Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I deleted the plugin and then downloaded again. The cooldowns are working now, decreasing by turn...

But I still don't know how to make my eval work :(

<Cooldown Eval>cooldown = 10;cooldown += $gameVariables.value(50);</Cooldown Eval>The skill enters in a 10 turns cooldown but the cooldown does not change according the variable. I tried to put v[50]-=1 in formula box, tried to link a skill with a common event (and there add -1 in variable 50)... but does not change :(
Cooldowns are applied at the start of a skill's usage. Therefore, any changes you do to it, won't actually show up on the next cast. Use this to accomplish what you need.

<Cooldown Eval>

cooldown = 10;

var x = 5;

$gameVariables.setValue(1, x)

cooldown -= $gameVariables.value(1);

</Cooldown Eval>

I did a very stupid mistake. When I updated the plugins earlier, the class change core ended up in the wrong place. I put it back under the Core engine and it's not crashing anymore.

Thank you for your patience and for all the plugins you make.
Hooray!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel a little silly for asking this, but what exactly will the Battle Status plugin do? Is it going to be a remake of the look of your VXace battle system or will it be something completely different? I looked through the topic and wasn't able to find an explanation of it, and the explanation you give in the last voting video was a bit vague. 

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make the user of a healing Item move to the target of the Healing Item, but no matter what I do all the user does is spins in place really fast once or twice and then uses the item and the battle continues.  What am I doing wrong?

The Help file is confusing...  though I have managed to interpret it a little bit, there is still a crap load of other stuff that makes no sense to me.

Here is the Notetag I'm using for my "Potion" Item:

<setup action>

CAMERA FOCUS: user, CENTER

ZOOM: 150%, 30

wait for zoom

wait for camera

display action

</setup action>

<target action>

move user:targets, front center, 40

wait for movement

motion item: user

wait: 5

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

<finish action>

move user: home

wait for movement

face user: forward

reset zoom

wait for zoom

</finish action>
 The camera portion does exactly what it's meant to do, but that's it...  everything else doesn't seem to do anything except the action effect and animation.  Help?

If this is not in the right place can some one point me in the right direction.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead of making different skill types, is there a way to hide unusable skills (by class) instead of greying them out?

Let's say Pyromancer and Cyromancer share same skill type "spells". I've tried using <Require Class: x>. It does restrict Pyromancer from using Cyromancer spells, but they still show (and greyed out). Would be great if the skills can be hidden if the skills do not meet the class requirement. Any way to do this? :)

Prizm Daystar

Social Butt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Instead of making different skill types, is there a way to hide unusable skills (by class) instead of greying them out?

Let's say Pyromancer and Cyromancer share same skill type "spells". I've tried using <Require Class: x>. It does restrict Pyromancer from using Cyromancer spells, but they still show (and greyed out). Would be great if the skills can be hidden if the skills do not meet the class requirement. Any way to do this? :)
Shouldn't you be using a specific array of which skills belong to which class in the notes, then?  like <Learn Skill: x to y> or <Learn Skill: x, x, x, etc...> ?  Just seems simpler to do than making a class requirement.  Or are you trying to hide them in the instance of doing a class change?

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldn't you be using a specific array of which skills belong to which class in the notes, then? like <Learn Skill: x to y> or <Learn Skill: x, x, x, etc...> ? Just seems simpler to do than making a class requirement. Or are you trying to hide them in the instance of doing a class change?
In my example, Pyromancer and Cyromancer share the same skilltype called 'Nature Magic'. When an actor have access to both classes, and is on Pyromancer as his/her class, he/she can use all learned 'Nature Magic', including Cyromancer's. So i think it would great if Cyromancer's skills can be hidden for the actor as Pyromancer. Sure creating different skilltypes can easily solve this, but it gets tidious when you have more classes and trying to create 'shared skills' under same skilltype. Using the class requirement does disable the skill, but when you have lots of skills from both classes (or more, Geomancer?) on one actor, the list gets long with lots of unusable skills.

I hope i dont cause any confusion here. Heh.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
problem solved, ty

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I feel a little silly for asking this, but what exactly will the Battle Status plugin do? Is it going to be a remake of the look of your VXace battle system or will it be something completely different? I looked through the topic and wasn't able to find an explanation of it, and the explanation you give in the last voting video was a bit vague. 
It'll replicate my VX Ace Battle System look for the battle status window. :)

I'm trying to make the user of a healing Item move to the target of the Healing Item, but no matter what I do all the user does is spins in place really fast once or twice and then uses the item and the battle continues.  What am I doing wrong?

The Help file is confusing...  though I have managed to interpret it a little bit, there is still a crap load of other stuff that makes no sense to me.

Here is the Notetag I'm using for my "Potion" Item:

The camera portion does exactly what it's meant to do, but that's it...  everything else doesn't seem to do anything except the action effect and animation.  Help?

If this is not in the right place can some one point me in the right direction.
For the action sequences you'll want to take it to the support thread here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/

In my example, Pyromancer and Cyromancer share the same skilltype called 'Nature Magic'. When an actor have access to both classes, and is on Pyromancer as his/her class, he/she can use all learned 'Nature Magic', including Cyromancer's. So i think it would great if Cyromancer's skills can be hidden for the actor as Pyromancer. Sure creating different skilltypes can easily solve this, but it gets tidious when you have more classes and trying to create 'shared skills' under same skilltype. Using the class requirement does disable the skill, but when you have lots of skills from both classes (or more, Geomancer?) on one actor, the list gets long with lots of unusable skills.

I hope i dont cause any confusion here. Heh.
If you have the updated Skill Core, you can use the <Custom Show Eval> lunatic notetag to achieve it.

Code:
<Custom Show Eval>if (user._classId === 1) {  visible = true;} else if (user._subclassId === 2) {  visible = true;} else {  visible = false;}</Custom Show Eval>

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have the updated Skill Core, you can use the <Custom Show Eval> lunatic notetag to achieve it.

<Custom Show Eval>if (user._classId === 1) { visible = true;} else if (user._subclassId === 2) { visible = true;} else { visible = false;}</Custom Show Eval>
Ah, i'll give it a try. Cheers!

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
I was wondering if this could be possible to do. I was testing more with the transformation thing, everything works great. There was one minor thing that isn't really that inconvenient but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If  a character is set to use a skill and then is transformed and the skill is forgotten/sealed, they would still use it for that turn anyway. I'm using your atb system.

Is there a way to make the game say :But it failed! (Like using splash in pokemon or something like that) Or simply having the move cancelled.

Once again, sorry if this was asked before.

On a side note, I hope the gab window wins next round :p

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Stop Map Movement

Features and How to Use

A feature that was removed from RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003 was the Stop Event Movement event. This event prevented events from automatically moving by themselves, so they don’t intrude on cutscenes, catch up to the player during messages, etc.

This plugin recreates that feature in the form of a plugin command for you to use with RPG Maker MV!

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/01/yep-35-stop-map-movement/

Instructions

Introduction

A feature that was removed from RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003 was the Stop Event Movement event. This event prevented events from automatically moving by themselves, so they don’t intrude on cutscenes, catch up to the player during messages, etc.

This plugin recreates that feature in the form of a plugin command for you to use with RPG Maker MV!

Plugin Commands

You can use the following plugin commands to produce the following effects:

Plugin Command

StopEventMovement
Stops events from automatically moving by themselves. You can still move events through movement routes set by your active event.

AllowEventMovement
Allows events to move automatically by themselves again. If you have any of the plugin parameters disabling events from moving during either events or messages, this will not bypass it.

StopPlayerMovement
Stops player from being able to move via input. You can still move the player through movement routes set by your active event.

AllowPlayerMovement
Allows player to move again via input.

Happy RPG Making!

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering if this could be possible to do. I was testing more with the transformation thing, everything works great. There was one minor thing that isn't really that inconvenient but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If  a character is set to use a skill and then is transformed and the skill is forgotten/sealed, they would still use it for that turn anyway. I'm using your atb system.

Is there a way to make the game say :But it failed! (Like using splash in pokemon or something like that) Or simply having the move cancelled.

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out when I get home.

Yuudai

Burritoman!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Yay finally!

now I don't have to worry about npcs walking into my cutscene anymore! :p

thanks yanfly!

Also:

mhh...I see

is it possible to create a shop scene charging JP instead of gold?

thats what I want *_*

Hmmm, that might actually be something worthy of a Plugin idea.  :o

whenever I refresh yanfly.moe I hope to see the custom JP shop scene plugin its too intense  :o   :dizzy:

I hope it will make it through like some of your other bonus plugins  :p

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stop Map Movement

Features and How to Use

A feature that was removed from RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003 was the Stop Event Movement event. This event prevented events from automatically moving by themselves, so they don’t intrude on cutscenes, catch up to the player during messages, etc.

This plugin recreates that feature in the form of a plugin command for you to use with RPG Maker MV!

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/01/yep-35-stop-map-movement/

Instructions

Introduction

A feature that was removed from RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003 was the Stop Event Movement event. This event prevented events from automatically moving by themselves, so they don’t intrude on cutscenes, catch up to the player during messages, etc.

This plugin recreates that feature in the form of a plugin command for you to use with RPG Maker MV!

Plugin Commands

You can use the following plugin commands to produce the following effects:

Plugin Command

StopEventMovement

Stops events from automatically moving by themselves. You can still move events through movement routes set by your active event.

AllowEventMovement

Allows events to move automatically by themselves again. If you have any of the plugin parameters disabling events from moving during either events or messages, this will not bypass it.

StopPlayerMovement

Stops player from being able to move via input. You can still move the player through movement routes set by your active event.

AllowPlayerMovement

Allows player to move again via input.

Happy RPG Making!
Oh, thank you for this plugin! :D

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score

Got this fixed with the newest updates! http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

:D

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Got this fixed with the newest updates! http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

:D
Thank you Yanfly :)

There was another thing. I'm not sure if it is your plugin though.

Basically, when I access the formation menu (your plugin) and then get back to the battle, the music will change. This is fine normally except for boss fights were I have a designated theme. Could it maybe be set to hold whatever song was playing before accessing the formation menu?

I'm using Karberus' randomBGM.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Huh? The song shouldn't change when shifting into the menus.

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Huh? The song shouldn't change when shifting into the menus.
Just in battle I mean.

I'll try to explain better.

Let's say I start a boss fight with a pre-selected Boss Battle theme 1.

During the battle, I access the formation menu.

The song is still the same by this point. When I'm done with the formation and press finish or the back button. It will fade to black and then another normal battle song would randomly be selected.

I hope that's easier to understand. Otherwise I guess it's the randomizer plugin's fault in this case:` :)

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Just in battle I mean.

I'll try to explain better.

Let's say I start a boss fight with a pre-selected Boss Battle theme 1.

During the battle, I access the formation menu.

The song is still the same by this point. When I'm done with the formation and press finish or the back button. It will fade to black and then another normal battle song would randomly be selected.

I hope that's easier to understand. Otherwise I guess it's the randomizer plugin's fault in this case:` :)
I'm not sure if this would fix it (don't have the respective plugin that's altering it), but depending on how it's layed out in the plugin list, this should make it work: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_PartySystem.js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
Came up with a good name for something. Checked on internet - device trademark filed in India 2017. Back to the drawing board.
I want to see the Features of the new RPG Maker.. NOW!!
Can't wait for it!
KDS
Check out some gameplay of a game iam working on :)
Me : "Wearing glasses is annoying."
*put out glasses*
Also me : "Keep mistaking 0, 6 and 8."
oh god, a new version of RPG Maker is coming soon already....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DCHang