Not open for further replies.

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I updated all my plugins to the newest verison via your site. However, whenever I start up a game, I get a black screen that just sits there for a while before I can close it. whenever I disable the CoreEngine, it works fine. I've downgraded back to 1.06 that I made a backup of till I can solve this. 

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys,

Been using your Plugins Yan, really amazing work :)

Just encountered one issue so far (not sure if it's me though).

I'm setting multiple items as a req to learn a Skill. Setup is fine, but in game only one of the items appears in the Cost list. 

For some reason, even though all 3 Items are meant to be part of the cost, it's ignoring the second two items.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Here's a few pics to show.

Thanks in advance for any help guys :)

Btw, keep up the amazing work Yan.

Skill Menu.png

Item Menu.png

Class Menu.png

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Moe_Lester13

You need to change

Item 216:1

Item 217:1

to

Item 216: 1

Item 217: 1

that space is important :p

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I found a small "bug" with the Skill Learn system updating skill descriptions: (Warning, multiple pictures + descriptions in spoiler!

Here is me looking at the Crippling Shot ability. The description at the top is correct.

good1.png

I buy the ability, which then unlocks 2 more options that upgrade Crippling Shot. The skill descriptions are still a-okay.

good2.png

After buying one of the two Crippling Shot options, only the learned option remains, and the other two disappear (this is intentional). The cursor then defaults to the next skill, which is fine...BUT, look at the skill description at the top. It is still reflecting Crippling Shot's description, and not the appropriate description for Raining Arrows

bad1.png

Once you move the cursor away from Raining Arrows and then back to it, the description at the top updates, and is then correct.

good3.png
Thank you for your time! ^_^

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Moe_Lester13

You need to change

Item 216:1

Item 217:1

to

Item 216: 1

Item 217: 1

that space is important :p
Oh wow, I feel like such an idiot. Didn't even see that -__-

Well, it's after midnight where I am, so probably time to get some rest me thinks. 

Thank you :D

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to have your passivestates plugin, remove a state? I want to setup Skills with ranks, so if you learn the next rank, it would remove the previous state.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Ok so I finished the JobPoint Levels Extension, http://www.mediafire.com/view/6b6c9891km3s52g/FoxJPLevels.js

Do you want me to create a new post for it, or do you want to put it in the main post?
A new post would be great. :D Lemme know when it's made and I can link to it from both my site and on here!

I updated all my plugins to the newest verison via your site. However, whenever I start up a game, I get a black screen that just sits there for a while before I can close it. whenever I disable the CoreEngine, it works fine. I've downgraded back to 1.06 that I made a backup of till I can solve this. 
I reverted the setting. It should be fine now: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_CoreEngine.js Lemme know if that works for you! :)

I found a small "bug" with the Skill Learn system updating skill descriptions: (Warning, multiple pictures + descriptions in spoiler!

Here is me looking at the Crippling Shot ability. The description at the top is correct.

good1.png

I buy the ability, which then unlocks 2 more options that upgrade Crippling Shot. The skill descriptions are still a-okay.

good2.png

After buying one of the two Crippling Shot options, only the learned option remains, and the other two disappear (this is intentional). The cursor then defaults to the next skill, which is fine...BUT, look at the skill description at the top. It is still reflecting Crippling Shot's description, and not the appropriate description for Raining Arrows

bad1.png

Once you move the cursor away from Raining Arrows and then back to it, the description at the top updates, and is then correct.

good3.png
Thank you for your time! ^_^
Thanks for all the details! Managed to get it fixed! :D  http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js

Is it possible to have your passivestates plugin, remove a state? I want to setup Skills with ranks, so if you learn the next rank, it would remove the previous state.
Removing the state, not quite, but what you can do is use Lunatic Mode's conditional passives to check if a skill is learned and have it turned off. :)

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I have a quick question.

Is there an action sequence command that changes the skill element? Let's say there is a spell that the mimics Tri Attack from the Pokemon series. The sequence supposed to do something like this:

- change to fire element

- play fire animation

- action effect

- change to ice element

- play ice animation

- action effect

- change to thunder element

- play thunder animation

- action effect

Cheers! :)

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
@Riff Currently there isn't but I do have plans on including element shifting once I make an Element extension plugin for the Damage Core.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Riff Currently there isn't but I do have plans on including element shifting once I make an Element extension plugin for the Damage Core.
Ah, alright then. Gonna leave that on hold for now. Looking forward to it then! :)

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, with Skill Cooldown plugin:

I want to make somes skills to decrease a specific skill cooldown.

Similar to Karma (from League of Legends) Mantra skill. Each skill se uses decreases Mantra's cooldown in 1 second.

@EDIT:

Also, I have an issue with Skill Cooldowns and BattleSysATB plugins.

Skills enter in cooldown, but the cooldown does not decrease each turn :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Similar to Karma (from League of Legends) Mantra skill. Each skill se uses decreases Mantra's cooldown in 1 second.
If you're using the Battle Core Action Sequence Pack, you can use this in your skill action sequence:

skill x cooldown: user, -1

where x is the id of your Mantra skill.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Class Change Core - Subclass

Features and How to Use

Requires the Class Change Core plugin. This plugin enables your actors to be able to have a secondary class as a subclass! Subclasses can carry over skills, skill types, traits, and stats! How they carry it over is entirely up to you!

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/29/yep-34-subclass/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_ClassChangeCore. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_ClassChangeCore in the plugin list.

This class enables subclassing for your actors. Actors, when subclassing, can gain the benefits of the subclass, usually either by having access to the subclass skill set, weapons, and armor options. Also with this plugin, you can enable what kind of stat bonuses you can get by having a particular subclass enabled for the actor.

Notetags

You can use the following notetags to modify subclassing aspects.

Actor Notetag:

<Subclass: x>
Sets the actor’s default subclass to x.

<Restrict Class: x>
<Restrict Class: x, x, x>
<Restrict Class: x to y>
This particular actor cannot switch his or her primary class to class(es) x (to y). This does not apply to the subclass. The actor can still change to this class via event.

<Restrict Subclass: x>
<Restrict Subclass: x, x, x>
<Restrict Subclass: x to y>
This particular actor cannot switch his or her subclass to class(es) x (to y). This does not apply to the primary class. The actor can still change to this subclass via event.

Class Notetags:

<Primary Only>
This class can only be class changed to a primary class and nothing more.

<Subclass Only>
This class can only be class changed to a subclass and nothing more.

<Subclass x Combo Name: text>
If this class is the primary and the subclass is class ID x, then the class name displayed will be ‘text’. For example, if the class combination is Warrior/Wizard, the name can appear as Spellblade.

<Hero Combo Name: text>
<Warrior Combo Name: text>
If you choose to use the class’s name instead, you can write out the name of the class in place of Subclass x. If you have multiple classes with the same name, priority will be given to the class with the highest ID.

Skill and Item Notetags:

<Require Class: x>
<Require Class: x, x, x>
<Require Class: x to y>
Replace x with the class’s ID. This skill/item can only be used by the listed class(es) x. This does not apply to enemies.

<Require Subclass: x>
<Require Subclass: x, x, x>
<Require Subclass: x to y>
Replace x with the class’s ID. This skill/item can only be used by the listed subclass(es) x. This does not apply to enemies.

Plugin Commands

You can use these following plugin commands to change subclassing throughout the game!

Plugin Command:

ShowSubclass
Shows the Subclass command in the Class Change Menu.

HideSubclass
Hides the Subclass command in the Class Change Menu.

EnableSubclass
Enables the Subclass command in the Class Change Menu.

DisableSubclass
Disables the Subclass command in the Class Change Menu.

ChangeSubclass x y
Changes actor x’s subclass to y. Replace y with 0 to remove a subclass.

Happy RPG Making!

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score

@EDIT:

Also, I have an issue with Skill Cooldowns and BattleSysATB plugins.

Skills enter in cooldown, but the cooldown does not decrease each turn :/
That's strange? Do you have the updated versions of the plugins and the "Time Based" setting set to false?

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly,

I think I've come across an odd bug (at least I'm pretty sure it's a bug) in the BattleCore plugin relating to enemy immortality. If you force an action in the After Eval notetag provided by your SkillCore plugin and the first attack kills an enemy, the enemy is reduced to 0 HP, but is never removed from the battle due to it's immortality (or at least, when I call removeImmortality() on the target in the eval it registers that the enemy is dead because it calls refresh() on the battler). There's no error in the console, and the glitch only happens the first time in a battle that the skill is used. It also triggers the skill one more time than is needed, but I'm not sure that isn't a problem with my notetag. (Edit: Watching the gif below again, I think it may just be the battle messages catching up to the action)

I've recorded a gif of this behavior here:

Here are steps to reproduce from a clean project:

Create the new project.

Install YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_SkillCore, and YEP_BattleEngineCore and turn them all on.

Create the following skill:

Use this skill in battle with more than one enemy.
I can also upload my own reproduction project if you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you're using the Battle Core Action Sequence Pack, you can use this in your skill action sequence:

skill x cooldown: user, -1

where x is the id of your Mantra skill.
How do I use it? I tried to use:

<follow action>skill 43 cooldown: user, -1

</follow action>

but it didnt work :/

That's strange? Do you have the updated versions of the plugins and the "Time Based" setting set to false?
Oh, i forgot to change this options, my bad xD Thanks, it's working now.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Yanfly,

I think I've come across an odd bug (at least I'm pretty sure it's a bug) in the BattleCore plugin relating to enemy immortality. If you force an action in the After Eval notetag provided by your SkillCore plugin and the first attack kills an enemy, the enemy is reduced to 0 HP, but is never removed from the battle due to it's immortality (or at least, when I call removeImmortality() on the target in the eval it registers that the enemy is dead because it calls refresh() on the battler). There's no error in the console, and the glitch only happens the first time in a battle that the skill is used. It also triggers the skill one more time than is needed, but I'm not sure that isn't a problem with my notetag. (Edit: Watching the gif below again, I think it may just be the battle messages catching up to the action)

I've recorded a gif of this behavior here:

Here are steps to reproduce from a clean project:

Create the new project.

Install YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_SkillCore, and YEP_BattleEngineCore and turn them all on.

Create the following skill:

Use this skill in battle with more than one enemy.
I can also upload my own reproduction project if you need.

When you force an action mid-way through the the sequence, immortality settings don't get reset (intended). However, what you're attempting to do is a bit complicated to be achieving from the After Eval effect.

Instead, use the after eval to set the target index. $gameVariables.setValue(1, target.index()); Afterwards, run a common event to force the action instead. What you're doing is forcing the action sequence to occur mid-effect. Since the original action sequence hasn't been fully finalized, you end up causing the remainder of the effects to go unfinished too.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I use it? I tried to use:

<follow action>

skill 43 cooldown: user, -1

</follow action>

but it didnt work :/
Sorry, I cant test it myself at the moment. Have you tried different values? Like a -2 or -3? It was provided as an example, so I thought it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scierwo