LunarPower

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about Party System.
I'm trying to have it where that if you have these people in your followers, it says "You have all the people needed!" but if you don't, it says "I need [blank] character!"
So I made it like:
If: Harold is in the party.
If: Marsha is in the party
If: Lucius is in the party.
If: Therese is in the party.
"You have all the people needed!

And all the elses were the I need [blank] character.
But, even if that character isn't in the followers, it still checks it as valid. How can I make it so it only goes through the followers and not the whole entire party?

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysSTB, Yanfly_InstantCast

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes

Plugin Parameter Changes:
Changed the battle system to STB via BattleCore plugin

Bug Explanation: Enemies using Instant Cast skill instantly end their turn after using said skill. Player character can use the skill and not end their turn.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? No

Sample Project: https://mega.nz/#!41kUSY4K!n18sHk442dD9n-o4o9BgbIeU9sVJphu87abPq6yElSE

Orenix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Bug Report: In part similar to my neighbor above.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysSTB, Yanfly_InstantCast, YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch

Plugin Parameter Changes:
Changed the battle system to STB via BattleCore plugin

Bug Explanation: - Enemies using Instant Cast skill instantly end their turn after using said skill. Player character can use the skill and not end their turn.
- A newly arrived actor can't play under certain conditions.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? Nop, sorry.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ytajf70k24m4kt/Report Bugs.rar?dl=0

Step-by-step guide :
- Press F9 and start a fight against Bat*2

- Harold : Switch => Switch Man

- Switch Man : Attack (first small bug : There is no attack. But Switch Man can still launch his attack during a "second round". )

- Therese : Switch => Harold

- No matter what action Harold uses, he will pass his turn.

- Marsha : Fire (This is an "instant" spell; so you can cast it without any problems several times.)

- Finish your turn with Marsha by making “guard”.

- We don't care what Lucius does.

- Bat : Fire (The spell is the same as Marsha's. And yet, the bat finished his turn.)

These two bugs are not present with a normal combat system, nor with your CTB plugin if this can help.

Last edited:

Usaku-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure if this has been reported yet... Really sorry if it has.

Bug report

Plugin Name: YEP_BattleBGMControl
Plugin Parameter Changes: N/A
Bug Explanation: When using the enemy tags (in the case of the sample project the Bat) once you finish the battle, the music for 100% healthed bat continues to play over-riding the maps BGM. For my actual project, I am saving the BGM and once the battle is over replaying it (as im using this wonderful plugin for boss and special battles) but even with the replay, it still has a moment where the changed BGM plays, if only for a second.
Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? No
How to replicate this bug: Start a battle with the slime, it has the default battle music playing. Battle with the bat and it's bgm changes. once bat battle has finished, the Battle3 will over-ride the maps bgm. If you battle the slime, it has the default battle music play, but once the battle is over, it resumes the Battle3 track.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z99im540y7kt6ja/BUG_Battle BGMControl.zip?dl=0

Lonnes

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Smart Jumping (Button common event is included for quick testing)

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?
Yes i currently use the version 1.02 of smart jump
and the version 1.01 of common event button

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug

When you walk on the platform a message shall appear saying "Player detected" but when you jump on it nothing happens

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project?

Yes as you will see inside the project is two platform that does the same thing but if you jump on them it doesn't work

Upload the sample project and share the link

https://mega.nz/#!5O5CWa7D!7pMve2YoBCJmVeUrtfUqdY5xTCWDI7HhkpB2yveRw4o
Use the D key to jump

Thank you for your time and devotion

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure what's going on with my project, everything was working fine until I updated the engine and now I'm having crashes occuring when touching certain events in playtest- the console seems to pick on the MoveRouteCore Plugin but I see no reason to when it's not even in use currently.

I placed a forum requesting a bit of insight to help me understand what the problem is- it could be a very simple error I'm overlooking, but since updating the program I have virtually changed nothing since.

If anyone here has an understanding better than I that can help me somehow that would be greatly appreciated and would help me move along.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/crashes-on-previously-working-plugins.78392/

tutankhamoonmoon

Thunderblight Ganon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before but...

