CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Boom!

Now the Status Menu is pretty cool <3. Thanks, Yanfly!

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Currently, it's the most likely candidate winner for the most recent plugin poll: http://strawpoll.me/6133888/r

So it'll be made soon. :)

Now that's really cool! Looks very flexible too! When do you plan on releasing it? :D
all the plugins on my site have been released :) but i did make topic here but well it takes forever to be approved

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Yanfly, I'm running into a pretty strange bug that's breaking my game at the moment. Simply put, Force Action and/or Action Sequence is reducing State duration of all enemies to be reduced by one turn.

1. I made a skill that allows an enemy to give itself a Charge Up state that lasts 2 turns (this turn and the turn after).

2. I have many End Of Turn events that use Force Action.

3. When one Force Action occurs, Charge Up state is reduced for ALL enemies by 1 turn for no reason. Therefore, a Charge Up attack can never be cast when a Force Action occurs at the end of turn 1.

4. Increasing Charge Up state duration by 1 turn (from 2 to 3) allows Charge Up attack to be cast on the next turn correctly.

5. Important: The culprit Force Action uses Action Sequence, but nowhere in any of my events do I reduce a State's turn by one. In fact, I have no idea how to do so.

6. This only concerns Turn End and not Action End.

Right now, my workaround is to use Action End 1 + Remove by Restriction instead of just Turn End 2. Doesn't quite achieve the same effect, but it will have to do for now.  Yanfly, I think your states are really broken. Action End states are not counting down and are attached permanently until removed by restriction (if checked). I'm guessing it's the same problem with Force Action/Action Sequence?

I'm starting to think it's Action Sequence that's causing the problem. Maybe an error on my part, but any idea what would cause this?

Also, latest plugin set, downloaded a few hours ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Currently, it's the most likely candidate winner for the most recent plugin poll: http://strawpoll.me/6133888/r

So it'll be made soon. :)
And then poor little enhanced TP lingers off to the side... OTL*inserts vid of the futurama dog* I WILL WAAAAIT FOR YOOOOU

Also, yee, status menu! How exciting ;w;

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hello Yanfly, I'm running into a pretty strange bug that's breaking my game at the moment. Simply put, Force Action and/or Action Sequence is reducing State duration of all enemies to be reduced by one turn.

1. I made a skill that allows an enemy to give itself a Charge Up state that lasts 2 turns (this turn and the turn after).

2. I have many End Of Turn events that use Force Action.

3. When one Force Action occurs, Charge Up state is reduced for ALL enemies by 1 turn for no reason. Therefore, a Charge Up attack can never be cast when a Force Action occurs at the end of turn 1.

4. Increasing Charge Up state duration by 1 turn (from 2 to 3) allows Charge Up attack to be cast on the next turn correctly.

5. Important: The culprit Force Action uses Action Sequence, but nowhere in any of my events do I reduce a State's turn by one. In fact, I have no idea how to do so.

6. This only concerns Turn End and not Action End.

Right now, my workaround is to use Action End 1 + Remove by Restriction instead of just Turn End 2. Doesn't quite achieve the same effect, but it will have to do for now.  Yanfly, I think your states are really broken. Action End states are not counting down and are attached permanently until removed by restriction (if checked). I'm guessing it's the same problem with Force Action/Action Sequence?

I'm starting to think it's Action Sequence that's causing the problem. Maybe an error on my part, but any idea what would cause this?

Also, latest plugin set, downloaded a few hours ago.
There's been a new battle mechanic change because of the improper naming that MV gave it. By default, states named Action End were actually updated at the start of an action rather than the end of an action. It was something I've written here:

* ============================================================================ * Automatic State Removal Conditions * ============================================================================ * * By default, RPG Maker MV's battle system has automatic state removal under * three different conditions: none, action end, turn end. * * None and Turn End are working as intended. However, Action End, however, had * the states removed at the start of the battler's action rather than the end. * This is changed and updated to occur only at the end of a battler's action. * * Two more automatic conditions are now added: Action Start and Turn Start. * These can be added and implemented using the following notetags: * * State Notetags: * <Action Start: x> * <Action Start: x to y> * This will cause this state to update its turns remaining at the start of * an action. x is the number of turns it will last. If you use x to y, upon * applying the state, the state will be removed a random number of turns * from x to y. * * <Turn Start: x> * <Turn Start: x to y> * This will cause the state to update its turns remaining at the start of a * battle turn. x is the number of turns it will last. If you use x to y, * upon applying the state, the state will be removed a random number of * turns from x to y.Forced Actions will reduce any states using Action End (in the editor) and Action Start (notetag) timings.

