Not open for further replies.

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With Absorption Barrier, is there a way I can have many different types of barriers? If it does come down to it, would I be able to modify the plugin so that each kind of barrier is its own plugin?

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly I'm rather interested in using the durability plugin you have made- It would be an fun game mechanic to use in my project having the player have to occasionally repair used equipment

My only concern is the enviroment in which maintianing would be used. I prefer the idea of having a weapons professional charge a fee for a repair than having the freedom to repair out in the open with an assortment of tools for the job, looking at your video I don't think I came across the option to do so. What advice could you recommend?

Reaction score
First Language
Русский
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!I have one request to you,you have no desire to make a plugin for rpg maker mv called Re Weapon System ll really want to make an arcade,and a suitable plug-in no,hope you understand!

Scrogne

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug report :

Plugin Name: YEP_MoveRouteCore.js

Version : v 1.01

Plugin Parameter Changes: No change

Bug Explanation: When using movement direction with the plugin command (right: 5 / bottom : 5 / etc ... )on a repeating movement route, once it start repeating the number of steps in each direction will stack instead of resetting (meaning that running in a square by 3 steps (right : 3 / down : 3 / left: 3 / up: 3) will transform after the first round into (right: 6 / down: 6 / etc) and after each full round of movement it continue to stack)

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? Didn't try anything in the plugin code for it

Sample projet :

Error Report: No error.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
1) Add the plugin / activate it
2) Create an event
3) Put it in custom movement
4) In the trajectory :
a)check repeating movement
b)put -- right : 3 / down : 3 / left: 3 / up: 3 -- on 4 different command line
5)Playtest the project and watch that after the first full turn the number start to get wrong and worse every full circle.

Kojote

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly!

First of all thank you for your great plugins.

I have a problem with the message core system. I use the display of the character name here.

My problem is now and then, that the Chraktername and the choise list is quite long and overlap. I had the idea to ask name display field is larger than 408 and the coice field is also over 408. If so, the choice list would be moved up by 72 pixels. Unfortunately, I do not know the appropriate names for the wide range of both variables and have tried it so once:

//=============================================================================
// Window_ChoiceList
//=============================================================================

Window_ChoiceList.prototype.standardFontFace = function() {
return $gameSystem.getMessageFontName();
};

Window_ChoiceList.prototype.standardFontSize = function() {
return $gameSystem.getMessageFontSize();
};

Yanfly.Message.Window_ChoiceList_updatePlacement =
Window_ChoiceList.prototype.updatePlacement;
Window_ChoiceList.prototype.updatePlacement = function() {
Yanfly.Message.Window_ChoiceList_updatePlacement.call(this);
var messagePosType = $gameMessage.positionType();
if (messagePosType === 0) {
this.y = this._messageWindow.height;
} else if (messagePosType === 2) {
this.y = Graphics.boxHeight - this._messageWindow.height - this.height;
}

if (this._messageWindow.height <= 300) {
this.y -= 72;
}

};

Many Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Il Tosaerba

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report:

Plugin Name:
Yep_CoreEngine

Version: 1.24, the latest

Plugin Parameter Changes:
Screen Width 1920
Screen Height 1080

Bug Explanation: When I try to run the game the title screen is in 1920x1080 (a bit pixel but it's ok) but the title setting (Start new game, continue, options) and the game are in the default resolution

Error report: Noone

How to replicate it: Run the game

Sample project link: https://mega.nz/#!7FojTTbY!J_eDP07YvYsVwvQxo2fBOVsnADkbHo_Dv7GijrLsaWg

Last edited:

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Bug report :

Plugin Name: YEP_X_InstantCast

Version : v 1.08

Bug Explanation: When you`re under any state effect (with Turns) and you cast a Instant Skill, it consumes one turn (if the state is set to Action End)
Unless that`s how its planned to be.

Error report: None

How to replicate it: Create an Instant Skill <Instant>, be under a state that has any numbers of turns and use that Instant Skill.

Onibaku

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello (sorry for my poor english)

I re-post my question in this thread, my own thread didn't have any answer.

I did a search on the forum (and on google too), several people asked the question but never got an answer, so I'll try to explain it more.

I just installed your plugin (Buffs & States Core), but I have a little problem.
At the beginning (without this plugin) the max limit of the buffs/debuffs applications was 2, so when a buff was applied, the character would get the icon with an arrow corresponding to the buffered parameter, when the same buff was applied a second time, then the icon would become the one with the two arrows on it.

With your plugin, I wanted to keep the limit to 50% for buffs and -50% for debuffs, but with 5 steps of 10% instead of 2 of 25%.
The problem is that the icon with two arrows is configured somewhere (in an original plugin or I don't know) to be applied to the second step of buffs and not the last one.

Is there a way to solve this issue so that it is only changed to the new max limit and not the old one (or the second step) ?

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug report :

Plugin Name: YEP_X_InstantCast

Version : v 1.08

Bug Explanation: When you`re under any state effect (with Turns) and you cast a Instant Skill, it consumes one turn (if the state is set to Action End)
Unless that`s how its planned to be.

How to replicate it: Create an Instant Skill <Instant>, be under a state that has any numbers of turns and use that Instant Skill.
That is intended. An instant cast skill is an action, therefore a state that is removed on action end will be removed after performing an instant cast action. Change your state to 'turn end' if this is an issue.

Winek

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strike all of this. I didn't read that things coming from shop don't have variances.

Last edited:

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not actually sure if this is a bug. I'm using the Class Base Parameters plugin, and I just copied the example numbers used in the help file into a base class to see how things looked. It looks like the 'exp' determines total exp required to level up, not per level. Is that a bug or feature? I have a formula for determining per level, I just need to know if I need to make a new formula for this.

Thank you ahead of time.

ashura gaming

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
francais
Primarily Uses
RMMV
closed . i found what i wanted ^^

Last edited:

Winek

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been playing with Yanfly's Item Durability plugin for it to give variances even when equipments are bought in shop, but without any sucess. (This is to make my game work, since I'm using durability as something totally different but with the same objective, making it break at the end.)

Anyone would have any tips? I've been tinkering, and my JS knowledge is a bit limited.

Edit: Solved!

If anyone's interested, change this in YEP_ShopMenuCore.js
Scene_Shop.prototype.doBuy = function(number) {
if (Imported.YEP_ItemCore) $gameTemp.enableVarianceStock();
this.doBuyGold(number);
this.doBuyItem(number);
if (Imported.YEP_ItemCore) $gameTemp.disableVarianceStock();
};

enabled to disabled. Items bought from shop now have variances!

Last edited:

MangoFlavour

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind, I realized there were plugin commands that do what I needed. Hopefully I caught this quick enough to avoid any wasted time.

Last edited:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having an issue with Animated Battlers and using the <Sideview Anchor Y: 1.25> causing the battler to not appear sometimes. Sometims it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not using any other battle related plugin's but

suni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: nevermind, misunderstood buffs.
After reading the plugin code for a bit I actually figured out that buffs are a RATE, not an AMOUNT, because I'm dumb.

Code in question,

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.param = function(paramId) {
var value = this.paramBase(paramId) + this.paramPlus(paramId);
value *= this.paramRate(paramId) * this.paramBuffRate(paramId);
var maxValue = this.paramMax(paramId);
var minValue = this.paramMin(paramId);
return Math.round(value.clamp(minValue, maxValue));
};

So to achieve the +1 effect I was looking for I just wrote this... which I'll be improving upon eventually.

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.param = function(paramId) {
var value = this.paramBase(paramId) + this.paramPlus(paramId);
value += Math.round(this.paramBuffRate(paramId));
var maxValue = this.paramMax(paramId);
var minValue = this.paramMin(paramId);
return Math.round(value.clamp(minValue, maxValue));
};

Yanfly, if you wanna put this in as an option for buffs/states it might be cool.

Bad bug report, maintained because I can't bring myself to delete even an incorret bug report.
Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore

Version: v1.13

Plugin Parameter Changes:
Buff Formula -- this._buffs[paramId] + 1.0
This is intended to cause any buff to buff by exactly 1 (small numbers game)
Default Limit -- 1
This is intended to keep numbers small (and simplify the test)

Bug Explanation: Small number math seems inaccurate (or I don't understand buff formula, in which case I'll be embarrassed)

How to replicate it:
Fight the slimes by clicking on them
try fire, ice, spark, and attack to see the low numbers of the attacks
try buff
retry fire, ice, spar, and attack to see numbers which are NOT 1 greater than the last set of numbers
NOTE: all actors have all abilities to simplify testing

Last edited:

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug report :

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysSTB.js

Version : v 1.01

Plugin Parameter Changes: I put stb battle type in YEP_BattleEngineCore.js to have stb working

Bug Explanation: after a complet turn end, the last battler to perform an action don't start moving like the other during the next turn : he just keep a fix gard stance.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused?
BattleManager.startSTBInput = function() {
this._phase = 'input';
var battler = this._subject;
BattleManager.changeActor(battler.index(), 'undecided');
if (!battler.canInput()) {
battler.makeActions();
this.startAction();
}
};
I think the problem come from here, because when the last battler perform his action, nobody call this function for him. That's the only difference I founded during debug. But I wasn't able to figure out why the battler took a gard stance.

Sample projet :
https://www.mediafire.com/?acgyg7zl3kve291

Error Report: No error.

1) Run the project
2) Go to the bat on the left, a fight will start
3) Attack or gard or whatever with every battler
4) Let the bat perform their actions
5) Look at the lazy Lucius who's now garding for no reasons.

I have tried to change the agility of the battlers to altern who's the last one to perform an action, and it's the last one who gard afterward, not always lucius.

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug report : Not really sure if it's a "bug" or oversight.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_Counter_Control & Element Core

Version : v 1.07 & v 1.02 (respectively)

Bug Explanation: Elements defined within counter conditions cannot check for additional elements added via <Multiple Elements: x>

Example: I have a skill whose element is designated as "Water" and an additional element designated via: <Multiple Elements: Sword>.

However, the counter skill with the condition: <Counter Condition>Element: Sword </Counter Condition> do not trigger unless I switch the "main" element of the skill to Sword.

How to replicate it: Explained above.

Andross

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysSTB; YEP_BattleEngineCore

Version: v1.01; v1.44 (Respectively)

Plugin Parameter Changes: YEP_BattleEngineCore -> Default System -> stb

Bug Explanation:
When using the Standard Turn Battle(STB) if you use a skill which calls a Common Event and that Common Event uses a Force Action command to make the actor use a skill that results in killing all remaining enemies, the combat will not end, and you can continue taking turns.

However, if Default Turn Battle(DTB) is used then the battle will end normally.

Alternately, if the initial skill uses the <Instant Cast> tag (And Plugin, YEP_InstantCast) the battle will end normally.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z09lpqomx3nt6t1/STB_NoVictoryTest.zip?dl=0

-Open the provided sample project.
-Start a test battle from the Troops tab in the Database (Ensure Harold is present).
-Have Harold cast the test skill, Magic -> "Super Test".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli