[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't forget to check if there is still a problem first...

Yanfly likes this.
  2. Yoshifull

Yoshifull Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I am using the Jump from the Tip & Tricks, but while it used to work well in the past, after updating my plugins, I find myself with an error when the character's Jump's status leaves. It says that "undefined is not a function".

It is troublesome since one of my character relies heavily on it. Any ideas as to how to correct it?

3. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
     Yanfly has it already updated to 1.15, I had 1.14 earlier which was the newest, I was just trying old ones incase they worked.

Thanks Yanfly, you work fast.

Yanfly likes this.
  4. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: YEP.1 Core Engine & YEP.14 Main Menu Manager

Bug Explanation: The error appeared after updating to 1.3.2. When I put a resolution bigger than 816x624 (1104x624 for example), part of the command window in the main menu seems cut (and the gold window too). I don't know what of the two plugins have the bug, but only appears with the combination of those two. I adressed an image of it:

[​IMG]

Error Report: No error message.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Open the game, then open the main menu and see the command window.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): YEP Bug report

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  5. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

This seems to be a new bug introduced by 1.3.2's changes to the WindowLayer. -_-

For this one, it's better if you reported it to the devs. There's nothing to really replicate with it by default, but the window mask layer is extending past where it should be.

Oscar92player likes this.
  6. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Thanks, Yanfly. I already reported the issue in the support forums. I hope the devs can fix this without more problems.

@Yanfly I have found another issue, this one related to the fullscreen and the Core Engine (maybe it's related with the bug above).

Plugin Name: YEP.1 Core Engine

Bug Explanation: If you try to put the game in fullscreen with the YEP Core Engine enabled, the resolution of the game will be the same as in windowed mode, and the F3 key (to toggle stretch mode) don't work too.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Open the game, and then try to put it in fullscreen mode with the F4 key.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Fullscreen bug report (it's the same demo as above).

7. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  8. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian

I have also noted that, if you return to resolution 800 x 600, the reposition of the battlers is a bit odd...

Like this

9. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

[​IMG]

I'm having no problems. The only change I made to your map is made it 50x50 tiles and filled it with grass to show the borders of the screen.

10. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Yeah, but it's not what I mean. Even with the game running into the default resolution, if I enabled the Core Engine, the Fullscreen mode works like this in my screen (resolution of 1366x768), and Windowed mode is affected too if you stretch the window:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I disabled the plugin, the game runs fine, stretching the image with the default blur filter, in Fullscreen mode and Windowed mode with stretched image:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The point is... this last pictures is how RPG Maker MV runs the fullscreen and window stretched mode by default, but now (and after the 1.3.2/1.3.3 update), the Core Engine no longer renders the game image like before.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

EDIT: Ah wait, I see the problem. I'll explain.

The problem here is due to the new changes made to the Pixi engine.

The way my screen resolution plugin works is, it takes the difference of the screen sizes and extends the window of the game to whatever size you declared in the plugin itself. However, JavaScript will not allow windows to extend past a size that based on your desktop resolution AFTER subtracting the Start Menu bar's height and AFTER subtracting the heights of the window title and borders themselves.

This means, if you are running a 1280x720 resolution game, on your desktop with resolution of 1366x768, with a 40 pixel tall, a window title height of 30 pixels tall, then extra border padding of 2 pixels wide minimum (accounting for both sides with the default theme), you have actually roughly 72 pixels left of space meaning you'll have only 696 pixels of room to display your game. Looking at your screenshot, the height of the image is 691 pixels tall, which means the calculations are in the ballpark area given the theme you're probably running for Windows.

That said, this is something that should have been accounted for by main MV engine itself.

My suggestion? Revert back to MV 1.3.1 for the time being. http://yanfly.moe/beta/BackToMV1.3.1.rar

I'll have to figure out yet another way to fix these oversights.

kovak and Oscar92player like this.
  12. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Thanks, Yanfly. It's a bit difficult to understand all the process of how the fullscreen works, but I'll do what you suggest me and revert my project to 1.3.1 version of the engine. By the way... Should I report this bug too in the RPG Maker MV Support forums too? Maybe the devs can do something about this.

Yanfly likes this.
  13. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

I'm alerting them currently as is.

Oscar92player likes this.
  14. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    For the Action Sequences, is there a code to put so that a skill changes its effect while the user is under a specific status ailment?

Solved. It was if user state instead of status

15. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just to let you guys know that with the "YEP_CoreEngine 1.17" this fullscreen problem wasn't here for me, and now I updated to have a look with the last one and indeed I have the same problem (back borders, small screen in the middle) so I'm back on 1.17 meanwhile.

Maybe this information would help Yanfly to fix the problem quicker by looking at what was working fine back in 1.17 so I'm sharing it.

Yanfly likes this.
  16. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    Maybe is not the full screen resolution, but the resolution altogether.

I have the problem just setting the resolution 1366 x 768 with the YEP.1 Core Engine. Even withouth the Full Screen mode.

Plugin Name: YEP.1 Core Engine

Bug Explanation: If you change the resolution with YEP.1 Core Engine, the resolution of the game will be the same as in windowed mode.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Open the game.

Sample Project (REQUIRED):http://www.mediafire.com/file/9y60ya1enti10i3/test.zip

Test.png

Test2.png

17. Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red 火狐 - Red =^~^= Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For those of you encountering the fullscreen bug, @Archeia has posted a solution in the 1.3.3 Announcement thread.

For easier replacement of code, I suggest commenting out that section rather than completely removing it, in case it does something it shouldn't. That way you don't have to go and redownload the JavaScript. (What? I'm lazy...)

Yanfly and Oscar92player like this.
  18. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Sorry for the inconvenience everybody!

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_CoreEngine.js

Update to that Core Engine update. I've made the changes today to fix the issue.

Other things that have been added are a means of clearing stored and staggering garbage collection that just wouldn't leave the Scene_Map and Scene_Battle scenes. This won't solve 100% of memory leaks, but it should cause things to not bloat up as fast. Let's hope this gets things cleaner and not messier.

19. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

YEP.118 – Vehicle Restrictions – RPG Maker MV

This plugin expands region restrictions (and allowed regions) to vehicles. On top of that, you can designate specific regions for vehicles to land in. This way, you can make it so that small boats cannot traverse certain bodies of watever, land in only certain spots, etc. that ships can or vice versa! Add a bit more variety to the way vehicles are handled for your game! 

http://yanfly.moe/2016/10/22/yep-118-vehicle-restrictions-rpg-maker-mv/

Enjoy!

20. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know if this was already reported but with the YEP_CoreEngine v1.20 I have still the battleback scaling issue with a resolution of 1280x720. When I change to default or 1366x1280 it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.