However, there was a problem I fixed earlier with the timing of Action End states that was specific to DTB. The fixed version is here: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With Status Menu Core, is there a way to show the percentage of damage or resistance to damage that is given by the Armor Scaling Plugin in Attributes?

For example if an actor has 50 defense, that would give them a damage rate of 80% under armor scaling. Is there a way to show that? I've used PDR but it still shows 100%. This is because I'm assuming that Armor Scaling doesn't affect PDR directly.

More specifically would there be a way to show it as damage resistance/mitigation.. so instead of being a 80% rate being shown, but the inverse, damage being reduced by 20%

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not Yanfly but your Battle A.I. Core script cancels the Action Times + traits in the database. My enemies can only act once per turn even if I have Action Times + 600% when I have your script active. Was this intentional, or just a bug?

By the way thanks for the awesome work you do.

Emmych

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Phew, I finally got a chance to pop open the Status Menu plugin.  Is there actually a way to hide base stats like Defense or Magic?  I'm trying to figure out a way to only display a few stats (namely MHP, TP, ATK, AGI and LUK), but from what I'm reading, I don't think there's a way to customize that with this script.

UNLESS THERE IS and I'm just super missing it, in which case I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!  Thanks again for all the awesome scripts and support, I really appreciate it. ;w;

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Its not a crash bug or anything, but I wanted to mention it...

ItemCore:

* Change Equipment: * If the target equipment is independent, the game will first check to see * if the actor has an item equipped with the matching base item. If not, the * game will then check to see if the party has a matching base item in the * inventory first and use that. If not, then the game will create a new stock * version of the item and equip that to the actor.(Party not having the euqip first... doesn't work)

15_1204b.PNG

(This works)

15_1204a.PNG

Note: The equip is flagged as:

Code:
<Not Independent item>

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
With Status Menu Core, is there a way to show the percentage of damage or resistance to damage that is given by the Armor Scaling Plugin in Attributes?

For example if an actor has 50 defense, that would give them a damage rate of 80% under armor scaling. Is there a way to show that? I've used PDR but it still shows 100%. This is because I'm assuming that Armor Scaling doesn't affect PDR directly.

More specifically would there be a way to show it as damage resistance/mitigation.. so instead of being a 80% rate being shown, but the inverse, damage being reduced by 20%
Yeah, armor scaling is its own formula. I'm going to making an extension plugin later on that allows the addition of extra attributes added through my plugins. I'm keeping the core bare bones for now. :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not Yanfly but your Battle A.I. Core script cancels the Action Times + traits in the database. My enemies can only act once per turn even if I have Action Times + 600% when I have your script active. Was this intentional, or just a bug?

By the way thanks for the awesome work you do.
Unfortunately, this is a side effect of the AI primarily because of the structure MV built multiple actions. However, I'll be making up for this in the future by implementing a better way to handle multiple actions. 

Phew, I finally got a chance to pop open the Status Menu plugin.  Is there actually a way to hide base stats like Defense or Magic?  I'm trying to figure out a way to only display a few stats (namely MHP, TP, ATK, AGI and LUK), but from what I'm reading, I don't think there's a way to customize that with this script.

UNLESS THERE IS and I'm just super missing it, in which case I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!  Thanks again for all the awesome scripts and support, I really appreciate it. ;w;
Unfortunately, there's no way to hide it yet. However, I'll be making more extension plugins in the future for Status Menu Core to accomodate for this. I'm keeping this one bare bones for now as to not change the base too much. :)

Its not a crash bug or anything, but I wanted to mention it...

ItemCore:

* Change Equipment: * If the target equipment is independent, the game will first check to see * if the actor has an item equipped with the matching base item. If not, the * game will then check to see if the party has a matching base item in the * inventory first and use that. If not, then the game will create a new stock * version of the item and equip that to the actor.(Party not having the euqip first... doesn't work)

15_1204b.PNG

(This works)

15_1204a.PNG

Note: The equip is flagged as:

<Not Independent item>
Nice catch! Got it fixed! http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_ItemCore.js

Emmych

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly: Ah, good to know!  Thanks for the speedy reply~

fragmentedbergyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, just found out that the zoom-in animation that happens when a random encounter is triggered has black lines/seams at the displayed map. May be a rounding error as it looks like it has something to do with how the engine renders the map in chunk.

This only happens while using the Core script. Without it, no issues. Nothing else has been changed by the project.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Strange, I don't see those. Are you able to upload an empty project with the Core Engine online (don't deploy it) that reproduces this problem and link it here?

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There's been a new battle mechanic change because of the improper naming that MV gave it. By default, states named Action End were actually updated at the start of an action rather than the end of an action. It was something I've written here:

Forced Actions will reduce any states using Action End (in the editor) and Action Start (notetag) timings.

However, there was a problem I fixed earlier with the timing of Action End states that was specific to DTB. The fixed version is here: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js
No, Yanfly, you are mistaken.

1. You've made changes to Action End, not Turn End. I never use Action End in my project.

2. I was using a version of your plugin set that predate the changes you've made. Nothing to do with the mechanic change. I've updated with NO improvement.

3. Forced Action is reducing Turn End by 1 turn. NOT Action End. I don't use Action End.

4. The state countdown applies to ALL ENEMIES instead of the target of Force Action, which is USER. The Forced Action uses your Action Sequence as an environmental effect (e.g. Falling Rocks, Poison Pond, Lava Ground). Technically, it is a self-inflicted action, which should NOT effect enemies.

5. In my attempt to make a workaround, I tried Action End. Then, Forced Action caused Action End to break and become permanent instead.

Here are screenshots as proof:

Accumulated is set to Turn End 2.

Turn 1: Two monsters cast Accumulate on themselves, granting them Accumulated.

Turn 1 End: Party member 4 uses Forced Action on herself, taking about 100 damage.

Turn 2 Input Phase: Accumulated disappears from all enemies.

This also applies to states on party members, where Turn End is being counted down when any Forced Action occurs.

Removing the Forced Action causes Accumulated to countdown correctly.

I suspect that when a Forced Action occurs in Turn End Troop Event, it is somehow counted as a whole additional turn for all units.

The only other non-Yanfly plugins I use are WeaponSkill and ChangeWeaponsOnBattle.

EDIT: I turned OFF BattleEngineCore, Action Sequence plugins and it's still occuring! Looks like an MV bug?

EDIT 2: Debug Console Screenshots - Both are within one turn with 4 enemies and 4 actors.

EDIT 3: I've been looking into the source and here's what I've learned so far. Once BattleManager reaches Turn End, it sets its phase to "turnEnd". However, Force Action requires that phase to be set to "action" temporarily. After that, when BattleManager tries to set its phase back to "turnEnd", it does so through the same method that also countdowns states and regenerates HP. That's why updateStateTurnEnd is called twice if Force Action occurs within Turn End Troop Event.

Hey, just found out that the zoom-in animation that happens when a random encounter is triggered has black lines/seams at the displayed map. May be a rounding error as it looks like it has something to do with how the engine renders the map in chunk.

This only happens while using the Core script. Without it, no issues. Nothing else has been changed by the project.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
I've been getting this too, but I'm not sure what is causing it.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, will/can you make something for change the display of the game in landscape/portrait mode, allowing to change it even inside the game inside the options menu (and by plugin command)? Everything looks really bad on vertical view, and considering that not only me but a lot of people are using plugins that changes windows (a lot of them), it's going to be a nightmare edit everything to fit the windows in vertical view, and even more if we don't have knowledge about javascript.

That plugin could be a new one or a set of new functions integrated on the Core Engine. Also will be good if we can allow to the player change the view mode inside the option menu, so in the case that the player is using a Tablet, he can change it's display, also a plugin command to change the view would be good, so we can switch to horizontal view for some cutscenes or movies, and then switch back to the player's chosen view mode.

If you have already made something for vertical view games, sorry, can you provide me the link please? If not, I will really appreciate if you make something for fix this. On mobile games is better have a vertical view, so we can hold better the mobile with one hand and control it with the other hand (specially on mobile greather than 4.5''), or depending on the mobile size, we can even play it with one hand. Also, we can put some extra UI above or below (or both) on the screen to give more mechanisms or anything.

Considering that MV can export for mobile-platforms it's a shame still don't see scripts that takes advantage of it.

Look at the attached screenshots.

Thank you in advance for your reply.  :)

EDIT: Oh, also please let us change the position of the windows (command window, status window, help window, etc) not only to left or right but also up or bottom :)

badview.jpg

badview2.jpg

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
whoot whoot hey yanfly one of these time try using the title screen overhaul i made in video ;) just kidding just wanted to let you know my last release for it for a while is finaly out

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Yanfly, I ran into a problem in Action Sequence.

The scripts "collapse: all members", "collapse: targets" and "collapse: all alive" do nothing in "<finish action>", even though my party members already have 0HP after the action. Adding "force" to the end of those scripts kills the targets, so it looks like everything is working fine except for your 0HP check? Please take note that this only applies to "<finish action>". As a workaround, I left "<finish action>" alone and moved the collapse to "<whole action>" instead and it works fine.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can actually try this:

<follow action>if (Math.randomInt(99) < x) add state y: user, showend</follow action>Just replace x with the chance to apply the state, replace y with id of the state to apply to the user. You can also put in other phases, but I think these kind of buffs would be suitable in the follow action phase.

