Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Skill Core

Features and How to Use

The Skill Core plugin enables you to modify the core aspects of skills such as the cost and effects. With this plugin, HP costs are also implemented, too.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_SkillCore.js

Instructions

Introduction

Skills in RPG’s consist of three main components: Costs, Damage, and Effects. Although not all components are required for a skill, they certainly make up a good chunk of it. Damage will be handled by another plugin, but this plugin will provide a core handling for skill costs and skill effects.

This plugin also includes the ability for battlers to swap their HP, MP, and/or TP gauges for something different if it would fit the character better (for example, some classes don’t use MP and/or TP).

Notetags

These notetags can adjust either skill costs or special skill effects.

Skill Notetags:

<HP Cost: x>

Changes the skill to have x as its HP cost. RPG Maker MV’s editor lacks HP cost functions so this would allow skills to use HP as their cost.

<HP Cost: x%>

Changes the skill to cost a percentage of the character’s MaxHP value.

<MP Cost: x>

Changes the skill to have x as its MP cost. This helps bypass the database’s hard limit of 9999.

<MP Cost: x%>

Changes the skill to cost a percentage of the character’s MaxMP value.

<TP Cost: x>

Changes the skill to have x as its TP cost. This helps bypass the database’s hard limit of 99.

<TP Cost: x%>

Changes the skill to cost a percentage of the character’s MaxTP value. Although the default MaxTP is 100, this tag will be useful for any plugins that will alter a character’s MaxTP values.

Gauge Swapping

This plugin also lets you swap around the HP, MP, and TP Gauges to any order you want assuming that all the plugins you use will keep the same order of HP, MP, and TP and does not override the default gauge drawing process. If you use any plugin extensions, they can be swaped in as well.

Note: If you do not have ‘Display TP in Battle’ checked under the System tab in the database, nothing will be shown for the third slot.

Class Notetag:

<Swap Gauge x: y>

This will change gauge x (1, 2, or 3) to y. Replace y with ‘HP’, ‘MP’, or ‘TP’ to have it display that gauge type in that gauge slot. If you wish for that slot to display nothing, insert ‘Nothing’ or ‘Null’ in place of y in the notetag.

Weapon, Armor, and State Notetags:

<Swap Gauge x: y>

Actors with equipment or states that contain these notetags or enemies with states that contain these notetags will display those swapped gauges in place of the default settings or settings defined by the Class or Enemy notetags.

Priority will go in the following order: Weapons, Armors, States, Class, Enemy

Lunatic Mode – Skill Costs

For users who want more control over skill costs and skill effects, there exists notetags that allow you to apply code to the costs and/or effects of a skill. For effects, this will also extend towards item control, as well.

<Custom HP Cost>

code

code

</Custom HP Cost>

This allows the skill to have a custom HP cost based off of code. For the piece of code, ‘cost’ is a variable already predefined with the HP Cost and the HP percentage cost.

<Custom MP Cost>

code

code

</Custom MP Cost>

This allows the skill to have a custom MP cost based off of code. For the piece of code, ‘cost’ is a variable already predefined with the MP Cost and the MP percentage cost.

<Custom TP Cost>

code

code

</Custom TP Cost>

This allows the skill to have a custom TP cost based off of code. For the piece of code, ‘cost’ is a variable already predefined with the TP Cost and the TP percentage cost.

Lunatic Mode – The Skill Phases

For this skill, multiple effects are applied and at different phases. The various phases are as follows:

Before Effect Phase (influenced by this plugin)

if skill successfully lands:

– Pre-Damage Effect Phase (influenced by this plugin)

– Damage Phase

– Post-Damage Effect Phase (influenced by this plugin)

– Item Trait Effects Phase

After Effect Phase (influenced by this plugin)

There’s four phases which can be influenced by this plugin. Two of which do not matter if the effect successfully lands or not, two of which do matter if the skill does land.

