Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A way around this would be to evaluate the Target Rate parameter, wouldn't it?.....

gamerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
A way around this would be to evaluate the Target Rate parameter, wouldn't it?.....
Hmm... true. There were Eval functions in AI Core. Not sure how targetRate is called in the code, but if I randomly remove targets from scope based on their target rate - it may work. Maybe. Dunno how it works internally, so it may or may not work as I think.

cellicom

Uncle celli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Congratulations, great job. As usual.

There is a full demo to download to see in practice how to set it up? Even what you see in the video tutorial is fine.

obviously, if possible.

Thank you in advance

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
HP Gauge..........ooooohhhh...........

Damage Core, yes plz.

gamerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hmm-hmm-hmm... I was wondering... you have systems that covers almost every gameplay-related aspect of database. But what about statuses? Why no love for them too? Will be nice to have system that extends statuses, For example:

1. Status auto-apply conditions. Something like your Auto-Passive statuses system, but less radical - with cancelable statuses.

2. Status stacking. Why not?

3. Status cancel conditions. Maybe you want status to be canceled when TP reaches zero.

4. Maybe... things like evilities in Disgaea series. Like ATK increases 5% * enemy count.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think there's already a plugin kicking around that lets states stack.

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Cough*

Skill Tree Plugin

*Cough*

I realllllly don't want to have to make one myself ;___;

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
*Cough*

Skill Tree Plugin

*Cough*

I don't quite understand.

What would you be needing of a skill tree that you can't access already via database?

Skill prerequisites?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Ah! So here is the thread to that infamous Yanfly plugins!!

You are doing great job here, Yanfly.

Now if only I can do something about that item core plugin (so that it will prohibit player from taking further item from events/battles if the item limit is approached...):/

Anyway.

HP gauge will be great addition to your plugin list! Voted.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the skill tree, I'm sure you can just arrange it Etrian Odyssey style in that you include all the child skills after the parent skill.

I think those top three are the most important ones, but I'll be patient with the Common Event Button since I kind of need that even if Dekita has the buttons on-screen.

I don't know why later RPG Makers removed the function to event a button press if you needed an extra key (like the party chat I've been working on.)

SilverStarNeko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
I got this error while trying action pack #2 
Attack motion

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined
    at Function.BattleManager.makeActionTargets (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1513)
    at Function.BattleManager.actionAttackAnimation (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:535)
    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:453)
    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:558)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1386)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1217)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3063)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]I found another bug which was also in the base engine of the game but I'll report it here so you can have a look at it Yanfly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Battle Engine Core[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Dual Wielding will cause the characters to only attack with the weapon in the first slot when using Attack and both weapon animations are played at once. There should be two successive SV Animations using each of the weapons in the slots and then playing the respective animation after each one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]​[/SIZE]If someone uses a Sword in Slot 1 and an Axe in Slot 2 for example, the actor will only swing the sword and both the sword and the axe's animations will play at the same time. If you decide to fix this, an option to speed up animation speed for dual wielding might be nice here so that it doesn't bog down the speed of battles. 

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
*Cough*

Skill Tree Plugin

*Cough*

"Skill Learn System" won the 1st poll. Maybe you can find what you need there once Yanfly's done making. Or maybe you want something else?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start a new game after adding the plugin, or did you resume a game you had started and saved earlier?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I got this error while trying action pack #2 

Attack motion

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined

at Function.BattleManager.makeActionTargets (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1513)

at Function.BattleManager.actionAttackAnimation (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:535)

at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:453)

at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:558)

at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1386)

at Function.BattleManager.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1217)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3063)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)
I'm unable to replicate it, did you update all the plugins to the latest version?

[SIZE=10.5pt]I found another bug which was also in the base engine of the game but I'll report it here so you can have a look at it Yanfly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Battle Engine Core[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Dual Wielding will cause the characters to only attack with the weapon in the first slot when using Attack and both weapon animations are played at once. There should be two successive SV Animations using each of the weapons in the slots and then playing the respective animation after each one. [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]​[/SIZE]If someone uses a Sword in Slot 1 and an Axe in Slot 2 for example, the actor will only swing the sword and both the sword and the axe's animations will play at the same time. If you decide to fix this, an option to speed up animation speed for dual wielding might be nice here so that it doesn't bog down the speed of battles. 
If you play without the Battle Engine Core, you'll actually find out the way it's done in the Battle Engine Core is done exactly the same as it is without it when it comes to dual wielding. I've made no changes to this yet because I plan on revamping the unconventional dual wielding system given to us by default.

On another note:

The newest plugin updates are out: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/02/plugin-previews-voting-round-2/#more-540

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dear Yanfly, I updated my plugins directly from the link you just posted, and then I went into battle aaaaaaaaaaand all of my characer skills/spells aren't showing up :o

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The motion names were named after what they were named in the source code:

If anything, it'd be better if you refered to the Help File found within the Action Sequences themselves as they give a clearer meaning on what to expect.
I followed the Help File found within the Action Sequences, but as you designed your Action Sequences based on rpg_sprites.js, it will become strange that when I set the motion to wait, the actor will walk, but when I set the motion to walk, the actor will wait (I am using custom sprites which clearly show this problem compared to standard sv_battler which looks little ambiguous). I still sure, there is a mistake in naming or translating the rpg_sprites.js script .

Let me show you, what will become if we follow the instruction based on the manual or source code:

will resulting something like this in game:

Based on the animation above, It is clearly see that Step Forward column or walk in the source code (index 0) is misplaced. The animation indicated it as Normal Standby (wait) pose (see the character is breathing).

In fact, the game will read index 0 as Normal Standby (Wait), while index 1  as Step Forward (Walk). Even index 0 is one that used as actor preview by editor for sv_battler which usually only show a normal pose.

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Skill Learn System" won the 1st poll. Maybe you can find what you need there once Yanfly's done making. Or maybe you want something else?
I was thinking more like a FFX style skill tree.  Using visuals to represent the learning instead of the JP system.  I think Raizen made one for Ace.  If no one makes one within a month I'll probably just do it  :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Im really Happy that the MZ Hero looks like a Boy than a Man.
What the community thinks hackers do:
"Ok, now let's just type in the /win command, and... done!"

What hackers actually do:
"Alright, so I have a high jump mod installed, now I can just jump over everyone and be sneaky until I'm the last one standing."
When you gotta make a new tileset for each building because of a few differences.

20/24 done. Still no clue waht to put in 24, though...
I will be streaming RPG Maker demos very soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takoto