It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, is the Job Point note tag for skills & items:

<JP Gain: x>Supposed to only award JP when used in battle?

edit:

This is my work around for now.

15_1130_jobPoints_1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
1. In Mantra Skills (the specific skill I want to lower cooldown with other skills)

2. And no, I'm not :/
Hmmm, I'm unable to test it right now (since I'm still at work) but see if this change works:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js

Yanfly, is the Job Point note tag for skills & items:

<JP Gain: x>Supposed to only award JP when used in battle?

edit:

This is my work around for now.

15_1130_jobPoints_1.PNG
Yeah, it's only in battle. Though, if you use actor.setJp(value, classId), it will set it exactly to that amount rather than adding on whatever value it had before unless that's your intention. If not, use actor.gainJp(value, classId) instead. :D

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oops... Damn my dyslexia is a never ending battle... I could have sworn I used gainJP and not setJP... hah!

Thanks!

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
God, please let us have Gab Window, enough of battle related plugins, RPG isnt only about battles.

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Message melding is intended for settings set above 4. This is because the editor does not allow me to edit the number of rows a message entry allows.

However, you're using the message row increase for the wrong reason especially if you do not intend to use more than 4 rows for displaying messages. What you should be looking to do, is use the Core Engine plugin and change the Line Height value from 38 to fit whatever your larger font entails.

As for the namebox window size, I'll have to make modifications to allow changing the size of it.
You're the best, Yanfly! I was deadset on controlling all of this in Message Core and didn't even think about changing something in another plugin. It seems I was using the row for the wrong reason, as all I wanted to do was make 4 rows fit using my bigger font. So I changed the rows back to 4 and changed that Core Engine Line Height to 52 and now it's behaving exactly like I wanted. Thank you!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. Is it possible to set maximum parameters to certain classes?

Example:

Using your Stat Upgrade Tips&Trick to upgrade parameters.

A warrior has 500 maximum attack.

A magician has only 200 maximum attack.

So once the cap is reaches they can no longer use the upgrade of that specific stat?

Is this possible?

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hmm. Is it possible to set maximum parameters to certain classes?

Example:

Using your Stat Upgrade Tips&Trick to upgrade parameters.

A warrior has 500 maximum attack.

A magician has only 200 maximum attack.

So once the cap is reaches they can no longer use the upgrade of that specific stat?

Is this possible?
Not with the current implementation of my plugins. This isn't hard to do, I'll need to find the time to do it.

All skills are not lowering cooldown anymore (even with the <Cooldown: X> tag)

They're working for me as intended.

Can you reproduce this problem on an empty project and then upload it online (do not deploy it) and link it here?

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
With the Atb the cooldowns work in a strange way (I suppose because there's the atb turn formula to determine the time of turn).
How I can set Full Turn like normal vanilla turn without atb, that is the turn finish when all actors perform what selected?
It's usefull also for the battle event, states, buffs, ect.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
With the Atb the cooldowns work in a strange way (I suppose because there's the atb turn formula to determine the time of turn).

How I can set Full Turn like normal vanilla turn without atb, that is the turn finish when all actors perform what selected?

It's usefull also for the battle event, states, buffs, ect.
There's a setting in the updated Cooldowns plugin where you can change it to time based or not. Set it to false and it'll be like Vanilla, where it's updating only once per actor turn. :)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The class plugins are near the top with the rest of the plug-ins, but they're doing some really freaky stuff like everyone's countering and healing the enemy. I think I'd need to send you the project since it's kind of difficult to explain other than only happening with the class plugins.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
The class plugins are near the top with the rest of the plug-ins, but they're doing some really freaky stuff like everyone's countering and healing the enemy. I think I'd need to send you the project since it's kind of difficult to explain other than only happening with the class plugins.
Sure, send it my way.

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
There's a setting in the updated Cooldowns plugin where you can change it to time based or not. Set it to false and it'll be like Vanilla, where it's updating only once per actor turn. :)
Thanks for your patience, Yanfly! :)

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
I recently made a skill that turns the character into a bat and changes their skill set until they are cured. It works perfectly except for one thing. If you try to access the skills menu (I have your skill learning engine). It crashes and says : Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined.

here is what the log thing looks like

/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1092 0rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at new Window_SkillLearnClass (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:827) at Scene_Skill.createSkillLearnClassWindow (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1278) at Scene_Skill.create (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1210) at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:107) at Function.SceneManager.update (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:86)Do I maybe need to make the bat into a class or is there some other way to take care of it?

Thank you in advance :)

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I recently made a skill that turns the character into a bat and changes their skill set until they are cured. It works perfectly except for one thing. If you try to access the skills menu (I have your skill learning engine). It crashes and says : Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined.

here is what the log thing looks like

/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1092 0rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at new Window_SkillLearnClass (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:827) at Scene_Skill.createSkillLearnClassWindow (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1278) at Scene_Skill.create (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1210) at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:107) at Function.SceneManager.update (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:86)Do I maybe need to make the bat into a class or is there some other way to take care of it?

Thank you in advance :)
It seems your version of Skill Learn System is outdated. Can you download these updates found here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

And see if the error still persists?

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
I could have sworn I updated it today in the morning lol.

Anyway, I just updated it and the same problem, although different log.

/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1092 0rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at new Window_SkillLearnClass (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:831) at Scene_Skill.createSkillLearnClassWindow (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1282) at Scene_Skill.create (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1214) at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:107) at Function.SceneManager.update (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:86)Just for clarification. The state I made is linked to a common event where I remove all class related abilities and replace them with bat skills. (I seal the class skills and add the bat skill type to)

Edit: I just tested keeping the skills but still sealed the skill type. Same error.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
God, please let us have Gab Window, enough of battle related plugins, RPG isnt only about battles.
i'm with you bro...

i always vote for gab window. but apparently it's outshined by all those battle related plugins :D .

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I could have sworn I updated it today in the morning lol.

Anyway, I just updated it and the same problem, although different log.

/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_ItemCore.js:1092 0rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined at new Window_SkillLearnClass (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:831) at Scene_Skill.createSkillLearnClassWindow (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1282) at Scene_Skill.create (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1214) at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1654) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:107) at Function.SceneManager.update (/C:/Users/Myst%20Desdemona/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:86)Just for clarification. The state I made is linked to a common event where I remove all class related abilities and replace them with bat skills. (I seal the class skills and add the bat skill type to)

Edit: I just tested keeping the skills but still sealed the skill type. Same error.
Do you have Class Change Core installed? And what order are the plugins in?

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
They're working for me as intended.

Can you reproduce this problem on an empty project and then upload it online (do not deploy it) and link it here?
I deleted the plugin and then downloaded again. The cooldowns are working now, decreasing by turn...

But I still don't know how to make my eval work :(

<Cooldown Eval>cooldown = 10;cooldown += $gameVariables.value(50);</Cooldown Eval>The skill enters in a 10 turns cooldown but the cooldown does not change according the variable. I tried to put v[50]-=1 in formula box, tried to link a skill with a common event (and there add -1 in variable 50)... but does not change :(

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Do you have Class Change Core installed? And what order are the plugins in?
I did a very stupid mistake. When I updated the plugins earlier, the class change core ended up in the wrong place. I put it back under the Core engine and it's not crashing anymore.

Thank you for your patience and for all the plugins you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli