[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly

I'm not sure what to make of an issue with the Picture Common Events plugin (might be a bug, might not)...

If you have multiple common event triggering pictures overlapping at all, clicking on them (where there's overlap) will trigger the furthest picture back, not the one that appears on top as one might expect.

Is that working as intended or should I submit a bug report?

2. Platsch

Platsch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Yanfly,
    Always If i activate a stopwatch by a event and the time continues, and it comes a fight, in battle if the time is over, the battle break off immediately.
    i have no dropbox or so...have problems with them.
    please help

3. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly I'm sorry to say that I've deleted my pledge to you on Patreon. Not because I wanted to, or because I was spiteful but because I'm needing to tighten my belt financially lately and I'm trying to only focus my money on stuff that I need. I'll be back, but right now, I need to stay steady with stuff. Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly, not exactly a bug report but a typo report. In the "YEP.113 – Self Switches & Variables" (v1.02) documentation under "Lunatic Mode - Script Calls", the script call for setting the self variable is incorrectly listed as "this.getSelfVariableValue(mapId, eventId, varId, value)" but it should be "this.setSelfVariableValue(mapId, eventId, varId, value)". If it's not clear, the difference is between GET and SET.

Love your plugins and videos!

5. Talonos

Talonos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Talonos here. I figure I post here often enough I should have an avatar so you can remember which submissions are mine.

So, I tried to put together a boss battle against an enemy party with complex skills complex, and I found a mess of bugs for you.

Documentation error:

In the skill core documentation, there is the following:
    Code:
      <Post-Damage Eval>
       code
       code
      <Post-Damage Eval>

<After Eval>
       code
       code
      <After Eval>
    That should be:
    Code:
      <Post-Damage Eval>
       code
       code
      <\Post-Damage Eval>

<After Eval>
       code
       code
      <\After Eval>
    I am assuming no repro steps are required for this one.

Bug 1: State animations go away on side-view enemies when you change formation mid-combat.

Bug 2: Aura effects applied on the last turn by some aura effecs (such as "Ally Aura" and "alive ally aura") do not provide their benefit to anybody other than the source. (Although "Alive aura" seems to work?)

Bug 3: SV enemies disappear if knocked out when changing rows.

To reproduce these bugs:

1: Open and run the sample project. Talk to the ghost.

2: Have Harold attack one guard, and Harold Mk. 2 use "Death strike" on the other guard. (This puts the game in a state where one guard is wounded and another is dead.)

3: The enemies will basic attack, except for the "Buffer" who will apply an aura state to himself that plays an animation.

4: Note that only the "buffer" is healed by the aura at the end of the round. An animation plays to show that the buffer has an aura on.

5: Swap Harold Mk. 2 to the back row.

6: Note that the state animation of the "Buffer" has stopped playing. Also note that the dead body of the guard Harold Mk. 2 killed is removed.

7: Have both characters attack.

8: Note that the state animation reappears as soon as all orders are input.

9: Note that the aura effect works as intended at the end of the combat round.

10: Note that the body of the guard slew by Harold Mk. 2 is still gone.

11: If desired, close the project and change the aura from an "Ally aura" to an "Alive" aura, and note that it works as intended. Change it to an "Alive ally" aura and note the same bug as when it is an "Ally aura".

Haven't looked into these yet; I'm working around them in my project by making sure the aura-giver doesn't go last and by assuring my playtesters that the aura is still there after they switch rows even though they can't see it.

Also, I'm curious if the fix for the AI core I proposed is going to make it in. If not, it'd be cool if you could tell me why, so I know for code submissions in the future, but no pressure if you're short on time.

Edit: Lol, forgot to include the link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz6xnh515Ab-bG52SEUzLXVHNXc

6. Talonos

Talonos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  7. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Thanks for the catch! I'll get the helpfile updated!

Thanks for the catches! I'll get the documentation updated.

Though for the sample project, I think you sent me the sample project with the Battle AI. It doesn't actually have the problem you mentioned or did I download the wrong file?

