Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Is there any way i can make the actors not going back to home position after a skill? Specially after an instant skill. I've tried using my own 'finish action' sequence and removed the perform finish line, but my actor still return to home position.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well when your in battle, it'd be nice if the party change, only let you change the current Party Member (like whoever's turn it is) instead of being able to change the entire team.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hello!

Is there any way i can make the actors not going back to home position after a skill? Specially after an instant skill. I've tried using my own 'finish action' sequence and removed the perform finish line, but my actor still return to home position.
Yes you can.

You'd need the following action sequence for the skills you don't want them returning back to home position for:

<Finish Action>Immortal: targets, falseWait for New LineClear Battle LogAction Common Event</Finish Action> 

Well when your in battle, it'd be nice if the party change, only let you change the current Party Member (like whoever's turn it is) instead of being able to change the entire team.

Ooh, like instant swapping? I was thinking about doing something like that as a miniature plugin extension. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When you force an action mid-way through the the sequence, immortality settings don't get reset (intended). However, what you're attempting to do is a bit complicated to be achieving from the After Eval effect.

Instead, use the after eval to set the target index. $gameVariables.setValue(1, target.index()); Afterwards, run a common event to force the action instead. What you're doing is forcing the action sequence to occur mid-effect. Since the original action sequence hasn't been fully finalized, you end up causing the remainder of the effects to go unfinished too.
Ah ha! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there Yanfly. I came across a bug in the Message Core. I made a thread about it here, but since updating to the latest version, the bug has changed a little.

Plugin Name: YEP_MessageCore v 1.06
Error: Upon changing default rows to more than 4, sequential messages are combined into one text box. If you toss anything in between the messages (like a 1 frame wait), it will work like normal. Otherwise, all consecutive messages will combine into one. Here is a screenshot of the bug in action. As you can see, those are three separate text commands, but it is only taking the name box from the last text box and it's putting the contents of all three commands into one text box.
How to replicate bug: This only seems to happen when I increase the default row setting in the plugin options. If I set that option to 4 or below, I don't experience the issue. Since I'm using a larger font size, increasing the number of lines is pretty important. (Tried changing font size back to default 28 and keeping rows at 6 and the bug still happens, so the larger font doesn't seem to be the cause). Here are all of my settings for MessageCore.

As a side note, I've also been curious about this graphical bug in the name box. If I use a larger font size, it cuts off the bottoms of the letters. Seems to occur no matter what font I use as long as the size is somewhat bigger than the default. I've been getting around this by prefixing my name box info with \fs[28] but the size difference looks rather inconsistent. This isn't related to the bug posted above, but it's also in MessageCore so I figured I'd bring it up. Seems we need a way to increase the vertical height of the name box.

Let me know if you need any clarification on anything. Message Core is my favorite plugin so I want to help improve it in any way that I can! Thanks.

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Removing the state, not quite, but what you can do is use Lunatic Mode's conditional passives to check if a skill is learned and have it turned off. :)
I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, I tried to make my Mantra-like skill by setuping a cooldown eval:

<Cooldown Eval>cooldown = 10;cooldown += $gameVariables.value(50);</Cooldown Eval>Every skill from that class will decrease -1 from that variable (making the variable negative, and decreasing the cooldown).

Also, when used, Mantra will set variable 50 to 0 ($gameVariables.setValue(50,0) ;)

Ok, but it didn't work <_<

The eval cooldown does not work 

<_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hey there Yanfly. I came across a bug in the Message Core. I made a thread about it here, but since updating to the latest version, the bug has changed a little.

Plugin Name: YEP_MessageCore v 1.06

Error: Upon changing default rows to more than 4, sequential messages are combined into one text box. If you toss anything in between the messages (like a 1 frame wait), it will work like normal. Otherwise, all consecutive messages will combine into one. Here is a screenshot of the bug in action. As you can see, those are three separate text commands, but it is only taking the name box from the last text box and it's putting the contents of all three commands into one text box.

How to replicate bug: This only seems to happen when I increase the default row setting in the plugin options. If I set that option to 4 or below, I don't experience the issue. Since I'm using a larger font size, increasing the number of lines is pretty important. (Tried changing font size back to default 28 and keeping rows at 6 and the bug still happens, so the larger font doesn't seem to be the cause). Here are all of my settings for MessageCore.

As a side note, I've also been curious about this graphical bug in the name box. If I use a larger font size, it cuts off the bottoms of the letters. Seems to occur no matter what font I use as long as the size is somewhat bigger than the default. I've been getting around this by prefixing my name box info with \fs[28] but the size difference looks rather inconsistent. This isn't related to the bug posted above, but it's also in MessageCore so I figured I'd bring it up. Seems we need a way to increase the vertical height of the name box.

Let me know if you need any clarification on anything. Message Core is my favorite plugin so I want to help improve it in any way that I can! Thanks.
Message melding is intended for settings set above 4. This is because the editor does not allow me to edit the number of rows a message entry allows.

However, you're using the message row increase for the wrong reason especially if you do not intend to use more than 4 rows for displaying messages. What you should be looking to do, is use the Core Engine plugin and change the Line Height value from 38 to fit whatever your larger font entails.

As for the namebox window size, I'll have to make modifications to allow changing the size of it.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.
<Custom Passive Condition>

condition = user.isLearnedSkill(skillId)

</Custom Passive Condition>

Yanfly, I tried to make my Mantra-like skill by setuping a cooldown eval:

<Cooldown Eval>cooldown = 10;cooldown += $gameVariables.value(50);</Cooldown Eval>Every skill from that class will decrease -1 from that variable (making the variable negative, and decreasing the cooldown).

Also, when used, Mantra will set variable 50 to 0 ($gameVariables.setValue(50,0) ;)

Ok, but it didn't work <_<

The eval cooldown does not work 

<_<
A couple questions.

1. Where are you putting this notetag?

2. Are you getting 10 cooldown at least?

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Yanfly, but it's still not doing what I need it to do.

there 5 states, each one increases Pharmacology. when you learn the next "rank" of the skill, the states are stacking, and not "turning off/removing" the previous state. End result is 249% Pharmacology, instead of the 150% that I am after. 

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've maybe found a bug with the ClassChangeCore/Subclass plugin, unless it is a wanted feature.

Actors gain accsess to all the skills of the classes/subclasses no matter if they currently equipped that class or not.

To avoid it, one can give every class specific skilltypes.

Tested in a completely blank project with only "CoreEngine" and "ClassChangeCore" (+"Subclasses").

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've maybe found a bug with the ClassChangeCore/Subclass plugin, unless it is a wanted feature.

Actors gain accsess to all the skills of the classes/subclasses no matter if they currently equipped that class or not.

Tested in a completely blank project with only "CoreEngine" and "ClassChangeCore" (+"Subclasses").
It is meant to be like that, i believe. I initially wanted to request a feature to prevent creation of tons of skilltypes. You can use 'require class' tag from the Subclasses plug-in.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Yanfly, but it's still not doing what I need it to do.

there 5 states, each one increases Pharmacology. when you learn the next "rank" of the skill, the states are stacking, and not "turning off/removing" the previous state. End result is 249% Pharmacology, instead of the 150% that I am after. 
Seeing as how you're just making this more complicated than it needs to be, I'm going to have to ask for you to unlearn the previous passives as you increase or conform to existing methods to detect if you want a passive state to be active or not. You can look inside the help file. I've included various options to turn a state ON and OFF. If you can't use those, then, I'm afraid my plugin doesn't have what you want to do.

Tested in a completely blank project with only "CoreEngine" and "ClassChangeCore" (+"Subclasses").
This isn't a bug. Under the pretense that you aren't using Class Change Core or any plugins for that matter, should you learn a skill with a matching skill type, switch over to another class via MV's event editor that also uses that skill type, the skill is retained there and isn't removed. If you don't want this to happen and make certain skills exclusive to certain classes, you'll have to make unique skill types for them.

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok, thanks for clarification, as I said, I already gave them different skilltypes, just wanted to inform if it wasn't intended to be that way  ;)

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you again for another week of amazing plug-ins and hard work! I'm really glad to see the Battle status window core win this week. I really wanted to get a window that showed faces for the actors. If I may be so bold, can I request it work like the previous one did in first person, and if possible, can you make it compatible for a six person party?

All plug-ins in the poll get selected, because they are all highly desired, but if I had to order them from most wanted to least, It would go like this:

Enhanced TP, Steal and Snatch, Buff and States Core, Gab Window, Extra Enemy Drops, Limited Skill Uses, Absorption Barrier, Weapon Unleash, Party Limit Gauge,  Button Common Events.

Again, thank you so much for your help and support of the RPG Maker Community. I am proud to help support your work, and look forward to what you release in the future. :D

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Thank you again for another week of amazing plug-ins and hard work! I'm really glad to see the Battle status window core win this week. I really wanted to get a window that showed faces for the actors. If I may be so bold, can I request it work like the previous one did in first person, and if possible, can you make it compatible for a six person party?

All plug-ins in the poll get selected, because they are all highly desired, but if I had to order them from most wanted to least, It would go like this:

Enhanced TP, Steal and Snatch, Buff and States Core, Gab Window, Extra Enemy Drops, Limited Skill Uses, Absorption Barrier, Weapon Unleash, Party Limit Gauge,  Button Common Events.

Again, thank you so much for your help and support of the RPG Maker Community. I am proud to help support your work, and look forward to what you release in the future. :D
The size of status window will comply with whatever you set as the max battle member amount. :)

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am so happy about the battle status window winning! Wooop wooop! No more boring battle interface ftw!

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
A couple questions.

1. Where are you putting this notetag?

2. Are you getting 10 cooldown at least?
1. In Mantra Skills (the specific skill I want to lower cooldown with other skills)

2. And no, I'm not :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli