[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try to play around with the formula, i got the same issue with CTB too and decided to move to ITB since i couldn't understand how tick-based stuff worked.

Try something like this Math.max(14000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 240)

2. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My apologies!

Here's the new updated link: https://mega.nz/#!fJEUASAZ!QBEmypMSmWE6xtNCI77hjnRJioYUsgA-pGMSYyKuWeU

3. Mullnado

Mullnado Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Waterguy Here's the screenshot Error1.png

4. benz10wheel

benz10wheel Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Try this formula then. First is formula for Y(vertical position) from what I see you seem to want a static position then you dont need centerY in the formula.

Row 1 Home Y: $gameParty.members().indexOf(this._actor) * 48 + 180

Row 2 Home Y: $gameParty.members().indexOf(this._actor) * 48 + 180

Increase or decrease 48 to adjust gap size between each character (vertically) and adjust the whole formation by changing the number 180 to something else to fit your game.

Next is X(Horizontal position). If you want exact straight line formation then you don't need any formula just put in the value for X position

change number 500 or 650 to adjust the horizontal position for each row.

Row 1 Home X: 500

Row 2 Home X: 650

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  5. DK

DK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why do you use "Yanfly._loaded_YEP_CoreEngine" in CoreEngine ? This causes an error in plugins of localization, which are used  DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded, when language changed (new database load).

strelokhalfer likes this.
  6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Zeustiak: I do that with passive states in my game, and add the passive state for the race and/or class to the enemy. Haven't seen any other way to do it myself.

7. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yanfly likes this.
  8. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

The easiest way to do this is to put the passive state notetags directly in the actor/enemy's notebox. You're allowed to do that.

I just looked through the Subclass Plug-In, and there is no implementation of a second (let alone, multiple) subclass.

9. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Because it is to prevent notetags from being parsed multiple times over, causing problems if they do get loaded multiple times. Some effects would essentially be doubled up otherwise. I'm afraid I can't help much else on this. :/

---

From the front page:

F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS

The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DTB). They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.

• If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.
    • If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
    • For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.
    • If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your 
    • In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
    • For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.

If all of these issues are beyond you, then I'm afraid the ATB and CTB plugins aren't for you. As a developer, it is your responsibility to understand the plugins and systems you are using. You are not doing your players any favor by using a system that you, yourself, do not fully comprehend. I will not educate anyone how ATB and CTB systems work. My plugins work based on the ATB and CTB systems of existing Final Fantasy games with slight tweaks to fit RPG Maker MV's system. Please study them on your own accord. 

---

Auto Passive States will grant permanent states to certain characters. You can use that for your racial traits. Just give all members of the same race the same passive effect and they'll basically function as a race effect.

As for the subclasses, I'm not sure where you saw that. A user can only have one subclass at a time.

10. Mademoiselle Jojo

Mademoiselle Jojo Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    A small question about a possible new plugin:

Months ago, you have released an extension of YEP_MessageCore named YEP_X_ExtMesPack1. What will YEP_X_ExtMesPack2 be about ?

11. Zeustiak

Zeustiak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks, I will work out the passives for the races.  Is there a good place in the character screens where I can clearly display that information once I give them the passives?  I was thinking of using the primary class as the race, and the sublclass for their actual class since it would show "Human/Fighter" or whatever in their character window which would be aesthetically/mechanically pleasing, but would reduce my ability to play around with classes without the ability to have multiple subs.  

On the other hand, I am considering going with a more skill based system over class based, which may make the point moot anyway.  Maybe use the class/sub-class for dual-race combos.  

12. Rutibex

Rutibex Villager Member

Hello, I am trying to make Yanflys Main Menu Manager disable a menu command with a switch.  How can I make it do that?  It says it is an "eval" what ever that means.  I assume it want a piece of code that says "GameSwitch23 = True" or something but I don't know how to format it exactly.

Please help!

13. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rutibex try 

Code:
    $gameSwitches(23) === true

14. Rutibex

Rutibex Villager Member

Thanks for the help, but that made the game crash with an error "Object is not a Function" :(

15. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rutibex, then try 

Code:
    $gameSwitches.value(23) === true

16. Rutibex

Rutibex Villager Member

That worked like a charm!  Thank you.

17. Xamusel

Xamusel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, everyone. I am here because, well... I'm running into a problem right now.

See, I was trying to make a game that would be able to work with all of Yanfly's plugins to date, but I know I'm screwing up somewhere. The issue first started because I was using the Grid Free Doodads plugin in the game project I was working on. Upon investigating the issue by starting troubleshooting with a blank project, I first thought nothing was wrong, at least until today. I decided to make positively sure, so I opened the test project and, after messing with the list of plugins to be what Yanfly was looking for, I began playtesting. Nothing was wrong at first, even if the game was too fast to begin the new game. After that, however, I opened the main menu... and got a TypeError of "cannot read property 'bind' of undefined".

I tried it a second time, but after I thought I had everything flushed from the original project that would make it difficult. The same exact error happened again, which leads me to wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, right, spoiler incoming for the error message I got in the debug window:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'bind' of undefined
        at Scene_Menu.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MainMenuManager.js:3891:69), <anonymous>:1:58)
        at Scene_Menu.createCommandWindowBinds (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MainMenuManager.js:3891:5)
        at Scene_Menu.createCommandWindow (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MainMenuManager.js:3865:10)
        at Scene_Menu.createCommandWindow (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:1383:46)
        at Scene_Menu.createCommandWindow (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_RowFormation.js:2041:47)
        at Scene_Menu.create (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/rpg_scenes.js:772:10)
        at Scene_Menu.create (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MainMenuManager.js:3859:34)
        at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/rpg_managers.js:1810:25)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/rpg_managers.js:1789:18)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Test%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_FpsSynchOption.js:131:12)

I'll upload the project to Dropbox in a short bit. Hope this helps out.

18. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Xamusel I checked the line on the plugin. You put one of the binds in the mainmenumanager wrong.

19. Xamusel

Xamusel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Uh-oh... that explains it. So, in that case, how am I supposed to put in the binds right? I forget...

EDIT: Okay, never mind that last question, I figured it out. It turns out I wasn't using single quotes.

EDIT 2: Alright... new issue that I couldn't figure out how to fix just yet in the main project. Here's the error log for it:

TypeError: undefined is not a function
        at Function.SceneManager.initAudio (rpg_managers.js:1670)
        at Function.SceneManager.initialize (rpg_managers.js:1619)
        at Function.SceneManager.run (rpg_managers.js:1608)
        at Function.SceneManager.run (/C:/Users/Xamusel/Documents/Games/Kingdom%20Hearts%20Reimagined/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:868)
        at window.onload (main.js:8)

Granted, it told me that it "cannot read property 'TileRenderer' of undefined", so I don't know what the issue is. I tried updating the project's main javascript to be the new version... no dice.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2016
  20. benz10wheel

benz10wheel Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not sure it is intended but need some help with Yanfly's Area of effect plugin.  <AOE Center Animation>  function seems to work perfectly  with skill that doesn't use action sequence. 

However AoE Skill with action sequence seems to play animation for each target instead of playing the animation on the center selected target

Even putting animation command outside <whole action> tag doesn't seem to fix this are there anyway to force action sequence to only play animation only on the selected target?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.