First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: Animated Sideview Enemies
Plugin Parameter Changes: None
Bug Explanation: "It isn't working right"
(Just kidding)
When adding <Floating> to any enemy, in the beginning of the battle, it shows an error: "TypeError undefined is not a function".
But let's get more details with a console log:

Project: https://expirebox.com/download/3625665010be27545710d46b03ee3ccf.html

No need to search for the bug, I found it myself:
After looking at the code, I found out that adding the plugin "Action Sequence Pack 2" fixes the issue.
Being more precisely, I found out that the error is:
var heightRate = this.addFloatingHeight(); //******* (line 1512) - it says that addFloatingHeight() is undefined

After looking around, I found the reason:
if (Imported.YEP_X_ActSeqPack2) { //******** (line 1532)
Sprite_Battler.prototype.addFloatingHeight = function() { //****** (line 1549)
} else { // If YEP_X_ActSeqPack2 is NOT installed //********** (line 1562)

As you see, if ActSeqPack2 is imported then it defines the function, otherwise, it's not. So that the reason for the error.

Xyphon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do all of these battle plugins work in the front view as well? All of the demo videos are side view.

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've noticed and i'm sure alot of you have as well when doing battles- when an enemy or party member initiates an attack- the function runs VERY fast and you see a fraction of a second of the ability name appear on the top of the screen and cycles through very quickly. Anyone know how I can pace it out a bit better? like for example 2 seconds of the ability name showing- brief delay, action commenced and then finally a brief delay before the next enemy/party member begins there next move.

Fox53

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off let me say great plugins Yanfly.

I've found an issue with the coding on one of them though. I've read what you want for bug reports, and I'll give you most of it. I don't feel like it really requires a project demo though, as I'm going to show you the exact lines that are the problem. and an example of how to resolve the issue. If you however feel that is not enough feel free to ignore the issue. So here goes.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_AttachAugments.js
Bug Explanation: The ParamRate Boost (Param: +x%, Param: -x%) never goes down due to the coding surrounding how you calculate the paramRate. If you create an augment with the ParamRate when the augment is removed it never removes the boost, below i've wrote a patch to fix this issue, feel free to use it as is or rewrite it to suit your wishes, or come up with your own fix if you wish. I'm merely including it so show the issue, and how I resolved it.

Way to reproduce the issue would be create an item with the following notetag, the attack will only increase between equiping and removing the augment.

Code:
<Augment Attach: Glyph>
  ATK: +20%
</Augment Attach: Glyph>
<Augment Detach: Glyph>
  ATK: -20%
</Augment Detach: Glyph>

The issue lies on line: 1283 when it sets the value to value/100 + 1
The issue here is that a Atk: +20% would equal 1.2 and a Atk: -20% would equal 0.8. Now those are the correct rates, however following the code down to on line:985 you go into the delete method which is on line:1002 which all works correctly until it goes to check the equality of the traits. You see on line:1013 of the ItemManager.getMatchingTraitIndex method it checks to remove 0.8 but 0.8 is not the value of the trait it should remove, it should be looking for a trait with 1.2. I really hope I'm explaining this coherently. Anyways what I've done to resolve this is simple, during the adjustItemTrait method I've added a check to see if the code is a Trait_Param and if it is i adjust it to look for the opposite. Such as looking for 1.2 instead of 0.8. Now as I'm not the person who wrote the code you may find a better way to fix the issue, but if you want a simple copy and paste fix i've included what I wrote up.

Code:
ItemManager.adjustItemTrait = function(mainItem, code, dataId, value, add) {
    if (add) {
        this.addTraitToItem(mainItem, code, dataId, value);
    } else {
        if (code === Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_PARAM) {
            if (value < 1) {
                value = (100 - value * 100) / 100 + 1;
            } else if (value > 1) {
                value = 1 - (value * 100 - 100) / 100;
            }

}
        this.deleteTraitFromItem(mainItem, code, dataId, value);
    }
};
I hope this helps if anything is unclear let me know I'll try to clear it up.

Rekkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: Common Event Menu
Bug Explanation: Not really a bug but the Dropbox link comes up with a 404.

adrianbada

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly,

First of all, thanks for your great job. It's really nice find good work in js for RPG Maker MV. I want to report a bug in a new plugin, here it is:

Plugin Name: YEP_FootstepSounds

Plugin Parameter Changes: Player Settings -> Player Enable (false)

Bug Explanation: I changed this parameter from true to false and the result is the same, I hear the steps when the player is walking in both situations. I have tried to change the volume and pitch parameters but the main character continues making steps sounds.