Hope this helps!
One thing I noticed is this works regardless if the enemy is was hit by the attack. Is there a way to input the state only if enemy was hit and did not evade/dodge?

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing I noticed is this works regardless if the enemy is was hit by the attack. Is there a way to input the state only if enemy was hit and did not evade/dodge?
Yeah. I dont really know to do that. I guess you can set target hp to a variable before action effect, then check target hp after action effect. If it's lowered, then generate the random number and apply state.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
No, Yanfly, you are mistaken.

1. You've made changes to Action End, not Turn End. I never use Action End in my project.

2. I was using a version of your plugin set that predate the changes you've made. Nothing to do with the mechanic change. I've updated with NO improvement.

3. Forced Action is reducing Turn End by 1 turn. NOT Action End. I don't use Action End.

4. The state countdown applies to ALL ENEMIES instead of the target of Force Action, which is USER. The Forced Action uses your Action Sequence as an environmental effect (e.g. Falling Rocks, Poison Pond, Lava Ground). Technically, it is a self-inflicted action, which should NOT effect enemies.

5. In my attempt to make a workaround, I tried Action End. Then, Forced Action caused Action End to break and become permanent instead.

Here are screenshots as proof:

Accumulated is set to Turn End 2.

Turn 1: Two monsters cast Accumulate on themselves, granting them Accumulated.

Turn 1 End: Party member 4 uses Forced Action on herself, taking about 100 damage.

Turn 2 Input Phase: Accumulated disappears from all enemies.

This also applies to states on party members, where Turn End is being counted down when any Forced Action occurs.

Removing the Forced Action causes Accumulated to countdown correctly.

I suspect that when a Forced Action occurs in Turn End Troop Event, it is somehow counted as a whole additional turn for all units.

The only other non-Yanfly plugins I use are WeaponSkill and ChangeWeaponsOnBattle.

EDIT: I turned OFF BattleEngineCore, Action Sequence plugins and it's still occuring! Looks like an MV bug?

EDIT 2: Debug Console Screenshots - Both are within one turn with 4 enemies and 4 actors.EDIT 3: I've been looking into the source and here's what I've learned so far. Once BattleManager reaches Turn End, it sets its phase to "turnEnd". However, Force Action requires that phase to be set to "action" temporarily. After that, when BattleManager tries to set its phase back to "turnEnd", it does so through the same method that also countdowns states and regenerates HP. That's why updateStateTurnEnd is called twice if Force Action occurs within Turn End Troop Event.

I've been getting this too, but I'm not sure what is causing it.
Interesting. Seems like that bug was caused by MV as a whole. :/ Anyway, this should fix it:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

I've also made a change so that forced actions do not drop the turn counts of Action Start and Action end tags.

Yanfly, will/can you make something for change the display of the game in landscape/portrait mode, allowing to change it even inside the game inside the options menu (and by plugin command)? Everything looks really bad on vertical view, and considering that not only me but a lot of people are using plugins that changes windows (a lot of them), it's going to be a nightmare edit everything to fit the windows in vertical view, and even more if we don't have knowledge about javascript.

That plugin could be a new one or a set of new functions integrated on the Core Engine. Also will be good if we can allow to the player change the view mode inside the option menu, so in the case that the player is using a Tablet, he can change it's display, also a plugin command to change the view would be good, so we can switch to horizontal view for some cutscenes or movies, and then switch back to the player's chosen view mode.

If you have already made something for vertical view games, sorry, can you provide me the link please? If not, I will really appreciate if you make something for fix this. On mobile games is better have a vertical view, so we can hold better the mobile with one hand and control it with the other hand (specially on mobile greather than 4.5''), or depending on the mobile size, we can even play it with one hand. Also, we can put some extra UI above or below (or both) on the screen to give more mechanisms or anything.

Considering that MV can export for mobile-platforms it's a shame still don't see scripts that takes advantage of it.

Look at the attached screenshots.

Thank you in advance for your reply.  :)

EDIT: Oh, also please let us change the position of the windows (command window, status window, help window, etc) not only to left or right but also up or bottom :)
Currently, this isn't something I have planned.

Hey Yanfly, I ran into a problem in Action Sequence.

The scripts "collapse: all members", "collapse: targets" and "collapse: all alive" do nothing in "<finish action>", even though my party members already have 0HP after the action. Adding "force" to the end of those scripts kills the targets, so it looks like everything is working fine except for your 0HP check? Please take note that this only applies to "<finish action>". As a workaround, I left "<finish action>" alone and moved the collapse to "<whole action>" instead and it works fine.
The collapse effect only takes part for those who have received the death state, but did not vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnamano