- Jul 2, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: YEP_EquipCore
Bug Explanation: When an actor dual-wields, it is impossible to unequip the second weapon through the Change Equipment command.
Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Make actor dual-wield. Make an event try to remove the weapon on the second slot. Check if the weapon is still there.
Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu8fxq2xtaosp2i/DequipSecondWeapon.rar?dl=0
I want to ask regarding the Action Sequence. No one seem to know in the Action Sequence thread, so I figured confirming with you.
I could not get nested ifs condition to work with action sequence. I wonder if it is not supported?
Example code would be:
if $gameSwitches.value(1) motion spell: target if $gameSwitches.value(2) MP +variable 1: user else wait: 1 end else TP +variable 1: user end
THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR PLUGIN UPDATES, NEW YEP VIDEOS, AND BUG REPORTS!
This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.
To make a bug report, simply report it in this thread. Chances are, I will find out about the bug in this thread than by making one in the JS Support forum.
ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template:
Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)
Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)
Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).
Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)
Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report. If you do not attach a sample project to the bug report, your bug report WILL BE ignored. There are NO exceptions.
Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.
1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.
NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.
NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.
NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.
WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:
If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:
- It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
- Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
- It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.
Thank you for understanding.
BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING
1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/
2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.
3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?
4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager?
You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/
Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.
5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.
6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.
F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS
The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DT. They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.
- If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.
- If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
- For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.
- If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your
- In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
- For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.
If all of these issues are beyond you, then I'm afraid the ATB and CTB plugins aren't for you. As a developer, it is your responsibility to understand the plugins and systems you are using. You are not doing your players any favor by using a system that you, yourself, do not fully comprehend. I will not educate anyone how ATB and CTB systems work. My plugins work based on the ATB and CTB systems of existing Final Fantasy games with slight tweaks to fit RPG Maker MV's system. Please study them on your own accord.
Any original material made by Yanfly is free for use with both free and commercial RPG Maker games unless specified otherwise. I do not demand royalties or special liberties if you choose to use Yanfly original content in your commercial games. (Although a free copy of your game would be nice!) I only ask that you provide “Yanfly” or “Yanfly Engine” a spot in your game’s credits.
Any edits made to Yanfly original material are okay as long as you still provide the proper credit. Any non-Original content posted, linked, or shared on my website and channel will still require you to contact the respective parties for permission of use.
I think this is simple. I’d like to keep it simple. I ask of you, as users, to please do not do things that will make me complicate it for everyone.
@Yanfly Is there any way I can set up a custom XParam formula for each actor? I have a custom default HIT formula for all actors but I would like to set up some individually.
@Yanfly This isn't a request, but just an idea I've been wondering about for awhile now regarding independent items. Would it be possible to code it so that when using the independent items feature, the items are in stacks and will only become an independent item if they were upgraded? Like say I am carrying 20 potions. If I upgrade 1 potion, that 1 potion becomes an independent item, and I will still have a stack of 19 potions left. Considering the number of upgrade slots are fixed when an item is bought from the store, I thought maybe items obtained through events can be considered independent, while items bought from a store can come in a stack.
If this is possible, I will post a request for it in a separate topic at a later date.
Can I make a suggestion? With the Doodads plugin using Grid Mode, I feel like it would be convenient to have the x and y coordinates not be based on pixels, but instead based on the tile's coordinates based on the in-engine editor. I know you could just divide the x and y by 48 or whatever tile size you're using. It's just a quality of life idea that I've had and not necessarily a requirement.