In the synthesis plugin is it possible to have a few recipes enabled by default without needing some kind of recipe item? I'm mainly using synthesis as a means of making different food items in my project, the player would have a few recipes by default but as the player gets certain cookbooks other recipes will appear.

StatusGear

Entertainment
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I hope it is ok to ask this here, I don't know how to send you a mail)

Name of the plugin: StopMapMovement

Issue: Hi Yanfly. I had a problem with the plugin StopMapMovement and the command StopPlayerMovement. I wanted to be able to use it together with your plugin PictureCommonEvents (to flip pages of a book or close it with my mouse, for example). However, if I used it on an book-autorun event, the PictureCE wouldn't work, and if I used it on a book-parallel event, the PictureCE worked but the player could still move the character through the keyboard. If I used the StopPlayerMovement plugin command, the player couldn't move but the mouse wouldn't work either to activate the picture.

Solution I found: I have very limited javascript knowledge, but I found that if I exchanged the Game_Player.prototype.canMove for Game_Player.prototype.moveByInput, everything would work together as I wanted. Now I can use the PictureCE plugin with the StopPlayerMovement command on a parallel event.

Question/problem I have: I don't know how to integrate the Game_Player.prototype.moveByInput on the default StopMapMovement plugin and still use it like it was meant to be, so I had to do this:

View attachment 60779
View attachment 60778

I erased everything else that matched the default plugin and added "Mouse" to all the parts that referred to Player Movement. Like this I can also use the default StopMapMovement plugin.

I read in your Terms of Use that any edit made was ok as long as it was given proper credit (I didn't touch a single word of the plugin credits), but I don't know if changing the title is ok to use them side by side as a "plugin unit".

I'm sorry if it is a silly question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thank you very much.

I'm actually getting the same problem as this. Glad to see it's not just me.
  • Using PictureCommonEvents disables my mouse abilities.
  • Instead of Auto-run or Parallel, I can verify that it has trouble on Action Button as well.
  • "The StopPlayerMovement plugin command, the player couldn't move but the mouse wouldn't work either to activate the picture."

Manalink

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Deutsch:
Sorry für mein Englisch. Ich bin deutscher. Ich habe einen Fehler in YEP.42 – Battle Status Window!
Dieser Fehler tritt erst seit der Version 1.7 und somit auch in der aktuellen 1.8 auf. Die Status Veränderungen zb Angriff Buff blinken im Fenster. Kampfsystem ist ATB. Während der Zeitbalken steigt, geht das Buff Symbol an und aus und an und aus... Pro Tick... Habe eine neues Projekt nur mit diesem Plugin erstellt (plus Core und Battle Core). Dort trifft dies auch zu.

English:
Sorry for my English. I am German. I have a mistake in YEP.42 – Battle status Window!
This mistake appears only since the version 1.7 and therefore also in the topical 1.8. The status Changes zb attack Buff flashes in the window. Fight system is ATB. While the time beam rises, the Buff symbol begins and from and in and from... Per tick... If a new project has provided only with this Plugin (plus Core and Battle Core). There this also applies.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Not a bug but I have found a problem with the overkill plugin.
Let's say an enemy needs to be done 300 damage to be overkilled. If I use a multi-hit skill which does 3 times 100 damage in a row with an action sequence, the total will be 300 but he won't be overkilled.
That's a really bad thing fo multi-hit skills, and I suppose this is unintended.

Manalink

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
But I would have it with pleasure again as well as in 1.6 version that the icon is indicated permanently, as long as one has it. And flashes not constantly. Also went before.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Manalink : The ATB system is no longer supported by Yanfly. You'll probably have to use older versions of the plug-ins to make it work well.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found what seems to be an incompatibility with STB and actor party switch.

Names of the Plugins: YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch + YEP_X_BattleSysSTB

Do you have the latest versions?: Yes, new project and a batch download of the plugins from yanfly's site this morning.

The problem: If you switch out, the switched actor's turn acts weirdly.

