[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    Plugin Name: YEP. 56 - Limited Skill Uses

Bug Explanation: The following tag do not work. The skills not recover uses.

<Victory Uses Recover: x>
    <Escape uses Recover: x>
    <Lose Uses Recover: x>
    <After Battle Uses Recover: x>

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: 

I don't know where the bug is, but I think is a fact of incompatibility between some of the Yanfly plugin. 

The single plugin (YEP. 56) work fine, but when I do the following setup using various Yanfly plugin, the bug show.

I have a skill with Instant Cast (YEP. 22) and Limit Use. The skill is of a type allowed (YEP. 106), not equipped.

At the end of every combat, recover the use (so it can be activated, as istant, only one time for battle).

The ability work fine, but at the following combat, the skill cannot be used.

The problem present itself even without ATB e CTB combat mode.

In the sample project I have replicate the bug. To see the error in action:

Enter the combat. Use the special skill called TEST in the combat. Win the combat. Enter the combat again, the skill cannot be used.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8lohvrm5159ms6/TEST.zip

2. Zeustiak

Zeustiak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How do we get rid of all mentions of TP?  I found a way to get rid of the TP bar(<Swap Gauge 2: MP> &<Swap Gauge 3: Nothing>), but not the mentions of TP regen and whatnot in the status screen.  

3. Mooshry

Mooshry Ariana Grande has consumed my very existence help. Veteran

First Language:
    Cow
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yanfly! Yanfly! How do i make an action sequence that lets a character move to an enemy, and stay in front of it until the enemy moves away or attacks another enemy?

4. Saneterre

Saneterre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    You are just trolling, right ?

How would anyone know why you have this problem ? We are not in front of your computer, we don't know which plugins you are using.

You just tell about a problem and not give any other information ? Try to find it yourself. Start a new project and see if you still have this problem. Then add plugins one by one and see if the problem re-appears.

Apart from that, try to think before posting. I know I sound harsh, but being nice to you here is not doing anyone (not even you) a favor.

5. Nina888

Nina888 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Well sorry i have repare the problem:

I have use the plugin of Victor Sant for create a throw comand ...and i have the plugin Battle core of Yanfly.

It's possible to create a plugin or a trick of Yanfly for create a Throw comand system , please ?

6. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Zeustiak In the plugin parameters of the Status Menu Core you can specify which attributes you want to display. Just take a look at the attributes columns. 

7. Zeustiak

Zeustiak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, Status Menu Core, thanks!  

So many plugins I almost need a plugin to help me reference all the rest... :p  

8. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    Maybe is not the right topic...

But, is just me or in YEP.91 – Equip Skill Tiers – RPG Maker MV is missing the parameters for the basic value of every tier?

The video say it must be present (1.23), but no parameters do that thing.

Only the maximum amount is present, not the initial value.

Someone can help me understand this?

Or, better, is possible to set the initial value of an actor?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  9. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English

The maximum is the only value that can be set by parameters, as the maximum cannot be exceeded.

In order to set the default/initial value of an actor's equippable slots you must use the notetags provided to decrease his/her slots to value wanted. i.e.

Maximum for Tier 1 = 8

I want Aldo to have 4 equippable skills initially

Aldo's Notetag: <Skill Tier 1 Slots: -4>

nerochepiace likes this.
  10. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Thanks for the catch!

I'll get this fixed by the next update!

11. Lnik3500

Lnik3500 Master Troll Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: Grid-Free Doodads

Bug Explanation: if you have a screen smaller than the actual map, a doodads placed with a cut-off from the top will show the other half at the bottom of the map

1) Open the game

2) You'll notice the single tree at the top of the screen

3) Go at the bottom of the map

4) You'll see that the other half of the tree is there

Sample Project (REQUIRED): http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wf54r66v97jrsb/2016-10-19+Bug+Report+-+Grid-Free+Doodads.rar

kovak likes this.
  12. cdaz

cdaz Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai
    Can I ask some question please?

How can I change [YEP Common Event Menus]'s font?
    I want it to use same font setting as I set for [YEP Message Core].
    I don't like to use default font in menu.

And can I make menu list bigger?
    Not the size of frame but size of choice button itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2016
  13. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Plugin Name: Animated Sideview Battlers.

Bug Explanation: Since MV updated to 1.3.2 the ordinary SV battlers aren't doing breathing etc.. and the replaced battlers with ASB are jumping around like they are in a kumite competition.  Tried running this with all your different type battle engines (atb, dtb, ctb) and same result.  Tried all the various settings for the plugin and still the same result.

1) Open the game

2) Click on Actor 1_2

3) Battle will Start.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4996715/Project4.zip

maxinm likes this.
  14. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English
    maxinm likes this.
  15. maxinm

maxinm Undermax Games Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Yanfly, as said 

Hikitsune-Red

padr81

We have this problem with RPG MAKER MV 1.3.2, i want to show you  what we means:

Please, look at this: 

Please. I need a fix As possible u can...

16. cpyap

cpyap Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Plugin Name: YEP.26 – Critical Control

Bug Explanation: 

Everything works well, except if you put <Magical Critical Rate: +x%> into State.

If you put <Critical Rate: x%> into skill directly, it worked.

If you put <Physical Critical Rate: +x%> or <Certain hit Critical Rate: +x%> into any state, it worked. 

If you put <Magical Critical Rate: +x%> in class, actor, weapon or armor, it worked.

Only if you put <Magical Critical Rate: +x%> in State, it stop working.

Put <Magical Critical Rate: +x%> into State.

17. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

I'll be working on bug fixes for newly arisen issues found in 1.3.2.

Hikitsune-Red likes this.
  18. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Thanks, I'll get this fixed.

--

Make sure you have ALL of the plugins updated before issuing a bug report.

---

Thanks, I'll get this taken a look at.

padr81 and maxinm like this.
  19. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report. If you do not attach a sample project to the bug report, your bug report WILL BE ignored. There are NO exceptions.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
    2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
    3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

20. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry I was trying all different combinations to see would it work. I'll reupload with the newest versions.

Yanfly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.