Status
Not open for further replies.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
This is not a bug. I left it intentionally this way.
How I can change that so I can have the confimation step? It's weird to have with Weapon Unleash OFF and don't have it with Weapon Unleash ON. I need Weapon Unleash to change my Attack skill in a Slash-All skill :S and I love the confirmation step, it's better with that.

CloudzChow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly, I think you forgot to update the NewGame+ to 1.01 because after I'm download it, the plugins keeps at 1.00 and the link is directed to NewGame+ page.

ninjatone

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Selection Control, CTB
Plugin Parameters Changed: Battle Engine Core, dtb -> ctb system
Issue Description:

Since the 2/26/17 update, enemies now attempt to use actions that should be prevented by selection control restrictions when using the CTB battle system. See new project file attached below.

In the attached example, the slime enemy frequently attempts to use an action whose custom select condition should fail. The action is displayed, along with the casting animation, but then nothing actually happens after that.

https://www.mediafire.com/?5ieehh3j5nhwdy3

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Plugin: Animated Sideview Enemies (V 1.17) (Default settings)
Bug: During skills that perform multiples but not simultaned hits such as "X randoms enemies" animated enemies don't perform the 'dying' motion when their life is low and instead continue to make the 'walking' motion. Similary, a guarding or dying animated enemy stop his guarding/dying motion after being hit to perform a 'walking' motion until all others hits have been performed.
Project: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e9ji7eyb371viep/Debug.zip
Try a battle (battle 1 is a classic one, in battle 2 enemies always guard and in battle 3 everyone is low health), and check how heroes and Marsha's doppelgangers react to the 'Ultimate blow' special skill.

Sourcil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Problem with 2 plugins since 2/26/17 update

Plugin Name:
YEP_X_BattleSysATB (v1.25) & YEP_X_VisualHpGauge (V1.06)
Issue Description:
Since the 2/26/17 update, turning these plugins on will prevent the game from starting at all. It worked fine before it.
I get the error message:

"TypeError: undefined is not a function"

midnightzelda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin: Event chase Stealth
Bug: If you are in a region different from the event. The event will stop moving and freeze until you get out of it's seeing zone instead of continuing with it's patrol.
Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l94i4yofer1p6i0/Bug.zip?dl=0
I made an area with different regions so you can see how the event acts when it gets close to you.
Thank you for the awesome plugins!

Damenshi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings and hello, all.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, and doubly so if this happens to be the incorrect discussion for this, but I admittedly don't entirely know where else to go with this question, so please bear with me. -_-;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oii9e54y95sbw8a/AnimationTest1.mp4
Now, with that in mind, I've recently gone and run a few tests with the various functions of the Action Sequence Packs (link above), and noticed a small black flicker just above the actors' side-view battler sprites - I suppose "screen tearing" may be the proper phrase, but I digress... Originally, I had assumed this to be some kind of issue with the position of the camera in relation the sprites' canvas, (namely, that it was simply too small for whatever reason) but after enlarging said canvas and running a few more tests, this would seem not to be the case, and I'm frankly at a bit of a loss of what exactly could be the issue here. (And more importantly, how I would go about fixing it. :/)

In any case, my apologies for the rather long explanatory text, and feel free to ask any necessary follow-up questions if need be.
My thanks in advance.

EDIT: After attempting to resolve the same issue in the same aforementioned way with a monster-related sprite, which was successful as far as I could tell, it would seem that perhaps the canvas is indeed the issue, so perhaps it may simply have something to do with how the engine processes actor sv battlers...? (Essentially meaning that adjusting their canvases won't solve anything either way, unfortunately.)

EDIT: After yet more testing, it would seem the ASPs are actually conflicting with the Animated Sideview Enemies script, oddly enough, thus causing the tear. After disabling sprite smoothing, the issue appears to have resolved itself... At least, as far as I can tell.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time... :/

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Battle Select Cursor, Area of Effect, Target Core, Selection Control
Issue Description: If you have AOE effect and then move from one enemy to heroes, it'll leave the battle select cursor dummy on the enemy while still having the AOE indicator and the top bar showing it'll attack friends instead.
How to replicate: Talk to the dude in the demo, select fire ability and then move target to friendlies.

Demo

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-RHUMwGNDNZFQyWldhQTduRTQ

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*scratches head in minor confusion* How come it took so long for that new announcement video to come out? Those who follow on ******* have known about that for weeks now.

Also, if Tips and Tricks are gone, does that mean no more Boss Fights? I really liked that story arc!

DarkRafa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
Hellow there. Great plugins you got, my man.

Got one question about your Gamepad Config. A playstation 1 controller doesn't work???

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hellow there. Great plugins you got, my man.

Got one question about your Gamepad Config. A playstation 1 controller doesn't work???
You have to blame Sony for that one. They never wanted PS controllers to be used in anything but the Playstations and thus have never officially released drivers/firmware and anything you may find online is all unsigned and unofficial drivers.

Doesn't matter what version of Playstation, your computer will not recognize it as Playstation controller.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings and hello, all.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, and doubly so if this happens to be the incorrect discussion for this, but I admittedly don't entirely know where else to go with this question, so please bear with me. -_-;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oii9e54y95sbw8a/AnimationTest1.mp4
Now, with that in mind, I've recently gone and run a few tests with the various functions of the Action Sequence Packs (link above), and noticed a small black flicker just above the actors' side-view battler sprites - I suppose "screen tearing" may be the proper phrase, but I digress... Originally, I had assumed this to be some kind of issue with the position of the camera in relation the sprites' canvas, (namely, that it was simply too small for whatever reason) but after enlarging said canvas and running a few more tests, this would seem not to be the case, and I'm frankly at a bit of a loss of what exactly could be the issue here. (And more importantly, how I would go about fixing it. :/)

In any case, my apologies for the rather long explanatory text, and feel free to ask any necessary follow-up questions if need be.
My thanks in advance.