As for the AI Core project, yes, it'll be making it in tomorrow's update. :)

That's fine. I perfectly understand. :) Thank you for your support all this time.

This is how I've made it intended. It loops through from the lowest number to the highest giving priority to whatever comes first. Though, I can add an option for this in the future to have it go the other way around.

Little Adventurer and JLowther like this.
  8. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

YEP.125 - Improved Battlebacks - RPG Maker MV

This plugin remakes how RPG Maker MV handles battlebacks. By default, all battlebacks are handled in a hard-structured fashion making them hard to modify and alter to behave dynamically. This plugin reworks the way RPG Maker MV's battlebacks behave using a more automatic and flexible means of handling them, allowing battlebacks to added, removed, change its image, fade in/out, adjust opacity settings, and scroll in various directions!

You can grab the plugin here:
    Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2017/02/11/yep-125-improved-battlebacks-rpg-maker-mv/

9. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Understood, and that would be AMAZING!

I promise if I can make any money off of this project, I'll become a Patreon for sure (just super broke right now :\).

10. Talonos

Talonos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly: Indeed I did upload the wrong one. Let's try this again:

Warning: Because it is based on the same framework as the last one (I created a template project because I report so many bugs) this one may look the same as the AI core demo project when you first load it up. Navigate to the plugins folder in the google drive interface before downloading the file if you're worried I did it wrong again. ;)

11. Alexandre

Alexandre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Plugin: Action Sequence Pack 2 (V 1.11), Animated Sideview Enemies (V 1.16), Visual State Effects (V 1.02) (Default settings)
    Bug: The action sequence command "MOTION type: target, (no weapon)" has a wrong behavior for animated enemies when the plugin Visual State Effects is active.
    After performing his motion, the animated enemy will hold the motion for a moment, while actors don't.
    Project: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6d7vp0l7dt7h9cc/Debug.zip
    Try the only battle available and compare how Lucius and Lucius' doppelgangers perform the special skill "Barrage".

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  12. Alexandre

Alexandre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Plugin: Critical Control (V 1.03) (Default settings)
    Bug: States with the notetags <Physical Critical Rate: +x%> affect both magical and physical critical rate, while states with the the notetag <Magical Critical Rate: +x%> doesn't have any effects.
    Possible fix: Replace line 501: if (state) multiplier += state.physicalCritRateBonus;
    by this line: if (state) multiplier += state.magicalCritRateBonus;

13. luiscesjr

luiscesjr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm having some trouble with the Doodads plugin, this is what's happening:

- Placed Doodads disappear after closing the doodad editor (Opening back the
    editor and saving, makes them come back... Sometimes)
    - Also, even after using the "trick" to make the doodads appear, when going out
    and back to the map, they disappear again, and on some maps they don't come back
    with the "trick".
    -I will also install the extended doodads and check for the 1.3.4 tuto install, and see if that
    solves my problem, if it does I will report here for anyone having the same issues.

Haven't also tested on a final deployed game, but will do soon.

EDIT : When the game is deployed there are no doodads placed. What the...?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  14. HomickNation

HomickNation Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: YEP_ClassChangeCore v1.12

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes, v1.12

Plugin Parameter Changes: None

Bug Explanation: The problem is coming in with using ClassChangeCore and then the characters are not learning the skills at the approriate levels. I just want to toss a note in on this that it is not the same issue as stated on the main plugin page for multi classes having the same skills. My issue is that a character automatically obtains ALL skills within the skill type even though in the skills to learn section of the database only one skill would be listed. In my example game this is clearly visible. All classes within the database are non-modified and from a fresh project.

Hero Class: Contains the skill type "Magic" with two skills to learn at level 1 (Heal and Spark)

Warrior Class: Contains the skill type "Magic" with zero skills to learn

Mage Class: Contains the skill type "Magic" with one skills to learn item at level 1 (Fire)

Priest Class: Contains the skill type "Magic" with one skills to learn item at level 1 (Heal)

The issue is that straight from the gate once starting a new game... All of the classes automatically know ALL of the skills in the Magic skill type, even though the skills to learn section of the database is saying they should only know the above mentioned skills at level 1.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? No.

Create a Sample Project Reproducing the bug: The sample project MUST follow all of these guidelines:
    1. Create a new project. Done.
    2. The project's file size must be 200 MB or LESS. Done.
    3. Install -only- the affected plugins. Done.
    4. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. Done.
    5. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on Yanfly.moe. Done.
    6. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Do -NOT- box the sample project. Zipped original game files only.

Error Report: I do not believe this bug would create and error report.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start a new game, open the menu, select skill, select any character, see that each character has already obtained all skills even though the database has specific skills to learn level set.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2zvtical1rbkk9/Class Skill Learning Stripped.zip?dl=0

15. ShidoLionheart

ShidoLionheart Cuor di Leone Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Why I can't find anymore the option in the Battle Engine Core to Enable the Confirmation Step when I select all enemies in battle?

16. laugexd

laugexd Space Fish Veteran

First Language:
    danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: Core Engine
    Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes i do
    Plugin Parameter Changes: Not important because it has nothing to do with those
    Bug Explanation: I know that the plugin "fixes" the bug with events not being able to mover over other events that are below the player. But my problem is that it also does it when the event that moves is set to move randomly, which makes npc's in towns able to block roads because they do not stop at blank events. So i'm asking if you could maybe change this so it works like it normaly does without the plugin just for the random movement. Or make a notetag which turns this "fix" off for that event.

17. TheTitan99

TheTitan99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: YEP_X_WeakEnemyPoses

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes! Battle Engine Core 1.43, Weak Enemy Poses 1.01, both downloaded today.

Plugin Parameter Changes: None.

Bug Explanation: Enemies are not collapsing when their pose is changed by a state. Technically, this uses Lunatic Mode, but it seems like Lunatic isn't working in all cases, so I think this is still worth mentioning as a bug. I have an enemy that, when put into a state caused by the normal, physical attack, will change its appearance. Upon dying, however, the enemy won't collapse for some reason.
    Another enemy has the same Lunatic code, but instead of checking the state, it checks HP. This one does collapse fine. If I had to guess, the state disappearing at the same time as dying is confusing the Lunatic evaluation.
    In this test game, I have it so the state is applied using the normal physical attack's RPGM skill effect box. This same bug happens when using states being applied through action sequences and the Skill Core, though those plugins are not currently included.

Error Report: I do not believe this bug would create and error report.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start a new game, talk to the enemy, and physically attack them. The one that changes pose based on getting a state applied from the attacks will not collapse. Other other will.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi07veirmuet1ux/YanflyWeakPose_Test.zip?dl=0

18. biyoutong

biyoutong Villager Member

TheTitan99 likes this.
  19. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Plugin Name: Improved BattleBacks
    Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes
    Plugin Parameter Changes: Not important because it has nothing to do with those
    Bug Explanation: During the battle scene, if anything with the battlebacks has been altered (i.e making one of them scroll, adding additional layers of battlebacks, etc.) and the player brings up one of your scenes from a different plugin (like the row change screen or the party member switching scene), the battlebacks will revert to the default ones upon the player closing the other scene and returning to the battle.

This doesn't really effect altering the battlebacks temporarily for action sequences, but it does for making the battle scene look more alive during the whole battle. So, if you had a battle scene with a scrolling sky/a couple layers of moving backgrounds, it would stop scrolling after bringing up one of those other menu scenes. And any battleback layers above battlebacks 1 and 2 are gone entirely. I assume this has something to do with the scene refreshing?

Error Report: No error report.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Begin a battle with Troop1 in the database. Press escape to bring up the party command menu and go to the party scene. Then leave that scene.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED):
    https://www.mediafire.com/?pd3bk57v2g0cdwh

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly

I believe I know the answer to this already, but can picture common events be made to run while another (non-parallel) event is running?

Currently, they cannot, and if that would be difficult to pull off, don't even worry about it. Just wanted to check. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.