Here is the project:

I hope I did it well. Thanks you!

Aralanba

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uncaught ReferenceError: no is not defined
/D:/tools/RPG.Maker.VX.Ace.1.0.1.2.Final.DC.21.10.2013/MC/Kurtulu%C5%9F/js/plugins/YEP_X_MoreStatusPages.js:280 ================================================================
YEP_X_MoreStatusPages requires YEP_StatusMenuCore to be at the latest version to run properly.

Please go to www.yanfly.moe and update to the latest version for the YEP_StatusMenuCore plugin.
================================================================
?????????? help

Br0wnSyndrome

Drunk Programmer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Name: YEP.140 – More Status Menu Pages – RPG Maker MV

Version: RPG Maker MV 1.4.1 for Steam (Windows 10)

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?: Yes

Plugin Parameter Changes: Added "MorePages" to the "YEP_StatusMenuCore" plugin, under the "Command Order" parameter.

Bug Explanation: When launching the game (using in engine "Playtest" or pressing "Ctrl + R"), YEP_X_MoreStatusPages does not detect the "YEP_StatusMenuCore" plugin, defaulting the YEP_X_MoreStatusPages plugin to run at line 273 (else statement). As a result, the project does not load the plugin properly, and the custom pages do not show up, even after adding the <Status Menu Page: title> notetag.

Error persists even when using fresh versions of both the "YEP_StatusMenuCore" and the "YEP_X_MoreStatusPages", downloaded directly from http://yanfly.moe/

Also, this is minor, but the "help" section for the YEP_X_MoreStatusPages plugin states that "This plugin requires YEP_X_MoreStatusPages. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_X_MoreStatusPages in the plugin list.".

It should read "This plugin requires YEP_StatusMenuCore. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_StatusMenuCore in the plugin list.".

Sample Project
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4erc1gqrpr7x2q/More Status Menu Pages Error.rar?dl=0

/C:/Users/Ash/Documents/Games/More%20Status%20Menu%20Pages%20Error/js/plugins/YEP_X_MoreStatusPages.js:280 ================================================================
YEP_X_MoreStatusPages requires YEP_StatusMenuCore to be at the latest version to run properly.

Please go to www.yanfly.moe and update to the latest version for the YEP_StatusMenuCore plugin.
================================================================

pixi.js:24595
Pixi.js 4.0.3 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥
Debug.png

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
1) Place both YEP_StatusMenuCore and YEP_X_MoreStatusPages in the plugin manager. (ALREADY DONE IS USING SAMPLE PROJECT)
2) Run application

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes

Thanks again Yanfly for all you do! Hopefully this will be an easy problem to resolve!

Sample Project Download

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Yanfly ! Great plugins - you've inspired me to keep creating my game! Also, to become a patron :)
I just wanted to notify you that the Dropbox link for Battle A.I. Core is broken on your site. It gives a 404 error saying the file is missing.
Thanks again!

Battle A.I. Core

Iron Tibbers

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Pt-Br
Plugin Name: Standard Turn Battle

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? (Click here for all of the latest updates and install them. If you do not have the latest updates, I will ask you to remake the bug report)
Clean Project; Plugins installed:
Battle Engine Core v1.44
Standard Turn Battle v1.01

Plugin Parameter Changes: Default System changed to stb in the Battle Engine Core plugin.

Bug Explanation: After your last party member(last to act) make his move(any action) he gets locked in a static pose, resuming his animations in his next turn, after that his animation gets locked again.
It happens 100% of the time.
It happens regardless of the number of party members (tested with 1 to 6)

The bug can be seen in the demo video of the battle system as well. After Ralph makes his act for the turn his animation is frozen

Create a Sample Project Reproducing the bug:

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:
Enter in a battle through a New Game or the battle test in the database.
Enter any action to all your party members
After your slower party member acts his battle animation will get stuck in a static pose

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): made in wetransfer
https://we.tl/FyIq0mribz

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off let me say great plugins Yanfly.

I've found an issue with the coding on one of them though. I've read what you want for bug reports, and I'll give you most of it. I don't feel like it really requires a project demo though, as I'm going to show you the exact lines that are the problem. and an example of how to resolve the issue. If you however feel that is not enough feel free to ignore the issue. So here goes.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_AttachAugments.js
Bug Explanation: The ParamRate Boost (Param: +x%, Param: -x%) never goes down due to the coding surrounding how you calculate the paramRate. If you create an augment with the ParamRate when the augment is removed it never removes the boost, below i've wrote a patch to fix this issue, feel free to use it as is or rewrite it to suit your wishes, or come up with your own fix if you wish. I'm merely including it so show the issue, and how I resolved it.

Way to reproduce the issue would be create an item with the following notetag, the attack will only increase between equiping and removing the augment.

Code:
<Augment Attach: Glyph>
  ATK: +20%
</Augment Attach: Glyph>
<Augment Detach: Glyph>
  ATK: -20%
</Augment Detach: Glyph>

The issue lies on line: 1283 when it sets the value to value/100 + 1
The issue here is that a Atk: +20% would equal 1.2 and a Atk: -20% would equal 0.8. Now those are the correct rates, however following the code down to on line:985 you go into the delete method which is on line:1002 which all works correctly until it goes to check the equality of the traits. You see on line:1013 of the ItemManager.getMatchingTraitIndex method it checks to remove 0.8 but 0.8 is not the value of the trait it should remove, it should be looking for a trait with 1.2. I really hope I'm explaining this coherently. Anyways what I've done to resolve this is simple, during the adjustItemTrait method I've added a check to see if the code is a Trait_Param and if it is i adjust it to look for the opposite. Such as looking for 1.2 instead of 0.8. Now as I'm not the person who wrote the code you may find a better way to fix the issue, but if you want a simple copy and paste fix i've included what I wrote up.

Code:
ItemManager.adjustItemTrait = function(mainItem, code, dataId, value, add) {
    if (add) {
        this.addTraitToItem(mainItem, code, dataId, value);
    } else {
        if (code === Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_PARAM) {
            if (value < 1) {
                value = (100 - value * 100) / 100 + 1;
            } else if (value > 1) {
                value = 1 - (value * 100 - 100) / 100;
            }

}
        this.deleteTraitFromItem(mainItem, code, dataId, value);
    }
};
I hope this helps if anything is unclear let me know I'll try to clear it up.
I have also encountered this problem, and Fox53's solution does not work for me. Please make an update to fix it Yanfly.

Last edited:

fillysteps

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize if this is a dumb question and im just being inept, but i can't seem to find a way using the classchage/subclass plugins to restrict certain subclasses to only be usable by certain primary classes. Theres a way to restrict it a little, like making the subclass only unlock after you got a main class to a high enough level. But i am unable to figure out how to make the subclass unusable once the character switches to another class. Thank you for your time (Whoever decides to help) and sorry for being dumb if i am.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
NOTE: This report is being made as a possible conflict between ItemCore & rpg_windows.js, and ItemSynthesis & rpg_managers.js. I have already updated to RPG Maker v1.5.0, copied the rpg_words.js files, the libs folder, and index.htm to the project, as per the official update instructions. Unfortunately, I cannot recreate either problem in a new blank project, and so I apologize if this means my report will be overlooked. Please see explanation below.

Plugin Name:
YEP_ItemCore, YEP_ItemSynthesis

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes.

Plugin Parameter Changes:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Bug #1 Explanation: Today, following the v1.5.0 update after copying all the correct files, I receive the error in the quote box below below when I go to Menu > Equip > Select Character > Equip > Select piece of Equipment, but only when the ItemCore plugin is turned off. Turning ItemCore back on causes the problem to disappear, even when no other plugins are ON besides ItemCore. So, I can only assume that there might be some kind of clash between ItemCore and the updated rpg_windows.js in my old project. However, on starting a new project, I cannot seem to replicate the error when going to Menu > Equip > Select Character > Equip > Select piece of Equipment.

Bug #2 Explanation: Again, following the v1.5.0 update, upon accessing an event which calls an item's recipe list for Synthesis, I receive the the error in the Spoiler box below.

----------------------------------------------------------
As I mentioned before, due to my being unable to replicate these problems in a new project, I understand if this report will be ignored, but I am not sure what could be causing the problems in my original project and hope to resolve the issue, as I am terrified of losing so many hours of work.
----------------------------------------------------------

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? No.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'etypeId' of undefined
at Window_EquipItem.includes (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:2483:33)
at Window_EquipItem.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:1972:21)
at Array.filter (native)
at Window_EquipItem.Window_ItemList.makeItemList (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:1971:40)
at Window_EquipItem.Window_ItemList.refresh (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:2013:10)
at Window_EquipItem.setSlotId (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:2474:14)
at Window_EquipSlot.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_windows.js:2391:26)
at file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_core.js:7029:19
at Array.forEach (native)
at WindowLayer.update (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_core.js:7027:19)rpg_managers.js:1949
pixi.js:26884 Deprecation Warning: PIXI.GC_MODES.DEFAULT has been deprecated, please use PIXI.settings.GC_MODE
pixi.js:26471
Pixi.js 4.4.1 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: Cannot read property 'recipeItem' of undefined
at Game_System.<anonymous>
(file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:604:15)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Game_System.totalRecipes (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:603:25)
at Window_SynthesisStatus.drawCollectedRecipes (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:822:40)
at Window_SynthesisStatus.refresh (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:810:15)
at Window_SynthesisStatus.initialize (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:804:10)
at new Window_SynthesisStatus (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:796:21)
at Scene_Synthesis.createStatusWindow (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:1532:26)
at Scene_Synthesis.create (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/plugins/YEP_ItemSynthesis.js:1507:10)
at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (file:///C:/Users/EliteFerrex/Documents/Games/Lumina%20Legacy/js/rpg_managers.js:2005:25)rpg_managers.js:1949 SceneManager.catchException

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@EliteFerrex : That means you didn't update the project to 1.5 correctly, as there is no other logical way Item core being OFF would throw an error. What is going on is having Item Core ON is saving you from an error due to an error in updating your project. Please redo all steps for updating the project to 1.5.

EliteFerrex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EliteFerrex : That means you didn't update the project to 1.5 correctly, as there is no other logical way Item core being OFF would throw an error. What is going on is having Item Core ON is saving you from an error due to an error in updating your project. Please redo all steps for updating the project to 1.5.
I will attempt to do so again, thank you.

[Update]
I have once again installed the 1.5.0 update from the patch's .exe file, copied the files from NewData to my project, but I am still receiving the same errors. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly without knowing?

I have:
1) Installed v1.5.0 patch
2) Copied NewData's rpg_core, managers, objects, scenes, sprites, and windows files and the libs folder to Documents\Games\GameTitle\js.
3) Copied NewData's index.html to Documents\Games\GameTitle.

Is there anything else I have forgotten to do?

Last edited:

maxinm

Undermax Games
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Yanfly. I have a little bug with Yep_PartySystem plugin.

(Sorry if my english isnt good, that's why im spanish)

One of mine items is called "Exp Book" and it Gives randomly exp point to one selected actor.
I use this script call to do it: $gameParty.members()[n].gainExp($gameVariables.value(X))
Where n is the actor position on party, and X is a Random variable.

This works Okay, but it have an little issue, if the selected party member is not Participating in battles, it doesnt gain the exp using this function, but If the member is participating in battles then, it does.

Can you please help me?

tonyvld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin name: Animated Sideview Enemies
Parameter Changes: None
Bug: None
It's just a personal question about the plugin. Using a skill, would you be able to alter the scale of enemies or actors during battle? Or must the scale be decided before battle? If the scale can be changed mid-battle, I would greatly appreciate you telling me what I'd have to do.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!,

I'm using the "Event Chase" plugin - and for the common event that's called I have it set up to play an animation on "This Event". For some reason, it won't play the animation though - if I call it from the event itself, or have it display somewhere else, it'll work - but when the player is sighted it won't.

Has anybody been successful in having animations play on the enemy in conjunction with this plugin?

Thanks in advance!,

mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey guys!,

I'm using the "Event Chase" plugin - and for the common event that's called I have it set up to play an animation on "This Event". For some reason, it won't play the animation though - if I call it from the event itself, or have it display somewhere else, it'll work - but when the player is sighted it won't.

Has anybody been successful in having animations play on the enemy in conjunction with this plugin?

Thanks in advance!,
i had the same error in my old project i cant remember exactly what i did to fix it, but i would suggest to see if "This Event" will do anything else incase its just a simple error

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i had the same error in my old project i cant remember exactly what i did to fix it, but i would suggest to see if "This Event" will do anything else incase its just a simple error
It works otherwise, just not from the plugin call. Womp wooommpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kleik