Skill and Item Notetags:

<Before Eval>

code

code

</Before Eval>

<Pre-Damage Eval>

code

code

</Pre-Damage Eval>

<Post-Damage Eval>

code

code

</Post-Damage Eval>

<After Eval>

code

code

</After Eval>

If you wish to use custom effects for your skill, you can insert the respective notetags into the skill (or item) noteboxes and it will run the code that appears in between the tags. However, using any form of comments in this tag will block out code that follows.
The Skill Core has (compatibility) issues... It COMPLETELY removes my party's health, MP, and TP (which I renamed spirit) gauges. When I was trying to find out which plugin it was I tried to remove the Item Core on accident (long story) then the game kept crashing saying something like "eItem" could not be read. Please fix this.

passballtotucker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I posted these two bugs together because they occur at the same time under the same circumstances.

First:

Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore, YEP_X_VisualStateFX,
With these two plugins turned on, the bug will occur. Either plugin by itself will not cause this issue.

Plugin Parameter Changes:
None

Bug Explanation:
When battle processing allows the player to lose the fight and they lose, the actor(s) will get up right before the battle ends.

Second:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_VisualHpGauge

Plugin Parameter Changes: Show HP and HP value set to true.

Bug Explanation: When battle processing allows the player to lose the fight and they lose, the HP Gauge will reappear under the actor(s) right before the battle ends. If the HP value is set to true, you will also see the HP go to 1.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bugs: Just go to the event battle on the map and get killed. The bug for both issues will be shown simultaneously.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!iMkXlQzY!40AAPinDMhmeW7I8_nCRbsQJS3nCALjtyASFdv-F8sQ

Last edited:

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is just mistake in plugin description
Plugin Name: YEP.140 – More Status Menu Pages

Bug Explanation:
Introduction part in plugin description: "This plugin requires YEP_X_MoreStatusPages. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_X_MoreStatusPages in the plugin list."
Solution: YEP_X_MoreStatusPages
should be replaced by YEP_StatusMenuCore in both cases
Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bugs: Read plugin description :).

BlackNekos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: YEP_ItemCore
Error is also thrown with Param control / formula plugins and Absorption Barrier (All these are set to off and error is still thrown)

None

Bug Explanation:
When starting up the game, "Cannot read property 'expParams' of undefined"

Console Output:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'expParams' of undefined
at Game_Actor.expForLevel (rpg_objects.js:3524)
at Game_Actor.currentLevelExp (rpg_objects.js:3541)
at Game_Actor.initExp (rpg_objects.js:3533)
at Game_Actor.setup (rpg_objects.js:3439)
at Game_Actor.setup (YEP_ItemCore.js:881)
at Game_Actor.initialize (rpg_objects.js:3406)
at new Game_Actor (rpg_objects.js:3391)
at Game_Actors.actor (rpg_objects.js:4585)
at Game_Party.initActorEquips (YEP_ItemCore.js:1031)
at Game_Party.setupStartingMembers (YEP_ItemCore.js:1024)

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bugs: Start a project will ItemCore added on RMMV version 1.5.0 Adding BaseParamControl, ExtraParam and SpecialParam along with Absorption barrier throws the error.

Cuprite

Previously Golden
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, in 1.5.0, your Doodads plugin makes the title screen the default MV size no matter what resolution is chosen. It only does this when the game is launched. When quit the game and go back the title screen, it's back to normal. Close out of the game and open it again, and it goes back to the default MV size.
I would upload a screenshot, but the RPG Maker forums hate me.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I just learned an ugly truth about the ATB and why Yanfly no longer supports it.
I really love the feature, but it does take a bit away to where I have to turn the cheek and discard it, and for that I must reveal the truth onto why.
Timers can be an important factor to ones game. Sometimes it provides suspense, whereas other times it provides challenge. However, with that said, when it comes to challenging ones self, lets say time attack, there are limits. Only limit I can say is whenever a battle commences, you have to put in a feature that pauses the timer. Otherwise, it'll continue on. When the timer is up, usually the battle would just abort if this is a time attack quest. Transfer player back to the start, so they can retry and beat the timer before it expires; consequently.... that does not happen. Battle continues, and after it continues, timer acts as though it doesn't exist. No matter HOW many events you through at it, it acts as though the timer never started. Only event that happens to work is moment, but then the player is unable to fight due to a infinite loop.

So yea... I am going to try out STB, but.... DANG YOU RPG MAKER SOFTWARE! WHHHYYYY u.u

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_BattleEngineCore

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes

None

Bug Explanation: Action End states are not lowering their turns to end.

Error report: None

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? Not good enough in my opinion, but gave it a try.
The problem seems to be on line 3919, since it stopped when I commented the if:
Code:
/*if (!BattleManager._processTurn)*/ this.updateStateActionEnd();
Keep in mind, I have no idea if I ended up breaking something else with this yet...

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay

None

Bug Explanation: Icon does not change when actor is on the class set on <Class x Turn Order Icon: y>, or does not show up at all. If you use <Turn Order Icon: x> to set a default one, if does not change from it even if you are on a set class. If you do not, the box is empty.

How to replicate it: Give the actor different icons for different classes. Giving or not a not-class-related one changes the resulting problem.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? Not good enough yet.

Sample Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnveofo2k770cx8/TurnOrder Bug.rar?dl=0

Mr.Richmond

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a problem with event chase player, the problem itself is that the enemy can see the player through walls, and using stealth regions is not a solution since the enemy is freely roaming. How do I make enemies not see through walls? please reply

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mr.Richmond : That is the way the plug-in is designed, as RPGMaker is not set up for true line of sight calculations (as those are very GPU intensive). If you really need it to be set up to work with line of sight, best post a new thread under plug-in support.

Rest of you, please remember Yanfly's rules! The sample project is *mandatory* if you want your issue looked at. Yanfly makes no exceptions to this rule. Thank you.

Mr.Richmond

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug Report:

Plugin Name
: YEP_Event Chase Player

None

Bug Explanation: the problem itself is that the enemy can see the player through walls, and using stealth regions is not a solution since the enemy is freely roaming. How do I make enemies not see through walls? please reply

How to replicate it: it just sees through walls

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? not at all.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like I said, for your case @Mr.Richmond you need to post a new thread under plug-in support, as what is happening is exactly what the plug in was designed to do. So since what you want is an edit to it, you need to post that in a new thread, as Yanfly doesn't do edits.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Find the plug-in support page, and there should be a make new thread option. Use that.

Trixingno

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Bug Report:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_VisualStateFX, YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes.

Plugin Parameter Changes: None.

Bug Explanation: If a sideview actor has an animation playing on them from a state, and they are switched out for another actor, the animation will disappear but then reappear on the next turn, even though the new actor does not have the state applied.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Start a battle either through battle test or from the bat sprite on the sample map. Use the "Poison" magic on Harold. Switch him out for another actor, then Guard or otherwise pass the turn. The state animation should return upon the start of the next turn.

Sample Project: https://www.mediafire.com/?ap36ux35a6d5vbq

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Plugin Name: YEP_X_ItemDisassemble.js

None

Bug Explanation:
After disassemble an item. Showed window can't be closed by mouse buttons.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bugs: Disassemble any item.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I posted these two bugs together because they occur at the same time under the same circumstances.

First:

Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore, YEP_X_VisualStateFX,
With these two plugins turned on, the bug will occur. Either plugin by itself will not cause this issue.

None

Bug Explanation:
When battle processing allows the player to lose the fight and they lose, the actor(s) will get up right before the battle ends.

Second:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_VisualHpGauge

Plugin Parameter Changes: Show HP and HP value set to true.

Bug Explanation: When battle processing allows the player to lose the fight and they lose, the HP Gauge will reappear under the actor(s) right before the battle ends. If the HP value is set to true, you will also see the HP go to 1.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bugs: Just go to the event battle on the map and get killed. The bug for both issues will be shown simultaneously.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!iMkXlQzY!40AAPinDMhmeW7I8_nCRbsQJS3nCALjtyASFdv-F8sQ

I can confirm the first bug, also happens in my game, also sometimes animation fire twice with it (overkill for example) will run twice with both those plugins on.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but concerning your new plugin Battle System - STB, is action times + not meant to work with it?

sorry if this has already been answered

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but concerning your new plugin Battle System - STB, is action times + not meant to work with it?

sorry if this has already been answered
Yeah, from what I got. Yanfly did say that every Battler would only get one action a turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?
Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zellemate