Exact steps to replicate the bug: Open a test battle and select "switch" to change actors. A couple things go wrong:
  1. The first time you switch in for the turn, the new actor gets two turns, but the first doesn't actually do anything.
  2. Anyone who switches after the first character only gets one turn, but the action won't perform.
  3. With a party size of three, the fourth character appears in the list of available actors twice. I found this by accident while replicating the previous bug.
Link to the sample project:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi6nonw8ws3oidu/Bug replicator.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

DranKof

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Save Event Locations
Latest? Yes: v1.06
Parameters? None possible.

Bugs:
#1: direction-locked events retain _originalDirection instead of loading actual saved direction because the turn direction command is routed into the code that checks for ._locked
Practical Application: door events should be direction locked yet their open state should also be as saved on map reload
#2: not all event posdata (like "._through") is saved
Practical Application: doors that are scripted through on (opened) so as to be walked through ought remain so; transparent and static (not stepping) events shouldn't revert back to defaults on map reload (assuming you want to save them)

#1 Original Code:

Yanfly.SEL.Game_Event_setupPageSettings =
Game_Event.prototype.setupPageSettings;
Game_Event.prototype.setupPageSettings = function() {
Yanfly.SEL.Game_Event_setupPageSettings.call(this);
if ($gameTemp._loadLocationDirection) {
this.setDirection($gameTemp._loadLocationDirection);
$gameTemp._loadLocationDirection = undefined;
}
};

#1 Suggested Code:

Yanfly.SEL.Game_Event_setupPageSettings = Game_Event.prototype.setupPageSettings;
Game_Event.prototype.setupPageSettings = function() {
Yanfly.SEL.Game_Event_setupPageSettings.call(this);
if ($gameTemp._loadLocationDirection) {
this._direction = $gameTemp._loadLocationDirection;
$gameTemp._loadLocationDirection = undefined;
}
};

#2 Code:
In:
Game_System.prototype.saveEventLocation
Game_Event.prototype.loadLocation

In addition to pos and dir, consider saving and loading these variables:
this._through
this._directionFix
this._stepAnime
this._walkAnime
this._transparent

Last edited:

SapphKnight88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, this isn't really a bug report, but more a question about whether or not something was possible...
Plugin Name: BaseParamControl
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to call level into account for the custom formulas, as just putting 'level' into the equations results in it not understanding the formula.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For
YEP.130 – Battle System – Standard Turn Battle – RPG Maker MV

Could there be an option where you select ALL your parties actions, then the attacks happen at the same time, in a dynamic pattern based off stats and player position? (essentially the same as this plugin except you choose everything to do per turn, first. Then the automatic attack would have to be staggered somehow so it looks right.)

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Standard Turn Battle System (STB )

Bug Explanation: Common Events, that are called through action sequences, do not function if using STB.

Plugin Parameter Changes: Ah yes, I changed some. I didn't keep track which one,
however I don't mind resetting either, it shouldn't change anything.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
-
When speaking with the npc, a fight will start, with the DTB. You'll see a cutscene that works as intended.
- After you're finished, change the battle system in the battle engine core to "stb"
- Now try fighting the npc again. You'll notice, that the common event in the skill "Fight Start Part 1" does not play anymore.
But without it, it won't force the action for Fight Start Part 2.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes. See sample project below.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://mega.nz/#!PVA1DazI!Cf6e3qRTM1-W1-Wpz2wMjhe2px8q3elU7Kz785vfLKs

Note: I did not set the battle system to stb first, because I wanted to show how the cutscene is supposed to look like
so you'll have a clearer understandig of whats not working.

EDIT: I hope I completed all necessary steps. It has been a while since I last reported a bug and since then it seems like the template has become twice as large :p
If something's amiss, please tell me and I will redo my bug report.

Last edited:

Brad10010

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey your plugins are great but right now I am having a problem with the WeaponsAnimation and BattleCore plugin. When I have both running the weapon animation I did doesnt show up then when I take BattleCore plugin off my weapon animation starts to work

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Yanfly! I'm loving your plugins! I just wanted to report that the "English Dropbox" link for the Battle A.I. Core plugin is giving a 404 error, suggesting that the link was disabled or the file was missing. The mirror still links properly though.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did the forum update break this topic? The plugins are not listed anymore on the main post. I know they are still prob on the website but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olivep3a_