EDIT: After attempting to resolve the same issue in the same aforementioned way with a monster-related sprite, which was successful as far as I could tell, it would seem that perhaps the canvas is indeed the issue, so perhaps it may simply have something to do with how the engine processes actor sv battlers...? (Essentially meaning that adjusting their canvases won't solve anything either way, unfortunately.)

EDIT: After yet more testing, it would seem the ASPs are actually conflicting with the Animated Sideview Enemies script, oddly enough, thus causing the tear. After disabling sprite smoothing, the issue appears to have resolved itself... At least, as far as I can tell.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time... :/
This isn't a waste of peoples time! I've been having the same problem, and have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it's doing that. Someone told me it was a problem with sprite scaling in the old version of pixi that rmmv was using, but even after the update, it still did it.

Where is this option for sprite scaling you changed? I don't see one in the plugin settings for animated SV enemies. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found that option in SV Enemies, I'm blind. It still didn't get rid of the tiny pixelly block at the top part of the battlers when zooming happens. Is there actually a way to get rid of this?

Last edited:

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hello,

Trojan found in a Yanfly script when I scan with Window Defender on Windows 10.
YEP_BattleAlcore.js version 1.12

I download an old version of that plugin version 1.1.1 and no trojan was found in that file.
Can anyone else confirm this please ? Download the latest version from Yanfly Website and scan with windows defender.
http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Thanks Yanfly I hope you will find the solution easily.

sol003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, it's been a while since I reported a bug. Though I'm not sure if this is counted since it involves the CTB Plugin =/

EDIT: On further tests, I can confirm that the CTB plugin has nothing to do with the issue and seems to be specific on YEP_X_ChangeBattleEquip and YEP_PartySystem

Plugin Name: YEP_X_ChangeBattleEquip, YEP_PartySystem

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?: Yes

Plugin Parameter Changes: None

Bug Explanation: During battle, whenever you enter either the equip menu or party change scene, the CTB turn order will vanish.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused?: No, but it's likely a battle refresh issue that doesn't reload the turn order.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:

1.Start the game.
2.Talk to the slime to initiate a battle.
3a.Enter the equip menu then leave.
3b.Enter the party change scene then leave.
4.CTB turn order vanished.
4a.When the same is done with Row Formation, the CTB turn order will remain and even come back when either the equip menu or party change scene is accessed.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): https://www.mediafire.com/?f2g70od9kn54dpj
NOTE: Updated with YEP_PartySystem active.

Last edited:

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Plugin Name: Improved BattleBacks
Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes
Plugin Parameter Changes: Not important because it has nothing to do with those
Bug Explanation: If you have a scrolling backback, the position of it will refresh when a new battle-background layer is added. In my case, when some skills are used, I have a battleback layer added to show speed lines, but the sky always reverts to the default position while the new layer is added.

Error Report: No error report.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Begin a battle with Troop1 in the database. Attack the enemy, and you should see that as the new battleback is added into the scene via the action sequence (this new battleback doesn't scroll), the position of the moving sky updates/jumps back to the original position and then keeps moving. You'll get an error afterwards about a missing slash animation so it'll close. But in my project, this happens to the moving battleback each time a layer is added.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED):
https://www.mediafire.com/?59uuqxzbl2bju5o

Dragonarkon

Aspiring Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off, I want to start off explaining that I understand this post is for Bugs within the plugins, but since I don't know where else to report this particular issue I will post it here. If someone has a suggestion as to where this post should be placed, I will gladly change/move it as necessary.

Plugin Name:
YEP_BattleAICore.js
Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? No, and that is part of the problem.
Issue Explanation: I attempted to download the latest script for this plugin (first through the auto updater, and second directly from dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsqrdz3gic3341n/YEP_BattleAICore.js?dl=0), however windows defender shows that this particular file is detected malware. Specifically it shows it to be a "Trojan:JS/Jorv.A!cl". I have attached an image showing window defender's report for this item.

I also wish to mention that I have an older file of YEP_BattleAICore.js from 11/02/2016 and windows defender does not show it to be malware.

Attachments

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly!
I'm getting a strange bug with the battle engine core. I had to add the following code so the game would not crash
when using the below skill that targets 3 random enemies when my party has only 2 characters in it.

My fix is a bit of a hack, perhaps you can figure out the correct solution to this problem.
upload_2017-3-11_19-7-12.png
upload_2017-3-11_19-7-52.png

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the double post:
I just wanted to give a bit more information on this bug as it seems its a bit more complicated then I originally thought...
In the below screen shot only one of the wolf battlers is causing this error and he is the one that is currently berserk.

upload_2017-3-11_19-27-56.png
upload_2017-3-11_19-28-27.png
upload_2017-3-11_19-28-52.png
upload_2017-3-11_19-29-19.png

korinohime

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
Dear Yanfly, I got some strange bug with armor scaling plugin... when it turned ON, all characters deal 0 damage... when it turned OFF characters deal damage... even tried various skill attack formula from a.atk*0.8 to a.atk*4, but it doesn't make any difference...
Character attack=15
If I do something wrong tell me please
this is my trainung dummy
upload_2017-3-12_16-24-56.png
plugin parametrs
upload_2017-3-12_16-49-17.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoicwitch