Not open for further replies.

suni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Redacted earlier bug report, comment edited with correct information. (put here because I'm not sure how yanfly is monitoring channel)

TrailBlazer2016

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysSTB; YEP_BattleEngineCore; MOG_ChainCommands

Version: v1.01; v1.44; 1.3 (Respectively)

Plugin Parameter Changes: YEP_BattleEngineCore -> Default System -> stb

Bug Explanation:
When using the Standard Turn Battle(STB) if you use a skill which calls up a Chain Command, per Moghunter's plugin, successful input of the command doesn't trigger the next ability and also allows the same actor to take a turn as though they never acted.

However, if Default Turn Battle(DTB) is used then the command acts normally.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zDGoXgJTS_MVJIMDBvaHdBWTg

Error report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
-Open the provided sample project.
-Start a test battle from the Troops tab in the Database (Ensure Harold is present).
-Have Harold cast the test skill, Magic -> "Spark".

Spark, once the Chain command is successful, should be followed by Harold casting Heal.

Last edited:

JuliusCheah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bug Report(?)

Plugin Name:
YEP_BattleEngineCore

Bug Explain:I'm using these plugin,although they are turned on,the battle scene are same.What happen?I'm using Win 10.

Attachments

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report(?)

Plugin Name:
YEP_BattleEngineCore

Bug Explain:I'm using these plugin,although they are turned on,the battle scene are same.What happen?I'm using Win 10.
You don't have a battle system plugin installed. The BattleEngineCore plugin changes a lot about the battle system in the background, but it is still the default battle system unless you install an expansion for it like ATB, CTB or STB.

eaedwards

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are almost 300 pages so I am just gonna ask a question and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I want to use this for 5 fighters. Is anyone willing to help? Thanks.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are almost 300 pages so I am just gonna ask a question and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I want to use this for 5 fighters. Is anyone willing to help? Thanks.
This thread is referenced to 130 plugins, to which are you referring?

NowleyTime

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins:

YEP_CommonEventMenu, YEP_CoreEngine.

Error message:

undefined is not a function.

Action that triggers the bug:

Using the keyword 'through' or 'THROUGH' between two IDs (e.g 2 through 5 instead of 2, 3, 4, 5) in the Plugin Command 'AddCommonEventMenu'.

Bug in the code:

Once the keyword 'through' is used, a method named 'getRange()' (of the prototype 'Util' of 'Yanfly') is called. This method is not defined in YEP_CommonEventMenu.js nor in YEP_CoreEngine.js.

Screenshots:

1) In YEP_CommonEventMenu.js, where the bug was found:

BugYanfly1.PNG

As you may see, when the first conditional returns 'true', 'array' is filled with the return value of 'Yanfly.Util.getRange()'.

2) In YEP_CommonEventMenu.js, at the bottom, where utilities are defined:

BugYanfly2.PNG
Here, Yanfly.Util.getRange() is not defined.

3) In YEP_CoreEngine.js, at the bottom, where utilities are defined:

BugYanfly3.PNG
Here, 'Yanfly.Util.getRange()' is not defined as well.

I wrote the method and the bug was fixed. However if there is an already existing solution or you implement one in an update I will use that one instead to mantain code integrity.

Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this and for you dedication.

Last edited:

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Plugins:

YEP_X_EquipRequirements v1.06

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?

v1.06, yes.

Plugin Parameter Changes:

No changes made.

Bug Explanation:

The requirement parameter unique only doesnt work.

Eg;

<Equip Requirement>
unique only
</Equip Requirement>

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused?

I know nothing about coding but the parameter is probable messed up.

"This was tested on a clean project with only Yanfly basic plugins used.
Hopefully I won`t have to upload a project."

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is how I've made it intended. It loops through from the lowest number to the highest giving priority to whatever comes first. Though, I can add an option for this in the future to have it go the other way around.
Sorry to pester about this, but any idea how feasible it would be to add the option of the top drawn picture being triggered instead of pictures behind it to the Picture Common Events plugin?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hi,
I am trying to use this script call during battle:
$gameTroop.members()[enemyID].addParam(paramId, n);

it should work, but it doesn't.
So I asked around and they told me it's due to yanfly plugin that I can't do that anymore.
It's said that once I had YEP engine core installed, that script call will cease to function.
Is there any other way around to make this work?

Basically, what I am trying to do is increasing/decreasing an enemy's (non HP and non MP) stat (eg. ATK) during the battle, and the increment/decremented value will be determined by a variable of my choice.

Thanks for at least reading.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@vandingo please make sure that both the project corefiles and yanfly's plugin files are updated to the newest version, and that the plugins are in the correct order and correctly configured - that solves most problems like that. If that does not help, make a new topic in plugin support explaining your problem.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RemoveThisScreen.png Hey guys!,

In equip core/item core this first window (the one marked with an X) seems kind of redundant to me. Is there a way for me to remove it?

Thanks in advance!,

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no plugin parameter to remove that window, but you can fill it with a long-form description of the item, added effects, bonus stats that don't show up in the top help window, etc using the
Code:
<Info Text Top>
</Info Text Top>
tag

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no plugin parameter to remove that window, but you can fill it with a long-form description of the item, added effects, bonus stats that don't show up in the top help window, etc using the
Code:
<Info Text Top>
</Info Text Top>
tag
Thanks a lot! This actually looks really good. :kaojoy:

EDIT: @ramza Another question - I know you can change this color with "Gauge Back" in the Core plugin - but if I want the backs of my gauges to stay gray - is there another way I can change these backs to a color matching my window skin?

Gauge Back.png

Last edited:

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly!
Great plugins, I love them!
Now I have a problem though. I hope this bug hasn't been reported yet. With this many posts in this thread I might just have overlooked it...
If so: Sorry. :eswt:

Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_PartySystem

Version: v1.12

Plugin Parameter Changes: none, Lock First Actor setting is set to false

Bug Explanation:
In my current project I have a scene where the party is being changed. Two actors get added and one (the original leader) is being removed. When I then (a few moments later) add the original actor again, he automatically "jumps" to the first position in the formation, even though he was added last. Plus, he isn't even the first actor in the database. We're talking actors 14, 15 and 16 here.
He is number 14, though.
When changing the order of the actors through the formation scene, everything is fine.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-X1Rk4F5gIxaFU1SHV2cVJ4LVU

- Talk to the character on the left
-- Therese and Marsha will be added, Harold removed. After 60 frames Harold will be added again.
-- Harold will immediately jump to the first position.
- Now, restart the "game" and talk to the upper character on the right.
-- Therese and Marsha will be added, Harold removed.
- Now talk to the lower character on the right.
-- Harold will be added and again jumps to the first position.
- Now open the formation scene and change Harold's position in the formation.
- Close the scene.
-- Everything is fine, just as you set it up.

Last edited:

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure this is a bug of the plugin or MV itself, but when using BattleStatusWindow, I skipped to the last party member, selected Guard, and then the turn started with the other three not having picked anything. I turned off every single plugin of mine and tried it both in front view and side view. Still happens. I can even press right on the last party member and none of the actors do anything.

To recreate it, make a new project, put only this plugin in, turn it on, battle test, push right until you skip all party members.

I don't mind just turning off turn skipping, but it clearly seems unintentional. I just downloaded this plugin about an hour ago.

Draconic_Story_Teller

Guardian of the Bookshelf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A question about Yanfly's skill learning system - is there a way to script something to check for if skills, say 24, 25, 26, and 27 are 'equipped'? I want something like if skills 24-27 are equipped, change character nickname to xyz, in an effort to add flavor to certain combinations of skills.

As an after-thought, is it possible to also manipulate player stats too? Something like if skills 24-27 are equipped, add immunity (as per yanfly's element immunities plugin) to character.

I get it'll take some java scripting and probably some common events going, but I'd say the flavor is worthwhile.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello I have a question about Yanfly's Enemy Levels plugin I was wondering if maybe someone here could help me with. I was hoping there was a way to adjust the enemy difficulty like with the EnemyGainLevelAll 20 command, but from an event call out of battle? I have been trying to find a way to make it work but have had no luck though it seems like this is doable.

What I want to have happen is have an npc offer the choices to adjust difficulty then have the difficulty globally adjusted through adding or subtracting more levels to enemies.

EDIT

Just a heads up I figured out a way.

Last edited:

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: Battle System – Standard Turn Battle

Version: v1.01

Plugin Parameter Changes: none; Battle Core = STB

Bug Explanation:
If you force an action at a battle, than the battle do not end, if every enemy is defeated.

If Turn Order Display Plugin is not installed, than the game crashs instand at a forced action.

Sample Project: https://mega.nz/#!7xtkxQhb!NK39HwOzR8RtzkSB43HCy_1CMw1vu843hQYuYQsJL1M (Its Hime-Ultra Small Demo)

- Talk to the character on the top
- fight the battle
- select yes and force an action
- fight the battle to the end. Battle will not end if everybody is killed

-close the game, deactviate the Turn Order Display plugin
- repeat everything
- this time the game crashs, after the forced action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scierwo