[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korinohime

korinohime Warper Member

First Language:
    russian
    some additional information:
    I found that problem is in ""Item Core" plugin. when it turned on all my damage with or without items becomes 0 when I uses Item Core & Armor Scaling plugins. But why is this happened?
    because when Item Core plugin is turned off the Armor Scaling plugin works fine. Why this two plugins cant work together? answer me please...

2. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Plugin Name: Row Formation
    Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes
    Plugin Parameter Changes: Not important because it has nothing to do with those
    Bug Explanation: The row position of actor 1 won't update to reflect changes to the formation if there is only one actor when the battle initially starts.

Error Report: No error report.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start a battle with Troop 1 in the database. Go to the formation change scene and add in new party members (leave actor 1 where he is in the party) and then leave the scene. The new members are added in, but they are placed as if 1 less party member is present, while actor 1 is exactly where he was before the new members came in. Leaving him very close to the positions of the new members. In my own game project, they were placed right on the same spot and the image was flickering (I assume because they were both trying to be shown). The positioning will stay the same until the row for said actor is manually changed (and I also assume this happens when changed with a skill or something).

You can also try starting the battle with 4 party members, and then going into the formation scene and removing the second and third party members. Or even the 2nd and fourth, etc. The party members who haven't been removed won't update their positions either.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED):
    https://www.mediafire.com/?9xe7onlg59bhnla

3. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Thanks, I'll get this fixed.

Thanks, fixed.

CTB is no longer supported. Please look in the bug report post for the reason.

I'll have to take a look at this. This doesn't seem like a bug though, but rather, how you have to deal with "immortal" battlers.

ATB is no longer supported. Please look in the bug report post for the reason.

This is something that's out of my control. It's an issue with pixi.

For those reporting as to why this is occuring, I'm honestly not sure why. I've scanned my own BattleAICore file for viruses as well as using an online scanner. Here are the results.

http://i.imgur.com/2fq5Whn.jpg

I can only conclude that you're getting false positives.

I'll have to look into this.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Three new plugins have been added!

---

Overkill occurs when an actor defeats an enemy with excessive damage. All enemies have an Overkill damage requirement and if a battler lands a killing blow dealing damage equal to or greater than this number, an animation is played on the enemy before the enemy collapses. When an enemy is overkilled, that enemy will reward the player with more EXP, more gold, a higher drop rate, and if YEP_ExtraEnemyDrops is installed, more possibilities for extra items under the condition of being Overkilled.

This is a collaboration plugin by Tigress and Yanfly to ensure compatibility with the Yanfly Engine Plugins library.

Link: http://yanfly.moe/2017/03/03/yep-127-overkill-bonus-rpg-maker-mv/

---

Different types of armors make different sounds when they’re hit. When an actor is struck by an attack and takes damage, they will play a sound effect based off the armor they are wearing (ie. cloth versus metal). Enemies can also play different sound effects when they get hit, too (ie. slimes versus robots). Use this plugin to make your armors and enemies more lively when they react to damage.

This is a collaboration plugin by Chickie and Yanfly to ensure compatibility with the Yanfly Engine Plugins library.

Link: http://yanfly.moe/2017/03/10/yep-128-hit-damage-sounds-rpg-maker-mv/

---

For Turn-Based Battle Systems like DTB (Default Turn Battle), letting the player see the turn order visually can add a whole lot more depth to the battle system. This plugin will add a display of icons showing the turn order of the player’s party and the enemy party within a corner of the screen (modifiable).

NOTE! This plugin does NOT work with tick-based Battle Systems like ATB or CTB! It is specifically made to work only with turn-based battle systems.

Link: http://yanfly.moe/2017/03/17/yep-129-turn-order-display-rpg-maker-mv/

5. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not mentioned anywhere in the help files or parameters that I could find, so I was wondering- how does the turn order plugin deal with action speed?

For example, if you use the default Guard skill, you get +2000 speed, and should go before everyone else. Does your position in line suddenly move when the skill is confirmed, out when the turn actually starts and it does calculations?

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  6. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If it's identical to the CTB version of the same thing, the turn order would update after guard is chosen to reflect the change in speed. If you had a normal skill that also did something similar, the display updates when you've selected that skill but before you've chosen a target.

7. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Plugin Name: Turn Order Display
    Plugin Parameter Changes: Not important because it has nothing to do with those
    Bug Explanation: An error occurs after entering/leaving the party changing scene in battle.

Error Report: "Undefined is not a function"

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start a battle, go into the party changing scene and then leave. The error should pop up.

https://www.mediafire.com/?i1cn6k885p74q4v

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  8. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  9. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @AdamSakuru : Yanfly's rules REQUIRE the sample project, even if it is 'simple' to replicate. Please resubmit the bug report following the guidelines, else I'm pretty sure Yanfly will ignore your bug report.

10. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @bgillisp : There, changed. He actually missed a bug report of mine a few pages earlier so I combined the two of them into this one.

Edit: My apologies Yanfly, I fixed the post/provided a download link.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What happened to the Battle AI Core plugin? My computer, when last I tried updating all my plugins, thought it was a trojan, then when I went to playtest my project, I got an error message saying the plugin wasn't there or wasn't active, even though it was so I deleted it from my project, and then I went to go redownload it off your site and the Dropbox link gives me a 404 message and tells me the file doesn't exist.

13. TiZ

TiZ Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there. I'm new to the MV scene since it's the first time Linux has ever been supported, and stumbled here while looking for ways to improve certain things. Your site mentions in multiple places that CTB and ATB are no longer supported, but the links to the explanation why seem to be broken; they just go to the first page of this thread. There's another link in that OP that leads... right back to the OP. It seems some stuff might have moved around; could I trouble you to reconnect the dots so I can learn your reasoning and properly make a decision on whether or not to use them?

Houpee likes this.
  14. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finding the exact post is hard, as it was a long time ago, and the forum move broke links within topics.... for some reason.

But the major reasoning behind it was that RMMV was never designed to use a non-turn based system, and constantly fixing issues with plugins designed to be either turn-based or tick-based was time consuming and (probably) annoying. Not to mention the number of people constantly making vague or impossible requests, such as getting the CTB plugin to show on the turn display, multiple copies of battlers if they were going to act twice.

I recall making a bug report from something in Battle AI core causing some huge lag spikes when the turn order display tried to update, and while I don't think this was the report that killed the plugin support, I know that shortly afterward, CTB and ATB support were discontinued.

In the end, reasoning doesn't matter. The plugin isn't supported by Yanfly anymore. Use at your own risk.

EDIT:
    I have a bug report as well...

Plugin Name:
    YEP.125 – Improved Battlebacks

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?
    Yes

Plugin Parameter Changes: None

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)"
    When this plugin is enabled, in tandem with the action sequence plugins, the ability to check if the previous action effect was a hit or critical or whatever else you can check with that function is no longer working.

The easiest way to explain this is to share my own sequence:
    Code:
    <Setup Action>
    clear battle log
    display action
      if (user.attackMotion() !== 'missile' && (user.isActor() && target.isEnemy() || user.isEnemy() && target.isActor()))
        move user: target, front base, 20
        wait for move
      else
        perform start
      end
    immortal: target, true
    </Setup Action>
    <Target Action>
    wait: 15
    perform action: user
    action effect: target
    if target.result().isHit()
     attack animation: target
     wait for animation
    end
    if (user.isStateAffected(260))
     action effect: target
    end
    wait: 20
    </Target Action>
    <Finish Action>
    clear battle log
    perform finish
    wait: 10
    immortal: target, false
    </Finish Action>
    In the above sequence, the action effect is called, immediately followed by an if check to see if the action was a hit, if it was a hit, it displays the attack animation on thew target. When improved Battlebacks is enabled, this check returns false, even when it was true (as the damage popup still happens from the action effect), resulting in hits that do not show the animation at all.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)
    1. Have an action sequence like the one posted above that relies on a check on the action.result()
    2. Disable Improved Battlebacks, note that this sequence functions as intended
    3. Enable improved battlebacks, note that the action animation for this skill no longer plays

The test project I have uploaded contains the action sequence on the attack skill. Open it up and disable imrpoved battlebacks and do a test battle, or talk to the test npc. Re-enable improved battlebacks to see the effect it has on the sequence.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED)
    Here

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Yeah, I missed this. I'm afraid this one's an unintended side effect since the two plugins don't work together. I'll have to disable this until I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks, I'll get that updated.

Strange. I'll have to check this out.

16. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

YEP.130 – Battle System – Standard Turn Battle – RPG Maker MV

The Standard Turn Battle system functions off of the Default Turn Battle system’s structure. Action orders are determined by the battlers’ AGI values and they go from highest to lowest. However, actions are not selected at the start of the turn. Instead, the turn progresses and the actions are picked as each battler’s turn appears, then proceeds to be executed immediately.

Each battler is only allowed one action per battle turn, meaning a single battler cannot have twice the number of turns as another battler even if the battler’s AGI value is double that of the other. This is to prevent any balancing issues that come from tick-based battle systems as they tend to be far more difficult to balance compared to turn-based battle systems.

Link: http://yanfly.moe/2017/03/24/yep-130-battle-system-standard-turn-battle-rpg-maker-mv/

17. Pine Towers

Pine Towers Knight Hospitaller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly , great plugin as always. Now I don't know if I should use DTB with Turn Display, STB with TD or STB without TD!

Just one question, since I'm away from my Maker to test it: If I apply a formula to the turn order (so, instead of Agi, it is Agi plus rand(20)), this math is done to the whole battle, or each turn it is updated, giving each turn a slightly different order to each battler?

Thanks!

18. cherrypikkins

cherrypikkins Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    @Yanfly Thank you for the new battle system! Found a bug that I was able to resolve myself by editing the .js file.

Line 420:
    Code:
    Yanfly.STB.Scene_Battle_commandEscape.call(ths);
    minor correction 'ths'->'this'

19. GammaVD

GammaVD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In 'Battle System - Standard Turn Battle' both the page and the plugin have a minor error with the line

This plugin requires YEP_X_BattleSysSTB. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_X_BattleSysSTB in the plugin list.

I believe its meant to be YEP_BattleEngineCore

20. Artorius300

Artorius300 Developer Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Plugin Name: Yep_X_BattleSysSTB
    Plugin Parameter Changes: None
    Bug Explanation: "i" Misspeled in the 420 Line.

- Yanfly.STB.Scene_Battle_commandEscape.call(ths); -

Error Report:
    ReferenceError: ths is not defined
    at Scene_Battle.commandEscape (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysSTB.js:420:48)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Selectable.callHandler (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:896:31)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Command.callOkHandler (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:1420:14)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Selectable.processOk (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:1150:14)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Selectable.onTouch (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:1080:22)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Selectable.processTouch (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:1048:18)
    at Window_PartyCommand.Window_Selectable.update (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_windows.js:980:10)
    at file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_core.js:6523:19
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at WindowLayer.update (file:///C:/Users/Artorius300/Desktop/Project1/js/rpg_core.js:6521:19)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: When you succesfully escapes, error shows up.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2cagpgap34id5h3/Project1.rar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.