[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VRAllMad

VRAllMad Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin: DragonBones Integration

You may want to add a note on your plugin description that it only works for DragonBones JSON export dataversion 4.0. For 4.5 and 5.0, the debug mode says armature not found.

2. Jeremiah Eastman

Jeremiah Eastman Gladiator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT:

I fixed the issue with Yanfly's Difficlulty Slider plugin if anyone wants to get rid of the crash it causes when pressing right on an options screen. There was a period missing from a line of code that was causing the crash. If anyone using the plugin wants to fix the crash I'll post the code that needs to be changed in the difficulty slider plugin.

Open up the plugin and search for:

Yanfly.DSlider.Window_Options_cursorRight =
    Window_Options.prototype.cursorRight;
    Window_Options.prototype.cursorRight = function(wrap) {
    var index = this.index();
    var symbol = this.commandSymbol(index);
    if (symbol === 'difficultySlider') {
    var value = this.getConfigValue(symbol);
    value += Yanfly.Param.DSliderChange;
    value = value.clamp(Yanfly.Param.DSliderMinDif,
    Yanfly.Param.DSliderMaxDif);
    this.changeValue(symbol, value);
    } else {
    Yanfly.DSlider.Window_Options_cursorRight.call(this, wrap);
    }
    };

Paste this code over the existing code and it will stop the crash from happening.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    RK DracoRoy likes this.
  3. RK DracoRoy

RK DracoRoy Fire Emblem RPG Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That was the one thing I was confused and on to about, when I was testing plug-ins after that happen. I'll be more than happy to apply this change in and use it once more.

And say, have you tested Yanfly's Ext_DoT plug-in? If you have a poisoned actor in the map and you walk around, a console log pops up. But in battle, the error doesn't happen at all. Trust me, I have the right notetags applied and they work perfectly in battle, but for some reason on the map, they'll display a console log when damage is applied from any DoT state (poison, etc.).

4. Pinrri

Pinrri Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Plugin Name: YEP_X_SelectionControl and YEP_RowFormation (But it involves the YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_BattleEngineCore, and YEP_TargetCore.

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes.

Plugin Parameter Changes: In YEP_X_SelectionControl "Actor or Enemy" to false, "Physical Front Row" to true and "Physical Weapon Range" to false

Bug Explanation: I have changed the parameters of YEP_SelectionControl so that single target physical skills can only target the front row.

If you use a physical skill that has the note <Enemy or Actor Select> does not take into account in which row is the target and allows to attack even if it is not in the front row.

The bug also reproduces if you use the notetag <Single or Multiple Select> allows to target in single target to the objectives of second row, when I think that the optimum would allow to target to all the enemies or in single target only to those of the Front row

I created 2 identical skills like attack (Physical Test and Multi Physical Test) with the modification that "Physical Test" has the notetag <Enemy or Actor Select> and "Multi Physical Test" has <Single or Multiple Select> and <Enemy or Actor Select>.

Attack allows you to only target the enemies in the first row. (But you can not attack your allies)

Physical Test allows you to attack all targets without taking into account the ranks, when it should allow to attack only your allies and enemies of the first row.

Multi Physical Test allows you to attack all targets without taking into account the ranks and attack all enemies or allies, when imho should allow you to target all allies, all enemies or single target only enemies of the first row.

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Just open the project and start a battle in the battle test, or start the game and trigger the slime-shaped event for a battle to appear.

In the battle Harold has the 3 skills that are involved in the bug, "Attack" "Physical Test" and "Multi Physical Test" to test the bug, from there can be seen as not allowing well target.

You can also see the notetags of the skills from the corresponding skill to check that everything is correct.

Upload the sample project and share the link (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): https://www.mediafire.com/file/220dbedw66ymc58/SelectionControlRowsBug.rar

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. DragaX

DragaX Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: YEP_HitAccuracy

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question?
    Yes
    Plugin Parameter Changes: None

Bug Explanation: It's a visual bug at sideview battles. The evade animation isn't showing up when you evade an attack.

A Sample Project Reproducing the bug: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lx7q0dfu2xss2bo/Sample.zip

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: Evading an attack at sideview battles.

Did you recreate the bug on the sample project? Yes

6. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to copy doodads from one map to another? I need 2 exactly similar maps, and I rely heavily on doodads, but when I copy maps the copy doesn't get any doodads! What do I do?

7. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @DarkEspeon - You need to open doodads.js file. In here you'll find a huge amount of bracketed codes. One for each map. You simply have to count down the codes to the map number you looking for and than paste it in the position of the copy map.

For example you want to copy map 2 and use it for a new map, map 15.
    You open doodads.js, find the code block for map 2 and copy the block.
    Scroll down to the 15th section (if there is one) delete that and paste the code from map 2 there.

8. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I honestly don't think I understand. I mean, I probably do. But here's the problem: there are 8 nulls (which I suppose mean map IDs), but my map with ID#008 actually has a lot of doodads. And I don't understand why it's null...
    upload_2017-8-19_21-19-20.png
    The other problem is: I have over 25 maps now, and while that's not much - all these maps are FORESTS. Yes, you heard right. I used doodads to make forests. It's why I currently have this:
    upload_2017-8-19_21-22-10.png
    Sssssooooo... This is definitely not an option for me at least. It certainly would be much easier if I could collapse the brackets, but Sublime won't let me do this. And collapsing every single braces when I have over 250 on each map is tedious. :ysad:

9. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @DarkEspeon - Visual Studio code is much better than Sublime Text for this. You are collapsing too much, you need to look carefully at your brackets and collapse the outer ones for each map. See where each map starts and close only that bracket. You're looking for square brackets not curly braces. You should only have to collapse 25 sets of square brackets.

Your first image is not showing, can you upload again.

https://code.visualstudio.com/

testy.PNG
    As you can see from the image I comment each of my maps so it makes copying and pasting easier. My dooads.json file is 130,000 lines of code, some of my maps have 1000+ doodads.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  10. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's just a big image, maybe it's taking a while for you?
    Anyway, the problem with Sublime is that it won't LET me collapse brackets, only braces. I'll try opening .json files in VS then, I have it installed, just takes a while to load.
    What about the first nulls? Why are there 8 nulls in my .json file, and then doodads begin, while The first map ID that uses doodads is #008, and not #009?

11. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    testy.PNG
    Sorry mate, my mistake in the naming just realised I have two number 32's in there.
    where I have map 2 displayed should read map 1. I don't know why the first one is a blank null. For example in my game map 1 in my game has doodads (listed as map 2 there), map 2 in my game has no doodads (listed as map 3 there)

The first one is for a set of square brackets that all the other maps go in.

Also, its important once you get that sorted that you don't just copy and paste the doodads to a new map in a blank area.

If you are putting them in a new map, create the map and add a single doodads in the editor. Exit the editor completely, than copy and past the map number doodads you want to the new map brackets the plugin creates.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  12. liply

liply Villager Member

First Language:
    Japanese
  13. Omega Five

Omega Five Advanced Meember Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    @Yanfly I'm on 1.5.0, and the Grid Doodads plugin doesn't work. When I press F10, nothing appears, and I can't even move the character around.

Please fix this issue.

14. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

question for people who use grid-free doodads:

When you make a map, do you first put down the regions of where you don't want the player to walk, and then map on top of that? I tend to map creatively as I go, adding trees and cliffs and whatnot as the whole "picture" comes to life, but I find it tedious to have to go back to the main editor and add region restrictions for all of the non-passable terrain I've put down in the doodad editor. Any tips would be appreciated.

15. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Both. First I draw map's boundaries and use doodads on it. Then I add doodads for the walkable part and change the regions for it.

16. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Theres an ingame mapshot plugin that exports doodads. Works for some not for others but if it works for you, you can import the mapshot as a parrallax and you'll be able to put down your regions easily, than simply redraw the tileset.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...t-your-full-size-maps-1-1-as-png-files.49684/

17. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I second this, met same problem.

18. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When using doodads, region overlay shows regions only on the upper part of the map, and doesn't show anything in the lower part. Has anyone had a similar problem with doodads?
    This is what I'm supposed to see:
    upload_2017-8-22_19-38-39.png
    This is what I see:
    upload_2017-8-22_19-38-55.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  19. unknownnumber

unknownnumber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    The link to the proper sub-forum for requests in the starting post does not work, so I would like to make a request here / ask, if something like that is already possible:

I would like to set a certain tile (fence) to appear behind and in front of the character, depending on where the character is standing. I already made a thread about that and people suggested Vicor Engine's Tile Priority and it works.
    I would rather use Yanfly tho, because some things I want to have are not possible with Victor Engine.

Is something like that possible with Yanfly?

20. Jeremiah Eastman

Jeremiah Eastman Gladiator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: More Status Menu Pages

Do you have all the latest updates for the plugins in question? Yes.

Plugin Parameter Changes: No changes other than adding the MorePages part to the Status Menu Core parameters.

Bug Explanation: When pressing page up or page down while on a page added with this plugin the game crashes. This does not happen if the new page is the first page on the list however.

Are you a coder who understands the problem in code as to why this bug is caused? No I am not but some coders in a different thread here seemed to understand the issue. I'll post a link to that page in case it helps.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/cannot-read-property-length-of-undefined-yanfly-morestatuspages.83017/#post-767596

Link to sample project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0kzswjpqrzu4o0/BugReportProject.zip?dl=0

Error given:
    upload_2017-8-22_13-25-56.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.