[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good point!

Why hasn't someone done that before?

Oh man, I haven't thought about Action Sequences in AGES.

Also, out of curiosity, what's the cutoff point for Tips and Tricks?

2. Phoenixofchaos

Phoenixofchaos Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a major problem after downloading/updating nearly the full library of YEP plugins.

When I playtest a game, I am completely unable to control anything with the keyboard. I can't navigate the main menu that says "New Game, Continue," etc. The arrows and Enter key simply do nothing. I figured this might be due to the Keyboard Config or Button Common Events Plugins, but disabling them has no effect. Turning off the FPS Sycnh Option plugin fixes the issue, but I'm not sure what caused it to begin with. My PC is running Windows 8 with a 64-bit processor, if that helps.

I hope this info helps fix a bug or something! :D  Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
  3. hosercanadian

hosercanadian Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a question regarding the Common Event Menu.  I created a Common Event Menu to work as a Quest book, but I am having trouble with conditional modification of the Help Description and Subtext info.

Attached are two examples of what I have done.  The first image shows the default info displayed.  The second shows a later set of info.

Through trial and error I have placed these in descending order (highest first, then lowest) to have the menu action work properly.  I can get the menu and text boxes to properly display but the Subtext info does not change.

Two questions:

1. Do the Subtext and Help Description info boxes support conditional changes?

2. Would I need to nest three separate conditional chains (one for the Help Description, one for Subtext, one for the Menu execution)?

Thanks for your advice.

Script2.png

Script1.png

4. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Phoenixofchaos does this happen when that one is the only plugin too? Check it out in a new project

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
  5. Little Adventurer

First Language:
    English
    That IS a good question. I'm going to have to try that myself, because I had the same problem.

6. Zentsuki

Zentsuki Story teller Veteran

First Language:
    French

Not sure why my reupload didn't work, but at any rate, here's a new link. To replicate the problem, talk to the person to the left which will move the character up. Talk to the one on the right to go to map #2. Talk to the person on your left to come back to Map #1, and voilà.

7. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a question related to "YEP.33 – Armor Scaling" plugin.

Not sure, if it is design of this plugin - or bug. 

I am NOT using parameters standard way (thanks to yanfly plugin   Extra Parameter Formula, Special Parameter Formula and  Base Parameter Control )

For example, my physical defense is sparam  MEV

Finally to the point:

In "YEP.33 – Armor Scaling"  plugin paramemeters i can set value for "Armor" called "Physical/Magical/Certain Armor" 

Problem is, when I use formula there not based on Base Parameters - but sparam instead it is ignored

I am using formula 

Physical Armor:  target.mev * 100

(idea is to have 1% of MEV to be equivalent to be Physical Armor value 1.)

(Curiously for myself, in plugin command Positive Physical rate target.mev works)

So, is this plugin parameter designed to work only with formulas based on base parameters? (Or is it bug/overlook in design?) 

If it is bug  I will prepare bug report. 

Resolved, had same plugin Armor Scaling twice in my plugin list each with different setup. 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
  8. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since Yanfly removed the patrons' Tips & Tricks Suggestion Box...

I want to add my items durability. But I want some special weapons that, when broken, instead of losing all stats instead gives only half of them. I can use Lunatic Code for the stats, but how can I make it see the difference between when it is broken or not, and how to make it not be lost when broken? I was thinking of creating a second item for the broken version and making it unbreakable, but how to make it become the older item when repaired, since it will be unbreakable can it be repaired? Also, thinking of making some skills unable to be used with a broken weapon...

Also, how to make a skill affect only the durability of the Body Armor slot, instead of either all armor slots or a random one?

[EDIT] Found this plugin here in the forum that probably already does most of that... BUT! It sill removes all stats of the equipment when it is broken. And found no way to repair an unbreakable item...

9. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yanfly I found another obscure thing when exploring some code...

It seems that Warmups durations are being adjusted by the Cooldown rate. I can see how this might be convenient seeing as both Cooldowns and Warmups are counting the same ticks, and Warmups don't have their own separate tick rate function. But wouldn't this mean any global, trait (etc...) cooldown rates factored into a battlers cooldownRate also be effecting warmups?

I personally don't use warmup's in my battle mechanic, yet, so I haven't troubleshot this. It just looks odd. :D

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.updateWarmupTicks = function() {
    if (this._warmupTurns === undefined) this.clearWarmups();
    for (var skillId in this._warmupTurns) {
    var skill = $dataSkills[skillId];
    if (!skill) continue;
    if (this._warmupTurns[skillId] <= 0) continue;
    this._warmupTurns[skillId] -= this.cooldownRateTick(skill); //<---- Here
    this._warmupTurns[skillId] = Math.max(0, this._warmupTurns[skillId]);
    }
    };

Edit: Note, that this is not the only warmup function that is doing this.

Edit2: (Avoiding double posting)

I just got around to checking the solution for Absorption Barriers pushed out with v1.06 and I am left wondering why you chose that solution? Was there never an intention to allow Barriers to regenerate outside battle? Was the Yanfly.Param.ABRClear option nothing but a cleanup function?

Maybe someone wants their barriers to Regenerate outside battle?

Just curious.

Thanks again!

10. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Uh...is anyone else getting there battle scripts making enemies teleport randomly across the battlefield and floating all over the place?

Not only that each time I re-enter the battle sequence they change all the time, when attacking they warp forwards per animation frame to attack, when hit they fly above the screen.

I have done 0 changes to the plugins at hand, and when I turn off plugins to filter out the problem particularly battle plugins- the problem still persists.

11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Please go to the FPS Synch page: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/10/yep-81-fps-synch-option/

Read the warning.

---

The Common Event Menu doesn't handle conditional branches. The comment tags exist solely for the purpose of there being no notetags for common events whatsoever. The conditional branches and the rest of the contents inside the common events have no bearing on whether or not the traits for the common event items work or not. You would need to create individual common events for each condition for it to be fulfilled.

---

Thanks, I got it this time. Not sure why it does that, but if the original sprite direction is facing down, the direction gets kept. Otherwise, it doesn't. I'll look for the bug and try to fix it.

---

This is intentional. There is no warmupRateTicks function. Warmups and cooldowns reduce in turns the same amount per tick.

As for the Absorption Barrier, yes, the barriers weren't meant to regenerate outside of battle due to potential exploits on the player's behalf.

---

Please fill out a proper bug report for this and I'll see what's going on:

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template:

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? (Click here for all of the latest updates and install themIf you do not have the latest updates, I will ask you to remake the bug report)

Plugin Parameter Changes: (Mention ALL of the changes you've made to the plugin's parameters. Otherwise, I will revert every single plugin's settings to the default setting)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? If so, please leave the line(s) of code in question and your suggested fix for it. Otherwise, please proceed to the following steps. If you've provided a code fix, you may omit the rest of the steps. Thank you!

Create a Sample Project Reproducing the bug: The sample project MUST follow all of these guidelines:

1. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.
    2. The project's file size must be 200 MB or LESS. Remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size or use MV Stripper if you need help doing so.
    3. Install -only- the affected plugins. Do NOT copy/paste them over from your project's Plugin Manager. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include themThat said, I apologize that both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.
    4. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They will not work if you do so. MAKE SURE you DO NOT change the filename from the file downloaded from the website.
    5. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on Yanfly.moe. The correct ordering of plugins is important. Some plugins will not work if they aren't in the right order.
    6. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Do -NOT- box the sample project. If I cannot open up the sample project when I get it, you will have to redo it all.

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? (If not, do so. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.)

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED):

1. Use WinZip or WinRAR to archive the project. Do -NOT- archive it multiple times.
    2. Upload it on a website like Mediafire.com or DropboxDo -NOT- use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it somewhere else.
    3. Post the link here. If you do not include a sample project that meets these guidelines, the bug report will be invalid. There are NO exceptions.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the user go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development. If you cannot be bothered to learn how to troubleshoot, I'm afraid RPG Maker will be giving you a whole lot more stress later on.
    2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
    3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. If you are not serious about getting a bug fixed for your game, then I have no reason to be serious about getting it fixed for you. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

12. Talonos

Talonos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I worked around it anyway, because I needed to work around it.

I'm not sure if this code will work in a general sense or if I just hacked my way to glory here, but if you'd like my fix, here it is:

Code:
    AIManager.conditionTurnCount = function(condition) {
        var action = this.action();
        var item = action.item();
        var user = this.battler();
        var s = $gameSwitches._data;
        var v = $gameVariables._data;
        if (Imported.YEP_BattleEngineCore) {
          if (BattleManager._phase === "input"&&BattleManager.isTurnBased()) {
                condition = '(user.turnCount() + 1) ' + condition;
              } else {
                condition = 'user.turnCount() ' + condition;
              }
        } else {
          if (BattleManager._phase === "input")
          {
            condition = '($gameTroop.turnCount() + 1) ' + condition;
          } else {
              condition = '$gameTroop.turnCount() ' + condition;
          }
        }
        console.log(condition)
        try {
          if (!eval(condition)) return false;
        } catch (e) {
          Yanfly.Util.displayError(e, condition, 'A.I. TURN COUNT ERROR');
          return false;
        }
        var group = this.getActionGroup();
        this.setProperTarget(group);
        return true;
    };
    The problem is that "rough draft" actions are decided during the input phase, but between the input phase and the action phase, the turn number increments. This means the eval is evaluated inconsistently within the same combat round. The fix above prevents that that by adding one to the supposed turn number if it detects that the code is being run in the context of the input phase. Now, the eval comes out the same both times it is evaluated. It completely fixes the problem in the demo I linked. (But not the general case problem of rough-draft actions having different speeds than the final actions evaluated on the enemy's turn.)

Feel free to use it if it works out-of-the-box, or edit it if needed.

Yanfly likes this.
  13. Black Noise

Black Noise Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi.

I'm trying out the Event Encounter Aid, Event Chase Player and Forced Advantage plugins and I'm liking how its turned out.
    But I want my monsters to freely roam the map and then chase the player upon detecting them.

As of now, my monsters only stay in place and then chase the player when they see him/her.

Any tips to get the results I want?
    Thanks.

14. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Black Noise When i did it I used all the Script Calls for the Plugins, then at the end I added a "Move Randomly" command... It works wonderfully. So you could probably use any path or command you want and it'll work the same. I think...

Yanfly likes this.
  15. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Oh nice, I'll have to give that a test run to see if it works out. Won't be adding it to this week's updates, only once I've checked the results of it. :) Thanks for the share.

16. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Yanfly Did one of the updates of the Battle Engine Core change the default "repeat" option for skills? I created a new project with only Battle Engine Core and no matter what I put in the repeat box, the skill and the damage only happens one time.

17. Little Adventurer

First Language:
    English
    *is going through this week's Sample Project again for fun* Have I ever mentioned that I'm jealous of your mapping? Because I'm jealous of your mapping, because it's so well done! I wonder if I can take a few hints from how everything is mapped out for my own maps?

Also, I love how my OC in there has purple hair. How'd you know that was my favorite color?! ;)

18. Zelgadis85

Zelgadis85 IGMC 17/18 Entrant Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly , there's a bug or a flaw in your Vehicle Region Restrictions plugin that I originally thought was due to another plugin. You can fly over map boundaries when using the airship. When making a game using a multi-map overworld, one does not want this :)

The bug is easily reproduced in a new project using only three plugins:
    • Yanfly Core Engine
    • Yanfly Region Restrictions
    • Yanfly Vehicle Restrictions
    I reckon you could remedy this by painting the map borders with a region ID that doesn't allow airship entry, but when you are supposed to fly from map to map this quickly becomes impossible.

I have uploaded a sample project for this. Note that all plugin parameters are left as default.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  19. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a question about Weapon Unleashed.... is there a way to change the color of the text when a skill replaces the Attack command? Like making the skill's color a yellow or red depending on the situation or circumstances?

20. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Yanfly, not sure if you'll see this, but it isn't a bug, just curious if there is ay way to give augments a cost. As in the augment takes up 2-3 slots on a weapon rather being able to use 3 augments now you can use one worth one slot and one worth two slots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.