members are showing in it anyways. I just wonder if it's possible to just use that plugin as opposed to the main one.

I decided all five party members will fight at once since the sixth one I'm at a blank with in terms of storyline and so that I don't trouble Yanfly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

If a gamepad is not plugged in, the gamepad config option won't appear. That said, each controller is registered differently and I can't account for all of the ways they're done. :/ I'm afraid I can't provide extra support here.

---

Hi, can you follow all of these steps?

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.  If you do not attach a sample project to the bug report, your bug report WILL BE ignored. There are NO exceptions.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

12. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English

That is ok, It's probably just the gamepad I'm using,Thank you very much.

I might just need to get a Xbox360 gamepad or something, since I have read around forums saying that it works with your plugin.

13. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok, I tried those and still didn't quite get the line up I was looking for. :(

So pardon my editing skills (or severe lack thereof), but I have attached some images to better express what I am looking for.

-The basic idea is that there are two Rows, Front.. and back..

-No matter how many Actors are in battle, they are placed from top to bottom, in the same row, in a line.

-They may overlap a little (Actor below's head may over lap the Actor above's feet).

-When multiple Actors change Rows, their position in the party does not change, just their horizontal position.

-They're horizontal position doesn't have to be as dramatic as I've outlined in this image, but should be visibly clear that they are in the Back Row.

Does this all make sense?..

In Example1: All Actors are in the Front Row.

In Example 2: Harold and Lucius are in the Back Row, while Marsha and Therese are in the Front Row.

In Example 3: Harold is the only Actor, and in the Front Row.

In Example 4: Harold (Back Row) and Therese (Front Row) are the only two Actors.

Thanks in advanced. :)

-Mia

EXAMPLE - Copy.png

EXAMPLE.BackRow.png

EXAMPLE.Only1.png

EXAMPLE.Only2.png

14. EliteFerrex

EliteFerrex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello again, Yanfly!

Thank you SO MUCH for the Aura Effects plugin! I've been waiting to make a character that's centered around Auras for months now, and your plugin literally made everything I wanted to do a complete breeze. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really appreciate all the hard work you've put into these plugins.

Best wishes! 

15. Zeustiak

Zeustiak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Yanfly, thanks for the amazingly excellent plugins!  I don't know how you do it, but I definitely intend to hit you up on Patreon some time in the future when I can afford it. :)

I had a couple questions if you or another could help me out.  I have searched for several hours and couldn't find answers, so I apologize if this isn't the place.  

Race implementation.  Specifically races adding innate passives, and maybe skills.  I see people mention this everywhere, but I have yet to see anyone explain how they are doing it.  Are there any best practices, or am I missing something obvious?  If I had to do it right now, I would probably use one or a combination of Passive States and Class/Subclass directly on each actor, but that seems more cumbersome that it could/should be.  Is that the right direction?

Multiple Subclass implementation.  I swear I watched one of your videos recently that showed multiple(2) subclass options in the character menu, but I am not seeing how to implement that in the Class/Subclass plugin parameters.  Is this a possibility in the current plugin or would I need to script it in?

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.  Keep up the good work!

16. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've looked in the Row Formation to see if I can get a skill that changes its effect depending on which row the user is in and no such luck. Would anybody know a code that checks for which row the user is in to decide the effect of the skill? It's a simple row switch by the way. I'm only using two.

17. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it just one specific skill? If so, you can handle that within the parameters of the plug-in itself via states that are applied for either row.

18. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Also, is there any way to speed up the CTB? It feels like I have to wait a few seconds for the next turn.

19. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @BloodletterQ You have to increase the Full Gauge param, if you modified it you might get this delay.

The default value is Math.max(7000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 120)

You can try something smaller like Math.max(700, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 120)

You will probably get no delay with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  20. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Actually it was still slow. My problem is that I'm using low stats (99 is the cap) and I had to change the "per tick" settings.

And I have a little trick for that plugin too if you decide to go with icons instead of the automatically generated faces. Line 2239, 

this.drawBorder();

can be removed if you don't want the border with your icons.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
    kovak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.